PDA

View Full Version : Another rich athlete bites the dust...broke, cant pay child support, lives w/parents

Big_Pete1000
09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/chris-mcalister-broke-living-with-parents-cant-pay-child-support

Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career, but he now says that he’s so broke he can’t afford to take care of himself or his child.

In court documents obtained by TMZ, McAlister wrote, “I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income. . . . I live in my parent’s home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so.”

McAlister is asking the court to lower his $11,000 a month child support obligation to his ex-wife.

In 1999, McAlister was selected by the Ravens with the 10th overall pick in the draft. After playing out his rookie contract, McAlister signed a seven-year, $55 million extension in 2004. McAlister played five years on that contract before being released, then played briefly with the Saints before retiring.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/chrismcalister.jpg?w=202

IShootCMen
09-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I remember him

I do not feel bad for him at all

Brb going broke of 55 million in under 10 years

These guys need to stop knocking up random bitches

Big_Pete1000
09-15-2011, 08:03 AM
I remember him

I was reading more about it and its only one kid with his ex-wife (i think).

But going through that much money so quick is crazy. Dont they realize their careers are short???!!! Obviously not.

thegenerel
09-15-2011, 08:05 AM
man was he a stud, I remember him coming out of Arizona. he went right before Troy Edwards in the 99 draft. IIRC, it was David Boston at 8/9, McCallister at 10, Culpepper at 11, and Edwards went 13. I wanted David Boston to fall to 13 so bad. then the Steelers reached for Edwards.

Beliedat
09-15-2011, 08:09 AM
$11,000 a month.

Holy sht!

ryan36_1
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
He's probably not even close to being broke.

He has to say that sh!t to the court to get his obligation reduced.

The most outrageous part of this thread is that he is expected to continue to pay $130K a year even after he is retired.

BanWagon
09-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Child support is such a scam for rich people. The only flaw with being rich, you gotta cut off your balls first.

canuckathlete
09-15-2011, 08:33 AM
He's probably not even close to being broke.

He has to say that sh!t to the court to get his obligation reduced.

The most outrageous part of this thread is that he is expected to continue to pay $130K a year even after he is retired.

This $130K in child support burns through your cash pretty quick

Blasphemy
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
i cant believe it... doo was a beast.

Backus24
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
No doubt he smoked through most of it buying dumb sh*t, but the fact that the courts think that paying over 100,000 a year in child support after you retire is sustainable is ridiculous.

lrm546
09-15-2011, 09:17 AM
he's an alcoholic and an idiot... but damn he could play football

Babrah2
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not buying that his broke. He probably saying it to lower his child support payment. If he was broke I'm sure he can still get a nfl job as a nickel corner. His only 34

Madsen89
09-15-2011, 09:47 AM
He must have had a clown judge to award such a ridiculous amount of compensation for child support. And you wonder why women are labelled as gold diggers...

Big_Spaz
09-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Absolutely. The judge has to realize that he is not making that income NOW, and reduce his payments to match that.

And really, I'm sure the guy did blow a ton of money. But at the same time when your rolling in that dough your not always thinking long term. I mean hopefully your thinking 10 years down the road, but I mean any more than that. If your in your 20's making that kind of cash, it would probably be pretty easy to say "man where did some of that go".

-Spaz

Procta
09-15-2011, 09:58 AM
http://www.venompoker.com/images/smilies/BRUCE.gif

neilsabo
09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
WTF does he suck so much he couldn't get the veteran's minimum salary from some team with a horrible secondary?

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I remember him

Rae Carruth dat hoe

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:05 AM
moral of the story boys. Wrap it up.

Edit

Also dont invest 60% of your income into diamonds and cars.

Bkcmart
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
On what planet does it cost 130k to raise a child?

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
WTF does he suck so much he couldn't get the veteran's minimum salary from some team with a horrible secondary?

He didnt suck at all. The Ravens let him go becuase he had a major falling out with John Harbaugh & because he hadnt recovered 100% from his knee surgery.

He was with the Saints and was let go quickly because he still wasnt 100%. Obviously nothing has changed since then because teams arent looking for 34 year old CB's.

People forget that once you injure your knee structurally as a CB, your career 99% of the time is over.

Procta
09-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Planet US judicial system

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:09 AM

bro how do you expect to clothe a child in gucc i and burberry without 11K a month. Cmon bro.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
moral of the story boys. Wrap it up.

Edit

Also dont invest 60% of your income into diamonds and cars.

Really, hes paying the money to his ex-wife?

Oh wait, is it time to herp derp with generic comments about Black athletes?

Chris shouldnt be hanging in da hood wit da homies sippin on dem 40's. He gon broke cuzzz dat bling bling was too flashy

****in phaggot. Read the story or dont comment. Its that simple.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Really, hes paying the money to his ex-wife?

Oh wait, is it time to herp derp with generic comments about Black athletes?

Chris shouldnt be hanging in da hood wit da homies sippin on dem 40's. He gon broke cuzzz dat bling bling was too flashy

****in phaggot. Read the story or dont comment. Its that simple.

why are you making this a race issue you moron. lol @ u. Tell me im wrong about the cars and diamonds.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Absolutely. The judge has to realize that he is not making that income NOW, and reduce his payments to match that.

And really, I'm sure the guy did blow a ton of money. But at the same time when your rolling in that dough your not always thinking long term. I mean hopefully your thinking 10 years down the road, but I mean any more than that. If your in your 20's making that kind of cash, it would probably be pretty easy to say "man where did some of that go".

-Spaz

This.

People dont understand how easy you can get caught up in a mindset of "This money will last forever" when actually you're making 95% of the money you'll make in your entire life in a span of 3-5 years.

At the same time, these guys going "broke" is nothing comparable to what the rest of society experiences if they are "broke". "Broke athletes" still live comfortably but obviously not to the extent they once did.

The whole living with his parents for 2 years thing is pretty weird. Considering on Wikipedia it says he booted his wife from his home in 2010 for not having an abortion.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
why are you making this a race issue you moron. lol @ u. Tell me im wrong about the cars and diamonds.

Because you're the phaggot who has to respond with stereotypes.

Do you think I'm clueless as to what you're insinuating and why you're insinuating it? Try honesty

You dont know anything about how he lost his money, but once its a Black guy its immediately due to diamonds & cars, right? It could be failed business ventures, a loss on real estate, losing money via his divorce, etc. But immediately we have to assume he had millions in jewelry & 20 Bentleys on 26' rims with ***** interior. Im far from stupid, kid. You obviously know that by now. I pick up easily on the stuff you people come up with.

herp derp Dont make it a race issue.

Then stop using stereotypes you dumb phaggot.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I cant change my ways.

Why am I such a douche to douchebags/trolls? I should just chuckle at PumpAndGrow's comment like the rest of you guys, but I actually have to take the time to call him out destroying a simple comment he made.

Why can I not laugh at ignorance? We're all young, & supposed to find "ignorant" things to be funny. Wish I could dumb myself down to be on your level.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Do you think I'm clueless as to what you're insinuating and why you're insinuating it? Try honesty

You dont know anything about how he lost his money, but once its a Black guy its immediately due to diamonds & cars, right? It could be failed business ventures, a loss on real estate, losing money via a divorce, etc. But immediately we have to assume he had millions in jewelry & 20 Bentleys on 26' rims. Im far from stupid, kid. You obviously know that. I pick up easily on the stuff you people come up with.

Of course I immedietly assume this because every SINGLE FCKIN report ive read about broke athletes (REGARDLESS OF RACE) it mentions the following: Buying multiples homes, bad business deals, hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in jewelry as well has cars. Its combination of ignorance. How else would someone blow that much money. I understand you are an angry little 18 year old trying to prove your wit online. I have no beef with that. Come at me you angry phaggot.

Now you being so keen of African American culture and wanting to make this an race issue, lets make it just that. You have a white WR in the nfl and you have a black one. Who is more likely to spend 1 million on a watch?

now stfu you cheeky little kunt.

jimbogr
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Im far from stupid, kid. You obviously know that by now. I pick up easily on the stuff you people come up with.

According to batman you didn't graduate high school so...

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I cant change my ways.

Why am I such a douche to douchebags/trolls? I should just chuckle at PumpAndGrow's comment like the rest of you guys, but I actually have to take the time to call him out destroying a simple comment he made.

Why can I not laugh at ignorance? We're all young, & supposed to find "ignorant" things to be funny. Wish I could dumb myself down to be on your level.

you are so cute. I kind of want to give you a cookie.

FSUBRAH84
09-15-2011, 10:41 AM
lol @ paying upwards of 2 million dollars over the course of the child's life.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Of course I immedietly assume this because every SINGLE FCKIN report ive read about broke athletes (REGARDLESS OF RACE) it mentions the following: Buying multiples homes, bad business deals, hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in jewelry as well has cars. Its combination of ignorance. How else would someone blow that much money. I understand you are an angry little 18 year old trying to prove your wit online. I have no beef with that. Come at me you angry phaggot.

You dont know, so why exactly are you wasting your effort on posting stereotypes?

I mean honestly its the worst thing you can do is to assume things that you dont know based upon visible factors, that even then aren't quite as clear as you want to belive it to be. You even touched on "wrapping it up" when the child in question is by his ex-wife and its in the quoted article. How stupid are you?

But, as I touched on earlier your comment didnt register a quote or reference from anyone. I shouldnt take ignorance seriously and just find it funny, but then I'd dumb myself down on your level. Sorry for taking pride in people giving a fair chance to people instead of bashing them for what? Because he went "broke"? Because he is living with his parents? I mean is that really something to bash someone for when at their low point they still have accomplished more than you have or ever will.

Are you doing what you love professionally? No.
Are you doing anything better than arguing with an 18 year old at 9 in the morning? No.

But lets find the guy who doesnt have millions falling out his ass anymore as being a "failure", when in reality you couldnt give a **** about him in general. Servings of Irony: 1

Now you being so keen of African American culture and wanting to make this an race issue, lets make it just that. You have a white WR in the nfl and you have a black one. Who is more likely to spend 1 million on a watch?

Jakes on you a White WR would never make enough money to buy a $1 Million watch.

u mad?

But once again you rely on stereotypes. I find your caveman logic to be amusing in one instance because you actually are trying to pursue something very important(Future Doctors of America?) that requires intelligence but lack the self-restraint to use stereotypes. Feel sorry for your patients.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:46 AM
According to batman you didn't graduate high school so...

Batman knows me personally? Really?

According to Masstastic you look like an AIDS patient and your only friend is your cat.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:48 AM
You dont know, so why exactly are you wasting your effort on posting stereotypes?

I mean honestly its the worst thing you can do is to assume things that you dont know based upon visible factors, that even then aren't quite as clear as you want to belive it to be. You even touched on "wrapping it up" when the child in question is by his ex-wife and its in the quoted article. How stupid are you?

But, as I touched on earlier your comment didnt register a quote or reference from anyone. I shouldnt take ignorance seriously and just find it funny, but then I'd dumb myself down on your level. Sorry for taking pride in people giving a fair chance to people instead of bashing them for what? Because he went "broke"? Because he is living with his parents? I mean is that really something to bash someone for when at their low point they still have accomplished more than you have or ever will.

Are you doing anything better than arguing with an 18 year old at 9 in the morning? No.

But lets find the guy who doesnt have millions falling out his ass anymore as being a "failure", when in reality you couldnt give a **** about him in general. Servings of Irony: 1

Jakes on you a White WR would never make enough money to buy a $1 Million watch.

u mad?

But once again you rely on stereotypes. I find your caveman logic to be amusing in one instance because you actually are trying to pursue something very important(Future Doctors of America?) that requires intelligence but lack the self-restraint to use stereotypes. Feel sorry for your patients.

http://chocolatecoveredss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Chocolate-Chip-Cookie.jpg

there you go bud. Taking personal shots at me wont make me angry sorry. I have nothing to prove to you on an internet forum lawl. live laugh loveeeee

bmontgomery87
09-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I remember him

this.
no sense in wasting that kind of money. i could retire now off of 2 million.

Masstastic
you are so cute. I kind of want to give you a cookie.

GOAT response. That just blew my mind.

/THREAD.

FSUBRAH84

u mad?

Fukk you, you piece of sh.t.

Jordy Nelson? Wes Welker? Decker is looking really sharp.

Steve Largent was the second best WR all time when he retired, Collinsworth went to Hawaii a bunch of times.

Go eat at KFC and show off your phaggy earings and necklace.

Milo3
09-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Dude isn't being racist... he's just pointing out how dumb it is to blow all your money like that.

I'm sorry but he IS an idiot for sqaundering that amount of money away so quickly. A poor kid from the hood was set for life with the money he had earned yet he lets it all go up in a poof of smoke because he's greedy, selfish and doesn't know how to look after his money.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Fukk you, you piece of sh.t.

Jordy Nelson? Wes Welker? Decker is looking really sharp.

Steve Largent was the second best WR all time when he retired, Collinsworth went to Hawaii a bunch of times.

Go eat at KFC and show off your phaggy earings and necklace.

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh he got me.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
hey mass nice post delete of you hoping "i can cure my moms cancer"

go fck urself you fckin kunt

oh and here is another cookie.

http://cookingwithcasa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cookie.gif

AceHigh03
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
sports sections

where there is a cat fight in every thread smh

btw the wife is ceon I ain't even mad

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Dude isn't being racist... he's just pointing out how dumb it is to blow all your money like that.

I'm sorry but he IS an idiot for sqaundering that amount of money away so quickly. A poor kid from the hood was set for life with the money he had earned yet he lets it all go up in a poof of smoke because he's greedy, selfish and doesn't know how to look after his money.

No such thing as being "set for life" when you're retired at 31.

You're assuming hes squandered all of his money on what exactly? I've never accused anyone of being racist. However, stereotypes are prevelant when it comes to athletes when people have 0 clue about their actual situation and what led to it. People really overexaggerate material items like jewelry, cars, houses, etc. You cant blow $55 Million on either. At the same time even if that was possible, you can recoup back something for selling off those same material items to fund a more stable life financially. What do they call it? Downsizing.

But, I have 0 sympathy for someone bashing someone for not being "rich". Do you see how silly that scenario is? You guys couldnt give a **** about them as a person nor are they even relevant in your discussions, but as soon as they dont have millions falling out of their ass you despise that person. So were you naturally jealous of the wealth they acquired in the first place? The whole stance of criticizing someone for not being "rich" anymore while criticizing people who acquire their wealth and never give back is pretty backwards.

Everyone is against the "rich/wealthy" in society for their exploits, but we want to criticize someone because he had it and lost it.

Really?

"OMG I cant believe he still isnt living a flashy lifestyle with $20 Million still in the bank"

That logic is flawed.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM

You're assuming hes squandered all of his money on what exactly? I've never accused anyone of being racist. However, stereotypes are prevelant when it comes to athletes when people have 0 clue about their actual situation and what led to it.

But, I have 0 sympathy for someone bashing someone for not being "rich". Do you see how silly that scenario is? You guys couldnt give a **** about them as a person nor are they even relevant in your discussions, but as soon as they dont have millions falling out of their ass you despise that person. So were you naturally jealous of the wealth they acquired in the first place? The whole stance of criticizing someone for not being "rich" anymore while criticizing people who acquire their wealth and never give back is pretty backwards.

Everyone is against the "rich/wealthy" in society for their exploits, but we want to criticize someone because he had it and lost it.

Really?

That logic is flawed.

cor030
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
thought this thread was about dez bryant who is already asking for a contract restructure because he's broke/in debt

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:11 AM
thought this thread was about dez bryant who is already asking for a contract restructure because he's broke/in debt

stop being racist brah.

ampUP11
09-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Child support is such a scam for rich people. The only flaw with being rich, you gotta cut off your balls first.

Not defending the ex-wife here? Strong WK in training

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
hey mass nice post delete of you hoping "i can cure my moms cancer"

go fck urself you fckin kunt

oh and here is another cookie.

Actually, I deleted it because that was harsh by my own standards. Thought about it for a second.

I apologize.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Actually, I deleted it because that was harsh by my own standards. Thought about it for a second.

I apologize.

apology accepted.

http://www.chicagonow.com/fitness-at-home/files/2011/08/chocolate_cookies.jpg you earned several cookies.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM

Someone had their cookie crumbled, and now cant let it go.

Next time you post a cookie picture make sure its Chocolate with Macadamia nuts, not Chocolate Chip.

BEANDIP
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM

lol owned

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Someone had their cookie crumbled, and now cant let it go.

Next time you post a cookie picture make sure its Chocolate with Macadamia nuts, not Chocolate Chip.

you really shouldnt spoil your dinner.

http://thenibble.com/reviews/main/desserts/images/Chocolate-Macadamia.jpg

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM

stop being racist brah.

Nice attempt at sarcasm when there is documented proof that Dez is in debt for his jewelry exploits due taking out loans before even signing his rookie contract.

You got proof McAllister blew $55 Million on diamonds, cars, and hoes? Nope. So lets just naturally assume because you know the real reason behind it.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Nice attempt at sarcasm when there is documented proof that Dez is in debt for his jewelry exploits due taking out loans before even signing his rookie contract.

You got proof McAllister blew $55 Million on diamonds, cars, and hoes? Nope. So lets just naturally assume because you know the real reason behind it.

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/cookie_icon826.jpg

Masstastic
lol owned

Only 2 White WR's have ever made $1 Million, & 1 blew all of his money on cocaine.

We're going 50/50 right now.

Phaggot.

cor030
stop being racist brah.

nah brah I support a black quarterback

that pretty much makes me immune to any racism accusations.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:23 AM

http://www.dreamchildmethod.com/images/Crying.Kid.jpg

Leave me alone Masstastic, I cant generate a response because I'm so flustered dealing with you continuing to quote me.

PumpAndGrow
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Only 2 White WR's have ever made $1 Million, & 1 blew all of his money on cocaine.

We're going 50/50 right now.

Phaggot.

fuhhh gotta go back to work. someone please keep giving mass coookies.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
nah brah I support a black quarterback

that pretty much makes me immune to any racism accusations.

Love seeing sarcasm responded to sarcasm.

& LOL at you supporting Newton.

pls go

cor030
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Love seeing sarcasm responded to sarcasm.

& LOL at you supporting Newton.

pls go

Hey I am not involved in this thread. Simply stating a fact. Leave me outta this.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM

fuhhh gotta go back to work. someone please keep giving mass coookies.

http://blogs.urbanbaby.com/buzz/files/2010/07/kid-crying.jpg

Mass wont just let it go. I actually took time out of my job to post cookie pictures. FML

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey I am not involved in this thread. Simply stating a fact. Leave me outta this.

Cor030: 2 Posts

cor030
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
That was my 3rd post. Now this is my 4th.

Still haven't read page 1 or most of page 2, don't know if I want to after seeing page 2 lulz

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
lol @ paying upwards of 2 million dollars over the course of the child's life.

Because apparently it costs that much so the child can live a "good life".

Stompin_Tom
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM

You dont know anything about how he lost his money, but once its a Black guy its immediately due to diamonds & cars, right? It could be failed business ventures, a loss on real estate, losing money via his divorce, etc. But immediately we have to assume he had millions in jewelry & 20 Bentleys on 26' rims with ***** interior. Im far from stupid, kid. You obviously know that by now. I pick up easily on the stuff you people come up with.

you lose all credibility when you use billy talent lyrics as a part of your argument.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
That was my 3rd post. Now this is my 4th.

Still haven't read page 1 or most of page 2, don't know if I want to after seeing page 2 lulz

Its a typical Masstastic thread.

- Defends Black athlete
- Cries racism
- Starts posting paragraphs arguing against poster for applying stereotypes without any proof behind it
- Editing my posts for proper spellings/removing harsh insults/adding more paragraphs
- Go back and forth until I'm just responding to myself because the other poster realizes they cant win
- Subscribe to thread
- Watch for recent replies, keep thread alive quoting anyone so that people can see the argument

Im a pretty normal guy. I think we all can agree, right?

Only person on here who can go back and forth with me to the extent I go is Milo3.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
you lose all credibility when you use billy talent lyrics as a part of your argument.

Never even heard of them, but thanks to the tab right next to this I just found out they exist.

Milo3
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM

You're assuming hes squandered all of his money on what exactly? I've never accused anyone of being racist. However, stereotypes are prevelant when it comes to athletes when people have 0 clue about their actual situation and what led to it. People really overexaggerate material items like jewelry, cars, houses, etc. You cant blow $55 Million on either. At the same time even if that was possible, you can recoup back something for selling off those same material items to fund a more stable life financially. What do they call it? Downsizing.

Really?

"OMG I cant believe he still isnt living a flashy lifestyle with $20 Million still in the bank"

That logic is flawed.
I see where you're coming from but at the same time I don't know what he "invested" his money in but to lose that amount of money in such a short time he must have been spending a lot of money on a lot of stupid things. We don't know though, he might have a serious gambling addiction? Or something went wrong...

I honestly don't think sterotypes is much of an issue when it comes to wealth. It doesn't matter whether you're black, white or brown... if you have a lot of money you'll spend it on luxury cars, multiple properties, top notch restaurants, expensive jewelry, loan out money etc...

I wasn't talking about just living off that money, i'm talking about WHAT you can do with that $60 million. Think of all the buisness ventures he could exploit with his wealth and the opptunities given. I actually think it'd be hard to live off that amount of money for the rest of your life if someone said "here's $60 million for you to live off for the rest of your life but you're not allowed to invest your money into any buisness ventures or assets" because you wouldn't be able to make more money, just be trapped in spending lots of money on luxury things which will only last for so long. The thing is though, the man wasn't given any proposition like that, he had all the freedom he could of dreamt of.

Trapstar4.4
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
funny (actually ridiculous) thing is that money probably isnt even going to the kid. it's keeping his ex wife in all the finer things without having to lift her finger.

courts should mandate that a certain portion of that money go directly into a trust fund of some sort for the child's future. instead of just making the father blindly fork over cash to the crappy wife

SpiderSense
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
SMH these guys live like kings literally, like with a harem of women.

The problem is they don't have "king money".

BRB being so wealthy that real life will never catch up to me, oh wait, I'm rich not wealthy.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
SMH these guys live like kings literally, like with a harem of women.

The problem is they don't have "king money".

BRB being so wealthy that real life will never catch up to me, oh wait, I'm rich not wealthy.

Real life occurs when you're 34 and "retired".

Most people at that age are trending upwards in their career. Not sitting home trying to figure out their next stage of life.

McAlister definetly could find a job in something football related. Better than nothing like what apparently hes doing. He used to do football camps here when I was younger.

SpiderSense
09-15-2011, 11:58 AM
That actually is a very good point, on being retired at 34.

Basically the situation with athletes is that they're young and rich.

I mean think about it everybody here, I know if I were making NFL money 5 years ago I wouldn't be making smart decisions.

Where is in the normal world, if a person is even fortunate enough to see that kind of money, it's most likely when they're older and wiser/more mature.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I see where you're coming from but at the same time I don't know what he "invested" his money in but to lose that amount of money in such a short time he must have been spending a lot of money on a lot of stupid things. We don't know though, he might have a serious gambling addiction? Or something went wrong...

I honestly don't think sterotypes is much of an issue when it comes to wealth. It doesn't matter whether you're black, white or brown... if you have a lot of money you'll spend it on luxury cars, multiple properties, top notch restaurants, expensive jewelry, loan out money etc...

I wasn't talking about just living off that money, i'm talking about WHAT you can do with that $60 million. Think of all the buisness ventures he could exploit with his wealth and the opptunities given. I actually think it'd be hard to live off that amount of money for the rest of your life if someone said "here's $60 million for you to live off for the rest of your life but you're not allowed to invest your money into any buisness ventures or assets" because you wouldn't be able to make more money, just be trapped in spending lots of money on luxury things which will only last for so long. The thing is though, the man wasn't given any proposition like that, he had all the freedom he could of dreamt of.

I don't think the stereotypes particular come from race but from their prior social standings and they just happen to be black. If you give trailer park trash a bunch of money they're gonna buy lavish things and run out of money. If you give ghetto folks a bunch of money they're going to do the same things. Its just that there are more Black athletes that come from poor economic standings in the spotlight then there are white athletes. I honestly cannot recall a white athlete that came from trailer park meth head surroundings.

Also for every person who loses all their money you have athletes like nnamdi who still drive the car they had in HS to remind them where they came from. I'm sure he lives in a nice place and has a nice car in the garage but I odn't think you'll see him broke anytime soon after his career is done.

gottk2x
09-15-2011, 12:08 PM
In on another Masstastic race thread

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:08 PM
That actually is a very good point, on being retired at 34.

Basically the situation with athletes is that they're young and rich.

I mean think about it everybody here, I know if I were making NFL money 5 years ago I wouldn't be making smart decisions.

Where is in the normal world, if a person is even fortunate enough to see that kind of money, it's most likely when they're older and wiser/more mature.

5yrs ago I would have been 22 and would have been making smart decisions with the money. I make more money then the majority of my friends and I also spend less than the majority of my friends. Being smart with your money doesn't necessarily come from age it comes from being aware of its value. If you were raised in a household that was good with money or surrounded yourself with people that are good with their money then those traits should rub off on you.

Also some people allow material possesions define who they are. When you're spending money for a persona or to define yourself you'll lose it in a hurry. You can lose 55 million real quick if you make a couple bad investments. You bought a house at 10 million thats now worth 5 million and you didnt pay cash. Then you buy another home and don't pay cash and repeat the cycle for various things. You could easily lose 20 million liquid cash in two yrs on just the homes alone. Not to mention that the gov't took half his money already. Salary should never be looked at pre tax but post tax.

SpiderSense
09-15-2011, 12:15 PM
LOL, OK and long story short older people are generally wiser, which translates to money.

I get what you're saying and that's also a good point, but I'm not gonna go through every potential variable before I make a post.

Old people are generally wiser than young people, old people are generally smarter with money than young people.

Does that mean all old people are responsible and all young people are irresponsible?

Of course not, but as a rule that's generally true.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't think the stereotypes particular come from race but from their prior social standings and they just happen to be black. If you give trailer park trash a bunch of money they're gonna buy lavish things and run out of money. If you give ghetto folks a bunch of money they're going to do the same things. Its just that there are more Black athletes that come from poor economic standings in the spotlight then there are white athletes. I honestly cannot recall a white athlete that came from trailer park meth head surroundings.
Also for every person who loses all their money you have athletes like nnamdi who still drive the car they had in HS to remind them where they came from. I'm sure he lives in a nice place and has a nice car in the garage but I odn't think you'll see him broke anytime soon after his career is done.

Plenty of baseball players come from rural dumps and use baseball as their ticket out/

In terms of prominent athletes, only guys who come to mind are Birdman Anderson & Clint Dempsey.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
In on another Masstastic race thread

Swag me out bitch.
Swag me out bitch.
Swag me out bitch.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:22 PM
LOL, OK and long story short older people are generally wiser, which translates to money.

I get what you're saying and that's also a good point, but I'm not gonna go through every potential variable before I make a post.

Old people are generally wiser than young people, old people are generally smarter with money than young people.

Does that mean all old people are responsible and all young people are irresponsible?

Of course not, but as a rule that's generally true.

I'm not trying to argue with you at all. I just think the, "older people are smarter with money" statement is exagerrated. Every person I know who is 30-35 is a dumbass with their money and lives paycheck to paycheck basically. Now if you're talking 45+ then yea. But in this day and age there is a hairline gap between a 21yo idiot and a 35yo idiot. I don't know mcallister, I don't know what he has done to be in this situation but obviously something went veyr wrong. If someone gave me 1 mill cash after taxes right now I wouldn't have to work full time for the rest of my life and would live well.

SpiderSense
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you at all. I just think the, "older people are smarter with money" statement is exagerrated. Every person I know who is 30-35 is a dumbass with their money and lives paycheck to paycheck basically.

LOL, and what I'm trying to tell you is that for every old dumb ass, there's at least 2 young dumb asses.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Plenty of baseball players come from rural dumps and use baseball as their ticket out/

In terms of prominent athletes, only guys who come to mind are Birdman Anderson & Clint Dempsey.

My fault I should have mentioned prominent recent retirees of the 2000's. Those guys are still actively playing.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
LOL, and what I'm trying to tell you is that for every old dumb ass, there's at least 2 young dumb asses.

And what I am trying to tell you is that is NOT my experience. The ratio is 1:1 easily in the dc/md/va area.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
5yrs ago I would have been 22 and would have been making smart decisions with the money. I make more money then the majority of my friends and I also spend less than the majority of my friends. Being smart with your money doesn't necessarily come from age it comes from being aware of its value. If you were raised in a household that was good with money or surrounded yourself with people that are good with their money then those traits should rub off on you.

Also some people allow material possesions define who they are. When you're spending money for a persona or to define yourself you'll lose it in a hurry. You can lose 55 million real quick if you make a couple bad investments. You bought a house at 10 million thats now worth 5 million and you didnt pay cash. Then you buy another home and don't pay cash and repeat the cycle for various things. You could easily lose 20 million liquid cash in two yrs on just the homes alone. Not to mention that the gov't took half his money already. Salary should never be looked at pre tax but post tax.

Then he wouldnt be "broke" and living with his parents.

Losing $5 Million on a $10 Million home is much better than nothing at all. Melo lost $5.8 Million on his $12 Million Denver home, but still brought back in the $6.2 Million from selling it. That may seem irrelevant to a guy who is due $65 Million over the next 3 years, but in the case of a retired athlete selling that house would be a great move.

The loss he'd sustain on selling the property despite taking a loss, would be enough to help him somewhat keep up his past lifestyle. Not to the extent he had, but he'd be able to get something he can afford within his means of a post-retired athlete. If you're still outspending your means while "retired" then clearly you have some major issues.

Milo3
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Majority of soccer players come from poor backgrounds and it doesn't matter if they're black, white or brown.

Just read this story to get an idea of how disillusioned rich athletes are...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/my-porsche-forgot-i-even-owned-one-says-jermaine-pennant-2189069.html
Jermaine Pennant was contacted by his former club Real Zaragoza recently after he abandoned a Porsche at the railway station in the Spanish city five months ago – and promptly forgot that he owned it.

According to an article published in the Spanish newspaper Marca, Pennant said that he did not remember having owned the car when Real contacted him. The club then opened the car, discovering the keys on the seat within.

The car had a customised licence plate with the registration "P33NNT". The former Arsenal and Liverpool star signed for Zaragoza on a free transfer in the summer of 2009 but he struggled to make an impact with the La Liga side. During his spell in Spain he infuriated coach Jose Aurelio Gay after turning up late for training three times in the space of two weeks.

Last August, he signed for Stoke City on a four-month loan deal, which was then made permanent in December, to the delight of the player. "The atmosphere around the place is brilliant, so I am looking forward to the fact that I am here at Stoke now for the long term and back in the best league in the world."

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Then he wouldnt be "broke" and living with his parents.

Losing $5 Million on a $10 Million home is much better than nothing at all. Melo lost $5.8 Million on his $12 Million Denver home, but still brought back in the $6.2 Million from selling it. That may seem irrelevant to a guy who is due $65 Million over the next 3 years, but in the case of a retired athlete selling that house would be a great move.

The loss he'd sustain on selling the property despite taking a loss, would be enough to help him somewhat keep up his past lifestyle. Not to the extent he had, but he'd be able to get something he can afford within his means of a post-retired athlete. If you're still outspending your means while "retired" then clearly you have some major issues.

You don't get the point I'm trying to make while I see your point. You only get 5 million back if you own the house free and clear. If you buy a house for 10 mill and you owe 8 mill then sell the house for 5 mill you're in the hole 3 mill. Now repeat that step multiple times on various properties. It adds up quick. You only get money back when the amount you owe is less than the amount you sell for I'm sure you know that you seem intelligent. Not all of these athletes own their properties free and clear despite the money they make. You would think they would pay cash but most don't.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
And what I am trying to tell you is that is NOT my experience. The ratio is 1:1 easily in the dc/md/va area.

Maryland is the richest state in the United States. While the largest city, Baltimore, is among the poorest in the entire counttry. That tells you the wealth in this state.

The DMV region probably is the richest region in the country considering everything in this area.

You're more likely to come across smarter younger people with their money, than you would anywhere else.

jross2021
09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
all they have to do is hire a decent investment broker..
If I was an athlete i'd hit up 50 cent and ask him for advice.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Majority of soccer players come from poor backgrounds and it doesn't matter if they're black, white or brown.

Just read this story to get an idea of how disillusioned rich athletes are...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/my-porsche-forgot-i-even-owned-one-says-jermaine-pennant-2189069.html
Jermaine Pennant was contacted by his former club Real Zaragoza recently after he abandoned a Porsche at the railway station in the Spanish city five months ago – and promptly forgot that he owned it.

According to an article published in the Spanish newspaper Marca, Pennant said that he did not remember having owned the car when Real contacted him. The club then opened the car, discovering the keys on the seat within.

The car had a customised licence plate with the registration "P33NNT". The former Arsenal and Liverpool star signed for Zaragoza on a free transfer in the summer of 2009 but he struggled to make an impact with the La Liga side. During his spell in Spain he infuriated coach Jose Aurelio Gay after turning up late for training three times in the space of two weeks.

Last August, he signed for Stoke City on a four-month loan deal, which was then made permanent in December, to the delight of the player. "The atmosphere around the place is brilliant, so I am looking forward to the fact that I am here at Stoke now for the long term and back in the best league in the world."

Thats crazy. Brb forgetting I own a Porsche and moving.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Maryland is the richest state in the United States. While the largest city, Baltimore, is among the poorest in the entire counttry. That tells you the wealth in this state.

The DMV region probably is the richest region in the country considering everything in this area.

You're more likely to come across smarter younger people with their money, than you would anywhere else.

Prince Georges County brah checking in. Thats not my fault I was raised in a good area lol. I can only speak from my experiences. And in my experience the ratio is 1:1. See 30yo+ financial idiots daily. Friends with some of them and they buy the dumbest of shyt.

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Prince Georges County brah checking in. Thats not my fault I was raised in a good area lol. I can only speak from my experiences. And in my experience the ratio is 1:1. See 30yo+ financial idiots daily. Friends with some of them and they buy the dumbest of shyt.

Not my fault I was raised in Baltimore either. With the amount of money my parents make, I'd be considered "rich" living in the south.

My mind was blown a luxury apartment in Arkansas is valued at $1000 per month. My father was paying $1300 per month for a small 2 bedroom townhouse in Baltimore County where they take Section 8 housing vouchers.

Crazy difference in cost of living elsewhere.

barbedwyre
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Not my fault I was raised in Baltimore either. With the amount of money my parents make, I'd be considered "rich" living in the south.

My mind was blown a luxury apartment in Arkansas is valued at $1000 per month. My father was paying $1300 per month for a small 2 bedroom townhouse in Baltimore County where they take Section 8 housing vouchers.

Crazy difference in cost of living elsewhere.

Yup, decent condo in Annapolis is easily 1300 plus... in Florida you get twice the footage for 845. I feel your pain fellow md brah.

RyzinEnagy
09-15-2011, 01:36 PM
bro how do you expect to clothe your ex-wife in gucc i and burberry without 11K a month. Cmon bro.

Fixed. Let's be real. Maybe 1k a month actually goes toward that child.

KennyK
09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
he could end up with the Rams if he's that broke

Wildyouth
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
dont feel sorry for him. You make millions and its your responsibility on saving it, investing it. Not spending it on useless **** you dont need like big ass pools, mansion, collection of exotics

TheDude1987
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
People need to realize that marriage and having kids are LIFETIME commitments. If you're a millionaire and you have a kid, you're going to spend a lot of money on it giving it the lifestyle of the upper class. You can't just decide you don't want it anymore and say "lol spaghetti-ohs and wal-mart clothes for you. Good luck going to college!". That kid's lifestyle doesn't change financially just because you dump its mother.

Same for marriage, when you marry someone, you become ONE person. FOREVER. If you make a million dollars a year, it's assumed that it's a collaborative effort. If you divorce, both parties maintain their financial lifestyles.

Here's a tip, if you don't want to be financially obligated to someone else for the rest of your life, don't have kids and don't get married. Don't blame the judicial system, blame retards that marry pussy they don't really intend to spend the rest of their lives with.

tellitagainpls
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
dumbass shoulda realized his career wont last long

Masstastic
09-15-2011, 04:47 PM
People need to realize that marriage and having kids are LIFETIME commitments. If you're a millionaire and you have a kid, you're going to spend a lot of money on it giving it the lifestyle of the upper class. You can't just decide you don't want it anymore and say "lol spaghetti-ohs and wal-mart clothes for you. Good luck going to college!". That kid's lifestyle doesn't change financially just because you dump its mother.

Same for marriage, when you marry someone, you become ONE person. FOREVER. If you make a million dollars a year, it's assumed that it's a collaborative effort. If you divorce, both parties maintain their financial lifestyles.

Here's a tip, if you don't want to be financially obligated to someone else for the rest of your life, don't have kids and don't get married. Don't blame the judicial system, blame retards that marry pussy they don't really intend to spend the rest of their lives with.

This you?

NRpQNdlttDs