PDA

View Full Version : Ok sports misc, aware me on WTF I missed since Sunday in the NFL

kethnaab
10-20-2011, 08:06 AM
just found out that Carson Palmer is a Raider?

apparently Brandon Lloyd is a Ram?

What else have I missed during the NFL's trade deadline? Been traveling since Sunday.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Ronnie Brown dealt to the Lions for J Harrison and a 7th..

then voided because Harrison's health.

-Raider Nation is buying SB tickets..
-Rex Ryan said he would have ringS if he would have taken the Bolt coaching job ATT
-Norv fired back asking where his ringS were he guaranteed last 2 years
-Schaunnery (sp) DT for the Raydahs IR'd
-Mike Sims Walker back to the Jags
-Tebow starting
-Beck starting
-Ponder starting

I'll edit as i remember more

edit: Jeff Otah IR'd as well

and the Schwarts/Harbaugh drama.

Cliffs:
-Harbaugh challenged a play you can't challenge. Ref flagged him 15 yds.
-Schwartz mimicked something like "Learn the rules"
-Niners win
-Harbaugh sprints to mid field arms up, exposing his white belly
-Schwartz goes in for the hand shake, before he can say "congrats" or "good job" Harbaugh gives him a firm hit on the back (it was more of a gtf outta the way I am going to celebrate with my team, I dgaf about you typa shove)
-Shwartz says "wwwwtf??"
-Runs after him bumping him with his chest, in a very gay manor
-Harbaugh still avoids eye contact until the teams come in to break it up
-Harbaugh gives an bs apology in presser. Saying 'I shook to hard, I just went in there and really got it good and shook too hard'...

I did laugh when Harbaugh said, "We have work to do, our team needs to work on things and I need to work on the post game hand shake"...lols sucha dik

SneadAGs
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Yea dude 1st round pick for 2012 and 2nd round pick for 2013 given up for palmer, and he has like 1 week to learn the offense lol. I think those 2 trades are about it. T.O cleared to play again and Beck's starting for the panthers.

Beck's starting for the Skins

kethnaab
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Yea dude 1st round pick for 2012 and 2nd round pick for 2013 given up for palmer, and he has like 1 week to learn the offense lol. I think those 2 trades are about it. T.O cleared to play again and Beck's starting for the panthers.

I'm fairly certain Beck isn't starting for the Panthers. :)

So wow, the Raiders gave up a 2012 1st and a 2013 2nd?!?!?

damn, Al LIVES!!!!!

Onita
10-20-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm fairly certain Beck isn't starting for the Panthers. :)

So wow, the Raiders gave up a 2012 1st and a 2013 2nd?!?!?

damn, Al LIVES!!!!!

2013 conditional 2nd round, could be first if they win 1 playoff game, IIRC.

Raiders think they are going to the SB now.

leafs43
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
2013 conditional 2nd round, could be first if they win 1 playoff game, IIRC.

Raiders think they are going to the SB now.

Not saying the Raiders are going to the super bowl, but it hasn't been since the Denver Broncos in the 1990s when the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs has won the Super Bowl.

Being the top seed in the AFC is the kiss of death. More 6th seeds have won the super bowl than AFC #1 seeds. So if the Raiders make the playoffs, probably as the AFC west champs at a #4 seed, they are a better bet to get to the super bowl than New England is at the #1 seed

kethnaab
10-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Not saying the Raiders are going to the super bowl, but it hasn't been since the Denver Broncos in the 1990s when the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs has won the Super Bowl.

Being the top seed in the AFC is the kiss of death. More 6th seeds have won the super bowl than AFC #1 seeds.

yeah, it's like leading the NFL in passing yardage. That is the true kiss of death.

leafs43
10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
yeah, it's like leading the NFL in passing yardage. That is the true kiss of death.

IIRC the only 3 #1 seeds in the AFC to even make it to the Super Bowl since 1998 were the 2002 Oakland Raiders, 2007 Patriots and the 2009 Indy Colts. All ended up losing in dramatic fashion.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
IIRC the only 3 #1 seeds in the AFC to even make it to the Super Bowl since 1998 were the 2002 Oakland Raiders, 2007 Patriots and the 2009 Indy Colts. All ended up losing in dramatic fashion.

this could be the first time in quite a while that someone from the AFCW gets a wild card spot.

As of now I see wild card teams being:

Steelers
Bengals (MAYYYYBE)
Bills (MAAYYYYBE, we will see over the next couple weeks)
Chargers (division is up for grabs at this point)
Raiders

Don't think the Jets do it this year and the South will be texans or titans, but IMO no WC coming from there.

Greg1983
10-20-2011, 09:17 AM

The 03 Patriots seemed to do ok.

GetBigyo
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Giants continue to be the best team in the NFC East.

joelz54_99
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
just found out that Carson Palmer is a Raider?

apparently Brandon Lloyd is a Ram?

What else have I missed during the NFL's trade deadline? Been traveling since Sunday.

Tim Tebow all up in this.

cncman
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Giants continue to be the best team in the NFC East.lmfao ok

OptimusPoster
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
John Beck starting for Redskins, Ponder starting for Vikings, Tebow starting for Broncos, Palmer expected to start for Raiders.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
John Beck starting for Redskins, Ponder starting for Vikings, Tebow starting for Broncos, Palmer expected to start for Raiders.

Honestly do any of you guys read the thread?? Not even being a dik but I am almost positive 85% of you just pop in and post without reading anything

OptimusPoster
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Honestly do any of you guys read the thread?? Not even being a dik but I am almost positive 85% of you just pop in and post without reading anything

Your post covered pretty much everything. Just posted what I think is most interesting.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Your post covered pretty much everything. Just posted what I think is most interesting.

not even tryna be a dik bro, truth. I just notice that a lotta dudes seem like they fly up in a thread and just post a response to the OP and they bounce. So it was a serious question.

Not really a big deal if that is in fact the case, but I'd like to think there is more going on than a bunch of blabber lol.

It's like a late night coke party, everyone standing around TALKING and nobody is listening haha

Beliedat
10-20-2011, 01:15 PM
not even tryna be a dik bro, truth. I just notice that a lotta dudes seem like they fly up in a thread and just post a response to the OP and they bounce. So it was a serious question.

Not really a big deal if that is in fact the case, but I'd like to think there is more going on than a bunch of blabber lol.

It's like a late night coke party, everyone standing around TALKING and nobody is listening haha
Painfully aware brah lmao.

Lotta folks jump in and post hoping for rapes.