PDA

View Full Version : Big time KO in NHL tonight

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
KoBXfD2oHRg

This will be the last season NHL "allows" fighting, mark it down.

DRob27
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
PETA is gonna be all over asham for killing a beagle

Mac_xX
10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Yup, fighting is on the way out.

Not that I want it to be gone, but I can see why it has to be.

WheyneNewton
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
holy sh*t. repped for vid, heard about this. so epic.

yieldtonothing
10-13-2011, 07:13 PM
lol at getting KO'd while wearing a visor.

don cherry approves

PatrickBateman1
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Haha I'm subscribed to hockeyfightsdotcom as well. Repped (when I'm off recharge).

21Classic
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
whos that phaggot at 0:35. watch your phucking skate *******, dude already got KOd he doesnt need you to cut his hand off

TheAntihero
10-13-2011, 07:26 PM
asham saved that dude by continuing to hold his jersey after the KO, or else he would have faceplanted and it would have been goodnight sweet prince squared

futbolista89
10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
whos that phaggot at 0:35. watch your phucking skate *******, dude already got KOd he doesnt need you to cut his hand off

Lol I was watching his skate too

Tyler44
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
fukin sick!

If this is the last season Hockey allows fighting, it will quickly be the beginning of the end of the NHL again.

Brahseph
10-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Thats what you deserve for leaving your helmet on even after you square up.

With a visor no less

Budly69
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Somebody aware me on how that was bad?

magicmatt
10-13-2011, 09:47 PM
saw this live and said to myself "oh fuk, fighting is on its way out asap"

Almost88
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Thats what you deserve for leaving your helmet on even after you square up.

With a visor no less

helmet? lol if asham doesn't let him down easy by grabbing his jersey a bit on the way down, no helmet he's literally dead right now.

badabing81
10-14-2011, 12:09 AM

not a chance. this will be an issue for maybe 24 hours and then blow over like every other time this comes up

remember the ivanans/macintyre drama at the beginning of last season? yea, probably not.

DemLatsSoClose
10-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Beagle was lucky as hell asham braced his impact wit the ice. Would have been double concussed.

its50
10-14-2011, 02:19 AM
asham = douchebag with the showboating at the end

Mac_xX
10-14-2011, 03:00 AM
not a chance. this will be an issue for maybe 24 hours and then blow over like every other time this comes up

remember the ivanans/macintyre drama at the beginning of last season? yea, probably not.

notsureifsrs

Head hits in hockey have been at the forefront of the hockey media for the last 6 months.

Kovalchuk
10-14-2011, 04:01 AM
I love how Asham is able to predict Sidney Crosby's return to the NHL.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

badabing81
10-14-2011, 04:31 AM
notsureifsrs

Head hits in hockey have been at the forefront of the hockey media for the last 6 months.

you said that fighting was going to be banned. it's not the same thing

SpermWhale
10-14-2011, 05:48 AM
:standing over Debo:

"you got knocked the **** out!"

davebar
10-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Dude got wrecked.......strong right hook to the jaww

BullStampede
10-14-2011, 06:33 AM
lold

Darthn3ss
10-14-2011, 07:12 AM
asham saved that dude by continuing to hold his jersey after the KO, or else he would have faceplanted and it would have been goodnight sweet prince squared
this.

always good to see a first year guy going for it tho.

Almost88
10-14-2011, 07:55 AM
If I was the Penguins I probably wouldn't start Crosby against the Caps the rest of the season...just a hunch.

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
10-14-2011, 11:02 AM

the end result is the same... hits to the head = concussions. hypocrisy would be mind numbing if the league were to address illegal hits to the head on the basis that its leading to more concussions and endangering player safety, and not address fighting.

if anything, its mind numbing that fighting is still allowed, yet incidental, often unavoidable contact that is part of the high speed of the game is being so harshly cracked down upon.

i enjoy fighting as much as the next guy. if it happens in a hockey game, i won't look away. hell, i'd watch two homeless men fight over a piece of pizza that has long surpassed its 5 second rule. that doesn't mean i don't think its flat out stupid, dangerous and needs to be removed. i think i would enjoy gladiatorial combat between convicted felons, why can't we put that together?

all we need to wait for is the first NHLer to die during/after a hockey fight, and eventually this will happen, with NHL enforcers now even training boxing and other striking disciplines as much as they practice on the ice. darcy hordichuk for example has trained a lot with chuck liddell and the Pit at AKA. hopefully the league comes to their senses before someone dies.. a 20 year old player in ontario died in 2009 after being KO'd and hitting his head on the ice during a fight.. Don Sanderson.

its amazing fighting in the NHL is still accepted by society; bare-knuckle fighting was long ago outlawed by athletic commissions and would never be sanctioned as an event by itself. the fact it still occurs on a surface harder than concrete (and MUCH, MUCH harder than boxing ring or octagon surface), with sharp blades present, no written rules, no referees that are specifically trained to referee fights and no absolute written consent between players... insane. but i will reiterate, just because i find it insane and ridiculous doesn't mean i will turn away. but at the same time, just because people will watch doesn't mean you should show it. people will watch some pretty sick schit...

i've been meaning to write a comprehensive essay about this... maybe i'll start it now that the ideas are flowing

Mac_xX
10-14-2011, 12:42 PM

It is the same thing. Punch to the head = head hit. Common sense, use it. The arguments go hand in hand.

kethnaab
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I love how Asham is able to predict Sidney Crosby's return to the NHL.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh look, Mr. Obsession himself rears his head.

what does he talk about?

Sid Crosby, of course.

and, of course, the thread had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Sid Crosby.

But, that's what Mr. Obsession does.

KennyK
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
somebody gif that ****!

KennyK
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM
"It's unfortunate the way the fight ended. Obviously I want to win. I don't want to go out there and hurt anyone. My gestures at the end there, I was into the game. It was uncalled for. Classless on my part. I think those guys over there know that I'm not that type of guy to be going off. It was a big game you know. I wanted to get my bench going. Classless move on my part." -Asham

Budly69
10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
"It's unfortunate the way the fight ended. Obviously I want to win. I don't want to go out there and hurt anyone. My gestures at the end there, I was into the game. It was uncalled for. Classless on my part. I think those guys over there know that I'm not that type of guy to be going off. It was a big game you know. I wanted to get my bench going. Classless move on my part." -Asham

Ok dudes, I'm cool with hockey and allmit entails,I just don't watch it much therefore I dont know a lot about it so enlighten me. How is it that Beagle douches on the first guy, swings on the second guy and somehow is a victim here? Asham stood up for his team mate and knocked out a guy that swung on him first, how is this a crime? This all seems to be blown way out of proportion to me.

Kumquatv1
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
A challenger enters the field

4PlNzARV0XM

TommyTuffGuy
10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Nothing wrong with what he did. Fights exist in hockey to ENTERTAIN THE FANS. Or it wouldn't be allowed. So his WWE antics afterwards are just that, entertainment. That bish-ass Caps player swung on him first anyhow from how it appears.

badabing81
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
It is the same thing. Punch to the head = head hit. Common sense, use it. The arguments go hand in hand.

no, they don't and i think anyone who's played hockey above the house league level will understand the difference.

the hit to the head rule/drama is designed to prevent concussions to unsuspecting players, not guys willingly engaged in a fight. you are NEVER going to prevent concussions in a full contact sport. you can try and minimize the numbers, but it will never stop.

fighting exists in hockey to make players accountable for their actions. NOT for entertainment, NOT just to give big goons a job. do you have any concept of how many MORE cheap shots/elbows/hits to the head/stick swinging incidents we would see if players weren't allowed to fight or knew they wouldnt have to fight?

the NHL will not ban fighting. it's not going to happen. a kid died in a hockey fight in brantford 2 years ago, last year we had orr, ivanans out for long periods with concussions from fighting, 3 enforcers died this off-season and nothing's been done or even debated at the top level. it's not going to happen.

so keep ranting about fighting being on its way out. you'll just look dumb 10 years from now when threads like this are still popping up.

CCAurora
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
The dude that KO'd himwas classy as fuark... gently let him down so his head didn't smack the ice and gave him props as he drooled his way off the ice

xTRxReckless
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
the end result is the same... hits to the head = concussions. hypocrisy would be mind numbing if the league were to address illegal hits to the head on the basis that its leading to more concussions and endangering player safety, and not address fighting.

if anything, its mind numbing that fighting is still allowed, yet incidental, often unavoidable contact that is part of the high speed of the game is being so harshly cracked down upon.

i enjoy fighting as much as the next guy. if it happens in a hockey game, i won't look away. hell, i'd watch two homeless men fight over a piece of pizza that has long surpassed its 5 second rule. that doesn't mean i don't think its flat out stupid, dangerous and needs to be removed. i think i would enjoy gladiatorial combat between convicted felons, why can't we put that together?

all we need to wait for is the first NHLer to die during/after a hockey fight, and eventually this will happen, with NHL enforcers now even training boxing and other striking disciplines as much as they practice on the ice. darcy hordichuk for example has trained a lot with chuck liddell and the Pit at AKA. hopefully the league comes to their senses before someone dies.. a 20 year old player in ontario died in 2009 after being KO'd and hitting his head on the ice during a fight.. Don Sanderson.

its amazing fighting in the NHL is still accepted by society; bare-knuckle fighting was long ago outlawed by athletic commissions and would never be sanctioned as an event by itself. the fact it still occurs on a surface harder than concrete (and MUCH, MUCH harder than boxing ring or octagon surface), with sharp blades present, no written rules, no referees that are specifically trained to referee fights and no absolute written consent between players... insane. but i will reiterate, just because i find it insane and ridiculous doesn't mean i will turn away. but at the same time, just because people will watch doesn't mean you should show it. people will watch some pretty sick schit...

i've been meaning to write a comprehensive essay about this... maybe i'll start it now that the ideas are flowing

first stopping hits now stoping fighting? no way they do this and if they do nhl will not last

Big7Ben86
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
lol @ this thread

fighting is part of the game, always has and always will be. these kind of things will happen

but props to asham, he beat that ass

thegenerel
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok dudes, I'm cool with hockey and allmit entails,I just don't watch it much therefore I dont know a lot about it so enlighten me. How is it that Beagle douches on the first guy, swings on the second guy and somehow is a victim here? Asham stood up for his team mate and knocked out a guy that swung on him first, how is this a crime? This all seems to be blown way out of proportion to me.

because people claim that Beagle is just a young guy who put his honor first. even though he had 4" and 15 lbs on Asham, he was the major underdog in this fight. people think that even if you take the first swing in the fight, you shouldnt get knocked out cold. the taunting put it over the top

but Asham has repeatedly said that he feels sick over hurting him and that he was completely wrong taunting him. he said that he woke up today feeling terrible.

thegenerel
10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
The dude that KO'd himwas classy as fuark... gently let him down so his head didn't smack the ice and gave him props as he drooled his way off the ice

yea, Asham tapped his stick after he got up. people are still screaming for a pound of flesh.

ironic that Ovechkin had an issue with the celebration, yet if there is one guy in the NHL who is egregious in his celebrating, its Ovy.

znith
10-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Everyone's hating on the gestures he made after, showboating and all.
Him beating the crap out of Beagle was perfectly fine, Asham's job is to hit and stand up for his more skilled teammates like Letang.

In-N-Out
10-14-2011, 07:48 PM
He didn't lay his head down. Asham didn't want to fall over. Media is blowing it out of proportion as usual.

badabing81
10-14-2011, 07:58 PM
He didn't lay his head down. Asham didn't want to fall over. Media is blowing it out of proportion as usual.

yep, i guarantee you beagle couldn't give any less of a ****. he'll come out with a statement and will say "i got caught, thats how it goes" but off goes the media creating some bull**** fuking circus.

sometimes i wish this sport never developed past the 80s - that was hockey

ZJYsV9B7g7c

Almost88
10-14-2011, 09:34 PM
sometimes i wish this sport never developed past the 80s - that was hockey

[youtube]

Seeing Stevens hipcheck Dano is always weird no matter how many times i see it.

Greg_Orndorff
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM

This won't be the last year though. We are looking at 5 years minimum. I see them cracking down slightly next year.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I want it out. I watch MMA for my brutality. No need for it in hockey anymore.

badabing81
10-15-2011, 03:16 AM
uh, take fighting out and you'll see a hell of a lot more "brutality" in hockey than you do now.

people just dont get it. fighting is not a sideshow entertainment act, it's there for a reason.