PDA

View Full Version : Both times I've gotten down to 190, I've wanted to go full see food diet

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Got down to 190 before, couldn't drop anymore. Not to mention being forever hungry and feeling like I wanted to eat all the time. So I took a diet break for about four months (little mini bulk) and ended up at about 204lbs. Been cutting again, now that I'm back down to 190, I'm back in to being hungry all the time. Want to eat everything in site. My daily 3500 calories don't feel like they even put a dent in my hunger. I'm not overly lean or anything, I would say 17% bf. Any theories? Psychological? Hormonal (thyroid and sex hormones tested fine two weeks ago)? Weird sciencey stuff I don't know about?

x2lvlarcher
09-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Very nice what about your nutrients? Micros play a role in satisfying hunger.

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Very nice what about your nutrients? Micros play a role in satisfying hunger.

Blow RDA out of the water on everything except Vit E. Supplement that. Tons of greens, oranges, purples, reds, etc in my diet. I'd say 2lbs fruits/veg a day.

x2lvlarcher
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Good so it's not the nutrients... How about sodium intake?
Also how much water do you typically drink? If you drink too much water you actually end up pissing out nutrients.
Don't start drinking an extra gallon of water a day - that can kill you, especially if you are fasting or eating very little. Water taken in must be in balance with body salt - electrolytes. The body needs to maintain salt balance or risk hyponatremia with heart attack and even death. Drinking too much water dilutes the salt in your blood and tissues - and can kill you. Healthy athletes have died from drinking too much plain water and not replacing salt. Dieters should not plunge into drinking gallons of water a day in hopes of burning a few more calories. Drink an extra few glasses, yes. But a gallon is too much.

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Good so it's not the nutrients... How about sodium intake?
Also how much water do you typically drink? If you drink too much water you actually end up pissing out nutrients.
Don't start drinking an extra gallon of water a day - that can kill you, especially if you are fasting or eating very little. Water taken in must be in balance with body salt - electrolytes. The body needs to maintain salt balance or risk hyponatremia with heart attack and even death. Drinking too much water dilutes the salt in your blood and tissues - and can kill you. Healthy athletes have died from drinking too much plain water and not replacing salt. Dieters should not plunge into drinking gallons of water a day in hopes of burning a few more calories. Drink an extra few glasses, yes. But a gallon is too much.

I take in about 5-6g of sodium daily. Probably drink about half gallon of water a day.

ZMan45
09-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Always going to be hunger at some point on a diet. You can either let it win and stay fat, or stay the course and earn the results.

x2lvlarcher
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
I take in about 5-6g of sodium daily. Probably drink about half gallon of water a day.

You also probably sweat and piss out 4g of that sodium daily.. if you have an outside job/sweat a lot.
Drink a bit less water try 4 glasses instead of 8 for a week and see how hungry you are at the end of the week.

If nothing else invest in pickles and chewing gum.

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 06:15 PM
You also probably sweat and piss out 4g of that sodium daily.. if you have an outside job/sweat a lot.
Drink a bit less water try 4 glasses instead of 8 for a week and see how hungry you are at the end of the week.

If nothing else invest in pickles and chewing gum.

I'll give that a shot, it's worth a try. thanks man.

PWOGasMan
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Spread out your meals

kkaustin812
09-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Im about 15% bf and eating above maintenance and absolutely stay hungry. I think it's cause my set point is like 30% bodyfat or something. srs.

Spread out your meals

I find the opposite helps.

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Spread out your meals

due to scheduling I eat breakfast, dinner, and later in the evening. I may have a snack at work. I'm not usually hungry during the early part of the day, it's the night that gets me. I am getting more used to going to be hungry after eating 2500 calories in the four hours prior to bed.

ZMan45
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
due to scheduling I eat breakfast, dinner, and later in the evening. I may have a snack at work. I'm not usually hungry during the early part of the day, it's the night that gets me. I am getting more used to going to be hungry after eating 2500 calories in the four hours prior to bed.Intermittent fasting. Eat 600-700 calorie protein/carb meal before training, then eat the rest after training. Simple as that.

TomBremner
09-07-2011, 07:15 PM
try any of the following
eat more veggies
IF
higher portion of protein
avoid sugary foods ( due to affects on hunger not body comp)
caffeine can decrease hunger.
get laid more, eating and sex both release dopamin. lack of one can cause you to make it up in the other.

hockeytownfan
09-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Intermittent fasting. Eat 600-700 calorie protein/carb meal before training, then eat the rest after training. Simple as that.

Gave it a solid shot for about a month. I turn in to a mr grumpy pants without breakfast. So I started doing a breakfast, then eating later in the day.

Cumulonimbus
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
NPY, it's a bitch dawg

ZMan45
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Gave it a solid shot for about a month. I turn in to a mr grumpy pants without breakfast. So I started doing a breakfast, then eating later in the day.Perhaps a good dose of caffeine in the morning? My evening meal is usually so large and protein/fiber packed that I feel the fullness well into the next day.

hockeytownfan
09-08-2011, 05:29 PM
NPY, it's a bitch dawg

Interesting, just looked it up. Looks like I just need to strictly track to make sure food intake doesn't increase and deal with the hunger?