PDA

View Full Version : Appetite boosters? *reps*

cschnake
08-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Are there any natural appetite boosters? I'm currently bulking and lately I haven't been as hungry as I used to be. I try to eat like 5 medium meals a day to get in all of my macros, but it's been hard lately.

Thanks. Reps for good help.

Edit: Inb4 weed

Dujin77
08-22-2011, 09:28 AM
It is natural to be more satiated when your eating above your maintenance. How far over are you going?

Instituting some more liquid calories may help you if you are really having trouble getting solid food down.

What are you macros and food choices like? it might be a matter of changing up what you are eating a bit.

PhiSig2298
08-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Liquid calories...

Lvisaa2
08-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Calorie dense foods.

lllDBOlll
08-22-2011, 09:52 AM
That Ravenous supplement by AD is meant to help with increasing appetite, I know what you mean when you say it's hard to feel hungry. As others have said liquid cals are alot easier to get down you.

vinipitta
08-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Sex...

desslok
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Liquid cals, shakes, calorically dense foods, etc. I also find that eating frequent small meals and snacking/grazing keeps me hungry all day.

PhiSig2298
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Sex...

OP is scared of sex.. Anything else he can do?

juliacheh
08-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Mary Jane.

2canman
08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
OP is scared of sex.. Anything else he can do?aware me please.

vinipitta
08-22-2011, 10:32 AM
OP is scared of sex.. Anything else he can do?

Have you tried take him for dinner before ask for sex? :D

Aqpz
08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
smoke weed errday

muffinman1996
08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/muffinman1996/bluntofweed.jpg

PhiSig2298
08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Have you tried take him for dinner before ask for sex? :D

he's not hungry (hence the thread)

PBateman2
08-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Train harder.

desslok
08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
smoke weed errday

Strong avi to post ratio

Lvisaa2
08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Strong avi to post ratio

Haha, this.

bennettj
08-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I personally find increased meal frequency to be an appetite stimulant. I don't believe there is any scientific backing to this, just a personal experience. Probably worth trying -- try "grazing" more.

cschnake
08-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll try to drink more milk. I probably have a 1/4 gallon a day on average. I do "graze" and eat a lot of small meals too. I have 1-2 protein shakes a day. One whey shake post-workout and one casein shake before bed. I have sex a few times a week, but that doesn't seem to make me more hungry, just more tired lmao. I've been bulking for like 2 months and its only been recently that my appetite has lessened.

My macros:

3,200-3,500 calories
375g carbs
225g protein
And I don't count fats

School has started so maybe I'll sleep less (only slightly) and I'll be more hungry (probably only slightly). My training will be intensifying also.

cschnake
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM
That Ravenous supplement by AD is meant to help with increasing appetite, I know what you mean when you say it's hard to feel hungry. As others have said liquid cals are alot easier to get down you.

Link to this supp?

cschnake
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Reps on recharge now. I'll get around to it though.

waatsgood
08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Link to this supp?
Im not aware of the supp, but its most likely useless imo. The posters itt have given you basically all the solutions, Im just reiterating into one post.
- liquid calories
- more calorically dense foods
- more frequent feedings
- train harder. Your body will want those extra calories
- last but not least mary jane :D

texanchris
08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
swimming in cold water

PR1MO
08-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Removing your skirt

GnickandyT
08-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Try drinking a raw egg beat into 1-2oz of red wine, and consume 30-45 min before a meal... or you can try to eat ginger root, extract or actual root. there are quite a few inexpensive natural herbs out there that have been known to have appetite increasing effects like dandelion root, B12, echinacea purpurea extract, and some synthetic cannaboids such as the ingredient in CL Black Hole...

200mcg/day of GHRP-6 will make your hunger uncontrollable and it will almost become PAINFUL if you dont eat!!! Family members will wind up in the refrigerator lol!!!

403Boss
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Inb4 mass bans for recomending weed for stimulating appetite.

(srs, happened to me)

Ajaro
08-22-2011, 08:12 PM
swimming

cschnake
08-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Edit: Inb4 weed I already said, "Inb4 weed", so, nice try, guys lmao.

Also, I'm trying to limit cardio. My only cardio is 5 minutes pre-workout (as a warm-up) 3x a week.

cschnake
08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Try drinking a raw egg beat into 1-2oz of red wine, and consume 30-45 min before a meal... or you can try to eat ginger root, extract or actual root. there are quite a few inexpensive natural herbs out there that have been known to have appetite increasing effects like dandelion root, B12, echinacea purpurea extract, and some synthetic cannaboids such as the ingredient in CL Black Hole...

200mcg/day of GHRP-6 will make your hunger uncontrollable and it will almost become PAINFUL if you dont eat!!! Family members will wind up in the refrigerator lol!!!

Interesting. Can you link me to some of these supps? Do you swear by them?

lllDBOlll
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Link to this supp?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132273723

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Interesting. Can you link me to some of these supps? Do you swear by them?

Most of the herbal products and the extracts can be bought right from bodybulding... as well as the black hole. The red wine and egg has been around for quite a long time, and for me it doent make me hungry, it just allows me to keep eating at mealtime, kinda "delays" my feeling of being full... but where i am right now i cannot drink alcohol, so it has led me into the herbal solutions. I should be recieving the black hole in the mail any day now and from the reviews that i have read it has been hit and miss with many users, but i should get noticeable results around the 3 day mark, if it is effective for me. I will definately keep you posted on my experiences with it so you can weigh your options. I have been taking the B12 recently (caps) 1000mg ea and at 4 a day (2am-2pm) i think that my hunger has become more "pronounced"... no effect on how much i eat at a sitting, but i seem to be getting hungry more frequently then i had before, i start to crave meals! It is an inexpensive vitamin so if you dont quite see the results your after you can just add it to your "1 a days"

appetitestimulant.org/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=425303

Theres a few links you can check out... as for the herbal stimulants, the "appetite boosting supplements" have many of these as ingredients in the nutrition label, and they have been "known" to have hunger stimulating effects on their users. I use "known" loosely because i do not have any personal experience with many of these, so i cannot vouch for their effectiveness.

I will order some of these natural herbs and give them a run, i will reply back with any results i experience. Goodluck man and i hope this helps you out!

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 03:29 PM
correction... not exactly links as i need to have 50 posts to insert them, but should work just the same. copy/paste lol...

Lvisaa2
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I can't believe you'd actually pay to get something that "makes you more hungry". You could just out your purses down, suck it up, and just eat.

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I have tried to force feed myself and i never get as much down as i would like. Where im stationed now there is 3 set times during the day that we "get" to go eat... If i can take advantage of all the free food during those times by taking something that might be able to help me put a little more food away, thats all the less money i have to spend on supps to gain the calories and protein... idk maybe this isnt the best way to go about it, but i would just like to try and see what results come of it. Im with ya on the expensive part as far as the "name brand appetite boosters", but the natural herbs are actually not to pricey. In the mean time i will definately try to put as much down the natural way...

Cumulonimbus
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM
http://icifrance.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/190px-macro_cannabis_bud.jpg

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
ya lol that'll do the trick too!

x2lvlarcher
08-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I swear by doing this:
In the morning eat something sweet. Later followed by something sweeter. Finally ending the day with something salty.
I down 3k calories a day easy doing that.

feelsg00dmayne
08-23-2011, 04:33 PM
i swear by doing this:
In the morning eat something sweet. Later followed by something sweeter. Finally ending the day with something salty.
I down 3k calories a day easy doing that. wat.

Lvisaa2
08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
wat.

I just ignore his posts now. I don't think he's all there as many of posts seem as though his thoughts are somewhat disconnected and he seems able to only grasp small amounts of the overall posts.

x2lvlarcher
08-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Something sweet - cereal high in vitamins and easy as **** to eat a lot of.
Something sweeter - raisin bread, raisins, dried fruits, maple syrup, brown sugar toast, proats with sugar and syrup.
Something salty - meat... mo meat and even mo meat.

x2lvlarcher
08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Are there any natural appetite boosters? I'm currently bulking and lately I haven't been as hungry as I used to be. I try to eat like 5 medium meals a day to get in all of my macros, but it's been hard lately.

Sugary foods make me hungry, I swear by them.

You guys are very rude.. not my fault my English sucks ass.

ErickStevens
08-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey hey hey heyyyyyy....

http://icydk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Nate_Dogg_IPTV.jpg

Do squats, every day!

Igsterau
08-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks. Reps for good help.

Edit: Inb4 weed

Citrus fruit has enzymes in it that will aid in the digestion of protein. So squeeze some lemon juice on your meats. Can also use apple cider vinegar.

I have also heard bodybuilders putting their hot meal in a blender with some water, blending it and drinking it like stew.

x2lvlarcher
08-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Citrus fruit has enzymes in it that will aid in the digestion of protein. So squeeze some lemon juice on your meats. Can also use apple cider vinegar.

I have also heard bodybuilders putting their hot meal in a blender with some water, blending it and drinking it like stew.

The blender trick works... great advice.

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Something sweet - cereal high in vitamins and easy as **** to eat a lot of.
Something sweeter - raisin bread, raisins, dried fruits, maple syrup, brown sugar toast, proats with sugar and syrup.
Something salty - meat... mo meat and even mo meat.

I might have to give that a try... i do like the dryed fruits, and i definatly get my salt from the mixed nuts i eat as a snack. My breakfast usually is composed of mostly "salty" foods tho... ill give it a go. Thanks.

x2lvlarcher
08-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Alright tell me how it works out. Starting the day with carbohydrates versus fats seem to be a great way to eat more food during the day. At least for me... was on a Keto diet for 3 months didn't really care to eat much maintenance was 2,900/3,000 and would eat only 1,500 to 1,800..

Randy1976
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Prednisone!!!

Yeah, it's a prescription. But it will cause your appetite to rocket out of control. I was on it once and even 7 meals a day wasn't enough. I've known people with cancer taking it that gained 20# a month.

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Alright tell me how it works out. Starting the day with carbohydrates versus fats seem to be a great way to eat more food during the day. At least for me... was on a Keto diet for 3 months didn't really care to eat much maintenance was 2,900/3,000 and would eat only 1,500 to 1,800..

Ya that sound about right... I seem to get full way too soon, and i can keep putting down food, but only so much. Im sure over timme my stomach will expand to the point where it wont be an issue, and im doing good as far as slowly gaining weight, but just looking for that little extra bump lol... And that prednisone sounds like some pretty potent $H**! :-D

Cumulonimbus
08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey hey hey heyyyyyy....

Do squats, every day!

I LOL'd hard ahhahahaahaaha

Lvisaa2
08-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Ya that sound about right... I seem to get full way too soon, and i can keep putting down food, but only so much. Im sure over timme my stomach will expand to the point where it wont be an issue, and im doing good as far as slowly gaining weight, but just looking for that little extra bump lol... And that prednisone sounds like some pretty potent $H**! :-D

What is your diet comprised of? Are you eating calorie dense foods?

ZMan45
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Testicles. (kinda srs)

PhiSig2298
08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey hey hey heyyyyyy....

Do squats, every day!

I didn't picture you that tan..

Srs though, RIP N-a-t-e..

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
What is your diet comprised of? Are you eating calorie dense foods?

I am kinda forced into eating whatever they are serving for a given day lol... but here is a basic layout of the "usual". And again im having a hard time eating all the food in one sitting, but seem to manage.

Meal 1- 8:00am
2 cups oatmeal (tbsp brown sugar)
1 banana
3 hardboiled eggs
4-6 oz ham

Meal 2- Noon
8oz white meat turkey or fish
1 baked potato
1 cup green beans
1 cup brown rice

Meal 3- 5:00pm
8oz white meat chicken (baked)
1 cups steamed broccoli
1 cup corn
1 cup mashed potatos
1 piece of chocolate cake with frosting

In between meal times i usually snack on a trail mix or have a protein shake.

staunchkg
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Coconut Oil and Peanut Butter in a protein shake should do the trick!

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Coconut Oil and Peanut Butter in a protein shake should do the trick!

How often do u recommend to do this? And how much coconut oil should be added? Def seem worth a shot!

Lvisaa2
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I am kinda forced into eating whatever they are serving for a given day lol... but here is a basic layout of the "usual". And again im having a hard time eating all the food in one sitting, but seem to manage.

Meal 1- 8:00am
2 cups oatmeal (tbsp brown sugar)
1 banana
3 hardboiled eggs
4-6 oz ham

Meal 2- Noon
8oz white meat turkey or fish
1 baked potato
1 cup green beans
1 cup brown rice

Meal 3- 5:00pm
8oz white meat chicken (baked)
1 cups steamed broccoli
1 cup corn
1 cup mashed potatos
1 piece of chocolate cake with frosting

In between meal times i usually snack on a trail mix or have a protein shake.

Can you not choose more calorie dense foods? Also, as staunch said, you can easily use cheaper calorie dense sources to bump up calories - PB, olive oil, ice cream, etc.

Cumulonimbus
08-23-2011, 06:38 PM
[IMG]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/muffinman1996/bluntofweed.jpg[IMG]

Fuark strong avi to picture content

staunchkg
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
How often do u recommend to do this? And how much coconut oil should be added? Def seem worth a shot!10mls per shake. FYI, see IIFYM.

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Can you not choose more calorie dense foods? Also, as staunch said, you can easily use cheaper calorie dense sources to bump up calories - PB, olive oil, ice cream, etc.

I always try to keep an eye out for other foods that may be more beneficial to my goals, and the PB is a great idea and i will be adding that into my routine for sure! The ice cream is unfortunately a no go, but the olive oil should be obtainable... When i head to chow today i will ask to see if they have any "weekly meal planners" so i can get a head start on picking out my foods for the most benefit. No doubt my diet is the weakest part of my training routine, and also the most important... Thanks guys for the input and any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

What are some other calorie dense additions that i should be keeping an eye out for?

GnickandyT
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
10mls per shake. FYI, see IIFYM.

Ok thanks! will do.

cschnake
08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Most of the herbal products and the extracts can be bought right from bodybulding... as well as the black hole. The red wine and egg has been around for quite a long time, and for me it doent make me hungry, it just allows me to keep eating at mealtime, kinda "delays" my feeling of being full... but where i am right now i cannot drink alcohol, so it has led me into the herbal solutions. I should be recieving the black hole in the mail any day now and from the reviews that i have read it has been hit and miss with many users, but i should get noticeable results around the 3 day mark, if it is effective for me. I will definately keep you posted on my experiences with it so you can weigh your options. I have been taking the B12 recently (caps) 1000mg ea and at 4 a day (2am-2pm) i think that my hunger has become more "pronounced"... no effect on how much i eat at a sitting, but i seem to be getting hungry more frequently then i had before, i start to crave meals! It is an inexpensive vitamin so if you dont quite see the results your after you can just add it to your "1 a days"

appetitestimulant.org/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=425303

Theres a few links you can check out... as for the herbal stimulants, the "appetite boosting supplements" have many of these as ingredients in the nutrition label, and they have been "known" to have hunger stimulating effects on their users. I use "known" loosely because i do not have any personal experience with many of these, so i cannot vouch for their effectiveness.

I will order some of these natural herbs and give them a run, i will reply back with any results i experience. Goodluck man and i hope this helps you out!

Okay, thanks! I'll check these out! Repped! (on recharge atm).

cschnake
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I can't believe you'd actually pay to get something that "makes you more hungry". You could just out your purses down, suck it up, and just eat. I've made myself throw up trying to suck it up and choke it down. It definately went down. It just came back up 10 minutes later. I do suck it up though and stuff myself everytime I eat a larger meal or have more food put in front of me.

Cheftepesh
08-24-2011, 08:05 AM
I know CL puts out one called Black Hole thats supposed to be good.

Uberknee
08-24-2011, 09:51 AM
8qoCq-KsmZU