PDA

View Full Version : What are the calories/macros for this Subway foot long??

BalkanLifterr
08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
12" italian herbs and cheese
tereyaki(sp?) chicken
pepper jack cheese
toasted (I know this has nothing to do with the calories.. but I had to add it in there. xD)
lettuce, bell pepper, red onions, jalapenos, olives
chipotle sauce

I know I'm not going to be getting an extremely accurate estimate, but I would at least like to know a rough guesstimation of the calories/protein.

dukend
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Google "subway calorie counter". One of the first options has a good counter that's let's you choose exactly what you have.

Siafu4Life
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
tereyaki(sp?) chicken
pepper jack cheese
toasted (I know this has nothing to do with the calories.. but I had to add it in there. xD)
chipotle sauce

I know I'm not going to be getting an extremely accurate estimate, but I would at least like to know a rough guesstimation of the calories/protein.

In the time it took you to post your question, you could have easily had your answer. Below you'll find the link to "Subway.com". Click on it. At the top you'll find a drop-down menu; "Menu & Nutrition. Click that. All your worldly answers are just a couple clicks away!!

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/default.aspx

WonderPug
08-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Amazingly, Subway provides that information on their website (http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx).

Next time, try not to be so lazy.

bballbrett5
08-22-2011, 04:06 PM
^ tempted to neg for using common sense

BalkanLifterr
08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Amazingly, Subway provides that information on their website (http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx).

Next time, try not to be so lazy. I was looking through the website, before you say I didn't lols. I just clicked the wrong option because it didn't show me a list that I can custom myself.

dukend
08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Come on guys, OP's just trying to make some money leave him alone.

WonderPug
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
P.S. I hope you realize the the caloric and macronutrient information listed is wildly inaccurate.

BalkanLifterr
08-22-2011, 04:15 PM
P.S. I hope you realize the the caloric and macronutrient information listed is wildly inaccurate. Yes I do realize that. Holy fukk this is awful. Just going to assume I ate around 740 calories and 50 protein.

WonderPug
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Just going to assume I ate around 740 calories and 50 protein.I'd assume that you eat 50 calories and 740 grams of protein.

Go ahead. Live dangerously.

BalkanLifterr
08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I can't seem to find that one thread that I saw yesterday on search.. it titled something along the lines of "Never eating Nutela again," and it showed this delicious looking peanut butter. Anyone got a link to it??

SoulZeppelin
08-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I can't seem to find that one thread that I saw yesterday on search.. it titled something along the lines of "Never eating Nutela again," and it showed this delicious looking peanut butter. Anyone got a link to it??

No link handy, but PB&Co. has a delicious chocolate pb thing

beef0270
08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
P.S. I hope you realize the the caloric and macronutrient information listed is wildly inaccurate.

I have read this several times on this forum? Why do you guys say that? The breads are standard sizes, the meat is almost always identical in content. The veggie facts are going to be a variable but the they are so low in caloric content that the difference isn't going to be huge. Cheese is standard sizes for the most part.

The only thing that can throw off the nutrition facts are the sauces. (I stopped getting the chipotle sauce, and just get vinegar and surprisingly I enjoy the sandwich just as much)

I don't understand why people say that facts are wildly off. I agree they aren't spot on, but nobody is spot on.

Do you guys claim they are off because they are just false numbers that Subway is putting out? Or is that claim based on how much sauce a subway employee squirts on to the sandwich?

WonderPug
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
^ Variance in preparation.

PR1MO
08-22-2011, 07:08 PM
tereyaki(sp?) chicken
pepper jack cheese
chipotle sauce

I just forwarded a link to this post to the Oxford English Dictionary people and suggested they stick a screen shot under their definition of "lazy"

TLTrooper
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM
After I realized Subway has as many calories as fast food, give or take other nutrients, I slowed down A LOT on their food. Been keeping it simple and light as much as possible. Dieting while eating Subway requires just as much proportion control as any other joint. Unless you're tactical about having them "design" your own sandwich that fits your goals of-course.

MontyMagpie
08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Now I want a subway, I will purchase one tomorrow. Tuna 12" with double cheese. Yum!

KarmicEffects
08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
^ Variance in preparation.

Dis^, Everything is though technically, can't trust anything unless you make it yourself

I honestly calculate it, then add 200 cal to whatever it says (cutting atm) , it usually covers me. If I was bulking, I'd add 100 cal...

freak111
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
This...

and to the OP why not make your own subs or sandwiches?

Use a Flatout tortilla wrap or High Fiber Tortilla Factory wrap

Chicken breast make it yourself

salads as you like

dressing as you like.

I bet lower sodium, carb and fat intake than Subways sub's.

After I realized Subway has as many calories as fast food, give or take other nutrients, I slowed down A LOT on their food. Been keeping it simple and light as much as possible. Dieting while eating Subway requires just as much proportion control as any other joint. Unless you're tactical about having them "design" your own sandwich that fits your goals of-course.

MITCHAPAL00ZA
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
i worked at subway and i'll say the variance in preparation isnt much... for all the of cold cuts, they have a set number of slices. IE turkey, ham, and roast beef footlongs are all a measly 8 slices for a footlong. meatball gets 8 meatballs, blt gets 8 slices of bacon. i guess the teriyaki and buff chicken could have minor variance, but it's supposed to be 2 level scoops....id say add 50-100 cals to be safe if you're worried...and if you are dieting lay off all the heavy sauces. vinegar, honey mustard, and sweet onion are the lowest cal options....you guys should have seen some of the monstrosities i made though. my most impressive was a quadruple meat subway club footlong.

feelsg00dmayne
08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
subway macros are so fail. would rather make my own sammiches.

MontyMagpie
08-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Eating my subway 12" tuna with double cheese(both types) and pepper, jalapeņos, red onions, tomotoes, cucumbers, carrots. YUM YUM. Drinking a pint of milk(full fat) with it.