PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Workout and Breakfast?

Outsourced
09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
So far my search results only brought up this thread. "Breakfast/Pre workout meal" (can't post link becaues I dont have enough posts).

I basically had the same question except my situation is slightly different. I just started working out mornings and realized that I get extremely hungry during my lift which distracts me and results in me having a bad lift. I simply can't do afternoons because the college gym here gets packed after classes.

SO my breakfast today was simply @ 7:15am
-Pear
-Pre-workout Shake

Walk to the gym @ 8:00am

Get to gym @ 8:15am

Clearly not enough food, and I have a hour to digest everything. I want to make sure that I don't each too much where I puke, and my appetite doesn't kick in right when I wake up.

According to the last thread I should be eating a lot more. My limitations is that I just started to cook, so my options are somewhat limited.

Is
-2 eggs
-1 slice of toast
enough for the morning?

Discuss please.

WonderPug
09-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Discuss please.Please discuss what? It's simply a matter of personal preference. Eat what you like or nothing at all for breakfast/Pre-Workout.

Siafu4Life
09-06-2011, 06:28 AM

How do these two times differ?

PhiSig2298
09-06-2011, 06:30 AM
So far my search results only brought up this thread. "Breakfast/Pre workout meal" (can't post link becaues I dont have enough posts).

I basically had the same question except my situation is slightly different. I just started working out mornings and realized that I get extremely hungry during my lift which distracts me and results in me having a bad lift. I simply can't do afternoons because the college gym here gets packed after classes.

SO my breakfast today was simply @ 7:15am
-Pear
-Pre-workout Shake

Clearly not enough food, and I have a hour to digest everything. I want to make sure that I don't each too much where I puke, and my appetite doesn't kick in right when I wake up.

According to the last thread I should be eating a lot more. My limitations is that I just started to cook, so my options are somewhat limited.

Is
-2 eggs
-1 slice of toast
enough for the morning?

Discuss please.

There's only 1 way to find out if this enough food..

That being said, based on your post, No one knows your stats, maintenance calories, current calorie & macro intake so it's hard to be helpful. Do you know that info? If so, post it & more people will help but understand that the majority will tell you "hit your calorie & macro needs for the day by eating however many meals you want for the day"

dannyrice
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
How do these two times differ?

Well generally teleportation is not a method of transportation most people have accomplished.

SkylarO
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
It's basically just a personal preference really. Does being hungry really through your lifting off that much? It's never seemed to affect my lifting.

Try to get some oatmeal and eat that every morning.

vitornoob
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
if you are hungry and this is not good for you = eat

fasted workout is not bad , please read: http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/fasted-training-boosts-muscle-growth.html

if i am hungry = energy in the sky....

just personal preference, make what you feel good!