PDA

View Full Version : Lotta Big NFL Swing Games this weekend. Who ya got?

ezmac31
10-20-2011, 05:28 AM
DET/ATL - One or both of these teams could be NFC Wild Card representatives
HOU/TEN - Who pulls ahead in the division?
SD/NYJ - Can the jets keep the momentum after a win? can SD beat a non doormat out east?
CHI/TB - Both teams have multiple personalities..who shows up?
KC/OAK - KC right back in the hunt with a win..can palmer help OAK keep pace w/SD in the division?

My picks - TEN, NYJ, TB, KC

homer in me wants to take the lions but i have a bad feeling about the game, so i will hold off for now..

RAMBO316
10-20-2011, 06:01 AM
SD/NYJ - Can the jets keep the momentum after a win? can SD beat a non doormat out east?
KC/OAK - KC right back in the hunt with a win..can palmer help OAK keep pace w/SD in the division?

homer in me wants to take the lions but i have a bad feeling about the game, so i will hold off for now..

I hope the lions run defense shows up big time. Starting their defense this week. Could do without megatron going bonkers lol.

PeasAndRice
10-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Lol @ picking kc

Messiahtype
10-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Detroit wins definitively in a bounce back game after last week's tough loss. Something is wrong with Atlanta, they are just not a good football team.
Houston. Tennessee will fall to the back of the pack as the season progresses.
SD. Jets are suspect too. Drubbing Miami doesn't mean ****.
Tampa. Longer rest time, they got to London earlier, and the defense is taking advantage of mistakes right now
Oakland. They'll run for about 250 and let Palmer throw about 18 passes. Control the clock. Pick Cassel once or twice

ezmac31
10-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Detroit wins definitively in a bounce back game after last week's tough loss. Something is wrong with Atlanta, they are just not a good football team.
Houston. Tennessee will fall to the back of the pack as the season progresses.
SD. Jets are suspect too. Drubbing Miami doesn't mean ****.
Tampa. Longer rest time, they got to London earlier, and the defense is taking advantage of mistakes right now
Oakland. They'll run for about 250 and let Palmer throw about 18 passes. Control the clock. Pick Cassel once or twice Yeah i dont buy atlanta too much this year either, just never had detroit be good in the last 10 years and have to deal with a bounce back after a loss lol.

im not sold on Oaklands defense..they seem suspect against the run and pass and cassell has played decent after a rough start.

Messiahtype
10-20-2011, 06:52 AM
im not sold on Oaklands defense..they seem suspect against the run and pass and cassell has played decent after a rough start.
I'm not either but KC has no weapons and Stanford Routt can neutralize Bowe.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm not either but KC has no weapons and Stanford Routt can neutralize Bowe.

Baldwin is playing, and dont forget about Breaston, he's no slouche either..

Messiahtype
10-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Baldwin is playing, and dont forget about Breaston, he's no slouche either..
Baldwin is meaningless, and Breaston is averaging less than 3 catches per game.

austin.j.taylor
10-20-2011, 08:05 AM
DET
I like TEN here
SD the jets are terrible on offense and the defense looks worse than the last few years as well
CHI Cutler get to play against the defense he practices against every day.
OAK in a sloppy game

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Baldwin is meaningless, and Breaston is averaging less than 3 catches per game.

Meaningless? He hasn't even had a chance yet dude. He was a beast in college and I am willing to bet he turns out pretty good on this level.

I expect to see a LOT of DMC, if they try to get too cute and go deep I wouldn't be surprised if Tamba smacks Carson around quite a bit, that dude is a STUD.

Also, the Chief front 7 on D really isn't too bad, Belcher and Johnson are good ILB's, Kelly Gregg is def aging, but is still a load inside, and Jackson/Dorsey are playing pretty good. You have to think the Chiefs are going to be stacking the box and challenging Carson/Kyle from the get-go.

edit: Also, I think not having any type of off-season hurt Steve and Matts chemistry, if you've watched the last couple Chief games you'd see they are getting on the same page and i'd expect his production to increase throughout the year.

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
the ATL/DET game will be interesting. the falcons finally put together a complete game of good play calling on sunday
if we continue on this upward trend, I can definitely see us winning this one. dont count out the falcons! this game will be close

from what i have noticed the lions let RBs run it well. i need to go confirm that.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
the ATL/DET game will be interesting. the falcons finally put together a complete game of good play calling on sunday
if we continue on this upward trend, I can definitely see us winning this one. dont count out the falcons! this game will be close

dude that game was neck n neck till the 4th.

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 08:36 AM

the panthers have played every team neck and neck this year. and not against chumps either. the panthers dont get blown out.
not saying that we are awesome and this and that, but anybody who thinks the lions will run away with this are kidding themselves

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 08:38 AM

lol i just looked it up. the panthers have lost to GB/NO/CHI by a combined point total of 15. youre out of your mind if you think the panthers are pushovers

thats 7, 5, and 3 points. "NECK and NECK"

Messiahtype
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Meaningless? He hasn't even had a chance yet dude. He was a beast in college and I am willing to bet he turns out pretty good on this level.
Q. How many rookie receivers have big games in their first appearance in the NFL?

Q. How many rookie receivers have big rookie seasons in the NFL?

Q.How many rookie receivers have big games in their first appearance in the NFL coming off an injury after being unable to crack the top 4 in the depth chart pre-injury?

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
lol i just looked it up. the panthers have lost to GB/NO/CHI by a combined point total of 15. youre out of your mind if you think the panthers are pushovers

thats 7, 5, and 3 points. "NECK and NECK"

what in the FUK are you talking about? Seriously? Where did I say they were pushovers? lmao wow, strong paranoia.

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Q. How many rookie receivers have big games in their first appearance in the NFL?

Q. How many rookie receivers have big rookie seasons in the NFL?

Q.How many rookie receivers have big games in their first appearance in the NFL coming off an injury after being unable to crack the top 4 in the depth chart pre-injury?

That's fine, declare him meaningless before he's stepped on the field. Nobody is telling you to think otherwise, I just feel it's hard to call someone meaningless before they even get a chance.

inb4Baldwingoesfor100and1td

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
what in the FUK are you talking about? Seriously? Where did I say they were pushovers? lmao wow, strong paranoia.

so wtf did you mean by "ooh that game was neck and neck dude"

if you werent saying that the panthers were pushovers, then wtf were you talking about? and dont come back saying that I was saying that the falcons are the sh*t because i never said that.
all i said was that our coaches finally put together a complete game of coaching. not sure what was so invalid about that statement. we put together a complete game of coaching, then there is no reason for us to get blown out. heck i never even guaranteed a win here, i just said the game would be close.

in before idiotic response. it's safe to say that you are pretty much a dolt

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
so wtf did you mean by "ooh that game was neck and neck dude"

if you werent saying that the panthers were pushovers, then wtf were you talking about? and dont come back saying that I was saying that the falcons are the sh*t because i never said that.
all i said was that our coaches finally put together a complete game of coaching. not sure what was so invalid about that statement. we put together a complete game of coaching, then there is no reason for us to get blown out. heck i never even guaranteed a win here, i just said the game would be close.

in before idiotic response. it's safe to say that you are pretty much a dolt

I watched the game. Didn't think it was anything special, that's all. You guys pulled away in the 4th but I wasn't wowed by the play calling or anything. I just think you feel it was a well called game because the final score, and all I was saying is that is was a lot closer than the score said. If Cam doesn't make knucklehead decisions for 3 picks, who know's what you'd be saying about the play calling.

That just made you sound genius, assuming I am the one that will make an 'idiot' response....and you call me a 'dolt'..

It's funny how butt hurt you phaggots get when someone just makes an observation about your team. Lighten the fuk up

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I watched the game. Didn't think it was anything special, that's all. You guys pulled away in the 4th but I wasn't wowed by the play calling or anything. I just think you feel it was a well called game because the final score, and all I was saying is that is was a lot closer than the score said. If Cam doesn't make knucklehead decisions for 3 picks, who know's what you'd be saying about the play calling.

That just made you sound genius, assuming I am the one that will make an 'idiot' response....and you call me a 'dolt'..

It's funny how butt hurt you phaggots get when someone just makes an observation about your team. Lighten the fuk up

did you see our previous games, and how they were called? im guessing you didnt. not sure how you dont see a difference. in fact, you are just spewing sh*t out of your ass. come on admit it. I didnt say the game was anything special, i said that it was called well. i dont care if you didnt see anything special, that is completely irrelevant. fans were elated that ryan wasnt throwing the ball all game.

btw people get butthurt when other misinformed fans decide they want to speak about sh*t that they have limited knowledge of.

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 09:07 AM
and again, I know that there is a decent possibility that we will lose this weekend. I respect what the lions have done and all I ask is that my team goes in there and fights there asses off. thats it. chargerfan, you GTFO bro

Messiahtype
That's fine, declare him meaningless before he's stepped on the field. Nobody is telling you to think otherwise, I just feel it's hard to call someone meaningless before they even get a chance.

inb4Baldwingoesfor100and1td
Andre Johnson's first game 6/76/0
Larry Fitzgerald 4/70/0
Calvin Johnson 4/70/1
Hakeem Nicks 2/18/00

But you think a guy that is 5th on the depth chart behind the likes of Jerheme Urban and Terrance Copper making his first NFL appearance will make an impact?

chargerfn909
lol umad?

I have watched EVERY game in the NFL. I have NFL rewind and through the week I watch each and every game. The difference was you were up against rookie QB making rookie mistakes, so you guys pulled away.

Sorry that you feel my comment 'the game was neck n neck' was bad information. lol

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
and again, I know that there is a decent possibility that we will lose this weekend. I respect what the lions have done and all I ask is that my team goes in there and fights there asses off. thats it. chargerfan, you GTFO bro

The anger is almost coming through as "I am about to cry I am so mad" type of tone. Calm down, and get yourself together!

chargerfn909
10-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Andre Johnson's first game 6/76/0
Larry Fitzgerald 4/70/0
Calvin Johnson 4/70/1
Hakeem Nicks 2/18/00

But you think a guy that is 5th on the depth chart behind the likes of Jerheme Urban and Terrance Copper making his first NFL appearance will make an impact?

All I am saying is if the Raiders wanna act like he's MEANINGLESS it could bite them in the ass.

And why the fuk did you pick hakeem nicks up there? srs

Trapstar4.4
10-20-2011, 09:53 AM
lol umad?

I have watched EVERY game in the NFL. I have NFL rewind and through the week I watch each and every game. The difference was you were up against rookie QB making rookie mistakes, so you guys pulled away.

Sorry that you feel my comment 'the game was neck n neck' was bad information. lol

lol whatever you say. if we would have played like we played in previous weeks, the panthers would have beat us.
not sure how you deny that the play calling has changed over the course of the season. and dont say you arent because this is what your whole argument is based on. "the coaching wasnt the difference, rookie cam newton was the difference" and if you disagree with that then GTFO because you are all over the place. I said something ilke "glad the coaches called plays better" then you come in with your nonsensical bullsh*t.

the falcons normally give up alot of yards and get turnovers, so it's a stretch to say that cam newton was the difference. nothing changed with our defense. our offense however did change. you probably shouldnt have paid for NFL rewind. it isnt helping you at all. you could easily shout your canned bullsh*t without that service.

The anger is almost coming through as "I am about to cry I am so mad" type of tone. Calm down, and get yourself together!

whatever makes you feel better

mrawdtsi
10-20-2011, 09:54 AM

bolded my picks