PDA

View Full Version : Constant feeling of hunger during BULK

BuckeyeBlitz
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey guys, I'm what you would call a bit of a bulk veteran, despite my stats. I'm a college student, so I'm always pulling the dreaded 6 months of 100% dedication followed by 2 months of totally giving up due to being too busy/too poor to be able to maintain. I yoyo from 180 to about 195-200 at least once a year, but that's not really what my question is about.

During my bulk phases in the past, and the current one I am on, I notice that after being on my bulk diet for about 3 weeks (3400 cals, clean, eating every 3 hours), I start feeling hungry even after I've consumed 3400 calories. It makes very little sense to me, because when I'm on my "off" phases, I am content with 2500 calories, and even then I don't feel hungry at all during the day.

I know that this is because of my metabolism speeding up due to the exercise and eating so many meals throughout the day, but my question is: When my body feels hungry, does that necessarily mean it is in a catabolic state (muscle deterioration)? After eating 3400 calories, and then feeling hungry to the point where my stomach is growling doesn't bother me, so much as the thought of "uh oh, I feel hungry, I better eat something before I start losing weight".

So in essence, does hunger (physically must stomach growling, not mental cravings) translate to my body feeding off of itself and me needing to consume more food? Thanks so much, I've been racking my brains over this one.

If anyone has any links to information on this subject for some further reading, I would appreciate that too! Thanks!

sunngodd
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Welcome to team never full. The cucumber slices and water at the meetings are covered by your membership dues. This months topic: Fitting 3 Large Pizzas in Your Macros.

HunterCML
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
So in essence, does hunger (physically must stomach growling, not mental cravings) translate to my body feeding off of itself and me needing to consume more food?

No.