PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With my Bulking Diet

patrick656
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey there,

Just started weightlifting again and I'm trying to complete my diet. I'm obviously not getting enough calories and I'm hoping someone can help me fine tune my diet. I read the stickies and based on my height/age/weight (6'2/24/173) I need roughly 2500 to maintain and around 3500 to properly bulk, from what I can tell. For arguments sake let's just say I'm eating the same thing every day. Here is what I have so far.

(In No Particular Order)

3Multivitamin
3Fish Oil Pill
1.25L Skim Milk
1 Apple
2 Stalks of Celery
2 Fistful of Green Beans
1 Fistful of Broccoli
2 Whole Carrots
1 Whole Tomato
3 Whole Eggs
3 Scoops of Optimum Whey
4 Tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter
1.25 Cups of Raw Steel Cut Oats
250ml Berry Juice
55g Vector Cereal
1 Can of Chunk Light Tuna
60g Light Cheddar Cheese
15 ish almonds/day
2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
20ml of Fish Oil Liquid

This is what it roughly works out to:

2800 Calories / 87g Fat / 2800 Sodium / 275g Carb / 39g Fiber / 232g Protein / 139 Sugar

I use a blender, ALOT. That's how I get all those listed vegetables. I realize it would be good to add a chicken/brown rice source but if possible I'd rather just substitute those foods for something more simple (like tuna/another protein shake, something I can blend, etc)

How are my ratios? Is the sodium too much? I need to get another ~600-800 calories a day and I'm wondering what I can improve upon

Thank you in advance, I'm hoping to get to ~185 by Christmas then ~200 to 205 by March and I know how important diet is.. I'm very new to this so any pointers are appreciated.

OtisBDriftwood
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Just eat, son! Don't worry about the rest.

WonderPug
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
You need to start at the beginning and read the stickies.

patrick656
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I did read the stickies... Did I miss something obvious?

Gabriel47
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
if you want to bulk add all the meat that you can, steaks, chicken, turkey, etc, are yu eating this?

also lots of carbs, in a bulk pasta, rice in huge amounts

OtisBDriftwood
10-16-2011, 04:09 PM
if you want to bulk add all the meat that you can, steaks, chicken, turkey, etc, are yu eating this?

also lots of carbs, in a bulk pasta, rice in huge amounts

Doesn't matter! He can even bulk on McDonalds (i Know i do!) as long as he gets the right macros and the surplus needed for growth.

AdamWW
10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I did read the stickies... Did I miss something obvious?

You must have since in your OP you mention your "ratios" as though they matter.

patrick656
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
You must have since in your OP you mention your "ratios" as though they matter.

Ok So I just need to throw on another 700 calories but I'm finding myself being full and "forcing" myself to eat from about 4 in the afternoon onwards.. So --> what are some super high calorie food that's super easy to prepare, and doesn't make you feel bloated (ie: you can eat easily when your already full)?

patrick656
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Ok So I just need to throw on another 700 calories but I'm finding myself being full and "forcing" myself to eat from about 4 in the afternoon onwards.. So --> what are some super high calorie food that's super easy to prepare, and doesn't make you feel bloated (ie: you can eat easily when your already full)?

bump->would be really helpful if anyone had suggestions on foods that might work for this. I've read around and have a couple ideas but I'm hoping someone possibly has the same problem and can share some insight

jarekd1234
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
bump->would be really helpful if anyone had suggestions on foods that might work for this. I've read around and have a couple ideas but I'm hoping someone possibly has the same problem and can share some insight

cheeseburgers from mcdonalds?