PDA

View Full Version : Off Days

Xhale12
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I read on Lean Gains, they advocate eating below maintenance on rest days, when bulking. Do most of you do this? Do you eat less carbs and more fat? Will it result in less fat gain?

I am trying to figure out what my macros should look like on rest days.

lovingit
10-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Nope. When I bulk I eat in a surplus every day.

HunterCML
10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I read on Lean Gains, they advocate eating below maintenance on rest days, when bulking. Do most of you do this? Do you eat less carbs and more fat? Will it result in less fat gain?

I am trying to figure out what my macros should look like on rest days.

There is an insufficient amount of evidence (in my opinion) to say that calorie and macronutrient cycling is advantageous. In fact, from my own experience I can say that it significantly decreased my gym performance, mostly likely due to the low carb off days resulting in terrible energy levels for my fasted training the next day.

You should realize that weekly energy balance will ultimately determine body weight/gain differences, and that macronutrient intake should be tailored to your gym performance and not some arbitrary layout that may not work for everyone. Ultimately, the elevated performance in the gym would negate any minute or miniscule advantage that macronutrient cycling may or may not have.

sunngodd
10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I prefer calorie cycling because it makes some days feel like cheat days. It's better for because it's a diet setup I enjoy sticking to.

It basically amounts to roughly consistent fat and protein intake, and increased carbs on workout days.

ven33
10-12-2011, 11:05 AM
No real advantage. Comes down to mental aspect of lifting. Makes some people "feel" better because they tell themselves that since they aren't lifting then should eat less.

Fact is, you still grow on off days. Do what makes ya feel good.

XxDuramaxX
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM
I eat as much as I can, especially on off days I try to eat more than I normally do

Xhale12
10-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Aright, I'll just keep my cals the same.