PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good high protein/low carb plan for my goals?

RyanMoore57
08-14-2011, 07:07 PM
im 20 years old, 5'11 and 240 pounds... i put on weights after i ellected to skip college football for partying. trying to get back down to my playing weight 200 pounds. is this a good meal plan?*

I work from 7am to 12pm
Breakfast 6:30 a.m. - 2 instant oatmeals, 1 scoop of protein powder (26g)*
Snack 9:30 a.m. - 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a serving of pineapple
Lunch (pre-workout meal) 12:30 p.m. - 1 pouch of tuna, a boiled egg, a serving of greek yogurt
Post workout snack 2:30 pm - 2 scoops of protein (52g)
Dinner 5:00 - whatever the old lady cooks in reduced portion as long as its half way healthy if not ill grab a subway salad or make something healthy
Night class 6-9
snack 9:00 - boiled egg and a cheese stick
The protien i use it the cheap walmart brand because i can't afford 3 serving a day of anything good
also i usually try to drink a good gallon of water a day.
i take mens health daily sport vitamins and fish oils

DTRrex
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Not a bad start, but here are some recommendations I would make: (1) Get rid of the instant oatmeal packets. Go for steal cut oats, if time is an issue, get the instant ones. These have less additives and more protein. If you HAVE to buy the packets, look into Quaker Weight Control... they have more protein and more fiber than most packets of oats. (2) You don't have enough fat in that diet. When going low carb you need more fat. Start adding in healthy fats when you can. Add nuts to a meal, eat half of an avocado with a meal, and add olive oil to one meal each day minimum.

RyanMoore57
08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I used the high fiber quaker instant oats, but i will look into the steal cut oats. ill also add nuts to the diet thats an easy fix. i'm not an avocado fan and olive oil will be difficult to incorporate for me on most days. do you have any other suggestions to add some fats to this diet? would peanut or almond butter help with adding fat? and would it be more beneficial to add these fats early or later in the day?

thanks for all the help

JKN77
08-15-2011, 06:06 PM
The protien i use it the cheap walmart brand because i can't afford 3 serving a day of anything good

CUT THE SHAKES!! i used to drink that walmart sh!t cause i couldnt afford anythign else, choked that sh!t down with absolutely no enjoy ment.... eat chicken instead, or eggs, or hell anyhthing that you can enjoy.... you dont have to suffer just cause your on a budget... i beleive walmart sells chicken breast tenders with like a half gram of fat, 22 grams of protein, and zero carbs per serving, throw some seasoning on there, maybe some hot sause, and you gotta a good ass meal rather than a nasty ass shake with beter micronutrients, and damn close to the same macronutrients, if not better!