PDA

View Full Version : So god created the world to show his love

Stizzel
08-26-2011, 11:48 PM
I've seen this said numerous times, that the reason this planet was created was to show god's love. However, god didn't just make the earth, he made the whole universe, right?

I read somewhere that if the universe were represented by the pacific ocean, our planet would be a grain of sand. So if we use the argument that creating life = showing love, god's got an ocean of hate and a grain of sand's worth of love.

Am i rite?

dakensta
08-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I read somewhere that if the universe were represented by the pacific ocean, our planet would be a grain of sand.
Nah, more like if the Pacifc was the universe our galaxy would be a grain of sand, and earth would be a tiny theoretical particle orbiting one of the electrons of an atom of silicon within a grain of sand.
All the other bazillion planets in the universe are where god did it wrong.
I mean where god was practising.
God can do no wrong of course.
As for all the billions of stars and planets that are still being created every day, they're just for our entertainment, even though we won't be able to see them for a few billion years.

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Nah, more like if the Pacifc was the universe our galaxy would be a grain of sand, and earth would be a tiny theoretical particle orbiting one of the electrons of an atom of silicon within a grain of sand.
All the other bazillion planets in the universe are where god did it wrong.
I mean where god was practising.
God can do no wrong of course.
As for all the billions of stars and planets that are still being created every day, they're just for our entertainment, even though we won't be able to see them for a few billion years.

So...

If every painting has a painter, this was obviously designed.

So if we use another analogy, a painting, what god has painted conceptually is something like a mural of holocaust victims being eaten alive by zombies.

And in the corner is a picture of a rainbow that you can almost see with a high powered microscope.

I don't think I want to delve any further into god's psyche :(

Posthardcore
08-27-2011, 12:10 AM
If every painting has a painter, this was obviously designed.

This is flawed, when people refer to a design/creation, they mean a rearrangement of matter, not popping things into existence.

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 12:13 AM
This is flawed, when people refer to a design/creation, they mean a rearrangement of matter, not popping things into existence.

Right.

God arranged matter in such a way that the vast majority of it is so hostile towards life that it's completely sterile.

God's love represents roughtly .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of creation.

Posthardcore
08-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Right.

God arranged matter in such a way that the vast majority of it is so hostile towards life that it's completely sterile.

God's love represents roughtly .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of creation.

Yeah, not to play the devil's advocate or anything but, 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Love from an inherently infinite omniall entity, we could argue that it's a considerable amount of love lol!

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, not to play the devil's advocate or anything but, 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Love from an inherently infinite omniall entity, we could argue that it's a considerable amount of love lol!

Well if creating life = love obviously the universe tells us god's love is not infinite. Either that or his hatred is exponentially more infinite.

Posthardcore
08-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Well if creating life = love obviously the universe tells us god's love is not infinite. Either that or his hatred is exponentially more infinite.

Me, I have trouble conceiving that an infinitely great entity has a "purpose" or "wants" something. It's just so abstract.

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Me, I have trouble conceiving that an infinitely great entity has a "purpose" or "wants" something. It's just so abstract.

Well, sure, but this isn't so much about the nature of god as the silliness of the argument.

WMcEnaney
08-27-2011, 01:20 AM
I've seen this said numerous times, that the reason this planet was created was to show god's love. However, god didn't just make the earth, he made the whole universe, right?

I read somewhere that if the universe were represented by the pacific ocean, our planet would be a grain of sand. So if we use the argument that creating life = showing love, god's got an ocean of hate and a grain of sand's worth of love.

Am i rite?
Maybe God loves the universe and each genuinely lovable object in it. Then he might love our planetary grain of sand and the ocean, too.

Godfrd824
08-27-2011, 06:19 AM

And that's what basically happened during the big bang.

Godfrd824
08-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Maybe God loves the universe and each genuinely lovable object in it. Then he might love our planetary grain of sand and the ocean, too.Yes, but not enough to not subject people to cooking and things of that nature.

AnIrIsHbOy
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM
God created himself and created the universe and earth and wrote in his book things that are actually not meant to be taken seriously. Regardless they caused centuries of struggle and wars and oppression that a supposedly omniscient god could not foresee. Also there are loads of other religious people in the world who were placed in the world by God fully knowing they would worship Islam or Hinduism rather then Christianity but regardless they are damned to hell. And he did it all because he loves us.

WhiteBo
08-27-2011, 08:14 AM
God created himself and created the universe and earth and wrote in his book things that are actually not meant to be taken seriously. Regardless they caused centuries of struggle and wars and oppression that a supposedly omniscient god could not foresee. Also there are loads of other religious people in the world who were placed in the world by God fully knowing they would worship Islam or Hinduism rather then Christianity but regardless they are damned to hell. And he did it all because he loves us.

Yes, you got it all right, even the part of his love. Except for the fact that you can't really understand or necessarily comprehend God or his motives, because he is an omniscience being, which you are not. So trying to infer into his reasoning just can't be possible.

So basically, the explanation you gave above is our understand of the situation, but this understanding doesn't represents God's motives..

Tiffany Wantsmore
08-27-2011, 08:19 AM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/Aphroditewrestler/SaltWater.jpg

AnIrIsHbOy
08-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes, you got it all right, even the part of his love. Except for the fact that you can't really understand or necessarily comprehend God or his motives, because he is an omniscience being, which you are not. So trying to infer into his reasoning just can't be possible.

So basically, the explanation you gave above is our understand of the situation, but this understanding doesn't represents God's motives..Yeah that or the idea of a personal judeo christian god is phucking retarded. your choice.

Godfrd824
08-27-2011, 08:44 AM

So basically, the explanation you gave above is our understand of the situation, but this understanding doesn't represents God's motives..He might not be omniscient, but I am, and I say the Christian God is a dumb ass.

NiceBoat
08-27-2011, 09:39 AM
To play devils advocate(rather ironic because I am advocating a theistic point as the advocate of the devil but I digress), the term world doesn't necessarily have to mean just the physical earth. A person's world view might encompass a sense of beliefs on how man interacts with nature as a whole, or how we progress towards space.

Furthermore, when christians say the world, generally they mean the physical world of desires and all. IE worldly being things of the world that can tempt them.

I think if you want to make a point of god not being benevolent, there are better ways to do it than this argument. Most christians I know would say that all of reality was created to show god's love. Not just the physical planet, and that when they say he created the world, the world is reality. Though a theist would need to chime in to confirm this.

semitope
08-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Am i rite?

a planet with no universe would be... interesting. A tiny universe would also be interesting...

Maybe God made the universe to bring our consciousness into existence. Maybe he did it out of love. Point is, he did.

Posthardcore
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
a planet with no universe would be... interesting. A tiny universe would also be interesting...

Maybe God made the universe to bring our consciousness into existence. Maybe he did it out of love. Point is, he did.

Maybe He does not exist or Maybe He does not give a phuck, Maybe He's not conscious, Maybe it's maybelline.

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Maybe God loves the universe and each genuinely lovable object in it. Then he might love our planetary grain of sand and the ocean, too.

This would explain why god doesn't give a **** about killing us. Creating masses of **** that is impossible to even create life = love. Apparently life =/= love.

So why are we proof of god's love? Apparently I am worth as much as sand and rocks and radiation.

Thanks god!

I wonder if pebbles that don't accept christ go to hell?

lexinak
08-27-2011, 05:47 PM
To play devils advocate(rather ironic because I am advocating a theistic point as the advocate of the devil but I digress), the term world doesn't necessarily have to mean just the physical earth. A person's world view might encompass a sense of beliefs on how man interacts with nature as a whole, or how we progress towards space.

Furthermore, when christians say the world, generally they mean the physical world of desires and all. IE worldly being things of the world that can tempt them.

I think if you want to make a point of god not being benevolent, there are better ways to do it than this argument. Most christians I know would say that all of reality was created to show god's love. Not just the physical planet, and that when they say he created the world, the world is reality. Though a theist would need to chime in to confirm this.

In other words, it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

I'm not impressed by an argument that boils down to "well if you redefine the operative word to mean something completely different and unexpected then it kind of makes sense."

mstatefan91
08-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Wrong. God did not create us because He loves us. He does love us but that is not why we were created. We were created to give glory to God. The whole point of the universe is to glorify God and His magnificence and majesty. The purpose of life is to glorify the one who made us.

You may call it conceited and I would have to say that I thought so too when I first heard it. However if you look at it with the mind that God is infinite and perfect and omnipotent then why shouldn't He receive all the glory. God desires to be glorified.

Look up John Piper for more on this topic.

Godfrd824
08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Wrong. God did not create us because He loves us. He does love us but that is not why we were created. We were created to give glory to God. The whole point of the universe is to glorify God and His magnificence and majesty. The purpose of life is to glorify the one who made us.

You may call it conceited and I would have to say that I thought so too when I first heard it. However if you look at it with the mind that God is infinite and perfect and omnipotent then why shouldn't He receive all the glory. God desires to be glorified.

Pity, I pity you and your insecure God, brb all powerful, need validation from an ant.

GoJu
08-27-2011, 06:40 PM

God has an ego problem.

mstatefan91
08-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Pity, I pity you and your insecure God, brb all powerful, need validation from an ant.You're so good at putting words in other people's mouths! When did I say that God needed us to give Him glory to validate Him? Answer: I didn't.

Nice try. Play again next time.

GoJu
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
You're so good at putting words in other people's mouths! When did I say that God needed us to give Him glory to validate Him? Answer: I didn't.

Nice try. Play again next time.

Than why does he need us to glorify him? You would think a perfect being would be above needing praise, really if you think that's the point to life than that's a pretty meaningless life for a pretty meaningless god.

mstatefan91
08-27-2011, 06:45 PM
God has an ego problem.This is what I ran into when I first heard this as well.
Quotes from Bible showing God desires glory
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/biblical-texts-to-show-gods-zeal-for-his-own-glory

Explanation from John Piper on why God desires glory and why it is not selfish.
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/how-is-gods-passion-for-his-own-glory-not-selfishness

mstatefan91
08-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Than why does he need us to glorify him? You would think a perfect being would be above needing praise, really if you think that's the point to life than that's a pretty meaningless life for a pretty meaningless god.Again there is a difference a huge difference between needing glory from us and desiring glory from us. God does not need us to glorify Him. He has said, "I tell you if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Meaning God will receive glory no matter what. He desires that that glory comes from us but He does not need it to.

GoJu
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Again there is a difference a huge difference between needing glory from us and desiring glory from us. God does not need us to glorify Him. He has said, "I tell you if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Meaning God will receive glory no matter what. He desires that that glory comes from us but He does not need it to.

The issue is that he wants it in the first place, what is he lacking that makes him want it?

mstatefan91
08-27-2011, 06:58 PM
The issue is that he wants it in the first place, what is he lacking that makes him want it?He is not lacking anything. Maybe I am using the wrong word by saying He wants glory. It is more that He requires it but would rather it come from the creation He made in His own image. If God is not glorified then how is He God? In the same way, if a king receives no support from his people then how can he still call himself king? It is a rough comparison but I'm trying to put it in a way that you will understand. God must receive glory to be God. Read the links

Stizzel
08-27-2011, 07:08 PM

God created a massive wasteland and he needs us to stare at it for his sense of glory. I'm glad to have this verified by someone that has put god through a psychological evaluation, but the fact remains, god's still an *******.

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Am i rite?

When you start living correctly, you'll will have less pain and more joy, and maybe then you will stop blaming God for all your problems.

Godfrd824
08-29-2011, 03:46 AM
When you start living correctly, you'll will have less pain and more joy, and maybe then you will stop blaming God for all your problems.

I have no pain, I don't blame God for anything, you're a dumb ass.

GoJu
08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
It is more that He requires it but would rather it come from the creation He made in His own image. If God is not glorified then how is He God? In the same way, if a king receives no support from his people then how can he still call himself king? It is a rough comparison but I'm trying to put it in a way that you will understand. God must receive glory to be God. Read the links

Requires = need, so what is it? Does he need the glory or does he just want the glory, and if your god can only be called God if he's glorified than you're worshiping a pretty weak god.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM

True.

This is why I am an atheist.

KRANE
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Am i rite?No you are not! Satan has confused you so that you're not thinking straight.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 07:44 PM
No you are not! Satan has confused you so that you're not think straight.

You're right. Hail lucifer.

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
No you are not! Satan has confused you so that you're not think straight.

Satan, the beautiful creation of God <3

realistromeo
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM
So...

So if we use another analogy, a painting, what god has painted conceptually is something like a mural of holocaust victims being eaten alive by zombies.

And in the corner is a picture of a rainbow that you can almost see with a high powered microscope.

I don't think I want to delve any further into god's psyche :(

Are you comparing the massive hulks of stars and galaxies to holocaust victims? and the zombies as black holes? really though those are some pretty holocaust victims, i wish i had more time to stare at them while they get eaten alive by hungery zombies from my nano-scale vantage point... cheers mate.

workhard9
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Or God made the unuverse so big to show that even though we are so small compared to everything else he has he still values our lives and loves each of us

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Or God made the unuverse so big to show that even though we are so small compared to everything else he has he still values our lives and loves each of us

Or maybe God doesn't exist.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 08:11 PM

Clearly something that values and loves life would create a monumental wasteland in which no life could conceivably exist.

workhard9
08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Or maybe God doesn't exist.

I know I probably won't be able to change your beliefs but with some of the things I've been through and seen in my life I know God is real. The theory of evolution or the big bang is just as much of a theory as my religion is to you. I believe that animals do evolve due to changes in their environment but I don't see how the universe came from a single molecule.

workhard9
08-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Clearly something that values and loves life would create a monumental wasteland in which no life could conceivably exist.

Are you refering to earth? Cause if you are how are we living, and have been living for so long, on this planet?

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I know I probably won't be able to change your beliefs but with some of the things I've been through and seen in my life I know God is real. The theory of evolution or the big bang is just as much of a theory as my religion is to you. I believe that animals do evolve due to changes in their environment but I don't see how the universe came from a single molecule.

Yeah sure. I don't have the time nor the energy to explain to you why personal experience and fuzzy feelings are far from proofs. You're lucky, you'll be able to watch me burn in Hell :D.

mstatefan91
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Clearly something that values and loves life would create a monumental wasteland in which no life could conceivably exist.Well um obviously life does exist in what you are saying "no life could conceivably exist." You might want to revise your statement here.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Are you refering to earth? Cause if you are how are we living, and have been living for so long, on this planet?

I'm referring to all of creation. Did god only create the earth?

Well um obviously life does exist in what you are saying "no life could conceivably exist." You might want to revise your statement here.

You're a genius sir.

Haha look satan is making me low now. Lucifer, you scamp!

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Instead of living there life and working on making it good, they blame God because they don't want to change there ways.

"If I always do what iv always done i'll always get what iv always got "

Statistics tells us that people of faith are generally happier than non believers, and the athiests cant stand that fact. That's why they want to take it away from us. (as if)

Atheists and agnostics or what ever else they want to label themselves as are a bunch of bitter and angry sour pusses. That's a fact.

workhard9
08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah sure. I don't have the time nor the energy to explain to you why personal experience and fuzzy feelings are far from proofs. You're lucky, you'll be able to watch me burn in Hell :D.

My cousin was brain dead until she was three. the doctor said if she had no brain function the next day they would pull the plug. My dad and his brother (brother is a preist) prayed for an hour that she would have brain activity asap. Next day was the first time in her life she had brain activity.
My uncle (the preist) was born 2 months early and his lungs didnt work right, had barely any if any immune system, and his heart was.fully developed. My grandma wrote a prayer on a piecd of paper that if God would heal him she would devope his.whole.life to Christ. turns out he's now a preist. My grandma didnt tell him or show him the letter until after he became a preist.

Both just random coincidences?

mstatefan91
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm referring to all of creation. Did god only create the earth?

You're a genius sir.

Haha look satan is making me low now. Lucifer, you scamp!Oh so you do believe it was created?

You're the one that said that life could not conceivably exist... I think you are forgetting a little place you live called Earth. Or are you not alive? Hmm

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 08:27 PM
My cousin was brain dead until she was three. the doctor said if she had no brain function the next day they would pull the plug. My dad and his brother (brother is a preist) prayed for an hour that she would have brain activity asap. Next day was the first time in her life she had brain activity.
My uncle (the preist) was born 2 months early and his lungs didnt work right, had barely any if any immune system, and his heart was.fully developed. My grandma wrote a prayer on a piecd of paper that if God would heal him she would devope his.whole.life to Christ. turns out he's now a preist. My grandma didnt tell him or show him the letter until after he became a preist.

Yes, thousands of starving kids are praying litteraly to death, and patients pray on their deathbed, yet God chose you :rolleyes:

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh so you do believe it was created?

You're the one that said that life could not conceivably exist... I think you are forgetting a little place you live called Earth. Or are you not alive? Hmm

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/101/623/original/are-u-a-WIZARD0.jpg?1298498107

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 08:46 PM

I believe that.

I believe that his energy in his faith was what made the change in the universal mind to heal.

Come to think of it, Miracles happen every single day. :)

Yes, thousands of starving kids are praying litteraly to death, and patients pray on their deathbed, yet God chose you :rolleyes:

No there not. There not preying with faith. If they were preying, and they preyed with faith, they wouldn't be in there predicament. Simple as that. But there thinking poverty and ill health, and anger and blame and disbelief for God, and thats why they live in poverty.

People living in poverty are living this way because of there past deeds (actions/thoughts/energy). Is that so hard to understand. When they learn there lessons they, and there family can live at a higher level. Most of those kids die anyway, and its there parents who suffer.

Your thinking like an atheist. An atheist will always look for excuses to be bitter and blame God. God doesn't want to punish you, that's the part people don't understand.

God didn't chose anyone.

Some have it much easier than others, fair enough. Is that Gods fault ? No its not.

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I believe that.

I believe that his energy in his faith was what made the change in the universal mind to heal.

Come to think of it, Miracles happen every single day. :)

No there not. There not preying with faith. If they were preying, and they preyed with faith, they wouldn't be in there predicament. Simple as that. But there thinking poverty and ill health, and anger and blame and disbelief for God, and thats why they live in poverty.

People living in poverty are living this way because of there past deeds (actions/thoughts/energy). Is that so hard to understand. When they learn there lessons they, and there family can live at a higher level. Most of those kids die anyway, and its there parents who suffer.

Your thinking like an atheist. An atheist will always look for excuses to be bitter and blame God. God doesn't want to punish you, that's the part people don't understand.

God didn't chose anyone.

Some have it much easier than others, fair enough. Is that Gods fault ? No its not.

Gtfo, you're phucking retarded. You believe in something you made up even though it has 0 evidence.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
There not preying with faith. If they were preying, and they preyed with faith, they wouldn't be in there predicament.

lol

mstatefan91
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/101/623/original/are-u-a-WIZARD0.jpg?1298498107

I can't help it that you are not clear about a lot of the things you say. Leaving your comments open to interpretation leads people to believe you are saying something you didn't intend. Lesson of today's lesson: be specific and clear kids.

Stizzel
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
I can't help it that you are not clear about a lot of the things you say. Leaving your comments open to interpretation leads people to believe you are saying something you didn't intend. Lesson of today's lesson: be specific and clear kids.

Not surprised at all that someone that takes the bible seriously is so good at cherry picking comments out of context to confuse himself.

If you think I'm going to let myself be trolled by someone that believes he has to eat a zombie jew once a week to save his soul, you're sadly mistaken.

mstatefan91
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Not surprised at all that someone that takes the bible seriously is so good at cherry picking comments out of context to confuse himself.

If you think I'm going to let myself be trolled by someone that believes he has to eat a zombie jew once a week to save his soul, you're sadly mistaken.I understand what point you were trying to make. You just failed because you were not specific and completely excluded the fact of life on earth and the fact that you haven't been to every galaxy and planet therefore you do not know if there is life other than on earth.

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Gtfo, you're phucking retarded. You believe in something you made up even though it has 0 evidence.

lol at you and what you have to say.

I don't even know what your talking about, but for a laugh i'll try answer. In my opinion, there is plenty of "evidence" about Jesus. Plenty. Just take a look at the miracles he performed. Unfortunately in those days and times (lol) there where no HD video cam recorders to record the evidence on video and 1080i blue ray quality photos. We do have history. But hang on, you want evidence for all of the historical events in the world. Or it didn't happen right? Nothing happened unless you seen it with your own eyes.

Well let me tell you. Seeing is believing, and you wont ever see until you believe. How do I know that ? I believe the prophecy. Sorry buddy, I don't have an audio recording either.

Its faith you **** head. I'm not even mad, its you, your stupid asking for evidence. If you want evidence, its there.

And I don't make up anything. That's called psychosis. I do not have Schizophrenia.

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
lol at you and what you have to say.

I don't even know what your talking about, but for a laugh i'll try answer. In my opinion, there is plenty of "evidence" about Jesus. Plenty. Just take a look at the miracles he performed. Unfortunately in those days and times (lol) there where no HD video cam recorders to record the evidence on video and 1080i blue ray quality photos. We do have history. But hang on, you want evidence for all of the historical events in the world. Or it didn't happen right? Nothing happened unless you seen it with your own eyes.

Well let me tell you. Seeing is believing, and you wont ever see until you believe. How do I know that ? I believe the prophecy. Sorry buddy, I don't have an audio recording either.

Its faith you **** head. I'm not even mad, its you, your stupid asking for evidence. If you want evidence, its there.

And I don't make up anything. That's called psychosis. I do not have Schizophrenia.

Lol at "look at the miracles Jesus did".. ehm where?

I want evidence and proofs Jesus even existed historically other than religious texts first.

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Lol at "look at the miracles Jesus did".. ehm where?

I want evidence and proofs Jesus even existed historically other than religious texts first.

LOL. Religion is historical text. Jesus didn't invent the Sony PS3, and he didn't invent the wheel to put his name to it.

We will agree to disagree. Okay, or do you do you need me to think your way ?

You don't believe, I do. And that's it. The debate is over. Your loss. You gained nothing.

You want some photographic evidence along with video footage and a certificate of authentication right ? That could be faked as well right ? Ohh I get it, you want to meet him first and see a miracle with your own eyes. Ok, I see.

I'm not even joking now but I suspect you may have Schizophrenia. Am I right ? You don't seem like your all there. Maybe your just under a lot of stress lately and you cant think straight. Or smoking weed maybe ?

Anyway, we agree to disagree, or I at least accept your view. And thats the truth. I accept your view. I don't agree with it, but I accept it.

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
LOL. Religion is historical text. Jesus didn't invent the Sony PS3, and he didn't invent the wheel to put his name to it.

We will agree to disagree. Okay, or do you do you need me to think your way ?

You don't believe, I do. And that's it. The debate is over. Your loss. You gained nothing.

You want some photographic evidence along with video footage and a certificate of authentication right ? That could be faked as well right ? Ohh I get it, you want to meet him first and see a miracle with your own eyes. Ok, I see.

I'm not even joking now but I suspect you may have Schizophrenia. Am I right ? You don't seem like your all there. Maybe your just under a lot of stress lately and you cant think straight. Or smoking weed maybe ?

Anyway, we agree to disagree, or I at least accept your view. And thats the truth. I accept your view. I don't agree with it, but I accept it.

Lol talking of schizophrenia the one who probably hallucinates and daydreams about Jesus. Yup, the debate is over, and you have shown that you have no reason to believe, you just "do".

MegaPump
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Lol talking of schizophrenia the one who probably hallucinates and daydreams about Jesus. Yup, the debate is over, and you have shown that you have no reason to believe, you just "do".

Nope, I don't day dream at all about Jesus. Not yet anyway, but thanks for the tip.

I'v given my reasons why I believe.

What will it take for you ? LOL :D You need to see Jesus in front of you performing a miracle ? Face it, that's the truth. But I bet you buy into all types of rubbish with a belief that it works. Am I wrong ? UFO's are captured on both photos and video footage. How many times will you buy based on a TV advertisment. Is that evidence is it ? How do you buy into that stuff when you havnt seen it and experienced it yourself ? Is it because you friend said its true ? But hold on, you need to see it in front of you, what does the next persons word mean ? Nothing right ? I think even if you seen a miracle with your own eyes you would say its just smoke and mirrors. You dont have to believe for your parents, its ok.

I wish you the best. Just try not harm others and be the best you can be. Only if Jesus does comes in this life time, you wont be seeing him. And why would you ? That's my opinion.

MorelloMachine
08-29-2011, 10:28 PM
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/caramorello/23511_10150157821130117_302201620116_11639416_4604 842_n.jpg

Posthardcore
08-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Nope, I don't day dream at all about Jesus. Not yet anyway, but thanks for the tip.

I'v given my reasons why I believe.

What will it take for you ? LOL :D You need to see Jesus in front of you performing a miracle ? Face it, that's the truth. But I bet you buy into all types of rubbish with a belief that it works. Am I wrong ? UFO's are captured on both photos and video footage. How many times will you buy based on a TV advertisment. Is that evidence is it ? How do you buy into that stuff when you havnt seen it and experienced it yourself ? Is it because you friend said its true ? But hold on, you need to see it in front of you, what does the next persons word mean ? Nothing right ? I think even if you seen a miracle with your own eyes you would say its just smoke and mirrors. You dont have to believe for your parents, its ok.

I wish you the best. Just be good to others. Only if Jesus does comes in this life time, you wont be seeing him. Who the fool then ?

What I need is some sort of evidence of a creating hand that pops things into existence. Anything. Trees popping into existence randomly all around the world.

MegaPump
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
What I need is some sort of evidence of a creating hand that pops things into existence. Anything. Trees popping into existence randomly all around the world.

Trees come from seeds. Life was meant to go on. The earth evolved. When God created the earth, the earth was just dust. Think of Mars. God is a creative energy. Its so full on, just as the universe is. Its amazing. God is way beyond human labor. Everything came from the seed. Those seeds sprung into action in less than 6 days. I got the answers, but like I said, not to closed ears.

Who are you, that God needs to prove himself to you?

You want God to prove himself in front of you so then you can obey the laws of the lord ? It doesn't work like that bro. Its like eating in an all you can eat buffet. You pay the price first, then you get to sit down and eat. If you don't like it, bad luck :D.

Dude.Jon
08-30-2011, 07:47 AM

http://b12.grono.net/214/203/gallery-76237391-500x500.jpg

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Bodyklok/TrollDetected.png

Harbinger
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM

LOL@prey, I guess it's fitting. It's not hard to prey on the mentally deficient.

Tiffany Wantsmore
08-30-2011, 10:59 AM
This is the neg comment I got from MegaPump:

What makes think staving kids in Africa are praying to God ??? They live in those conditions bcuz how they lived in there past lives. (Evil) They repeatedly dont learn and it seems they must be punished. The 1 that gets my sponsorship must be praying

My mum also sponsors an African child. I guess he was also one of the ones who did pray right.

mstatefan91
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM

My mum also sponsors an African child. I guess he was also one of the ones who did pray right.

Megapump. Speaking as a fellow Christian, please be quiet. You are making yourself look very silly. Either you are very uninformed on some things or you are trying too hard to troll.

NeverStopMoving
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
A-L-L-E-G-O-R-Y

not

L-I-T-E-R-A-L

(not christian, not atheist, just a scholar)

Stizzel
08-30-2011, 08:31 PM

No doubt you've had direct experiences with god! It sounds like you and your family are truly blessed.

What's odd, though, is that while you have this incredible gift of healing people just by praying for an hour, yet here you are posting on the interwebs instead of healing the sick. You ought to find some amputees to heal on video and show those atheist/satanic scumbags the true glory of his holy word!

God isn't camera shy, right?

Let me know when you sell your belongings and give your life up for the lord. I will mail you a video camera so you can chronicle your adventures.

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Who are you, that God needs to prove himself to you?

You want God to prove himself in front of you so then you can obey the laws of the lord ? It doesn't work like that bro. Its like eating in an all you can eat buffet. You pay the price first, then you get to sit down and eat. If you don't like it, bad luck :D.

If I don't like it, the place owners lock me in their basement and torture me forever. Great.

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Sigh.. Talking about nutrition with double chinned NASCAR fans is more stimulating than r/p religion threads

Srs it's like the basement atheists have gotten together to drive off everyone except basement atheists -- notice that moderate atheists hardly post anymore? Notice that the only time Rune / VAPlow / Thornton post is when it's a thread that's not a religion thread?

I called this out a couple of years ago when LordDarwin and the other white trash psycho's were on this forum as the 'atheist alliance' -- srs I vanquished them in argumentation and I may have to come out of retirement to vanquish you atheist perverts

:D

Stizzel
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Sigh.. Talking about nutrition with double chinned NASCAR fans is more stimulating than r/p religion threads

Srs it's like the basement atheists have gotten together to drive off everyone except basement atheists -- notice that moderate atheists hardly post anymore? Notice that the only time Rune / VAPlow / Thornton post is when it's a thread that's not a religion thread?

I called this out a couple of years ago when LordDarwin and the other white trash psycho's were on this forum as the 'atheist alliance' -- srs I vanquished them in argumentation and I may have to come out of retirement to vanquish you atheist perverts

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/8/128942645892420366.jpg

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 09:48 PM

I can't wait to see you vanquish everyone with your powerful and god-like (pun intended) arguments from ignorance, argument from the complexity/beauty, first cause argument, no true scottman fallacy, appeal to popularity, appeal to sensitivity and/or appeal to authority, linking everyone to a hundred biaised websites/videos, metaphysical claims, conspiracies, man-made pseudo-miracles/profecies, circular logic, God's logic and morality > Man's, schizophrenic sounding personal experience and/or sketchy philosophical and historical arguments.

Impress me. I can't wait to be flabbergasted.

Stizzel
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I can't wait to see you vanquish everyone with your powerful and god-like (pun intended) arguments from ignorance, argument from the complexity/beauty, first cause argument, no true scottman fallacy, argument from popularity, appeal to sensitivity and/or appeal to authority, linking everyone to a hundred biaised websites/videos, metaphysical claims, man-made pseudo-miracles/profecies, circular logic, God's logic and morality > Man's, schizophrenic sounding personal experience and/or sketchy philosophical and historical arguments.

I just hope he doesn't discover the satanism that is true motivation of all atheists.

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I just hope he doesn't discover the satanism that is true motivation of all atheists.

And all the faith it takes to dive into this satanist religion that Atheism is.

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to see you vanquish everyone with your powerful and god-like (pun intended) arguments from ignorance, argument from the complexity/beauty, first cause argument, no true scottman fallacy, appeal to popularity, appeal to sensitivity and/or appeal to authority, linking everyone to a hundred biaised websites/videos, metaphysical claims, conspiracies, man-made pseudo-miracles/profecies, circular logic, God's logic and morality > Man's, schizophrenic sounding personal experience and/or sketchy philosophical and historical arguments.

All I have to do is take statements made by atheists and ask them to put what they're saying into argument form and then the thread ends

IE, "The universe is so big how can you think humans are God's special creation?" -- That idea is in Carl Sagan's Cosmos but when it gets put into P1,P2, C form it looks like a nonsense opinion statement

"religions cause wars"(with implied argumentation that therefore they're false, if the religions were true there would be a justification for the wars)

Asking people to make arguments instead of repeating atheist sermons = vanquishing atheism

Anyways, I like riling up you atheists to get interaction going, if I get into the RP more I'll be more civil and hopefully we can have some good discussions

Godfrd824
08-30-2011, 10:33 PM
All I have to do is take statements made by atheists and ask them to put what they're saying into argument form and then the thread ends

IE, "The universe is so big how can you think humans are God's special creation?" -- That idea is in Carl Sagan's Cosmos but when it gets put into P1,P2, C form it looks like a nonsense opinion statement

"religions cause wars"(with implied argumentation that therefore they're false, if the religions were true there would be a justification for the wars)

Asking people to make arguments instead of repeating atheist sermons = vanquishing atheism

Anyways, I like riling up you atheists to get interaction going, if I get into the RP more I'll be more civil and hopefully we can have some good discussions

Religion is real, very real, ask any of the 9/11 survivors, that doesn't mean your God is.

I always enjoy this quote by Epicurus.

http://thinkthatthrough.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/epicurus-quote11.jpg

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 10:34 PM

I forgot to add false dichotomies and generalisation to the list. "An atheist dude wasn't making sense, so I'm correct and no atheist can genuinely defend atheism."

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Religion is real, very real, ask any of the 9/11 survivors, that doesn't mean your God is.

I always enjoy this quote by Epicurus.

Hey, good point -- but in the context I'm using it it's clear that 'religions are real' means that religious claims are true. I should have said true and not real

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I forgot to add false dichotomies and generalisation to the list. "An atheist dude wasn't making sense, so I'm correct and no atheist can genuinely defend atheism."

Post, I think some atheists can defend atheism, if you read what I said I just pointed out how I vanquished the last group of atheists who used to post here by telling them to put their claims into argument form

Seriously let's not make discussing more time-consuming than it needs to be

Godfrd824
08-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey, good point -- but in the context I'm using it it's clear that 'religions are real' means that religious claims are true. I should have said true and not real

Of course they're not true, there are like 16 thousand sects of Christianity alone, they can't all be right, and all of them seem to be illogical. I'd venture to say that they're all wrong.

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Post, I think some atheists can defend atheism, if you read what I said I just pointed out how I vanquished the last group of atheists who used to post here by telling them to put their claims into argument form

I can easily beat a 10 years old girl too. :D

But I see your point, I guess. I know I shouldn't be but I'm kinda biaised because of your username lol

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Of course they're not true, there are like 16 thousand sects of Christianity alone, they can't all be right, and all of them seem to be illogical. I'd venture to say that they're all wrong.

You can believe that, but we're going off the point that I made that a lot of atheists use invalid arguments almost all the time in arguing against God or religion

Godfrd824
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
You can believe that, but we're going off the point that I made that a lot of atheists use invalid arguments almost all the time in arguing against God or religionWhich is true, on the other hand, most theists aren't intelligent enough to even defend why they believe in their specific God, let alone logically prove their existence.

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
You can believe that, but we're going off the point that I made that a lot of atheists use invalid arguments almost all the time in arguing against God or religion

So, you want some real stuff. Explain the omniscience of everything in this timeline frame, the scientifically unsupported existence of free-will, and the logic to burn people eternally. If you think we should assume God exists and that He has the answer. Show me the evidence of the existence of God without using any fallacy I've previously mentionned.

Go.

Stizzel
08-30-2011, 10:56 PM

Why would they try to disprove something that you can't prove? Sounds like you found some dumb atheists. Not surprised, because there are a lot of them.

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Which is true, on the other hand, most theists aren't intelligent enough to even defend why they believe in their specific God, let alone logically prove their existence.

*sighs* Are you one of those guys who has to get the last word in? I feel like we're going to keep up with this until I get too tired to respond

I understand your point, let's continue with the thread

Godfrd824
08-30-2011, 10:59 PM
*sighs* Are you one of those guys who has to get the last word in? I feel like we're going to keep up with this until I get too tired to respond

I understand your point, let's continue with the thread

This is the thread, OP was trying to get theists to explain their reasoning behind their illogical indoctrination. Have you noticed that no one has been able to give a mildly valid reason? Then there was that guy who looks like a lobster, talking about how God needs praise or he shrivels up or something.

Emmortal
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Have you ever looked at a piece of artwork or painting where there are vast areas of single colors that aren't really all that interesting but within that painting there are numerous points of detail which contain incredibely interesting points of interest?

Godfrd824
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Have you ever looked at a piece of artwork or painting where there are vast areas of single colors that aren't really all that interesting but within that painting there are numerous points of detail which contain incredibely interesting points of interest?Not really.

Emmortal
08-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Not really.

I figured as much.

Posthardcore
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Have you ever looked at a piece of artwork or painting where there are vast areas of single colors that aren't really all that interesting but within that painting there are numerous points of detail which contain incredibely interesting points of interest?

lolwat?

You mean drawing a dot on a huge paper. Cutting the majority of that paper throwing it and keeping that little dot because I love that part?

MegaPump
08-30-2011, 11:21 PM

It comes from the Buddhist wheel of life. I stand by it 100%.

What makes you think those poor children suffering in 3rd world countries didn't commit the most evil of sins in there past life ? What makes you think these people are not repeat offenders ? What makes you think they don't deserve everything they get ?

What makes you think those children are praying there hearts out ? What faith do you think they have in God ?

What makes you think God isnt giving them a break already ? How many organizations are there supporting there sinner asses ? (Take that with a grain salt) Billions and billions of dollars each year go into supporting them.

You think things like that will mess with my faith ? Nooooo. Not starving children, not sick kids, not kids in abusive families, not ****phile priests, not Bin la din, not terror, not death or sickness in the family, not some scripture that says something on the lines of "you will be punished", not what some priest said, not what some church group done, not church related crimes, no preaching or bible bashing, not the Christians that sin, not hypocrites, not your life or the next person and there predicament, not being born deaf, nothing. Not the abusive family who done this and that to you and then spoke religion, none of that.

My goal is to sponsor a child in a third world country. I want to do that because I want to help make there life a bit better and give them the nourishment and education they need.

Emmortal
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM
lolwat?

You mean drawing a dot on a huge paper. Cutting the majority of that paper throwing it and keeping that little dot because I love that part?

If you think of God as an artist, a painter in this instance, the universe and time is his canvas. Our perspective is extremely narrow, we only see what would be a fraction of a blink of an eye in the order of things. Our existence would be related to a single string (as in string theory) of a grain of sand in the Pacific Ocean. While God is working with the big picture of it all, we only see a glimpse of a very narrow field of view around us. To assume that any of us could relate to this or understand what his motives are is completely ludicrous at best.

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM
This is the thread, OP was trying to get theists to explain their reasoning behind their illogical indoctrination. Have you noticed that no one has been able to give a mildly valid reason? Then there was that guy who looks like a lobster, talking about how God needs praise or he shrivels up or something.

The belief that God made the universe out of love is based on a previous belief that the Bible is inspired by God --

P1 : The Bible is God's Communication with Man/Is a true communication
P2 : The Bible says God created the world out of love
C : God created the world out of love

Again, it's a sign of atheists not understanding the way Christians think or the way beliefs work that issues like this are brought up as objections/interesting thought prompts -- We believe B(world created out of love) because of A(Bible is inspired), B is the logical consequence of A, so like most atheist discussions, this thread avoids the foundational belief and swats at invisible theist defences and arguments

Christianyouth
08-30-2011, 11:40 PM
edit: I don't want to shut down discussions, since OP doesn't share presupposition A he can still look at this phenomenon and think about it/draw conclusions, it just can't exist as an argument against Christians

edit 2 : I don't even think we should talk about it so fast, if you try to solve a multi step math problem in 3 seconds you won't be able to solve unless from memory -- these philosophical questions are multi-step and I doubt OP or man others are solving 'from memory' -- So we should give it more thought, i.e. don't let my rebuttal shut down the thread/don't feel you're in a battle and you have to post a defense right away.

Godfrd824
08-31-2011, 03:58 AM
The belief that God made the universe out of love is based on a previous belief that the Bible is inspired by God --

Again, it's a sign of atheists not understanding the way Christians think or the way beliefs work that issues like this are brought up as objections/interesting thought prompts -- We believe B(world created out of love) because of A(Bible is inspired), B is the logical consequence of A, so like most atheist discussions, this thread avoids the foundational belief and swats at invisible theist defences and arguments

You seem to forget that every atheist here was at one time a theist, who prayed, and worshiped, who feared God. We don't avoid any logic, it's just that there isn't any logic in following a book which is incorrect in so many things. If you open a math book and the first page says that pi is equal to 2.34 and 4+5 is 17, are you gonna keep reading?

Godfrd824
08-31-2011, 03:59 AM

What makes you think those poor children suffering in 3rd world countries didn't commit the most evil of sins in there past life ? What makes you think these people are not repeat offenders ? What makes you think they don't deserve everything they get ?

What makes you think those children are praying there hearts out ? What faith do you think they have in God ?

What makes you think God isnt giving them a break already ? How many organizations are there supporting there sinner asses ? (Take that with a grain salt) Billions and billions of dollars each year go into supporting them.

You think things like that will mess with my faith ? Nooooo. Not starving children, not sick kids, not kids in abusive families, not ****phile priests, not Bin la din, not terror, not death or sickness in the family, not some scripture that says something on the lines of "you will be punished", not what some priest said, not what some church group done, not church related crimes, no preaching or bible bashing, not the Christians that sin, not hypocrites, not your life or the next person and there predicament, not being born deaf, nothing. Not the abusive family who done this and that to you and then spoke religion, none of that.

My goal is to sponsor a child in a third world country. I want to do that because I want to help make there life a bit better and give them the nourishment and education they need.

What makes you think that the goat I saw yesterday munching on some garbage wasn't a deceptacon in it's previous life. The only thing I got from what you wrote is that most likely in your previous life time you were so stupid, so retarded, that the idiocy leaking into you in this life time.

Posthardcore
08-31-2011, 04:40 AM

This makes so much sense. I have seen the light, thank you <3

GoJu
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM

http://static.divbyzero.nl/facepalm/doublefacepalm.jpg

Chezdon
08-31-2011, 05:53 AM

lol'd. Oh, theists, you are funny (unintentionally).

Tiffany Wantsmore
08-31-2011, 06:28 AM

Personally I don't think that because I don't believe in an immortal soul. I think they're just unlucky to have been born in an African shiithole. What makes you so sure that they were so evil in "previous lives"? And if they were, wouldn't they return as spiders or something, which everyone kills on sight? The Buddhists I know tend to believe that humanity is the highest spiritual form and by the time you reach a human body, you've already paid for past sins by being a cockroach or a laboratory rat or whatever. But there's no divine justice. If we could rely on divine justice, there would be no point punishing people here in reality would there?

As for the charities supporting these poor African kids, that's humans being humane, not any god's doing.

MegaPump
08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
What makes you think that the goat I saw yesterday munching on some garbage wasn't a deceptacon in it's previous life. The only thing I got from what you wrote is that most likely in your previous life time you were so stupid, so retarded, that the idiocy leaking into you in this life time.

It's you that is stupid. A stupid person lives in a stupid world and sees and hears stupid things. A stupid person cant see any differently.

If you took your "stupid glasses" off you would see that im talking about our past lives. Listen little boy,,im saying that the life you live here on earth determines your next one. Some people live a kind of hell on earth due to there past actions. Okay baby bubs ?

Personally I don't think that because I don't believe in an immortal soul. I think they're just unlucky to have been born in an African shiithole. What makes you so sure that they were so evil in "previous lives"? And if they were, wouldn't they return as spiders or something, which everyone kills on sight? The Buddhists I know tend to believe that humanity is the highest spiritual form and by the time you reach a human body, you've already paid for past sins by being a cockroach or a laboratory rat or whatever. But there's no divine justice. If we could rely on divine justice, there would be no point punishing people here in reality would there?

As for the charities supporting these poor African kids, that's humans being humane, not any god's doing.

What are you talking about "immortal soul" ? You have no spiritual beliefs and now your talking about a soul ? That's ok though, that's a start. My journey started with believing in a spirit, but up to this point what your saying makes no sense.

I don't believe "there just unlucky" that just leads to hate for God, and self pity.

Its my belief that they are past sinners because I believe in the Buddhist wheel of life, and re-incarnation. I don't believe most people are ready to enter heaven with the heavenly loving people within one life time. I don't believe that the universe is just an empty space and that in planet earth with have life, human life being the highest level, but we are just like dogs, only with a different brain. I do however believe that some people will come back as dogs. Some come back as those poor dogs you see in Thailand dying from thirst and probably sickness. Living on the streets clearly in a lot of ongoing pain. I even see see some spirit in there dogs and I believe these dogs to have more spiritual energy than the average dog in Australia or the US. But at the end of the day, there "a dog" and should be treated like a dog, and that's all there is to it. That might sound crazy to a lot of the atheist children on here, but I don't care for what they think.

You also have it wrong about Buddhism. You don't start as a cockroach. There are cockroaches in this thread (not naming names). But moving on.

You said "As for the charities supporting these poor African kids, that's humans being humane, not any god's doing."

I say "Nope, that's God work. All Gods work."

Godfrd824
08-31-2011, 07:30 PM
It's you that is stupid. A stupid person lives in a stupid world and sees and hears stupid things. A stupid person cant see any differently.

If you took your "stupid glasses" off you would see that im talking about our past lives. Listen little boy,,im saying that the life you live here on earth determines your next one. Some people live a kind of hell on earth due to there past actions. Okay baby bubs ?

What are you talking about "immortal soul" ? You have no spiritual beliefs and now your talking about a soul ? That's ok though, that's a start. My journey started with believing in a spirit, but up to this point what your saying makes no sense.

I don't believe "there just unlucky" that just leads to hate for God, and self pity.

Its my belief that they are past sinners because I believe in the Buddhist wheel of life, and re-incarnation. I don't believe most people are ready to enter heaven with the heavenly loving people within one life time. I don't believe that the universe is just an empty space and that in planet earth with have life, human life being the highest level, but we are just like dogs, only with a different brain. I do however believe that some people will come back as dogs. Some come back as those poor dogs you see in Thailand dying from thirst and probably sickness. Living on the streets clearly in a lot of ongoing pain. I even see see some spirit in there dogs and I believe these dogs to have more spiritual energy than the average dog in Australia or the US. But at the end of the day, there "a dog" and should be treated like a dog, and that's all there is to it. That might sound crazy to a lot of the atheist children on here, but I don't care for what they think.

You also have it wrong about Buddhism. You don't start as a cockroach. There are cockroaches in this thread (not naming names). But moving on.

You said "As for the charities supporting these poor African kids, that's humans being humane, not any god's doing."

Buddhists don't even believe in reincarnation like that, you are truly stupid. Buddhism isn't a religion either, Buddhists don't even have a God to worship.

MegaPump
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Buddhists don't even believe in reincarnation like that, you are truly stupid. Buddhism isn't a religion either, Buddhists don't even have a God to worship.

You make me laugh. :)

at you ;)

Buddhism IS a religion. But they don't have a deity. However a lot of them do worship the Buddha figure as a "God". The Buddha is a reincarnation. The Dali Lama and the Buddha is basically "like" a God to them.

You good for cursing people on internet forums. Well done. (Sarcastic) But no offense taken.

MegaPump
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
This is getting a bit negative. I have no time for single minded losers. I'll leave you to it.

Stizzel
08-31-2011, 08:18 PM

Why would you expect people to understand the details of something as subjective as god based entirely on your belief?

Maybe if someone wanted to take the bible literally, that might be interesting.

Taking you guys seriously is about as attractive as heading over to the harry potter forums to speculate on whether or not harry really loves herminey.

Posthardcore
08-31-2011, 08:25 PM

I love the part where you laid out all the astonishing evidences supporting your statements!!

Stizzel
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I love the part where you laid out all the astonishing evidences supporting your statements!!

Actually, he may have. Bird's posts are easier to understand than this guy. I have mega on unintentional ignore just because he may as well be typing in Sanskrit.

Resonator
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Why would you expect people to understand the details of something as subjective as god based entirely on your belief?

Maybe if someone wanted to take the bible literally, that might be interesting.

Taking you guys seriously is about as attractive as heading over to the harry potter forums to speculate on whether or not harry really loves herminey.

Then what's the point of this thread? Ego boosting?

Forge3
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM

Am i rite?

God by nature is known as the Supreme consciousness/awareness. If what you say is true than the pinnacle of consciousness is dark, morbid or 'evil'. I don't think so. Because if the supreme awareness (God) was evil then love would be a sin in God's eyes. That is not the message.

GoJu
09-01-2011, 05:06 AM
You make me laugh
at you ;)

Buddhism IS a religion. But they don't have a deity. However a lot of them do worship the Buddha figure as a "God". The Buddha is a reincarnation. The Dali Lama and the Buddha is basically "like" a God to them.

You good for cursing people on internet forums. Well done. (Sarcastic) But no offense taken.

Buddhism is not a religion, neither the Dali Lamma nor the Buddha was not to be worshipped as a god, because the gods were useless in escaping the cycle of reincarnation. You're talking out of your ass.

GoJu
09-01-2011, 05:08 AM
God by nature is known as the Supreme consciousness/awareness. If what you say is true than the pinnacle of consciousness is dark, morbid or 'evil'. I don't think so. Because if the supreme awareness (God) was evil then love would be a sin in God's eyes. That is not the message.

Nothing in what you've defined as God's nature keeps him from being evil.

Godfrd824
09-01-2011, 06:19 AM
You make me laugh. :)

at you ;)

You are wrong, so damn wrong, I have but one question to ask you.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9226366.jpg

pianoforte
09-01-2011, 06:27 AM
If you think of God as an artist, a painter in this instance, the universe and time is his canvas. Our perspective is extremely narrow, we only see what would be a fraction of a blink of an eye in the order of things. Our existence would be related to a single string (as in string theory) of a grain of sand in the Pacific Ocean. While God is working with the big picture of it all, we only see a glimpse of a very narrow field of view around us. To assume that any of us could relate to this or understand what his motives are is completely ludicrous at best.

And yet we are supposed to believe this is the same God who gets upset if 2 men make love or a woman speaks up in Church

bird72
09-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I've seen this said numerous times, that the reason this planet was created was to show god's love. Faulty premise, flawed argument.....never mind.