PDA

View Full Version : Chips are my achilles heel... halp!

DogEatDog3
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Never had a sweet tooth and don't really care about being on a "boring" diet when cutting, but my binges on chips is killing my cut. Its got to be the combination of flavored salt and the crunch in chips. I am fighting the urge to go out and buy a bag right now. Help me stick with the cut misc. What are some low/no carb ways to eat something crunchy??

SuffolkPunch
10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
What are some low/no carb ways to eat something crunchy??Pork rinds?

Ecobb
10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Just adjust some of your meals so you can fit a bag of chips in your macros

J_dazzle23
10-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Fit them in your macros or don't have them in the house. IIFYM makes things a bit easier, but if you can't control yourself when it comes to what you put in your mouth, then you need to fix that.

DogEatDog3
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Fit them in your macros or don't have them in the house. IIFYM makes things a bit easier, but if you can't control yourself when it comes to what you put in your mouth, then you need to fix that.

It's weird, mostly I see food as fuel, I don't eat fast food anymore, I dont eat junk I really have no desire to do so. But especially when cutting and getting <40-50g carbs a day and when work gets stressful I think it's the "crunch" that I crave... and I can't help but just want chips. I guess I could portion them off in little baggies so I don't go crazy but I'd rather find an alternative

desslok
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
If you have trouble with portion control, air pop your own popcorn and try that. Or order some of this:
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/freezedriedbroccolican.aspx

J_dazzle23
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
It's weird, mostly I see food as fuel, I don't eat fast food anymore, I dont eat junk I really have no desire to do so. But especially when cutting and getting <40-50g carbs a day and when work gets stressful I think it's the "crunch" that I crave... and I can't help but just want chips. I guess I could portion them off in little baggies so I don't go crazy but I'd rather find an alternative

This may very well go against what IIFYM preaches, and I may get negged this, but here it goes....

The people I have seen with the most success, find a way to not have the need to derive any happiness or pleasure from what they put in their mouth. They get to the point where "what they eat" does not make them happy or affect their mood.

Now if you are at only 50 Carbs, then chips are going to be pretty difficult to fit into your macros, but maybe it would be better to construct a cutting diet that would allow for more CHO, and throw a bag of chips in every day? I see that as being your only two options. Get over it, or find a way to fit them in.

lee__d
10-17-2011, 09:28 AM
This may very well go against what IIFYM preaches, and I may get negged this, but here it goes....

The people I have seen with the most success, find a way to not have the need to derive any happiness or pleasure from what they put in their mouth. The get to the point where "what they eat" does not make them happy or affect their mood.

Now if you are at only 50 Carbs, then chips are going to be pretty difficult to fit into your macros, but maybe it would be better to construct a cutting diet that would allow for more CHO, and throw a bag of chips in every day? I see that as being your only two options. Get over it, or find a way to fit them in.

i disagree. I'm sure many/most people here (even the ppl with great physiques) enjoy their food on a psychological level. It's only human.

J_dazzle23
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
i disagree. I'm sure many/most people here (even the ppl with great physiques) enjoy their food on a psychological level. It's only human.

I actually agree with you. If you see the part of my post that you bolded, I specifically threw in the word "need" when talking about deriving pleasure or happiness from what food they eat. For example, if you see a guy with a great physique like pbateman, I know for a fact when he eats mac and cheese and steak, he enjoys his food on a psychological level. What my point was, is that I am quite positive that he does not "need" it on a psychological level the way this poster is describing his need for chips.

I.E., I get a ton of satisfaction out of eating a pint of ben and jerry's, but I can certainly be a happy person and make it through my day, or even week or month, without having a pint of ice cream.

lee__d
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
I actually agree with you. If you see the part of my post that you bolded, I specifically threw in the word "need" when talking about deriving pleasure or happiness from what food they eat. For example, if you see a guy with a great physique like pbateman, I know for a fact when he eats mac and cheese and steak, he enjoys his food on a psychological level. What my point was, is that I am quite positive that he does not "need" it on a psychological level the way this poster is describing his need for chips.

I.E., I get a ton of satisfaction out of eating a pint of ben and jerry's, but I can certainly be a happy person and make it through my day, or even week or month, without having a pint of ice cream.

I understand more clearly now and agree with this, thx for rewording.