PDA

View Full Version : Everybody talking Eagles, Patriots, the big winners in the offseason, the truth is...

SpiderSense
08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
The big winners IMO are the Saints.

BRB drafting Mark Ingram, releasing Reggie Bush, signing Darren Sproles.

The rich get richer.

DA_MOSS
08-01-2011, 06:32 PM
The big winners IMO are the Saints.

BRB drafting Mark Ingram, releasing Reggie Bush, signing Darren Sproles.

The rich get richer.

I surely hope so man! The NFC South should be tough again this year

cor030
08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I surely hope so man! The NFC South should be tough again this year

I think Saints take the division pretty easily TBH. Falcons may make it tough, but I can see the Saints finishing one or two games ahead of them.

chlaxman
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Saints didn't really improve their defense...they needed to

JM2412
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
So the Saints are the big winners just because they added Ingram and Sproles (while losing Bush)?

lolwut.

JKS4
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
...lol wut?

Strong football knowledge

SpiderSense
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
You include Bush like he was some stud?

What can he do that Sproles can't?

And I predict that Ingram will be ROY and dominate in NO.

cor030
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Eh, as long as they have Brees they'll be fine. No one in the NFC South has a defense that really sticks out anyways.

So the Saints are the big winners just because they added Ingram and Sproles (while losing Bush)?

lolwut.

Sproles is pretty much Reggie Bush. Ingram will also improve an already good offense.

I hate the Saints but I feel like a lot of people overrate the NFC South. I can't see the Buccaneers repeating 2010, Panthers are the Panthers(although I think they'll finish 6-10/7-9 if they're lucky), and Falcons will be competitive and take the wild card but I can't see them taking the conference like last year.

EDIT - although I disagree that they had the best offseason. It's gotta be the Eagles or Patriots.

chlaxman
08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Eh, as long as they have Brees they'll be fine. No one in the NFC South has a defense that really sticks out anyways.

Sproles is pretty much Reggie Bush. Ingram will also improve an already good offense.

I hate the Saints but I feel like a lot of people overrate the NFC South. I can't see the Buccaneers repeating 2010, Panthers are the Panthers(although I think they'll finish 6-10/7-9 if they're lucky), and Falcons will be competitive and take the wild card but I can't see them taking the conference like last year.

Sproles is nowhere near the level of Bush (and I don't like Bush). He just cost too much

That defense is not fine. Look at how bad it was against the Seahawks in the playoffs...

rsnnh12
08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
So 3 RB moves gives them the best offseason?

Didn't Colston have another knee surgery? Isn't Devery Henderson expected to be cut? Meachem does look/sound like he'll have a great year, but their top 2 receivers of last year have big question marks

Edit- I fully expect them to contend for the Super Bowl, but the offense seems to be gaining a little at RB and losing a little at WR...

MEGAMANLET
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
ITT: OP doesnt get news about other teams, just the saints. They upgraded one position and resigned roman harper to a 4 year deal lol... yeah, definitely better than the patriots or seahawks! /sarcasm.

wsuwarrior
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Sorry to break it to you but the Saints wont even make the playoffs this season.

bodybuilder127
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Saints lost to who in the playoffs last season?

DA_MOSS
08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Sorry to break it to you but the Saints wont even make the playoffs this season.

willing to do a sports misc ban bet on that? 6 months? 1 year?

Saints lost to who in the playoffs last season?

Seahawks... who won the Super Bowl in '10 (09 season)? Last year means nothing

GPx
08-02-2011, 06:27 AM
No homer, but I think the Chargers have had a pretty successful offseason so far.

Signed: Bob Sanders, Takeo Spikes, Travis Laboy
Resigned: Vincent Jackson (tender), Eric Weddle

Lost: Sproles (overpaid), Burnett, Siler, Applewhite.

If they resign Floyd, I'd give them a B+

joedirt87
08-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I give the Saints no credit for getting trolled by New England and giving up a 1st rounder in the 2012 draft to get Ingram. Sproles should be able to do exactly what Bush did. I give them some credit to the organization for being able to keep many of it's key guys when they had so many Free Agents.

F.A.M.E.
08-02-2011, 07:37 AM
LOL @ "picked up Darren Sproles". Should've just kept Reggie Bush. Sproles is shiit.

charity4thepoor
08-02-2011, 07:40 AM
jaguars /thread

SoCool
08-02-2011, 10:00 AM

You trolling brah?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Saints had the #4 defense in the leauge last year! People act like we got blown out in SEA but we lost by 5 points. Yea we gave up a ton of points but we were on the road in the playoffs with a gang of injuries. Our biggest need was to improve the running game. But how can you say we didn't improve defense? All our draft choices but Ingram were defense

1st round (24)- Cameron Jordan DE/DT Cal versatile playmaker could contribute right away
3rd round (72)- Martez Wilson LB (6'4 250) ILL explosive hitter then can rush the passer as well as play the run
Shaun Rodgers DT- 350lb run stuffer hopefully motivated to play on first SB contending team
Fabian Washington CB

Those are the notable players, got a few others including
CB Johnny Patrick 3rd round
DE Greg Romeus who projected as a 1st rounder before injury
All Pro DT Tom Johnson (CFL)
UFA Junior Galette pass rushing DE
UFA Deandre Mcdaiel S from Clemson who was suppose to be the first saftey off the board according to many "experts" before he ran a bad 40 and everyone remebered he beat the crap out of his girl 3 years ago.

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-02-2011, 10:04 AM
In b4 Falcons still finish higher than the Saints. Also FWIW Piere Thomas for sure and maybe Chris Ivory are both still better options than Ingram. Word from a lot of the old Bama fans is Ingrams knee never got back to 100%

Yank11
08-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Packers are big winners too that no one are talking about, adding all those injured players back to a super bowl quality team, and only lost a few starters

leafs43
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
no homer, but i think the chargers have had a pretty successful offseason so far.

Signed: Bob sanders
resigned: Eric weddle

lmao

Backus21
08-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Not big winners but I'm impressed with what stinky Pete has gotten done in seattle. I mean Jackson most likely isn't the longterm answer but he could do alright. Gallery was way overpaid in Oakland but he's a solid player. Rice is a beast and with him and Williams it'll make it easier on Jackson to not **** up lol

TopsecretWaffle
08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
You trolling brah?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Saints had the #4 defense in the leauge last year! People act like we got blown out in SEA but we lost by 5 points. Yea we gave up a ton of points but we were on the road in the playoffs with a gang of injuries. Our biggest need was to improve the running game. But how can you say we didn't improve defense? All our draft choices but Ingram were defense

1st round (24)- Cameron Jordan DE/DT Cal versatile playmaker could contribute right away
3rd round (72)- Martez Wilson LB (6'4 250) ILL explosive hitter then can rush the passer as well as play the run
Shaun Rodgers DT- 350lb run stuffer hopefully motivated to play on first SB contending team
Fabian Washington CB

Those are the notable players, got a few others including
CB Johnny Patrick 3rd round
DE Greg Romeus who projected as a 1st rounder before injury
All Pro DT Tom Johnson (CFL)
UFA Junior Galette pass rushing DE
UFA Deandre Mcdaiel S from Clemson who was suppose to be the first saftey off the board according to many "experts" before he ran a bad 40 and everyone remebered he beat the crap out of his girl 3 years ago. this

SoCool
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Word from a lot of the old Bama fans is Ingrams knee never got back to 100%

http://lstrong.lenderama.com/files/2011/02/strong-logo1.jpg

PyschoDog
08-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Watch out for the Seahawks this season! It's gonna be a good one! haha

Antonio519
08-02-2011, 12:18 PM
No homer, but I think the Chargers have had a pretty successful offseason so far.

Signed: Bob Sanders, Takeo Spikes, Travis Laboy
Resigned: Vincent Jackson (tender), Eric Weddle

Lost: Sproles (overpaid), Burnett, Siler, Applewhite.

If they resign Floyd, I'd give them a B+

Bob Sanders is good for about half a regular season game if he makes it out of the PreSeason

Dynamiik
08-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Gonna lmao when Ingram turns out to be a Bust.

Antonio519
08-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Gonna lmao when Ingram turns out to be a Bust.

I don't think he'll end up a bust, but lets be reality Spidey just loves trying to be different

brb 1 running back changes the whole team

SpiderSense
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Herp derp why do they need to change a whole team?

Were you not paying attention at all?

They were a top team in offense and defense last year.

They won the Super Bowl the year before that.

LMAO how much do they need to change?

GTFOH all they needed IMO was a feature back.

SMH at defense, herp derp with that offense the defense won't ever be on the field.

Harrock
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Saints won't be beter than Falcons. Prepare your angus Saint's fans. Matty Ice is coming up.

GrecoRoman
08-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Falcons are winning the division, I have the Saints winning one wildcard spot and the other goes to the 2nd best team in the NFC east. Eagles Falcons and Packers are a step above the rest of the NFC.

QB_Killa
08-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Ingram and Sproles better pick ups than Aso? Okay buddy.