PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Vs Genetics (for bodybuilding)

dylan007
10-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Ok guys so the question is in the title... what is more important

Genetics or Nutrition

My own little theory..

Genetics are more important but you will never reach your maximum genetic potential if your nutrition sucks

what do you guys think?

Nutrition is superior or being born with freakish genetics is superior.....

ArchangelEST
10-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Stop trying to divide the world into black and white. Ain't gonna work.

dylan007
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Stop trying to divide the world into black and white. Ain't gonna work.

in other words.. you have no direct awnser to the question?

J_dazzle23
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM

No, he is saying it depends on every situation. each situation is different. and I can't think of a way to actually measure that comparison, so it would be a tough call so say universally which one is better. I will leave that to the experts.

vabyss
10-05-2011, 08:26 AM
That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

There will always be dudes that are cut like diamonds even on the Krispy Kreme diet. There will always be guys that practically kill themselves with dedication and hard work that will never look as good as them.

The key to a happy life is recognizing your gifts and utilizing them, while not being envious of others who got dealt a better hand in one particular area. More often than not, if you knew the other problems they had, you wouldn't envy them whatsoever.

PBateman2
10-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Fuk genetics.

Acquire hard work, discipline, and an undeniable will to succeed.

sunngodd
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Focus on things you can control.

NaLLa8705
10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Fuk genetics.

This is why we love you

(no homo)

adean1989
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Fuk genetics.

^ This and OP what are you talking about? You're comparing apples and oranges, your argument makes absolutely zero difference. What's more important for height? Nutrition or genetics? Guess what nutrition because if you're severely malnourished you're not going to reach your potential height DERP.

naturalguy
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Both are factors as is training

juliacheh
10-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Focus on things you can control.

This.

HunterCML
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Fuk genetics.

Strong post from the genetic freak.

I kid. OP, although genetics does play an important role in calorie partitioning, muscular potential, adaptivity.. etc.. etc..

Genetics are silly to think or stress over. What I mean is, (as previously stated) it's out of your control. Since it's out of your control, it isn't a variable you can manipulate. Do the best with what you have. Bust ass, train hard, eat right and refuse to let "genetics" deter you.

Think about people like Helen Keller.. She was deaf, blind and mute.. Perfect excuse to give up on life and give up on trying to educate herself.

Did she give a ****? Maybe, but she understood that what was important was giving your all with what you have and not caring about anything else.

Cumulonimbus
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM

No, because it's over-simplistic.

dylan007
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
^ This and OP what are you talking about? You're comparing apples and oranges, your argument makes absolutely zero difference. What's more important for height? Nutrition or genetics? Guess what nutrition because if you're severely malnourished you're not going to reach your potential height DERP.

I am not arguing anything i was just looking for a summarised awnser bro.. in no way am i claiming to be a pro or know anything about nutrition it was just a question that was bugging me :)

Lvisaa2
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I am not arguing anything i was just looking for a summarised awnser bro.. in no way am i claiming to be a pro or know anything about nutrition it was just a question that was bugging me :)

That's the problem. You are looking for a summarized answer to a complex and unanswerable question. Like almost everything, they interact to form a result while mixed with a multitude of other factors. People use genetics as an excuse. You can't change 'em, but what you can change is your attitude, your work ethic, and your consistency. Bust it, get your diet on point, and be consistent.

dylan007
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
That's the problem. You are looking for a summarized answer to a complex and unanswerable question. Like almost everything, they interact to form a result while mixed with a multitude of other factors. People use genetics as an excuse. You can't change 'em, but what you can change is your attitude, your work ethic, and your consistency. Bust it, get your diet on point, and be consistent.

you just answered the question after saying it was unanswerable lol

Lvisaa2
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
you just answered the question after saying it was unanswerable lol

... No I didn't. You asked which was superior and that is not easily quantifiable. I simply said focus on what you can change and exerting control over certain factors that are within your ability.

HunterCML
10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
You can manipulate your diet.

You cannot manipulate your genetics.

Therefore if you mean "important" as "what should I be more concerned with?" the answer is nutrition because it's the only variable out of the two that you can control.

Thread is silly.

Lvisaa2
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
You cannot manipulate your genetics.

Celltech - Because we can't all be genetic freaks

HunterCML
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Celltech - Because we can't all be genetic freaks

lol.

Need to get me some of dat dere. Maximize dem gains, nam sayin'?

brb trip to mexico

lunchboy
10-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Dat der Celltech - Because we can't all be genetic freaks

Fixed :-p