PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cycling?!?!?

Linebacker1025
09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey Bros....ive got a question on how to effectively use carb cycling...I weigh 195lbs and say 11% bf, im lower than that but not too sure how much lower so im going stay on the safe side and assume its 11%... and am looking for calculations how many carbs/pro/fat i should be taking in on high carb days/low carbs days/no carb days...this is going to be the 1st time i try this new way of eating just to see if it works for me...

The formula ive been using is 195lb x 9 = 1755 cals per day... (195LBS x 0.11%BF = 21.45) ... (195 - 21.45 = 173.55 LBM) 173.55 x 1.5 = 260 grams of protein per day bare min....

this is where i stand for i do not know how many carbs i should in take on the low/high days... i usually would use 1 gram of carb per lb of LBM...not sure if this is correct...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

MAX.MAREK
09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
ppl respond different to certain carb amounts. just test n tune what amount works best for you.

now, as for carb cycling....have a high day, mild day, then a low day.

high day - lower fat intake, higher carb intake. usually have this on a big compound training day...like legs and/or back.
mild day - good balance of fats/carbs. have this on other training days (chest/arms/shoulders/traps/ etc)
low day - lower carbs, high fat intake. the carbs you took away, replace those calories with an equal amount of fat calories. have these days on OFF days or cardio only days.

Linebacker1025
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Awesome response thanks for the input...i keep protein at 260g everyday? or do i lower them when i go higher carbs?... amount of cals i should be taking in is 195 x 9??? and if you can percentage wise on fat/carb/pro on each day cause then i can count grams effectively

MAX.MAREK
09-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Awesome response thanks for the input...i keep protein at 260g everyday? or do i lower them when i go higher carbs?... amount of cals i should be taking in is 195 x 9??? and if you can percentage wise on fat/carb/pro on each day cause then i can count grams effectively

your protein seems fine. no need to mess with that. hell, im intaking 500+ per day LOL 6000cals is alot of food HAHA. i dont go by percentages. i go by how my baby is looking, reacting, and performing. i carb cycle, and its been one of the biggest keys in me keeping lean, and still gaining, in my offseason.

btw, GREAT THICK back you got in your avi bro. good work!

Linebacker1025
09-06-2011, 11:31 AM
your protein seems fine. no need to mess with that. hell, im intaking 500+ per day LOL 6000cals is alot of food HAHA. i dont go by percentages. i go by how my baby is looking, reacting, and performing. i carb cycle, and its been one of the biggest keys in me keeping lean, and still gaining, in my offseason.

btw, GREAT THICK back you got in your avi bro. good work!

500+?!?!?!?!? thats sick hahahah...but you know what your doin and it works for you...im tryin to get to the next level...ive been plateauing for a while now, i change up workouts often and diets but i feel this carb cycle will help in pushing me over that hill...im looking for that freakish look and havent got there yet...not sure how to get there but im going to try diff routines and diets until i achieve that goal... if you got any more advice, spread the wealth...if you dont want your advice out there PM me...but thanks for all the input

MAX.MAREK
09-06-2011, 11:49 AM
500+?!?!?!?!? thats sick hahahah...but you know what your doin and it works for you...im tryin to get to the next level...ive been plateauing for a while now, i change up workouts often and diets but i feel this carb cycle will help in pushing me over that hill...im looking for that freakish look and havent got there yet...not sure how to get there but im going to try diff routines and diets until i achieve that goal... if you got any more advice, spread the wealth...if you dont want your advice out there PM me...but thanks for all the input

eat buddy! hahaha eat and train your a$$ off. be patient, and consistent. those are two of biggest game changers out there. most cant do one or the other, and wonder why they arent getting the results they want. one day, one meal, one training session at a time!