PDA

View Full Version : Bulking while carb cycling?

package6
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Ok so i read a few articles on carb cycling and from what ive read carb cycling is a diet to burn fat while gaining muscle by having low/med/high amounts of carbs on certain days. This being said, ive also heard from a few people that it is used to bulk aswell, but how would this work? like what would be the point and how would a bulk cycle look like?

mon (low)
tues (low)
wed (med)
thur (med)
fri (med)
sat (high)
sun (high)

???

WonderPug
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I urge you to read this sticky (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=436716771) to learn how to compose an effective diet for your particular situation and goals.

Start focusing on what matters and not on gimmicks or tweaks that are largely irrelevant to your immediate situation.

staunchkg
09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Unnecessary dietary micromanagement. Body composition is determined by long term macronutrient intake.

Simmo0508
09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
When it comes to the lows/mediums/highs for your carb intakes, you have to sort of dictate yourself what goes where and for how long. In other words, you have to learn your own body and create things for yourself instead of following something else that somebody else does for instance.

An important part of carb cycling is knowing how low to go, how high to go, and how to set up your days in accordance to your heavy weights sessions. You never want to be too low on carbs leading into a legs workout for example. So an understanding of nutrient metabolism and the digestive system in regards to certain macronutrients is helpful.

Me, when i do carb cycling ill do 100g carbs for my low day, 200g carbs for my moderate day, and 300-350g carbs for my higher day. How i rotate that however depends on how my body looks and more importantly how my strength is affected in the gym.