PDA

View Full Version : On Olive Oil (nutrition buffs GTFIH!!)

Aftiel
08-07-2011, 09:18 PM
i'm starting up the fall->winter bulk and i've had a lot of people tell me that throwing gratuitous amounts of olive oil in their protein shakes,glasses of OJ, etc. is a really easy way to get calories.

is this a good idea for someone bulking or is it just going to make me fat? here are the nutrition facts for the olive oil i would use and here is what my fitday for today's intake WOULD look like if i threw in all this olive oil

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2l8c6m0.jpg

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2vmd3cm.jpg

desslok
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Fat won't make you fat mang, its about calories/macros. Start with the sticky about calculating your calories and macros.

Aftiel
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Fat won't make you fat mang, its about calories/macros. Start with the sticky about calculating your calories and macros.

outside of macros + calorie intake, are there any known health risks for taking in too much olive oil??

Andrew_S
08-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Question. Why supplement whey when you're getting 370+ grams of protein without it? Just a personal preference thing? And 16 tablespoons of olive oil? I know it's late...did I fall asleep and now I'm dreaming? :D

yieldtonothing
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
6500 calories

i hate you

desslok
08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
outside of macros + calorie intake, are there any known health risks for taking in too much olive oil??

If you take "too much", it will feel like shards of glass coming out. Not sure why, but you can believe me or learn the hard way <muahahahaha>

Aftiel
08-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Question. Why supplement whey when you're getting 370+ grams of protein without it? Just a personal preference thing? And 16 tablespoons of olive oil? I know it's late...did I fall asleep and now I'm dreaming? :D

i'm pretty new to the whole nutrition deal, is there a such thing as taking in -too much- protein?? and the olive oil is something i've heard about people doing during bulks. you can dump it into protein shakes and orange juice for free (not exactly free) calories

6500 calories

i hate you

i'm dyin to get big, man

If you take "too much", it will feel like shards of glass coming out. Not sure why, but you can believe me or learn the hard way <muahahahaha>

i heard eating the bottle promotes liver health..OM NOM NOM

403Boss
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Fat intake seems unnecessarily high, lower fat and add more carbs. Anyone agree?

Arethusa
08-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Fat intake seems unnecessarily high, lower fat and add more carbs. Anyone agree?

Not going to matter really.

K2Valor
08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
All those calories and only one serving of nutella?*

kusok
08-07-2011, 10:41 PM
i'm dyin to get big, man

You will not speed it up muscle gain anymore. Muscle gain is a SLOW process. You will simply add fat to your belly :D

Have you tried bulking at lower caloric intakes? Is your bodyweight going up? By how much weekly? Are your lifts going up? By how much? What kind of exercise and other activity do you do? Extremely active job? Endurance athlete? How can you burn 6'500 calories daily??? A very distant cousin of mine trains 4-5 hours daily (Olympic swim team) and he eats in that ballpark.