PDA

View Full Version : enriched flour in the ingredients

OMFGiTziDark
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I looked all over the forums and cant find a straight up answer so i decided to make a new thread.
When something like Cheez-its contains enriched flour is it really that bad for you and does it cause a insulin spike. Because it looks like enriched flour is when vitamins are just readded to the flour.

snorkelman
08-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Whether Cheez-Its are ideal does not depend on whether they have enriched white flour in them.

I will just let synthetic educate you, since he is roaming the boards today.

Dujin77
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I think it is slightly amusing that your eating cheez-its and worrying about insulin spikes.

But to answer your question, enriched flour is as you described it, and no it is not going to cause some crazy insulin spike. Besides the only people who need to worry about insulin and blood sugar are diabetics, so eat your cheez-its and enjoy em.

OMFGiTziDark
08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I think it is slightly amusing that your eating cheez-its and worrying about insulin spikes.

But to answer your question, enriched flour is as you described it, and no it is not going to cause some crazy insulin spike. Besides the only people who need to worry about insulin and blood sugar are diabetics, so eat your cheez-its and enjoy em.

I was wondering if it's alright to eat them as a snack in the middle of the day or better to eat them after a workout.

aspengc8
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I was wondering if it's alright to eat them as a snack in the middle of the day or better to eat them after a workout. Cheez-its are best as intra-workout. Eat them while you are lifting. You want the insulin spike during your workout. Post workout go with something like whole grain corn chips or sun chips.