PDA

View Full Version : Tired Of The Expense

zyprexia
06-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Alright,

No more protein shakes and creatine, no more glutamine and multi vits. I just want to eat clean foods and no more $$$ supplements. So here is my question. What would be a beneficial post work out meal considering I gave up all the supps. Thanks for any help or suggestions fellas.

fupafighter2
06-18-2003, 10:11 AM
well just have a steady protein intake....example around liftin

pre workout: chicken brown rice or watever
lift
1.5 hrs after last meal either baked white potatoes, white rice, rice cakes white bread...get the point
45 min later meat n complex carbs

zyprexia
06-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I guess, seem kinda strange though, only white carbs after a workout??? Whatabout the protein?

mivi320
06-18-2003, 12:51 PM
for protein i'd go with something like chicken breasts because you don't want much fat after a workout because fat seems to slow down digestion...or maybe somethin' like shrimp or lean turkey cutlets...just don't have a slow absorbing protein after a workout because that will take long as well to digest...good luck to you bro!

decypheredbeats
06-18-2003, 12:53 PM
paying for supplements suck, get a job at GNC and stock up on mad **** then quit. alot of them only take Inventory 2 a year.......

decypheredbeats
06-18-2003, 12:56 PM
seiously though, at least take whey, you can get it really cheap threw the net, it absorbs faster then other protiens and that is why it is the best for post workout.

Mark Rejhon
06-18-2003, 07:36 PM
One word: MILK!

Buy lots, lots, lots of that white elixir. Drink a lot everyday. Have a big glass right after workout. A scientific survey has proven that having a glass right after workout instead of sometime later after workout helps muscle building. (It was tested mainly with older guys and strength, if I remember right. However, it does really apply to all ages)

Arnold Schwartzenneger loved that white liquid elixir, at least in the past, anyway.

For the price of maybe one small McDonald's combo meal, you can be replacing almost all of your glasses of water with glasses of milk, for a couple of days.

Kaner
06-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Actually, getting protein and simple carbs through Whey and Dextrose (ESPECIALLY if you order in bulk from the net) is cheaper than eating real food. For me at least.

AlexPSU
06-18-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I agree that in most cases supps are cheaper, if not comparable to whole food prices. I'm not saying that you should give up whole foods... on the contarary supplements are just supplementary foods for your diet. However, if you want the best body you can have you'll soon realize that you need supplements.

These are must haves and can be found DIRT cheap:

Whey Protein
Multivitamin
Dextrose/Maltodextrin
Fish Oil

mivi320
06-19-2003, 08:37 AM
bump