PDA

View Full Version : Players to look out for in preseason?

Mj-drewfan32
08-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Philly:
Jaiquawn Jarret
mnCQkoIZOFg

Solid player, likes to hit. Brian Dawkins 2.0? maybe? hopefully? lol

Phillip Hunt:
looking solid at training camp. Explosive.

Mike Kafka:
Want to see what he can do this preseason.

Dion Lewis:
Small guy but has a big heart. Reminds me of Brian Westbrook.

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Patriots:

QB, 23, Ryan Mallet:
QB that could succeed Brady, nuf said.

RB, 22, Stevan Ridley/RB, 22, Shane Vereen:
Just an interesting pair of HBs we picked up in the draft.

WR, 23, Taylor Price:
Hurt a lot of last year and didn't get his chance to shine much.

OG, 23, Marcus Cannon(If he plays):
Projected for the first round, but then got diagnosed with lymphoma. 6'5 358 pound guard.

DT, 30, Albert Haynesworth:
Obviously, a big pick up this season, be interesting to see what he does if he plays.

CB, 23, Ras-I Dowling:
I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a good CB we picked up from the draft

DA_MOSS
08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Mark Ingram -- excited to see him against an NFL defense. Hopefully our back of the future (or the now)

iamgenus
08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
49ers:

Pretty much all the rookies

Aldon Smith - can he be that pass rusher we've needed for years?

Colin Kaepernick - is he the future at the QB position?

Bruce Miller - is he able to convert to a FB? If he plays at OLB can he generate a pass rush?

Non rookies

Phillip Adams - 2nd year player drafted in the 7th round and looked pretty good as a backup but broke his ankle late in the year. Is he fully healed and can he step up at a big need position?

Ray McDonald - got starters money, can he live up to it

Kyle Williams - can he stay healthy and become a good slot guy

Ahmad Brooks - can he be more an every down OLB?
Kendall Hunter - can he beat out Anthony Dixon for #2 behind Gore?

Chris Culliver - does he have ability to play corner?

joedirt87
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm hoping that Clayborn and Bowers can show something in pre-season, otherwise its going to be another year of no defensive pressure from my Bucs.

Beside the big name guys, I am interested in seeing Ryan Williams. Was a beast at VT who should be able to handle the load in Arizona. Could easily take the #1 job from Wells with a solid pre-season.

Liangtastic
08-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Vince Young...want to see if we will be in good hands should Vick go down this season.

And of course, I would like to see how they play our three corners.

charity4thepoor
08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Austen Lane is gonna crack some heads this year!

jross2021
08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Steelers:

Charlie Batch
Baron Batch

JaxBrah
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Ravens

Jmmy Smith. 1st rd pick, basically a nnamdi clone. Not jusg physically (6'2 211) but also talent. Hopefilly he can reach that potential. A lot of analysts considered him the best corber prospect, but his off the field problems knocked him back. Easy top 10 talent

Sergio kindle. Stud olb out of texas last year. Cracked his skull before last season and is cleared for this season.

woahhh
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Dont forget Jamar Chaney OP. Maybe Casey Mathews?

IawI
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
username: Mj-drewfan32

sig:Philly Eagles fan

interdasting....

NORCALpump
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Corey Luiget
Jonas Mouton (people have been saying good things about this kid at practice)
Shareece Wright

thegenerel
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
ITT:
1) everyone posting all their teams 2010/11 draft picks
2) a moron posting Albert Haynesworth. oh yea, never heard of him. he might finally reach his potential now!

wsuwarrior
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Packers:

Randall Cobb - 2nd round pick this year out of Kentucky. Excited to see what he can bring as a returner and slot receiver. Donald Driver's successor with return skills.

Mike Neal - 2nd round pick last year, had season cut short with a shoulder injury and surgery. He is taking over for Cullen Jenkins in the Packers ever continuing youth movement. Strong as fukk, I hope the dude can play and provide some pass rush as well.

Ryan Grant - Can he come back from injury as take over as the starter at RB?

James Starks - Will try to become starter at RB after having a monster post season.

Jermichael Finley - The next best TE in the league, lost to injury last season as the case for many Packer players.

Derrek Sherrod - Drafted as the LT of the future, but has been practicing at LG.

Mj-drewfan32
08-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Dont forget Jamar Chaney OP. Maybe Casey Mathews?

I really like Chaney, i think he will be a star in a couple of years, has tremendous speed. As for Casey Matthews, sure he won't be as good as his brother but wait for him. He's smart and really has good football knowledge.

username: Mj-drewfan32

sig:Philly Eagles fan

interdasting....

Am a huge Jones-drew fan (he is the reason why i played football irl, he stands at 5'7 and when i watched him in College, he inspired me) and Philly has always been my favorite nfl team, been a fan long long time ago, long before Nnamdi came to town. Also don't care if people believe me or not, all my buddies irl know am a huge Eagle fan, and know that i never miss any game(preseason, regular, or postseason) not a bandwagon.

Mj-drewfan32
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
bump for tomorrows games.

ESPforMe
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Lions- Demario Ballard. Basically Megatron 2.0 physically. 6'6" 220+ 4.4 40

Not sure if he'll make the team or not. Don't see him on ST so he'll have to make it as a WR and he's still raw. Tons of potential though

poppa_boner
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Titans :

QB, Jake Locker
RB, Javon Ringer
WR, Damian Williams
CB, Alteraun Verner
DE, Derrick Morgan
MLB - Barrett Ruud
OLB - Rennie Curran
OLB - Akeem Ayers
DT Jurrell Casey