PDA

View Full Version : Do you find NFL or College football more enjoyable?

dustinh6719
10-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Title and why.

I find NFL more enjoyable. It has to be two highish ranked teams playing before I'll watch a college game from start to finish but I could watch NFL all day errday.

The_Albatross
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I only enjoy college football when the team's are going up and down the field at will and scoring and doing crazy **** with the ball. Other than that, don't really care.

Sszpernoga
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
NFL. I used to be more into NCAA but I don't like the whole "playoff" system, if you even want to call it that. College games are sometimes more exciting, but I will take NFL anyday.

REDFIVEO
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I prefer NFL by far although I watch some college. I hate that there is no playoff in college. Lose one game on a freak play and your season is over. I also hate when the big name schools play small schools and blow them out by 60 points and everyone knew it was going to happen. What's the point of watching when they play a team way out of their league and the only question is how bad will they beat them.

OptimusPoster
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
NFL. Player recognition and less teams to try and wrap my head around.

jross2021
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
NFL because of player recognition, college is too big and the fact that they only plays 4 years, leaves me not knowing 80% of the players i'm watching. Much easier to be emotionally invested in every player in the NFL and to have an opinion of them all.

V10Kyle
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
College, because I was raised in Nebraska. I'm really into the NFL game, though, because of player recognition and the fact that they play at a level beyond what college can do. It's nice liking both so you can see players beginnings and then be like "I remember when that guy played for so and so.."

HELIX35
10-19-2011, 05:13 PM
NFL by far

There is way too much disparity in college unless it's a game between ranked teams

-=Zeus=-!
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm finding both really enjoyable.

Trapstar4.4
10-19-2011, 05:49 PM
NFL hands down. for the same reasons that others have said. also just knowing that it is so elite. even some of the best college guys cant cut it in the league. sh*ts crazy. requires even the best college athletes to work their asses off if they want to be something special

but with that said, I love college too. sh*t seems to get so heated when that clock starts winding down and the score is close. you can see the sh*t about to hit the fan from a mile away. you get to see guys get BEASTED on more in college. love the flat out showcases of, "im athletically superior to you, and here is why" type play

ah f*ck it. i love it all

onelochevy
10-19-2011, 05:53 PM
College. I love the hype that surrounds each game since there is no playoff and 1 loss can ruin the season. For example, none of the Saints regular season games will match the hype that the upcoming LSU/Bama game.

wildchild11
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
college. way more tradition, craziness, silliness. more "colorful" in other words. College Gameday is always awesome too.

More inventive offenses, trick plays and funny ass coaches. bigger stadiums and bigger crowds, srs.

oh, and real rivalry games, not manufactured sh!t. plus it's always cool to watch noob freshman -> struggling sophmore -> jive junior -> smooth senior.

Mac_xX
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
I like to watch certain players in college more cause they can flat out dominate but overall NFL.

phillyfreak7
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
NFL by a mile

If I'm watching a college football game, it's because I'm couch scouting, always looking for players that could help my Eagles.

GetBigyo
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
NFL and it's not even close.

inbefore "CFB players play with more passion and for the game"

jross2021
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
NFL by a mile

If I'm watching a college football game, it's because I'm couch scouting, always looking for players that could help my Eagles.

you gonna call them up and tell them who to draft?

fukin lol

okay scout.

GrecoRoman
10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
there is absolutely nothing like opening sunday and playoff football. Big College football games are fun but I love me some playoff football.

Shangius
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
NFL. I have a hard time getting invested in teams other than my own in CFB.

JoshLV
10-19-2011, 07:11 PM
NCAA no doubt. Bigger plays and rivalries.

OptimusPoster
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
NFL. I have a hard time getting invested in teams other than my own in CFB.

So true.

lsiberian
10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
there is absolutely nothing like opening sunday and playoff football. Big College football games are fun but I love me some playoff football.

Playoff football is amazing, but a college rivalry is pretty awesome too.

College needs a playoff for me to really care a ton. Boise being left out because of their conference is stupid to me. Let them all play and see who is the best on the field.

BullStampede
10-19-2011, 08:23 PM
College. Most people who went to a college with a good football program and went to the games and got emotionally invested in their team will say CFB. Those who missed out on college or went to a school without a good football team will likely say NFL.

I do enjoy both though. Thats why they are on different days

JMath
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
College ball!

ditsy911
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
About even...I love being a Bama fan and that's what keeps it close. I absolutely adore the NFL as a whole.

cbad7676
10-19-2011, 09:21 PM
2 good college teams going at it.

you can see and feel their emotion. you watch the momentum change and see the awww shiits about to get real.

the passion is hard to match.

NFL level can't complain when good teams go at it. watching the best of the best do their thing

dustinh6719
10-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm shocked at the poll results tbh. In my area NFL is unheard of compared to college ball. I have to agree with the ones that mentioned player recognition for NFL, I remember when Brady took over for Bledsoe I became and instant fan.

SwagMorris
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
College for the variety, pride, stadiums, traditions, Saturdays

NFL for the overall talent, cheerleaders, home town team

Overall, college. On top of my favorite team, I follow every other college team decently close. With the NFL, only the Panthers and Ravens.

RoyScience
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
NCAA...I like it because of the whole "College spirit" vibe i get from it.

Indians79
10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
College. Nothing matches the emotion and pageantry of a college football game. I'm a die hard ny giants fan and i dont even have a favorite college team. Id choose college over nfl all day.

Jester78
10-19-2011, 10:00 PM
nfl for me although people always want to question that

i can see both sided tho.

Nfl is the top tier, best of the best

college is a bunch of kids playing their asses off to make it up there with the best of the best.

still like NFL better imo tho

NMH
10-19-2011, 10:14 PM
nfl by a long shot

most college football games are really slow and seems like im watching high school football, although i will watch some of the big/closer games if im bored

Masstastic
10-19-2011, 10:19 PM
College football.

You follow recruiting, then watch these guys grow for 4-5 years. Then they go pro and well you just wish them luck.

The rivalries & passion of it all just cant be matched in the NFL.

Im not even from Alabama or a fan of Auburn or Alabama but when Cam Newton dived over Alabama's D-Line to pick up the game clinching 1st Down you could feel the shock & disappointment of the millions of Alabama fans from your TV.

Or the Michigan comeback on Notre Dame this season.

Or the ECU Hail Mary catch last season.

Or watching Boise's Kicker miss 2 crucical FG's costing Boise State a NC birth.

Its moments like that that represent college football at its best.

I couldn't care less about Bowl Games, its those regular season games that matter and leave everlasting moments.

ivegotbigballs
10-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Easily NCAA. So much more passion in the games and in the stands, big games have a true home-field advantage. I do respect the much higher level of play in the NFL though

jimbogr
10-19-2011, 11:01 PM
College. Most people who went to a college with a good football program and went to the games and got emotionally invested in their team will say CFB. Those who missed out on college or went to a school without a good football team will likely say NFL.

I do enjoy both though. Thats why they are on different days

This, I doubt anyone who went to a college heavy on football would say NFL. You're a lot more attached to those games.

although the NBA >>> College Basketball

phillyfreak7
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
you gonna call them up and tell them who to draft?

fukin lol

okay scout.What is your problem with me, phaggot? I said I only watch college football games because of specific players that are going Pro... I love watching the Senior Bowl, East vs West Shrine game, the NFL combine, and discussing about the NFL draft.

brb_ballin
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
haven't followed NCAA really since high school.

Idontlikeit
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Big on NFL this year because I just started fantasy lol. Did follow Tebow, Brafford, McCoy and all them in college, now everyone is in NFL. will be interesting to see how they all do at the pro level and who might get a ring in the next decade or so.

magicmatt
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
college is way too gimmicky for me. can only get into big games and games with teams that play pro style

doesn't help that i'm from the home of anti college sports. love college bball though

dekd
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
College because every game matters. In the NFL you can show up for 10 games a season and still go all the way, but in CFB 1 or 2 losses and your season is done