PDA

View Full Version : Mag-10 and 6 OXO

Stickball
06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
I plan go on a cycle of Mag-10 and will be taking 6 OXO post cycle. I'm buying 2 bottles of Mag-10, and was wondering if I should take double dosage and have a really strong 2 on 2 off cycle, or if I should take regular dosage and do the 2 on 2 off 2on 2off. What would you recommend? Also will one bottle of 6 OXO be good for each 2 week off period?

So in other words, if I do the 8 week cycle, I'd be buying 2 bottles of Mag10 and 2 of 6OXO. If I do a 4 week I'll get 2 bottles of Mag10 and 1 bottle of 6OXO.

I'll be lifting 5 days a week and am 5'11" 190lbs, I plan on hitting 200lbs with this cycle. So back to the original question, should I do the 4 or 8 week cycle?

Highlander
06-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Go 4 wks straight on then 2 botles of 6oxo for four weeks.

Stickball
06-17-2003, 02:51 PM
4 on and 4 off? I never really thought of doing that. Does anybody else have opinions or experiences on doing that?

Eye2_Man
06-17-2003, 03:13 PM
I had 3 bottles of Mag10 and finished one of them last Friday. It's really good and was also wondering if after a two break would it be cool to go another 4 weeks on. The email from BiotestEdge reccommended not doing that. 2 on, 2 off is better in their opinion to maintain lean gains without increasing bodyfat.

The finished bottle of Mag10 had 16 doses in it. I tried 2 a day for a couple days. That was good. Real good.

Stickball
06-17-2003, 07:35 PM
So would you recommend double dosage? I need more feedback b4 my cycle. Would I see better gains taking 2 bottles over an 8 week... 2 on 2 off 2 on 2 off cycle......... or a 2 on 2 off cycle with double dosage? Also... how does this stuff affect your endurance? I haven't read anything about that yet.

Oh yea, what kinds of gains did you guys notice on your bench, squat, etc. I mostly read about how much LBM people gained, I am more interested in increasing my stregnth.

Eye2_Man
06-17-2003, 09:34 PM
It's up to you how you want to dose yourself. If you train extra hard 6 or 7 days a week and feel sore, try a second serving 12 hours later. The recovery properties are unreal. You'll be ready to hit it again the next day. Somewhere I read that 2 doses a day if affordable should be done. But can't find it now. It said not to sweat it if you can't, you'll still make tremendous gains.

I hit personal bests in flat bench and deadlift. Screwed up on the squats though by taking the prior week off and losing conditioning. Still able to put up good numbers (for me) with higher reps.

1.1% drop in bodyfat for a net gain of 6.5 pounds of lean mass. That was in 2 weeks with one dose a day pretty much.

OK, it's on Biotest's website page for the Plan for Success. 6th paragraph from top.

Stickball
06-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Thanks Eye_2Man, does anybody else want to share their experiences and recommended dosages? As of now I'm thinking of a single dosage. I only lift like 5, sometimes 6 days a week. Anybody wanna tell me about how Mag-10 affected their endurance? I'm hoping it either is good for or doesn't affect endurance.

Stickball
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh yea... how many calories a day should I be eating if I weigh about 190?

Eye2_Man
06-18-2003, 12:58 PM
It depends on how many pounds you want to gain. There's probably an upper limit on how much the Mag-10 will assist in converting food to muscle.

It worked out almost exactly right in my case. 3500-4000 calories a day. That's 1000-1500 above maintenance for 14 days. Average it out to 1250. (1250x14)/3500 = 5. That's 5 pounds gained in two weeks. Actual scale gain was 4.5 pounds. Add in the BF loss of 1.1% and you get a total of 6.5 lb gain in LBM.

The bad thing is, you probably don't want to intake much more than 400g of protein per day. So your 40/40/20 macro-nutrient split is shot. You'll have to eat more carbs and fat if you go above 4000 cals per day. Although 500g's of carbs is near optimal, it'd probably be more difficult to maintain lean gains by adding on even more grams of carbs (and fat).

If you're a lumberjack or have some other hard job that can keep the carb shuttling to fat away, the limit is probably in the range of 7500-10k per day.

Stickball
06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
I play college football. Summer workouts we run a ****load, so idk how I'm going to get as many calories as i need. Especially since I can't eat within like 2 hours b4 practice so that I dont puke up my food.

Eye2_Man
06-18-2003, 01:15 PM
So that means the number of your maintenance calories is much higher than the average Joe. 1250 additional calories per day over a two week period should still be close to a 5 pound gain in scale weight. You just need to figure out a close approximation to what your maintenance level is (that is while you are on cycle)and add 1250 to it. With all that running you might even want to add a few hundred more.

Stickball
06-18-2003, 02:48 PM
I dont think I'm going to be able to eat all of them calories without some other supplement to feed me them. What would you recommend for that? I'm too poor after buying the Mag10 and 6OXO for anything good, so NLarge II and stuff is out of the question. Think a nice big tub of whey protein would do me well at double dosage?

morrowad
06-18-2003, 02:53 PM
What exactly is 6-OXO and how does it differ from other anti-estrogens?

Stickball
06-18-2003, 02:59 PM
6 OXO is one of the best post cycle supplements available. It removes excess estrogen after a cycle of pro hormones or steroids, to get rid of some of your water retention, which causes puffiness and smoothness to your body. It also helps bring your testosterone levels down to a safe and regular level after a cycle, because without some sort of post cycle supplemnt, your test levels would be below normal. Hope this helps, if you need more info on it, there's plenty of into floating around on the board.

morrowad
06-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info Stickball. I have already ordered 1-AD and 6-OXO.

I do have another question. I am hesitant to try prohormones. About two years ago my doctor prescribed me a drug that a side effect was that it lowered my testosterone, and possible raised my estrogen. I was on it only a short time, but I noticed that I did develop a soft puffy look. Through diet and exercise I have never been able to get as cut as I was before this drug. Do you think it would hurt to try 6-OXO even if I haven't cycled a prohormone?

Stickball
06-18-2003, 11:19 PM
6 OXO would absolutely help. If I may quote ErgoPharm (company that makes the stuff)...

"Okay, am I saying that one has to be a prohormone or steroid user to find 6-OXO™ useful? Certainly not! Even if you never touch prohormones/steroids you can obtain a very substantial and beneficial increase in natural testosterone production by taking nothing but 6-OXO™. For those that are wary of hormonal supplements and their effects on the bodies endocrine balance, yet still want to obtain the benefits of increased testosterone levels, 6-OXO™ offers a very safe and effective alternative."

Basically it will still increase your testosterone and will definately remove excess estrogens from your body, so I highly recommend you take 6 OXO. You said you alread bought some, so your one step ahead of me. Make sure you tell us all how your cycle goes.

Glad I Could Help.

morrowad
06-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Thanks...all though I also bourght the 1-AD, I think I'll just try out the 6-OXO. I'll report my results.

Stickball
06-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Nobody has answered my question about endurance yet... can somebody please help me out???