PDA

View Full Version : So it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it fits your calories for the day?

Merc009
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
*ordering pizza on the phone while typing*

I know you won't be healthy but what about muscle and fat gain/loss?

lovingit
10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
What is unhealthy about pizza? Pizza is protein, fat, and carbs, and even includes veggies if you order it that way.

Also, macros and micronutrients matter.

pneumaticgunner
10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
if you ate 2000 calories of skittles, it would not be as healthy as 2000 calories of protein shakes :-P I get what youre saying though. It might not change your weight much, but it will affect how you carry the weight. someone who eats a lot of junk carbs is going to have more belly fat then someone who is more conscious of keeping protein in their diet.

MikeK46
10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Good idea on the pizza. I think I'll have a pie as well.

dragonman6
10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
What is unhealthy about pizza? Pizza is protein, fat, and carbs, and even includes veggies if you order it that way.

Also, macros and micronutrients matter.

That.

Mr_Aryze
10-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Also, macros and micronutrients matter.This. The populace deem almost everything unhealthy... look at the problems of modern society - namely obesity - everything is unhealthy in that case.

Ryan314
10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
if you ate 2000 calories of skittles, it would not be as healthy as 2000 calories of protein shakes :-P I get what youre saying though. It might not change your weight much, but it will affect how you carry the weight. someone who eats a lot of junk carbs is going to have more belly fat then someone who is more conscious of keeping protein in their diet.

Pls go.

alex2363
10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Good idea on the pizza. I think I'll have a pie as well.Just ate one, dayum that was good.

desslok
10-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Wheat flour: healthy
Tomatoe Sauce: Healthy
Cheese : healthy
Veggies. Healthy
Olive oil: healthy
Herbs and spices : healthy

Once combined and formed into the shape of pizza immediately starts a chemical reaction and becomes toxic and fattening, and worse than skittles.

(Notsrs)

BlackHeart.au
10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Veggies. Healthy

Once combined and formed into the shape of pizza immediately starts a chemical reaction and becomes toxic and fattening, and worse than skittles.

(Notsrs)

The problem with pizza is not the ingredients in itself, but the portion it comes in. Not many people can just eat 2 slices then stop.

nics1246
10-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Pizza sure does sound good right now. With a Cold Stone ice cream bowl!

Sawa3
10-15-2011, 08:01 PM
It does matter to some degree if you want energy to get through your day and stay healthy. Have junk but don't make junk all ya eat. Pizza isn't great but is a great treat and can be better when you buy some brands or make your own

Ryan314
10-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Define "junk".

JOSEF RAKICH
10-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Do you know the macros of this pizza you are ordering..

MikeK46
10-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Pizza sure does sound good right now. With a Cold Stone ice cream bowl!

I almost always follow my pizza with a bowl of Ben & Jerry's, will that do?

desslok
10-15-2011, 08:17 PM
The problem with pizza is not the ingredients in itself, but the portion it comes in. Not many people can just eat 2 slices then stop.

Lack of self control and moderation isn't the problem of a certain food's form factor.

FourToEight
10-15-2011, 08:19 PM

No offense.

But NO ****ING ****, skittles and protein shakes have ridiculously different macro-nutrient profiles, of course there is going to be a difference.

MikeK46
10-15-2011, 08:19 PM

He probably has a good estimate...

http://quikorder.pizzahut.com/QOcontent2/Files/PDF/NutritionInformation.pdf

http://www.dominos.com/shared/base/pdf/dominos_nutrition_v2.30.00.pdf

http://www.papajohns.com/menu/ni_pizzas.shtm

Sawa3
10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Things like cake candy and donuts. They are yummy but what do they do for you other than are empty calories? Pizza not always great and can be "junk" but that is a moderation food. Eat those things some just not always ykwim?

as3d
10-15-2011, 10:00 PM
This^ it most certainly does not fit your macros OP.

and this^

BlackHeart.au
10-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Things like cake candy and donuts. They are yummy but what do they do for you other than are empty calories? Pizza not always great and can be "junk" but that is a moderation food. Eat those things some just not always ykwim?

He knows what you're trying to define as "junk". More or less he's waiting to start an argument.

Lack of self control and moderation isn't the problem of a certain food's form factor.

While that is true. Not all but "most" people cannot self portion control when it come to pizza.

nosix
10-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah I smashed a 10'' pizza lastnight followed by 2 pb&jam sandwhiches and I couldnt careless not it didnt fit my macros (free meal)

vitornoob
10-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Veggies. Healthy

(Notsrs)

this...
together = unhealthy
separated = healthy!

mind=blow

the key is eating everything with moderation (:

WonderPug
10-16-2011, 04:18 AM
*ordering pizza on the phone while typing*
I know you won't be healthy but what about muscle and fat gain/loss?

What is unhealthy about pizza? Pizza is protein, fat, and carbs, and even includes veggies if you order it that way.I find it fascinating that some folks believe that the name of a food determine if a food is "healthily" or not, and whether it will induce weight gain/loss, rather than the actually nutrient content in context of one's entire diet.

nosix
10-16-2011, 04:34 AM
I find it fascinating that some folks believe that the name of a food determine if a food is "healthily" or not, and whether it will induce weight gain/loss, rather than the actually nutrient content in context of one's entire diet.

Simple people have been brainwashed

psychodiver9
10-16-2011, 05:32 AM

Which is why when I eat pizza I Leave enough calf for at least 4 slices

peanut-butter
10-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I find it fascinating that some folks believe that the name of a food determine if a food is "healthily" or not, and whether it will induce weight gain/loss, rather than the actually nutrient content in context of one's entire diet.

Maybe pizza is "dirty" because so many ingredients must mean cross contamination?

BlackHeart.au
10-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Which is why when I eat pizza I Leave enough calf for at least 4 slices

I make my own, extra thin crispy base, loaded with toppings = whole pizza :p

BlackHeart.au
10-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Maybe pizza is "dirty" because so many ingredients must mean cross contamination?

Does that mean an Anus & a penis are clean, but if you add them together it's dirty?

cross contamination?

wait wut?

psychodiver9
10-16-2011, 06:22 AM
I make my own, extra thin crispy base, loaded with toppings = whole pizza :p

Thin crust = fail

ovahdryve
10-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I been eating McDonalds and Pizza every day this week b****

BlackHeart.au
10-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Thin crust = fail

No way. Thin >>> thick (unless it's stuff crust)

Thick crust feels like eating a loaf of bread. :)

psychodiver9
10-16-2011, 06:32 AM
No way. Thin >>> thick (unless it's stuff crust)

Thick crust feels like eating a loaf of bread. :)

No way. Deep dish ftw. Stuffed crust is my fav

BlackHeart.au
10-16-2011, 06:36 AM
No way. Deep dish ftw. Stuffed crust is my fav

well if it's stuff crust..... i cannot argue.

But thanks bud, It's now midnight here, and wasn't hungry till before.

0% chance of obtaining any nice food, since i need to go shopping.

Now here i am eating Oatmeal.......

OtisBDriftwood
10-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Mehh at Pizza, could care less for it. Now, put me some cheeseburgers in front of me and my bis get an instant pump.

lovingit
10-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Things like cake candy and donuts. They are yummy but what do they do for you other than are empty calories? Pizza not always great and can be "junk" but that is a moderation food. Eat those things some just not always ykwim?All food is a moderation food.

Also, candy and donuts contain macronutrients, therefore they indeed "do something for you."

OtisBDriftwood
10-16-2011, 09:25 AM
All food is a moderation food.

Also, candy and donuts contain macronutrients, therefore they indeed "do something for you."

I dig them... I love to carb load on donuts.