PDA

View Full Version : Protein Powders on Flight (USA->Japan) or purchasing protein in Japan?

DoitsuJin
08-30-2011, 08:21 PM
As thread states - feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

EDIT: Going to be gone for two weeks, I'm hoping to bring enough for 1 serving (~25g protein) a day. It goes without saying that it's difficult to keep your protein up on the road.

AJP1
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Zip locks bags would work. How long u going for?

DoitsuJin
08-30-2011, 09:08 PM

Approximately two weeks.

Coryh11
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
it depends on where you go in Japan, I spent two years in Okinawa when I was in the Military.. They do have a GNC there, most bases also have GNC's..... Keep in mind anything off base is going to be more expensive in most cases because of exchange rate and other factors.

DoitsuJin
08-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll be heading to Tokyo.

I guess I'll be zip locking 14 bags and labelling them protein. :p Thanks guys!

AJP1
08-31-2011, 03:27 AM
I'll be heading to Tokyo.

I guess I'll be zip locking 14 bags and labelling them protein. :p Thanks guys!

U could use a few big bags measure it by the scoop and use the scoop as the serving out of the big bag that way u dont have 14 bags.

mer-der-ah
08-31-2011, 05:57 AM
i'd say forget the powder if it's just one scoop a day, and just enjoy all the kobe-gyu you can eat.

Diesel0022
08-31-2011, 05:59 AM

Usually doesnt work out well, to them its a suspicious, white, unlabeled powder. Bring it in a small empty supp container.

jcmoney99
08-31-2011, 06:06 AM
i'd say forget the powder if it's just one scoop a day, and just enjoy all the kobe-gyu you can eat.

^^^ This. The 3 1/2 years I lived in Japan I was able to get most of my protein in through whole foods. Sushi, fresh fish, beef etc. I really didn't have to supplement with powder that much. Enjoy your vacation and hit it hard when you get back. But if you want to take it, ziplock baggies should be fine.

DoitsuJin
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
You guys are right. As much as I love my protein powder I do only go to japan every other year. Might as well enjoy my time and forget about macros, lol. If I get desperate I'll head straight to the closest yakitori shop.

Thanks for the input guys!

AJP1
09-01-2011, 12:06 AM
You guys are right. As much as I love my protein powder I do only go to japan every other year. Might as well enjoy my time and forget about macros, lol. If I get desperate I'll head straight to the closest yakitori shop.

Thanks for the input guys!

Good choice either way. Have fun.