PDA

View Full Version : Adding Flavour to my diet! Help please!

HunterAnders
08-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Right now my diet is fairly damn bland... I hit rock bottom today when I ran out of Soy Sauce and wont be able to get any until tomorrow! Bad times! Anyway, there must be some tricks and spices etc that people use to spice up their diet and food - If so what are they?! Im dying to get SOME flavour in my food!

(For reference here is my diet)

Meal 1 (upon waking up)
5 large egg whites
2 large eggs1
1/2 cups of oats˝ tablespoon evoo for cooking

Meal 2(pwo)
40g whey shake
1 whole white bagel

Meal 3
4oz tilapia (weighed raw) OR 4 oz tuna OR 4oz any fresh water fish
˝ tablespoon olive oil for cooking
1 cup salad
1 ˝ cups brown rice (weighed cooked) OR 4 slices brown bread if your doing the tuna and make a sandwich with veggies, light mayo and mustard

Meal 4
6oz chicken breast (weighed cooked, no skin)
8oz yam (or sweet potato, which ever you like more) OR 1 ˝ cup cooked brown rice
˝ tablespoon olive oil for cooking1 cup broccoli (flash steamed)

Meal 5
6oz top round steak (weighed raw)
˝ tablespoon olive oil
1 cup broccoli (flash steamed)
1/2 a whole avocado

unccwrestler
08-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Hot sauce, garlic salt, parmesean cheese, Kernel Season (popcorn seasoning), s/f ketchup, mustard, red wine vinegar, cinnamon, splenda, s/f syrup.

I keep all of these stocked in my pantry.

HunterAnders
08-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Ah thanks for the suggestions! Definitely going to have to make sure I keep them all stocked up regular... Past few days I'v just been DYING for something with some actual flavour in it..

deshiroller507
08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Ah thanks for the suggestions! Definitely going to have to make sure I keep them all stocked up regular... Past few days I'v just been DYING for something with some actual flavour in it..

So eat something with flavor in it...Count your macros..Make it fit! that easy.

K2Valor
08-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Hot sauce, garlic salt, parmesean cheese, Kernel Season (popcorn seasoning), s/f ketchup, mustard, red wine vinegar, cinnamon, splenda, s/f syrup.

I keep all of these stocked in my pantry.

This might seem boring but my favorite way to cook chicken breast is to cut it up into strips (plain) into the frying pan. Add oil if you want, I don't. Then as it's cooking put salt & pepper on it ( a good amount ). Tastes realllllyyyy good in my opinion. Really brings out the flavor of the chicken as long as you don't overcook it.

Also, lemon pepper seasoning is good for chicken. Frank's Red Hot is pretty heavenly as well.

adamrochester
08-21-2011, 06:13 PM
you dont have to eat the same each day ?

just hit your protein carbs fat and fibre goals each day = profit

have some sauces do what you want but do what i stated ^