PDA

View Full Version : Trying to avoid getting arrested over this...

ampUP11
08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach and travelling via air, but would like to bring my whey with me so I don't have to buy anything when I'm there. What's the best type of container/labeling system I can do so that they don't think I'm up to no good?

Cumulonimbus
08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
They're looking for you dude.

HunterCML
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I hear Myrtle Beach has meat.

WonderPug
While it may be stupid to travel by air with whey protein, it is not illegal to do so.

Kraken
Label it as Whey and take the chance of telling the truth and not looking shady when they found out what it is?

Check it in your bags, should be ok, since you aren't going out of the country.

ampUP11
08-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I hear Myrtle Beach has meat. Haha yea yea, I will be eating food for sure, just don't know the times I will be going to the fitness center at the hotel so having that post workout shake is just insurance until I can get a meal in afterwards.

WonderPug
08-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Haha yea yea, I will be eating food for sure, just don't know the times I will be going to the fitness center at the hotel so having that post workout shake is just insurance until I can get a meal in afterwards.You have about a 24 hour "anabolic window" post-workout to get your meal in, so I think you'll be fine without lugging whey protein along with you.

MTBMike737
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I always bring my supps on business trips, that includes NO Xplode, Whey, BCAA's, assorted vitamins, protein bars etc. Never had an issue, I have checked and carried on. Stop worrying.

ven33
08-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I fly almost every week. I bring powders on every time. Sometimes they hand check my bag, but it's not illegal to have powders on planes. So pack it and relax.

mike201011
08-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Why waste space that could be filled with clothes?
Just have a giant steak before or a few protein shakes if you prefer because it seems you do because you have to even bring it with you when you are travelling.

PhiSig2298
08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Put whey in a balloon, put balloon in anoos..

I always put my supps in my anoos when traveling

Inb4roidjokes

Geoloop
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
dont pack it like this (image below) and you should be fine

http://www.news4jax.com/2007/0406/11538859.jpg

Cumulonimbus
08-14-2011, 02:32 PM
When I travel I usually put whey in an old silly putty container and insert it into my anus and then to my rectum.

mike201011
08-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Put whey in a balloon, put balloon in anoos..I always put my supps in my anoos when traveling

What kind of 'supps'?
:D

mike201011
08-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Put whey in a balloon, put balloon in anoos..

I always put my supps in my anoos when traveling

Inb4roidjokes

When I travel I usually put whey in an old silly putty container and insert it into my anus and then to my rectum.

But OP, these would be the most economical choices.^^

HunterCML
08-14-2011, 02:33 PM
The government is ITT.

outb4youallgetbodycavitysearchesonyournextflights

ven33
08-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I find it funny how when anyone asks a question about whey powder on these forums they instantly get "OMG EAT A STEAK" comments. Come on guys...

PhiSig2298
08-14-2011, 02:43 PM
What kind of 'supps'?
:D

You name the supp, it's most likely been hidden in my bung..

ven33
08-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Why waste space that could be filled with clothes?
Just have a giant steak before or a few protein shakes if you prefer because it seems you do because you have to even bring it with you when you are travelling.

Have you considered the fact that he might be at this location for multiple days, not know the area well enough to get to places that have high protein meals, and need whey to assist in hitting his daily protein macro without exceeding his caloric limits?

hockeytownfan
08-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I find it funny how when anyone asks a question about whey powder on these forums they instantly get "OMG EAT A STEAK" comments. Come on guys... I agree. I don't use whey often, but sometimes I just feel like being fukcing lazy. Or want a snack I can take to a meeting or something and is easy to deal with. I wish I could pull out a t-bone at these times, but can't.

Cumulonimbus
08-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I find it funny how when anyone asks a question about whey powder on these forums they instantly get "OMG EAT A STEAK" comments. Come on guys... x2 fuuuuuuuu.jpg

Randy1976
08-14-2011, 02:50 PM
My friend double wraps his "whey" and tapes it to his body. That should work for you too!

Neptune34
08-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I've brought protein powder in a ziploc bag in airplane baggage with me, in addition to whole wheat pasta, oats, spices and other foods.... I was fine.

lvsteven
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach and travelling via air, but would like to bring my whey with me so I don't have to buy anything when I'm there. What's the best type of container/labeling system I can do so that they don't think I'm up to no good?

they sell whey in myrtle beach? or put it in the checked luggage.

PhiSig2298
08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
they sell whey in myrtle beach? or put it in the checked luggage.

He said "so I dont have to buy any there"...

Edit: saw your edit

phozosado
08-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd be more concerned that I was in Myrtle Beach.

spicyprice
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd be more concerned that I was in Myrtle Beach. This.........

trance__dreamer
08-14-2011, 04:02 PM
great anus jokes/10.

ErickStevens
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I traveled for years with protein in my carry on. Not a single fuk was given by TSA.

lvsteven
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
He said "so I dont have to buy any there"...

Edit: saw your edit

edit: edit: lol.

i have flown from Las vegas - reno... and have always put any powders, pills, or food items in checked baggage. They could care less what it is, as long as its in original retail packaging.

Honestly, you think theyre gonna wonder what that chocolate smelling powder in the suitcase they will likely never open is?

ampUP11
08-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Portioned out bags and labeled, put the bag in my shaker bottle so anyone who sees it might be able to add 2 + 2 together and figure out what it is. Just asking to be safe bros

tanikR32
08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I put 2 scoops of vanilla flavored (white) whey in each ziplock bag and then put the ziplocks in my shaker cup...had it in the side pocket of my carry-on bag and as Erick said not a single fuk was given
you will be fine

KeithTheSnake
08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Just bring the tub of crap with you in checked luggage. Nobody will care.

DON'T BUY A ONE-WAY TICKET.

Arch808
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I went to the philippines this past summer and filled half a large ziploc bag with 100% ON whey with no labeling and had no problems going to and from.

Even took some pills with with me in a small ziploc bag no label too and I was good getting it in.

ukno0003
08-14-2011, 07:01 PM
baggies and just label. I brought protein, creatine, and glutamine on the plane and they said nothing. You will be ok.

lovingit
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I carried some on in my purse the last time I flew and they didn't say jack to me about it. They did, however, confiscate my hairspray.

kkaustin812
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey, I was in myrtle beach this morning!

inb4coolstorybro

MAX.MAREK
08-14-2011, 08:49 PM
While it may be stupid to travel by air with whey protein, it is not illegal to do so.

Why stupid? I do it all the time. Never had one issue. Always have my shakez in bags within the shaker bottle. No issues. Ever.

HunterCML
08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Why stupid? I do it all the time. Never had one issue. Always have my shakez in bags within the shaker bottle. No issues. Ever.

Puggles is not a believer in supplementation as a way of receiving sustenance.

Apex702
08-15-2011, 02:30 AM

Yes but must he mention it in every thread on a website that sells said supplement(s)? Just saying.

mike201011
08-15-2011, 04:35 AM
Yes but must he mention it in every thread on a website that sells said supplement(s)? Just saying.

Yes.

Haligonian
08-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Bring two shakers

One filled up with a bunch of whey and your scooper, and one to mix your drinks in. Do not take in carry on.

You will be fine

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 04:42 AM

Yeah.. If he wants to do it then he's going to do it. Who gives a SHT if he does or not? He's a believer in eating food & not relying on supps. I'm with him on the more food > supps but I understand that some just can't eat that much, busy shedule (traveling, work schedule, etc) or are just lazy & want cheap calories. If Pugly wants to preach his old school ways, he can... Get over it. This forum section sifts out the website BS on the endless supplement propaganda

Justin_itm
08-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Leaving tomorrow for Myrtle Beach and travelling via air, but would like to bring my whey with me so I don't have to buy anything when I'm there. What's the best type of container/labeling system I can do so that they don't think I'm up to no good? You mean cell-tech?

Apex702
08-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah.. If he wants to do it then he's going to do it. Who gives a SHT if he does or not? He's a believer in eating food & not relying on supps. I'm with him on the more food > supps but I understand that some just can't eat that much, busy shedule (traveling, work schedule, etc) or are just lazy & want cheap calories. If Pugly wants to preach his old school ways, he can... Get over it. This forum section sifts out the website BS on the endless supplement propaganda

WHOAS!

Just saying, it's one thing to advocate whole foods but it's entirely different to make it seem like protein shakes do not offer a variety of benefits versus whole foods -- satiety notwithstanding. We're talking about protein shakes, I'm not pushing some BS MuscleTech propaganda over here, I'm simply saying that a protein shake or two is going to be inevitable in 95% of gym-goers lives, otherwise it wouldn't be the number one selling supplement on this website. How about everyone posting about whole foods get over that? It's a silly thing to preach if one asks about a shake or two.

HunterCML
08-15-2011, 06:56 AM
WHOAS!

Just saying, it's one thing to advocate whole foods but it's entirely different to make it seem like protein shakes do not offer a variety of benefits versus whole foods -- satiety notwithstanding. We're talking about protein shakes, I'm not pushing some BS MuscleTech propaganda over here, I'm simply saying that a protein shake or two is going to be inevitable in 95% of gym-goers lives, otherwise it wouldn't be the number one selling supplement on this website. How about everyone posting about whole foods get over that? It's a silly thing to preach if one asks about a shake or two.

No one who "preaches whole foods" cares or loses any sleep at night if people want to drink protein shakes. The reason whole foods instead of supplementation is brought up so often is because most supplement users believe there are special advantages to using their shakes.

We aren't saying "you phaggot be a man and get protein from meat". We're saying, "whole foods contain micronutrients beneficial to you health and supply adequate protein in and of themselves - I hope you haven't bought into the bodybuilding supplement hype that a protein in powder form is somehow benefiting you beyond food you probably already have in your kitchen."

As long as they know, I don't care if they rather a shake. That's great. You would be surprised all the bros that think whey is some super muscle-building-enhancement compound. I met/know a lot of silly and poorly educated people in real life who buy whey for this reason.

lovingit
08-15-2011, 07:05 AM
I'll be looking for OP on "I almost got away with it."

:p

Apex702
08-15-2011, 07:09 AM
No one who "preaches whole foods" cares or loses any sleep at night if people want to drink protein shakes. The reason whole foods instead of supplementation is brought up so often is because most supplement users believe there are special advantages to using their shakes.

We aren't saying "you phaggot be a man and get protein from meat". We're saying, "whole foods contain micronutrients beneficial to you health and supply adequate protein in and of themselves - I hope you haven't bought into the bodybuilding supplement hype that a protein in powder form is somehow benefiting you beyond food you probably already have in your kitchen."

As long as they know, I don't care if they rather a shake. That's great. You would be surprised all the bros that think whey is some super muscle-building-enhancement compound. I met/know a lot of silly and poorly educated people in real life who buy whey for this reason.

My simple point was no one asked if a shake was of any more benefit or advocated such. Yet the same few feel it absolutely necessary to mention whole foods are "better" than brotein shakes every time that coincidentally is usually irrelevant to the topic at hand. I eat whole foods. I also drink a shake 2 times a day. Why does anyone care?

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 07:16 AM
My simple point was no one asked if a shake was of any more benefit or advocated such. Yet the same few feel it absolutely necessary to mention whole foods are "better" than brotein shakes every time that coincidentally is usually irrelevant to the topic at hand. I eat whole foods. I also drink a shake 2 times a day. Why does anyone care?

Majority of the time it looks like this..

Poster: "how many calories do I need? I usually have 2-3 whey shakes"

Pug: "I suggest reading the stickies & fixing your post. Why do you use whey 2-3 times per day?"

Poster: "I wanna get huge/ripped"

Pug: "Oh, dear"

Like Chad said, if a person uses whey to "supplement" with their diet, I'm cool with it. I actually used whey yesterday to cook with. But there are some that think it's magical.

Not to mention most of them say they are hungry or "starving"

joelash302
08-15-2011, 07:21 AM
People who transport powder drugs don't do so in obvious containers on commercial flights. You're fine.

Apex702
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Majority of the time it looks like this..

Poster: "how many calories do I need? I usually have 2-3 whey shakes"

Pug: "I suggest reading the stickies & fixing your post. Why do you use whey 2-3 times per day?"

Poster: "I wanna get huge/ripped"

Pug: "Oh, dear"

Like Chad said, if a person uses whey to "supplement" with their diet, I'm cool with it. I actually used whey yesterday to cook with. But there are some that think it's magical.

Not to mention most of them say they are hungry or "starving"

This is more like what I see...on a regular basis.

Thread Example 1

Poster: I want to start using a good protein shake, what do you guys recommend?

WonderPug: Whole Food.

Thread Example 2

Poster: How many grams of whey should I consume daily?

LOL. I understand his stance, but it's like the "BRB's" on this site. Slight overkill.

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 07:31 AM
This is more like what I see...on a regular basis.

Thread Example 1

Poster: I want to start using a good protein shake, what do you guys recommend?

Thread Example 2oT
Poster: How many grams of whey should I consume daily?

LOL. I understand his stance, but it's like the "BRB's" on this site. Slight overkill.

To be fair, there's a supplement section. I never post in there but I'm 99% positive that Pug doesn't post in there

Roniboney
08-15-2011, 07:36 AM
reminds me of when I flew to France with creatine in my hand luggage as there wasn't enough space in my suitcase.I hadn't closed the lid properly and the secuirty checked me.It opened up.Well lets just say its not a good thing to open someones bag and to see a poof of white powder.Held me up for an hour.Got the sniffer dogs and everything.Good thing I speak French cos if I hadn't I would literally have had to prepare my anus

Jessevale
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
People who transport powder drugs don't do so in obvious containers on commercial flights. You're fine.

But that's why it's so brilliant! Nobody will suspect a thing if I put a kilo of winter wonderland in my shaker bottle!

Roniboney
08-15-2011, 07:42 AM
But that's why it's so brilliant! Nobody will suspect a thing if I put a kilo of winter wonderland in my shaker bottle!

yep nobody will,but that pack of 100lb german shepherds in the K9 unit might

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 07:44 AM

Pretty sure snow would melt

Haligonian
08-15-2011, 07:48 AM
I think we all know and can agree that there is nothing wrong with taking Whey protein. The difference is knowing that we don't have to rely on it as a main protein source in our diets, and to use it when we see fit and not because we're paranoid our muscles will fall off if we don't.

Cumulonimbus
08-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Whey > Meat

Sorry guys, but it's the truff. FFAA and BCAA profile in whey is superior to meat.

sawoobley
08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I think we all know and can agree that there is nothing wrong with taking Whey protein. The difference is knowing that we don't have to rely on it as a main protein source in our diets, and to use it when we see fit and not because we're paranoid our muscles will fall off if we don't.

Whey > Meat

Sorry guys, but it's the truff. FFAA and BCAA profile in whey is superior to meat.

^This. You get a lot of protein per calorie with whey. It's a good way to supplement your protein intake especially if you don't want to eat a lot of meat everyday.

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Whey > Meat

Considering I get more than enough protein, I go by taste & price.. Since I raise my own beef, it's cheaper for me to slaughter a cow & eat on it for a year than it is to buy whey

MAX.MAREK
08-15-2011, 08:52 AM

ya i know, but it still doesnt make it stupid, as he stated. sometimes when we travel, we need to do the best we can, and if whey is a way to get some extra protein in while we travel, its actually SMART. ill take a strawberry whey shake over chocolate milk, as he LOVES, any day.

Cumulonimbus
08-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Considering I get more than enough protein, I go by taste & price.. Since I raise my own beef, it's cheaper for me to slaughter a cow & eat on it for a year than it is to buy whey Still a difference between how much you get and the quality of it. More is not better, better is better.

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Still a difference between how much you get and the quality of it. More is not better, better is better.

Maybe so but it's more practical for me to eat meat. The only food I eat by myself is a snack around 4:00 pm. My wife comes home for lunch & we have dinner as a family so it's just easier for me to save the money I'd spend on whey and eat the meat that we have..

I don't think I'd benefit more from whey than I would from my current protein sources.

t.willou
08-15-2011, 10:00 AM
But but... Guise, if it fits his macros, who cares what the source is?! I thought macros was all that mattered?!

Phuck, phuck - I been doing it wrong this whole time. FML :D

Kidding.

Serious time though. What's with the hate on the PP? Only straight dumbasses use just supplements to fuel their bodies. Common sense tells us whole foods > supplements, but supps are still a great tool if used properly and in moderation.

juliacheh
08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I brought food on the plane with no issues, however I had a child traveling with me.
inbefore cool story.

Lvisaa2
08-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Protein powder is yummy. Chocolate PB flavoring with 90% of the calories coming from protein.... I'm in. I love meat, though. I could easily eat BWx2/3 in protein a day. A nice mix of the two is wonderful, but there is nothing wrong with getting most of your protein from either source, aside from the lack of variety.

PhiSig2298
08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Protein powder is yummy. Chocolate PB flavoring with 90% of the calories coming from protein.... I'm in. I love meat, though. I could easily eat BWx2/3 in protein a day.

I cooked some pumpkin cookies the other day with EAS vanilla & I tasted some by itself and it was pretty good. Protein powder has come a long way taste wise. Still hard for me to drop like $50 on a big tub of the extra tasty stuff though

HunterCML
08-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Can't really stand protein shakes. Zero satiety for me personally. However, proats are the bomb. Trying some weird nobake cheesecake banana proats today. I hope it comes out good.

Wish me luck.

Lvisaa2
08-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Can't really stand protein shakes. Zero satiety for me personally. However, proats are the bomb. Trying some weird nobake cheesecake banana proats today. I hope it comes out good.

Wish me luck.

I agree that shakes don't do it for me. Protein concoctions are where it's at. Proats/Sludge/fluff. Everyday powo, I have 1 cup of CC and some C'n'C Whey. Love in dat dere mouth.

Apex702
08-15-2011, 11:34 AM
I just have my shake with my breakfast and dinner, but then there's that pesky how much protein can you digest in one sitting debate...

I'm kidding...

bmontgomery87
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM

loled