PDA

View Full Version : carb timing question

spectacular102
09-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I'll be working out latenights (10 pm) for a couple of months and am currently cutting....so can I get my entire daily carb-intake pre-workout and have a whole meal(chicken and veggies) following my protien shake post workout....Would this have any adverse effects on my gains?

WonderPug
09-04-2011, 09:55 AM
It doesn't matter in terms of bodyweight and composition.

You don't need per-workout carbs and you don't need a post-workout shake.

vitornoob
09-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Read: Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

SoulZeppelin
09-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Meal timing isn't so important to body composition. Eat your carbs whenever you like. Why do you need a post workout shake? Personally, I like a post workout meal :D

tjwoody
09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
It doesn't matter in terms of bodyweight and composition.

You don't need per-workout carbs and you don't need a post-workout shake.

what he said.

however u may feel to function better moving macros around so find what works for u.

pers. i need some carbs pre and i enjoy majority of them post cause i go to bed ~3 hours after i eat and they help me be full and sleep! :)

i sometimes do a post shake if i know im not gonna be able to eat a bit or i know i need some help hitting protein macro.

freak111
09-04-2011, 07:56 PM
x2
!!!

Meal timing isn't so important to body composition. Eat your carbs whenever you like. Why do you need a post workout shake? Personally, I like a post workout meal :D