PDA

View Full Version : espn is officialy a joke

RekeDMC
10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
they ranked a player who doesnt come thru when it matters most, chokes in crunch time,has zero rings, is a selfish player, only knows one play(isolation), is a ball hog, 0-2 in the finals
and yet they made lebron james is the best nba player? how is such a thing even possible?
i will still take an aging kobe over any nba player today to win a title.

espn is a joke, all they do is hype up the big market teams, and the big players

espn you suck

its still kobe>>>any nba player
and im a kings fan

avaela
10-19-2011, 05:53 PM
op is a phaggot
wtf happened to your 6 month ban?

SneadAGs
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Kobe is getting old.

One on one Lebron still beats anyone in the league regardless of his short comings in clutch situations. It's not a list of "Who is the most clutch, or who is most likely to win a championship for you." It's who's the best player and in all honesty, as much as I think Lebron is a phaggot, he's the best player.

dan213
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
selfish and a ball-hog?

one of the biggest knocks on lebron is that he's too unselfish.

CubsGuy17
10-19-2011, 06:05 PM
kobe<3

jakobi
10-19-2011, 06:21 PM
i'll take wade over lebron

RekeDMC
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
i'll take wade over lebronid take any player over lebron that id know would come thru in the clutch or in the 4th

Greg1983
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll take anyone who's not a ginger.

Texan1111
10-19-2011, 06:38 PM
they ranked a player who doesnt come thru when it matters most, chokes in crunch time,has zero rings, is a selfish player, only knows one play(isolation), is a ball hog, 0-2 in the finals
and yet they made lebron james is the best nba player? how is such a thing even possible?

espn is a joke, all they do is hype up the big market teams, and the big players

espn you suck

and im a kings fan

Can you please do something to get yourself banned? All you ever do is post threads of you biching about something.

RekeDMC
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Can you please do something to get yourself banned? All you ever do is post threads of you biching about something.isnt that what forums are for?

jross2021
10-19-2011, 06:47 PM
No NBA Season, No Care.

RekeDMC
10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
No NBA Season, No Care.were going to play a full 82 game season. rumor is after it ends theres a secret 82 game scheduled ready

ectobrahh
10-19-2011, 06:55 PM
derrick rose will win a ring before lebron,srs and so will durant

lsiberian
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM

espn you suck

and im a kings fan

So you disagree. It's not like Lebron isn't top 3 at least. I could see an argument for him. Dirk is the king though.

BullStampede
10-19-2011, 09:19 PM
who the fuk unbanned you?

RudeKong
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah espn is a joke for making player rankings in a league that isnt even playing. who cares there wont even be a season.

CalSky
10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
yes espn is trying to get more views so it's starting up this bs, srsly, put kobe at 7th? what a joke, kobe is either no.1 or no. 2

Mrs Grudge
10-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Out of all the things wrong with that list, someone thinks James being ranked at #1 is a travesty?

The hate around Lebron James really is baffling sometimes.

ClevageGobbler
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Kobe is getting old.

One on one Lebron still beats anyone in the league regardless of his short comings in clutch situations. It's not a list of "Who is the most clutch, or who is most likely to win a championship for you." It's who's the best player and in all honesty, as much as I think Lebron is a phaggot, he's the best player.

One-on-one he beats anybody in the league? I don't think so my friend...Did you see what that Dallas zone did to him in the finals? He did not know what to do. He simply could not and did not find a way to execute/penetrate/get to the basket/score points in the paint/make good plays for his teammates etc. Lebron froze up on nearly half of HIS plays if not more for the majority of that series. All that bum knows is ISO and that's so true. I don't even care about LBJ's demeanor anymore I just want to see him live up to the hype or at least acknowledge his shortcomings/tone down his arrogance.

ClevageGobbler
10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Out of all the things wrong with that list, someone thinks James being ranked at #1 is a travesty?

The hate around Lebron James really is baffling sometimes.

He could be the #1 regular season NBA player that would be somewhat accurate from a statistical standpoint. But this list is talking about the most complete NBA players and Lebron should be in second place at the very highest.

Greg1983
10-19-2011, 11:19 PM
One-on-one he beats anybody in the league? I don't think so my friend...Did you see what that Dallas zone did to him in the finals? He did not know what to do. He simply could not and did not find a way to execute/penetrate/get to the basket/score points in the paint/make good plays for his teammates etc. Lebron froze up on nearly half of HIS plays if not more for the majority of that series. All that bum knows is ISO and that's so true. I don't even care about LBJ's demeanor anymore I just want to see him live up to the hype or at least acknowledge his shortcomings/tone down his arrogance.

It may be true, but almost everything you just said has nothing to do with one on one.

10-19-2011, 11:20 PM
i laugh at anyone that would take lebron over kobe in a 7 game finals series. kobe doesn't play for his stats like lebron does

ClevageGobbler
10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
It may be true, but almost everything you just said has nothing to do with one on one.

Lebron was guarded one on one for the most part in the entire Dallas series and the Mavs put different players on lBJ and I didn't see him break down the d like a superstar would. did you?

jimbogr
10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Lebron was guarded one on one for the most part in the entire Dallas series and the Mavs put different players on lBJ and I didn't see him break down the d like a superstar would. did you?

Zone defense isn't really one on one if you wanna split hairs

ClevageGobbler
10-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Zone defense isn't really one on one if you wanna split hairs

yeah i know but they gave him space for that pull up three a majority of the time. it was only until he got passed DeShawn or Marion when they would rotate.

edit: and Jkidd on some occasions can't forget about that

Ecnewyx
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Kobe is getting old.

All of this. Especially the part about LeBron being a phaggot. But also that he's the best player and I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan. Sucks seeing a player you grew up watching/emulating get old... sucked with MJ in Washington, sucked with Iverson, now sucks with Kobe.

justin8684
10-20-2011, 08:56 AM
LeBron will always be at the top of anything put out by ESPN that ranks players...why all the shock?

I find it more hilarious that they have three point guards (most overrated position in the NBA) and a one-dimensional second year player in the top ten than anything else. Also, how in the **** is Duncan ranked in the top 20...AHEAD of Zach Randolph, Kevin Garnett, and LaMarcus Aldridge? Randolph's numbers **** all over Duncan's last season, his team overpowered Tim's in the playoffs, and he's five years younger. Another example of ESPN sucking the last few drops out of one of their cherished player's lizard.

Blasphemy
10-20-2011, 10:48 AM
how kobe is #7 is stupid as f*ck...

how lebron is #1 is f*ckin' stupid.

DannyStylez
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
who cares, first take is the only espn show i watch. they didn't even have lebron in the top 5 (srs)

ClevageGobbler
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
All of this. Especially the part about LeBron being a phaggot. But also that he's the best player and I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan. Sucks seeing a player you grew up watching/emulating get old... sucked with MJ in Washington, sucked with Iverson, now sucks with Kobe.

Lebron is not the best player in the league, he's not even top five if you ask me. Lebron held that team back in the Finals, I saw it and it was clear. I'm just going to assume that every person who says Lebron is the best player didn't watch the final chapter of the 2010-2011 season. It's a real head scratcher to me, to come onto this forum and see people give Lebron props like they do. That just tells me ESPN is doing a pretty damn good job.

And you say you're a kobe fan? Damn bro how are you going to say that Lebron is better than Kobe? Lebron's team is now better than Kobe's and he still can't manage to pull through. Given Kobe's circumstances, he was there for the team. **** man, he was doing the most for the team and he was the most banged up. There were too many reasons that come to mind as to why we got our asses handed to us the way we did. But one thing is for sure: Kobe may be getting older, but he still has gas in the tank. Enough for at least one championship given Pau doesn't play like a sophmore this season and Mike Brown and friends are as genius as their resumes show. Kobe's dying of hunger, we all saw Bynum, we just need Pau to come back to his real self.

brb_ballin
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
lol ya how dare they ignore the small market that is the LA Lakers and the unknown Kobe Bryant.

you're an idiot if you think Kobe's the best RIGHT NOW... thats what the list was.. not the past few years. given last year Kobe is no higher then #5

KennyK
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
ESPN is a joke because of this article

"If Red Sox Had Made Playoffs"

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7123270/off-base-wonders-happened-red-sox-won-one-more-game

Ecnewyx
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Given Kobe's circumstances, he was there for the team. **** man, he was doing the most for the team and he was the most banged up. There were too many reasons that come to mind as to why we got our asses handed to us the way we did. But one thing is for sure: Kobe may be getting older, but he still has gas in the tank.

Sure. And I like Kobe much better than LeBron. And I'd still want Kobe on my team taking the final shot (in b4 discussion on whether or not Kobe is actually clutch).

But if you're denying that Kobe's getting older, and picking his spots more and more on defense and on offense as a result of that, you're living in a dream world.

LeBron's a better athlete right now. LeBron shoots a higher percentage, scores more points, grabs more rebounds, and dishes more assists. Is he a phaggot? Of course. Will he quit on you in the 4th quarter of the Finals? Probably. Is he still a better player though? I think so.