PDA

View Full Version : Ask an Upcoming Dietitian MEGATHREAD

NaturallyGreat
09-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Hello everybody! For all of you who have followed me in my "NO LIMITS" blog in the Contest Prep section, you know that I have recently started school at Seton Hill University majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics. Although I am only a Freshman, I have big goals for my future. I plan on becoming a Registered Dietitian, Professional Natural Bodybuilder, and become personal training certified and opening up my own personal training side bussiness to focus mainly on helping athletes.

The Goal of this "MEGATHREAD" is to give everyone on these forums a chance to get to talk with an upcoming Dietitian on any questions you may have and I will give you my input on the subject. I am very young and very inexperienced but we all have to start somewhere! I recently competed in my first natural show and am still "learning the ropes" so to speak.

Join me as I begin my journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian and Professional Natural Bodybuilder! I want to help anyone and everyone I can!

*DO NOT however take what I say as law. If I answer your question I will back it up with studies, proven research, and my own personal input and outlook on the subject matter.
*I will also be posting research papers, recent studies, and any other information relative to nutrition and/or bodybuilding in here! Check in for advice and tips!

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message and I will try to respond as quickly as possible (if it takes a while I am sorry but college life is extremely busy!)

I hope to help and get to know everyone on these forums as much as I possibly can!
Thanks
NG

PhiSig2298
09-11-2011, 07:30 AM
What's for breakfast?

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 07:31 AM
What's for lunch?

DanMee
09-11-2011, 07:33 AM
What's for dinner?

Muscletron
09-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I'll pass. I'm subbed to Alan Aragon's reviews.

hankst
09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
What's for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, teatime, dinner, supper, midnight snack?

(no hobbit)

ANIMALISTIKZ
09-11-2011, 07:49 AM
whats your opinion on saturated fat

Cumulonimbus
09-11-2011, 08:00 AM
How many meals should I eat a day?

Please respond

PhiSig2298
09-11-2011, 08:03 AM
How many meals should I eat a day?

Please respond

I'm no dietitian but, you're 18.. You shouldn't be worrying about things like this. Just eat when you're hungry, lift heavy & stay active! You'll start putting on muscle soon enough

Geoloop
09-11-2011, 08:26 AM
How many shakes a day should i take?

should i avoid carbs at night to cut?

dukend
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I Know someone who rides a cool motorcycle, avoids Mcdonalds hamburger buns, and often runs ten miles for his workout warmup. Should I take his advice on anything?

lovingit
09-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm no dietitian but, you're 18.. You shouldn't be worrying about things like this. Just eat when you're hungry, lift heavy & stay active! You'll start putting on muscle soon enoughhahahah

Spartacus777
09-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Is nailing my 140 grams of protein a day THAT important? Will I still see the same/similar gains if I only eat 120 grams?

Oh and is the poor quality of 6 Star whey protein going to hamper my ability to absorb it all, or should I op to buy Gold Standard. Every penny counts.

alan aragon
09-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Hello everybody! For all of you who have followed me in my "NO LIMITS" blog in the Contest Prep section, you know that I have recently started school at Seton Hill University majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics. Although I am only a Freshman, I have big goals for my future. I plan on becoming a Registered Dietitian, Professional Natural Bodybuilder, and become personal training certified and opening up my own personal training side bussiness to focus mainly on helping athletes.

The Goal of this "MEGATHREAD" is to give everyone on these forums a chance to get to talk with an upcoming Dietitian on any questions you may have and I will give you my input on the subject. I am very young and very inexperienced but we all have to start somewhere! I recently competed in my first natural show and am still "learning the ropes" so to speak.

Join me as I begin my journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian and Professional Natural Bodybuilder! I want to help anyone and everyone I can!

*DO NOT however take what I say as law. If I answer your question I will back it up with studies, proven research, and my own personal input and outlook on the subject matter.
*I will also be posting research papers, recent studies, and any other information relative to nutrition and/or bodybuilding in here! Check in for advice and tips!

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message and I will try to respond as quickly as possible (if it takes a while I am sorry but college life is extremely busy!)

I hope to help and get to know everyone on these forums as much as I possibly can!
Thanks
NGhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HRu5r2NTmZg/SL220YT9lbI/AAAAAAAAAH4/XpInzO9BQBM/s320/focker.jpg

lovingit
09-11-2011, 08:59 AM
You need to earn your way into Alan's circle of trust.

Siafu4Life
09-11-2011, 09:31 AM
You need to earn your way into Alan's circle of trust.

And he needs to start answering questions!! Can't make an "ask me anything thread"...and leave folks hanging!! WTF!?

PhiSig2298
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HRu5r2NTmZg/SL220YT9lbI/AAAAAAAAAH4/XpInzO9BQBM/s320/focker.jpg

Do you even yoga?

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 09:38 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HRu5r2NTmZg/SL220YT9lbI/AAAAAAAAAH4/XpInzO9BQBM/s320/focker.jpg

This was too perfect.

juliacheh
09-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Do you like daggers?
Please respond.

Joe Go
09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
What is your recommended macro percentages for the general public that wants to lose weight and why?

TomBremner
09-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm no dietitian but, you're 18.. You shouldn't be worrying about things like this. Just eat when you're hungry, lift heavy & stay active! You'll start putting on muscle soon enough if i had a dollar for everytime i saw this... lol

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 10:17 AM
What's your view on the consumption of carbs after 5:59pm EST?

My goal is to lose body fat and get toned.

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 10:48 AM

My goal is to lose body fat and get toned.

I know you definitely need to be doing light weight for 16 reps if you want to get toned. Any less and you'll get bulky.

I'm holding off to see OP's stance on the carb thing.

dukend
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I know you definitely need to be doing light weight for 16 reps if you want to get toned. Any less and you'll get bulky.

I'm holding off to see OP's stance on the carb thing.

Hi, my names OP. I create a badass megathread about how I'll answer anyone's questions then I run away for hours.

braggable
09-11-2011, 10:52 AM
What and when should I eat to look thick. Solid. Tight?

dukend
09-11-2011, 10:53 AM
What and when should I eat to look thick. Solid. Tight?

powerful.

psychodiver9
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
My currents to ratios are 90/5/5 c/p/f. Amidoinitright?

Lvisaa2
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Did this thread live up to what you expected it to be?

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I recently learned that the anabolic air vent lasts only 15 minutes post workout. How can I maximize my intake of clean fast digesting sugar without taking in any carbs as I workout after 5:59pm?

jarekd1234
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
If my muscles are eating themselves because I no drink whey 5.245 minutes after my last rep on my last set, who's eating the muscles that ate the other muscles?

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Please critique my diet:

uYHAR8Xzsyo

P.S. Should this thread be moved to the nut misc?

Cumulonimbus
09-11-2011, 11:29 AM
P.S. Should this thread be moved to the nut misc?

Nah srs thread is srs.

vitornoob
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
you can see how he is sad....

poor guy ):

someone send him the stickies, please

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Nah srs thread is srs.Are you saying the nut misc isn't serious business?

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Are you saying the nut misc isn't serious business?

Guess you haven't seen the thread about bros sitting to pee.

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Guess you haven't seen the thread about bros sitting to pee.Wasn't that thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137994083) regarding pooping?

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Wasn't that thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137994083) regarding pooping?

How did I miss that! Lulziest poster on nutrition forums.

Siafu4Life
09-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Wasn't that thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137994083) regarding pooping?

There are two separate ones. One about peeing, the other about pooping. One thread to figure out whether we go to the bathroom standing or sitting...clearly wouldn't have been enough.

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 11:51 AM
There are two separate ones. One about peeing, the other about pooping. One thread to figure out whether we go to the bathroom standing or sitting...clearly wouldn't have been enough.Was the peeing thread breaking down the respondents by gender?

trance__dreamer
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I Know someone who rides a cool motorcycle, avoids Mcdonalds hamburger buns, and often runs ten miles for his workout warmup. Should I take his advice on anything?

Hi, my names OP. I create a badass megathread about how I'll answer anyone's questions then I run away for hours.

hahahahahahahaha. fuk. you're ALWAYS on spread. :@

Do you like daggers?
Please respond.
no one likes daggers as much as me. i LOVE daggers. xD

this thread made me almost piss myself; good show, gents. :D

Cumulonimbus
09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey, hey. My thread was the OG thread regarding peeing.

Joe Go
09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Does dairy products thicken the skin while in a deficit?

FourToEight
09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Lets start with the easy ones!

Why is it bad for infants aged 6month+ to drink more than 600ml of cow's milk a day?
What roles do Apigenins, Hesperetins and Eriodictyols play on health?
Why did a bunch of dietitians argue against the mandatory fortification of bread-making flour with folic acid despite extremely strong evidence of folic acid's protective role against NTDs?
How is 7-Dehydrocholesterol formed?
How do you classify a child as obese using the percentile growth charts?
Why do chronic alcohol abusers metabolize alcohol more efficiently, and put on less weight, than regular drinkers?

racindude52
09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
In....

What school are you going to? You better step ya game up if you think you can get a dietetic internship!

Why am I asking a Q in this "MEGATHREAD" if you are non-responsive?

TheWaffleIron
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Hello everybody! For all of you who have followed me in my "NO LIMITS" blog in the Contest Prep section, you know that I have recently started school at Seton Hill University majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics. Although I am only a Freshman...

I stopped reading at the sentence in bold.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Come back when you've taken Biochem I.

danielbor
09-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Why is it bad for infants aged 6month+ to drink more than 600ml of cow's milk a day?
Why did a bunch of dietitians argue against the mandatory fortification of bread-making flour with folic acid despite extremely strong evidence of folic acid's protective role against NTDs?
Why do chronic alcohol abusers metabolize alcohol more efficiently, and put on less weight, than regular drinkers?

I want to see answers for this. Srs

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 02:27 PM
OP: I want to thank you for all the time and effort you have put forth since starting this thread to painstakingly answer everyone's questions.

I can say without hesitation that absolutely no rational soul could object to any answer that you have provided in this thread.

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Contribute! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137752253&p=744137053

snorkelman
09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
At least Cris Aceto responded to questions in his thread. :rolleyes:

FourToEight
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Contribute! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137752253&p=744137053

The reasoning behind it doesn't apply if you are taking a multi. :)

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM

So you no contribute? :[

Does the fortification process in cereal regarding folic acid = same process as multivitamins? That is, research has shown that natural forms of folic acid are fine; those found in natural foods. When it's supplemented, then it has the potential to be harmful. Is the folic acid in most cereals/grains natural or a "supplemented" form?

moneyrich
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Will my muskels fall off if i don't down a casien shake before bed?

Tommy W.
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Don't worry, OP, you'll get through your initiation.

FourToEight
09-11-2011, 02:43 PM
So you no contribute? :[

Does the fortification process in cereal regarding folic acid = same process as multivitamins? That is, research has shown that natural forms of folic acid are fine; those found in natural foods. When it's supplemented, then it has the potential to be harmful. Is the folic acid in most cereals/grains natural or a "supplemented" form?

I want to contribute but I need studies to back up what I want to say and I am currently 14 lectures behind :D, will definitely look into it after the exams.
Just FYI, I have always thought that multis were designed to prevent deficiency states, so I honestly have no clue if a multi would improve performance or anything like that; I did have a look yesterday on Medline and found a research that showed improved athletic performance but the multi used in that experiment contained ingredients you wouldn't find in a normal multi so I didn't look further into it.

In Aus, all bread making flour (except for organic breads) must be fortified with folic acid which is the synthetic form of folate not found in nature - because it is 1.7 times more bio-available than folate. The recommendation for preggers is actually a bit higher than the upper intake level; I guess they are more worried about NTDs.

Edit. They fortified bread with it purely based on the assumption that women of childbearing age may consume bread :D

mynameisuntz
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I want to contribute but I need studies to back up what I want to say and I am currently 14 lectures behind :D, will definitely look into it after the exams.
Just FYI, I have always thought that multis were designed to prevent deficiency states, so I honestly have no clue if a multi would improve performance or anything like that; I did have a look yesterday on Medline and found a research that showed improved athletic performance but the multi used in that experiment contained ingredients you wouldn't find in a normal multi so I didn't look further into it.

In Aus, all bread making flour (except for organic breads) must be fortified with folic acid which is the synthetic form of folate not found in nature - because it is 1.7 times more bio-available than folate. The recommendation for preggers is actually a bit higher than the upper intake level; I guess they are more worried about NTDs.

Edit. They fortified bread with it purely based on the assumption that women of childbearing age may consume bread :D

Based on that thread and the studies supporting it, then, that fortification of bread may be extremely harmful.

PWOGasMan
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/Op_will_surely_deliver_RE_Weird_Video_Game_Facts_P art_7-s500x375-138152.jpg

FourToEight
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Based on that thread and the studies supporting it, then, that fortification of bread may be extremely harmful.

I guess they weighed up the pros and cons and decided it was for the best, but that is still not the main argument against folic acid fortification of bread, I am sure the OP will know though, we just have to wait a bit longer :D...

Iceman1800
09-11-2011, 03:15 PM

My goal is to lose body fat and get toned.depends on weekdays or weekends? not srs of course :)

thenaturalguy
1 - how many minutes do i have after i workout to get my post workout shake until my muscles start to shrink and go catabolic?!
2 - whats the best carb source? brown rice or sweet potato?
3 - do i need to eat fat? i heard fat will make me fat....

Andrew_S
The build up for the OP to post in this thread is like a big fat juicy bratwurst sitting on the grill, swelling and ready to burst.

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The build up for the OP to post in this thread is like a big fat juicy bratwurst sitting on the grill, swelling and ready to burst.And yet we're now on page 3 and the OP has yet to return to the thread he started.

Be brave. Step up to the plate. We know you're online.

NaturallyGreat
09-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have had a very busy day and did not exspect this thread to get as many responses as it has! I am rather busy tonight but I will try and answer some of the questions within the next few days. If anyone has any advice they can give me as well, I welcome it gladly! I know posters like Wonderpug and many others are very knowledge and I am trying to learn as much as I can at the moment!

Thanks everybody!

PhiSig2298
09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have had a very busy day and did not exspect this thread to get as many responses as it has! I am rather busy tonight but I will try and answer some of the questions within the next few days. If anyone has any advice they can give me as well, I welcome it gladly! I know posters like Wonderpug and many others are very knowledge and I am trying to learn as much as I can at the moment!

Thanks everybody!

What a tease..

Andrew_S
09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
And yet we're now on page 3 and the OP has yet to return to the thread he started.

I'd like to see OP return to this thread and drop some knowledge bombs on us so compelling that it makes us all rethink everything we thought we knew about nutrition. My bet is on brogic of the highest order...more like a soggy firecracker or a box of Snaps left in the garage from several July 4th's back.

http://www.allsparkfireworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/blog-snap-pop.jpg

WonderPug
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have had a very busy day and did not exspect this thread to get as many responses as it has! I am rather busy tonight but I will try and answer some of the questions within the next few days. If anyone has any advice they can give me as well, I welcome it gladly! My suggestion: don't start threads with titles such as "Ask an Upcoming Dietitian MEGATHREAD" and then return many hours later with a reply like the one above.

psychodiver9
09-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I want to contribute but I need studies to back up what I want to say and I am currently 14 lectures behind

iTT op doesn't even go to class. Do you even lift?

FourToEight
09-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Am I am missing something? I didn't start this thread.

In case I am missing something: lettuce beef cereal, u jelly of ma physique bro???

Geoloop
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/this%20post%20sucks/grand/76393972.jpg

moneyrich
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Does OP even lift?

dukend
09-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Does OP even lift?

Yeah.

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 05:16 AM
When adding dextrose to my whey shake (which I consume within 10 minutes of finishing my workout), should the dextrose be shaken or stirred?

Christiffer
09-12-2011, 05:34 AM
I have been in this slippery slope of binging and undereating, when I think I got a hold of myself I just slip up again. I keep craving zsugarz and fat and eat them nonstop at night time. I don't wanna break my clean diet cuz I know it'll get me huge and shredded, but I keep craving junk like candy and pastries. What should I do to break this mean cycle and get my diet on track? :(

egobeater
09-12-2011, 05:37 AM
In for epic megathread response by OP once he has enough time to respond.

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 06:26 AM

ITT psycho doesn't even know who the OP is.. Do you even read? ;)

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 06:35 AM
^ How's the bacon hanging this morning?

ANIMALISTIKZ
09-12-2011, 06:38 AM
and the 2011 award for the worst OP goes to...

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 06:39 AM
^ How's the bacon hanging this morning?

Raw still.. Bacon consumption starts at 12 noon (8:38 am currently)

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 06:39 AM
^ 3 hours and 22 minutes to utopia.

and the 2011 award for the worst OP goes to...The OP is lucky that he's still green.

vitornoob
09-12-2011, 06:48 AM
OP, should i wait 30 mins after waking up eat and spike dat insulin?

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 06:56 AM
OP: How many times per night do you suggest I awake to consume a protein shake?

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Was the peeing thread breaking down the respondents by gender?

Sorry...spent most of yesterday watching football (typical for me on Saturday and Sunday). Yes sir...both were broken-down by gender.

Poll: Males: Do you urinate seated or standing? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137986873

Poll: Males: Do you poop seated or standing? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137994083

And I agree...this thread has under-delivered...in a BIG way!

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:13 AM
The OP is lucky that he's still green.

I'm negging OP if this thread goes 4 pages before he responds

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm negging OP if this thread goes 4 pages before he respondsIs that contingent on the OP's actions prior to the thread hitting 4 pages or is it going to happen regardless, assuming the thread hits 4 pages?

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Is that contingent on the OP's actions prior to the thread hitting 4 pages or is it going to happen regardless, assuming the thread hits 4 pages?

Gut feeling tells me it's happening regardless

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Gut feeling tells me it's happening regardlessSo you're basically pre-announcing that you're going to neg the OP. Is that correct?

ko300zx
09-12-2011, 07:22 AM
OP, if 1 person can paint a room in 3 hours and another person can paint the same room in 2 hours, how long will it take them to paint the room together?

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:23 AM
OP, if 1 person can paint a room in 3 hours and another person can paint the same room in 2 hours, how long will it take them to paint the room together?

What kind of paint is being used? Rollers or brushes? They taping first?

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:24 AM
^ We should also know the sq. footage of the room and the ceiling height.

ven33
09-12-2011, 07:25 AM
If I eat bacon will I get fat?

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:26 AM
If I eat bacon will I get fat?

Obvious answer is obvious. We're trying to keep this a "serious" thread!!

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Page 4.

"MEGATHREAD" thread is minor mega already.

ko300zx
09-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Page 4.

Megathread is mega.

There we go.

Ninja edited on me!

ko300zx
09-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Most definitely Sherwin-Williams. Each person will be equipped with a Wagner power painter. There will be no taping involved. They both have excellent aim and control.

18 sq feet and 5 foot ceiling height.

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:36 AM
So you're basically pre-announcing that you're going to neg the OP. Is that correct?

After writing that, I decided I wouldn't neg him if he responded considering he's online right now... He got negged

OP, there's a lot of lost souls on here waiting for answers & you didn't deliver. Hope they found the answers they were seeking

ko300zx
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM

After writing that, I decided I wouldn't neg him if he responded considering he's online right now... He got negged

OP, there's a lot of lost souls on here waiting for answers & you didn't deliver. Hope they found the answers they were seeking

Whoa whoa! He's got 4 pages of questions to answer. I'm sure he's working diligently.

Cumulonimbus
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Please respond

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Obviously, it's critical to consume a fast digesting carb between reps. My question is does it matter if I use a bendy straw or do I have to use on of the straight straw?

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Whoa whoa! He's got 4 pages of questions to answer. I'm sure he's working diligently.

I'll rep him if he answers any 1 question before the 5th page :)

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Most definitely Sherwin-Williams. Each person will be equipped with a Wagner power painter. There will be no taping involved. They both have excellent aim and control.

18 sq feet and 5 foot ceiling height.

It will take them 1 hour, and 18 minutes. That doesn't include bathroom, or beverage/food-breaks.

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:42 AM
I'll rep him if he answers any 1 question before the 5th page :)You softy ;)

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Obviously, it's critical to consume a fast digesting carb between reps. My question is does it matter if I use a bendy straw or do I have to use on of the straight straw?

ZliF3UvGavU

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:45 AM

Ideal straw for straw-usage:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z374/Siafu4Life/crazy-straws.jpg

*Edit* - PhiSig got the drop on me...

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
*Edit* - PhiSig got the drop on me...You have to be darn fast to beat PhiSig.

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Ideal straw for straw-usage:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z374/Siafu4Life/crazy-straws.jpg

*Edit* - PhiSig got the drop on me...

It was the beard :)

Congrats on the amazing Michigan victory

AdamWW
09-12-2011, 07:49 AM
I want the OP to effectively axiomize the entire field of nutrition.

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I want the OP to effectively axiomize the entire field of nutrition.I'd setting for the OP stopping by to say hi.

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I want the OP to effectively axiomize the entire field of nutrition.

You can "want" in one hand...

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 07:52 AM
You have to be darn fast to beat PhiSig.

I'm learning this...the hard way. :)

Congrats on the amazing Michigan victory

Haha...damn, gonna grow mine out!! And OMG, that Michigan game was SWEET! Thanks!!

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 07:53 AM
PhiSig: Are you going fully clean shaven or gotee once you break south of 200 pounds?

hankst
09-12-2011, 07:56 AM
When adding dextrose to my whey shake (which I consume within 10 minutes of finishing my workout), should the dextrose be shaken or stirred?

Stirred, of course - or does Sean Connery look jacked to you?
Stupid question, old man.

ko300zx
09-12-2011, 07:57 AM
It will take them 1 hour, and 18 minutes. That doesn't include bathroom, or beverage/food-breaks.

Close!

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
PhiSig: Are you going fully clean shaven or gotee once you break south of 200 pounds?

Clean.. Thought about taking a vid & posting it but not sure about that

vitornoob
09-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I think that after he answers the questions, this should be a sticky....

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Clean.. Thought about taking a vid & posting it but not sure about thatThat video demands to be taken and posted in the nut misc.

PhiSig2298
09-12-2011, 08:11 AM
That video demands to be taken and posted in the nut misc.

At this pace, little PhiSig will have a beard too

ANIMALISTIKZ
09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
welcome to the red buddy

Cumulonimbus
09-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Please respond

NaturallyGreat
09-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Well this thread has not turned out the way I would have liked it to. The purpose was to have actual questions asked because as i said before, I am just looking to help people. I am not trying to come in and throw my opinions in anyone's face and do not believe what I say is the only way to look at it. I am very open-minded and willing to learn. I will not be returning to this thread as it is more of a SPAM thread than what I intended it for. If anyone has any serious questions please feel free to pm me with them! I will gladly give you my take on the subject! as for ANIMALISTIKZ.....
whats your opinion on saturated fat

Saturated fatty acids or "SFAs" are called saturated because of all the available carbon bonds are bound with a hydrogen atom, so there is no opening for it to "spoil." They are essiential to many bodily functions (half our cell membrane structure is composed of saturated fats.) I believe they got their bad name because most people think if you eat fat, then your going to add more fat onto your frame. Of course, you know that fat is essiental and I suggest you take a look at this article published by J Shepherd, C J Packard, S M Grundy, D Yeshurun, A M Gotto Jr and O D Taunton. Its the "effects of saturated and polyunsaturated fat diets on the chemical composition and metabolism of low density lipoproteins in man." ----------http://www.jlr.org/content/21/1/91.short

enjoy the read and if you have other questions as i said, feel free to message me!

Have a great day everybody! :)

Cumulonimbus
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Please respond

Sem0Adms
09-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I just ate 14 Big Macs am I going to put on bodyfat?

Siafu4Life
09-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I just ate 14 Big Macs am I going to put on bodyfat?

As long as you washed them down with a Diet Coke..you'll be alright.

Iceman1800
09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I just ate 14 Big Macs am I going to put on bodyfat?just make sure there is plenty of tp in the bathroom.....

WonderPug
09-12-2011, 09:43 AM
The purpose was to have actual questions asked because as i said before, I am just looking to help people.
This strikes me as extremely arrogant.

Why in the world would you start a special thread for people to ask questions? Didn't you notice that this is a forum where people ask questions by starting threads and then anyone who wants to responds to those questions does so?

I will not be returning to this thread as it is more of a SPAM thread than what I intended it for. Quitter.

Buffalonian
09-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Strong megathread is strong.

Impossible4
09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
This strikes me as extremely arrogant.

Why in the world would you start a special thread for people to ask questions? Didn't you notice that this is a forum where people ask questions by starting threads and then anyone who wants to responds to those questions does so?

Quitter.

I'm not a quitter I'm a go getter

Dujin77
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Op, I have some thoughts that may help you out.

I think all you have really managed to do here is establish a poor reputation for yourself among this community. It is great that you want to help people, but creating a thread and then basically bailing on it is not really the way to do it. Look for threads started by people looking for answers to their questions and help them the best you can. I suggest this because you clearly cannot keep up with the pace of this forum or at least at the rate at which you are getting questions. Granted some of them may look like a joke, but every questions deserves an answer, serious or not.

You might want to consider starting over or trying really hard to redeem yourself now if you want to be taken seriously when genuinely trying to help someone.

sawoobley
09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
You should just start answering the good questions and ignore the rest. If anything it could be a good learning experience and push you to learn more. If you have good things to say and the evidence to back it up then people will pay attention.

psychodiver9
09-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Congrats on the amazing Florida state victory

fixed