PDA

View Full Version : Cam already reportedly better than Clausen

cor030
08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Clausen running the 1's looks like it could be short lived. Noticeable difference

Painfully obvious cam is already ahead of Clausen. It's night and day.

Steve Smith gets up shaking his head after Clausen throws behind him and is nearly picked off.

Cam completes all his passes first time through. Clausen back in and promptly puts 89 in a position to get killed. Awful throw.

I legit feel bad for Jimmy. Not only is he getting outplayed by a project QB that many thought couldn't read a playbook, he also gets boo'd every mistake he makes by his own fans in the first week of training camp. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him cut.

melanimal_old
08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
lol

The_Albatross
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
needs to get his sideways ears fixed.

Its like looking at a mr. potato head that a small child assembled.

PP7DaFreak
08-01-2011, 09:44 PM
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/jclausen002.jpg

Masstastic
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I legit feel bad for Jimmy. Not only is he getting outplayed by a project QB that many thought couldn't read a playbook, he also gets boo'd every mistake he makes by his own fans in the first week of training camp. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him cut.

I was predicting his failure long before the draft, even into the regular season when he was at Notre Dame. He had maxed out his potential at Notre Dame in his Junior Year because there was nothing for him to improve on at Notre Dame. He was in a Pro Style Offense geared towards his success, he had adequate arm strength, adequate accuracy, & really had no upside. Teams would much rather take a flyer on a guy who isnt a finished product and needs some things to work on than a guy who is NFL ready but doesnt have 1 great quality. A guy who is a Boom/Bust QB like Newton has a higher upside overall because he has something a coach can mold for 2-3 years. When you factor in his entitled attitude thanks to Rivals/ESPN/Tom Lemming hyping him up all throughout HS, and he was destined to fail as soon as he faced adversity.

Motivatedd if you're still lurking. I told you so homo.

cor030
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I was predicting his failure long before the draft, even into the regular season when he was at Notre Dame. He had maxed out his potential because there was nothing for him to improve on at Notre Dame. He was in a Pro Style Offense geared towards his success, he had adequate arm strength, adequate accuracy, & really had no upside. Teams would much rather take a flyer on a guy who isnt a finished product and needs some things to work on than a guy who is NFL ready but doesnt have 1 great quality. When you factor in his entitled attitude thanks to Rivals/ESPN/Tom Lemming hyping him up all throughout HS, and he was destined to fail as soon as he faced adversity.

Motivatedd if you're still lurking. I told you so homo.

I mean don't get me wrong, Cam is also making mistakes. I may have made it seem otherwise. It's just kinda mind blowing a guy as raw as Cam is outperforming a guy who's been in the NFL a year and has chemistry with the majority of the starters.

All the guys covering the training camp say Cam's attitude is infectious and everyone already loves him, while guys like Smitty seem to hate Clausen. Cam has already broken out huge runs in training camp for TD's(could be Cam being Cam, or could be the same ol' Panthers run defense).

I have low win expectations but Cam is going to be one of the most exciting players in the league to watch next year.

FGZY
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
i am so surprised clausen is sucha bust, this kid was a hot recruit coming out of HS, has all of the potential in the world. but im starting to realize as you said that he most likely maxed out on his potential. mcshay actually said this leading up to the 10 draft. wow, he actually got something right for once

atlathlete1
08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Cam's athleticism helps too make up for his flaws. Clausen also sucks so it is not that hard to outshine him.

Liangtastic
08-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Steve Smith gets up shaking his head after Clausen throws behind him and is nearly picked off.

lol I feel so bad for Steve.

jross2021
08-02-2011, 09:10 AM
i am so surprised clausen is sucha bust, this kid was a hot recruit coming out of HS

lol, so was Jacory Harris, lol @ being a "hot recruit" out of HS meaning you'll be a success in the NFL.

charity4thepoor
08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
it's all training camp though. even though clausen is god awful. reports are gabbert is way out performing garrard, but when the pads and helmets go on i doubt that will stay true (for now).

joedirt87
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
You could have one of those pop up dummy's are your QB and it would be better than Clausen. The kid sucks, and anyone who thought he would be something in the NFL should never speculate on how a prospect will turn out in the NFL ever again.

PumpAndGrow
08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
obvious cam starting is obvious

Jacket60
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
All the guys covering the training camp say Cam's attitude is infectious and everyone already loves him, while guys like Smitty seem to hate Clausen. Cam has already broken out huge runs in training camp for TD's(could be Cam being Cam, or could be the same ol' Panthers run defense).

Not all of the first team defense was practicing though.

dekd
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
But Clausen went to ND guise. That automatically makes him the greatest quarterback in history

Big_Spaz
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
it's all training camp though. even though clausen is god awful. reports are gabbert is way out performing garrard, but when the pads and helmets go on i doubt that will stay true (for now).

Gabbert is going to be a stud. But your right, he won't play this year regardless of how great he looks.

-Spaz

chlaxman
08-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I think I'm probably better at qb than clauson

Masstastic
08-02-2011, 11:31 AM
lol, so was Jacory Harris, lol @ being a "hot recruit" out of HS meaning you'll be a success in the NFL.

Jacory Harris was never as hyped as Jimmy Clausen. If we're talking about a "hot recruit" who let down Miami you're thinking of Kyle Wright, who was supposed to be the guy who led those ultra talented Miami offenses/defenses to National Championships.

mustang
08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
It's still the first few days of camp. This doesn't mean anything.

Jimmy threw for 28tds and only 4ints his Jr year. I watched a lot of his games and think that he is the real deal, so I haven't given up on him yet. I think he is in one of those situations right now though, that he cannot win no matter what.

Tes45
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
It's still the first few days of camp. This doesn't mean anything.

Jimmy threw for 28tds and only 4ints his Jr year. I watched a lot of his games and think that he is the real deal, so I haven't given up on him yet. I think he is in one of those situations right now though, that he cannot win no matter what.

He's actually just a really ****ty NFL QB though

ezmac31
08-02-2011, 12:13 PM
this will be a run most of the time team anyway. cams speed will keep the backside staying home which will really help deangelo and stewart (ala VY/chris johnson). given the alternatives and where he was drafted, i dont see how you dont start cam week 1.

SpiderSense
08-02-2011, 12:48 PM
God just look at the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam stuffed Clausen in a locker on day one.

wsuwarrior
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM
But Clausen went to ND guise. That automatically makes him the greatest quarterback in history

Worked for Joe Montana.

NJStrongbod
08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
God just look at the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam stuffed Clausen in a locker on day one. http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff272/kingzzcard/YJMALEm156.jpg

regGQ
08-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Damn Cam is bigger than I thought.

6'5 @ 250lbs beasting

joedirt87
08-02-2011, 01:47 PM
http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Jimmy-Clausen1.jpg

rumpsicle
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
motivatedd lmao