PDA

View Full Version : why are NL playoff teams offenses such sh*t?

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Seriously. Looks at these f*cking offenses

Phillies: Howard...I dont even know who f*cking bats next its so bad.

Braves: Some guy with Can in his name and does Jason Hayward still hit HR's sometimes?

Giants: Posey.....uhh...yea

Brewers: Actually respectable lineup.

What the f*ck? How do none of you have a respectable offense.

Let's compare now:

Red Sox: Ellsbury, Pedey, A-Gon, Youk, Ortiz, Crawford, Salty, Reddick (yep we can call someone up from AAA and he instantly sh*ts on you)

Yankees: Cano, A-Rod, Tex, Gardner, Grandy, Swisher,

Rangers: Young, Hamilton, Andrus, Beltre, Moreland, Cruz, Kinsler

Tigers: V-Mart, Peralta, Miggy, Boesch, Ordonez

Angels: Ok, they belong with the NL group

Discuss

Packers64
08-01-2011, 12:06 PM
So according to these two thread the brewers should be the team that heads to the AL after realignment.

baseball_player
08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
I like it when you supported each claim with evidence and stats.

Jayarbie
08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Seriously. Looks at these f*cking offenses

Phillies: Howard...I dont even know who f*cking bats next its so bad.

Braves: Some guy with Can in his name and does Jason Hayward still hit HR's sometimes?

Giants: Posey.....uhh...yea

Brewers: Actually respectable lineup.

What the f*ck? How do none of you have a respectable offense.

Let's compare now:

Red Sox: Ellsbury, Pedey, A-Gon, Youk, Ortiz, Crawford, Salty, Reddick (yep we can call someone up from AAA and he instantly sh*ts on you)

Yankees: Cano, A-Rod, Tex, Gardner, Grandy, Swisher,

Rangers: Young, Hamilton, Andrus, Beltre, Moreland, Cruz, Kinsler

Tigers: V-Mart, Peralta, Miggy, Boesch, Ordonez

Angels: Ok, they belong with the NL group

Discuss

Three words: Halladay. Hamels. Lee.

ATownDRock
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I just want Rickie Back!!! Waaaaaaaahhhh

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Three words: Halladay. Hamels. Lee.
its not hockey man, you dont get a point for a 0-0 tie

Jayarbie
08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
its not hockey man, you dont get a point for a 0-0 tie

Don't worry, we have enough to score one run. That's all we need.

AmazinJason
08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
lol worst trolling job in history. do you even watch baseball?

mentions posey for the giants offense when he's out for the season and their best hitter is their newly acquired beltran. and pablo ain't bad either.

can't think of utley, pence, victorino, or rollins.

this phaggot doesn't watch baseball, nothing to see here, move along.

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 12:18 PM
lol worst trolling job in history. do you even watch baseball?

mentions posey for the giants offense when he's out for the season and their best hitter is their newly acquired beltran. and pablo ain't bad either.

can't think of utley, pence, victorino, or rollins.

this phaggot doesn't watch baseball, nothing to see here, move along.
so unaware, my god

Be_Easy_25
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
yankees lineup is overrated and living off of name/ power numbers.

theyre prime pickings for a good playoff pitching team.

plus the playoffs are about getting hot/ patient at bats/ timely hitting.
to mock bacon's thread is fail.
good pitching and timely hitting/ good pitching and the ball eventually bouncing ur way > fail pitching and a big high powered lineup that's going to be negated by good pitching anyway.

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 12:22 PM

good pitching and timely hitting/ good pitching and the ball eventually bouncing ur way > fail pitching and a big high powered lineup that's going to be negated by good pitching anyway.
i dont even know what this means.

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
AL pitchers>NL pitchers.

AL pitchers face lineups that score a ****load more runs, when they throw shutouts its a hell of a lot more meaningful than when the NL pitchers throw shutouts against lineups that suck.

Why else do you think every pitcher thats not greedy goes to the NL?

NYRB
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
NL = real baseball

AL = home run derby

Be_Easy_25
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
i dont even know what this means.
it means it's more pivotal that AL teams dont have pitching than NL teams not having great lineups.

DA_MOSS
08-01-2011, 12:37 PM

2nd in runs
1st in homeruns
3rd in total bases
2nd in RBI's
7th in average
2nd in OBP
3rd in slugging
2nd in OPS

But yeah I agree, the Yankees have an overrated lineup

razorsedgepit06
08-01-2011, 12:42 PM
AL pitchers>NL pitchers.

AL pitchers face lineups that score a ****load more runs, when they throw shutouts its a hell of a lot more meaningful than when the NL pitchers throw shutouts against lineups that suck.

Why else do you think every pitcher thats not greedy goes to the NL?

This. Jimmy Rollins even said it himself. The AL pitchers are tougher to hit, they need more quality pitches against deeper lineups, facing the DH rather than an automatic out against the pitcher. What a joke the NL is.
I would love to see Sabathia's numbers if he pitched an entire season in the NL against those watered down lineups.

razorsedgepit06
08-01-2011, 12:43 PM

This Yankee lineup generally leads the league in runs scored, or is right at the top every year, not to mention they won the WS with basically this same lineup 2 years ago. Fail post is fail.

azzspankr
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Cards - Pujols Holliday Berkman

wsuwarrior
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
The AL pitchers are tougher to hit, they need more quality pitches against deeper lineups, facing the DH rather than an automatic out against the pitcher. What a joke the NL is.

Lettuce bean cereal. The AL is a joke.

brb having a baseball team, half the team arent baseball players.

anonymous123
08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
uhh ever think of the fact that they score more runs is because they're against worse pitching? 0_o

Your argument is a better argument for why NL pitching > AL pitching

thebestrbevr21
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Well I can't speak for the other teams you named but you must not watch baseball if you can't name Chase Utley (hands down best 2b in baseball in the past 5 years), Jimmy Rollins (won an MVP not too long ago top 10 MLB SS), Shane Victorino (11th highest WAR among all MLB hitters and 7th among OF'ers in only 80 games), all star 3B Placido Polanco, and All star OF Hunter Pence.

Have you been living under a rock all season or are you just a moron?

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Well I can't speak for the other teams you named but you must not watch baseball if you can't name Chase Utley (hands down best 2b in baseball in the past 5 years), Jimmy Rollins (won an MVP not too long ago top 10 MLB SS), Shane Victorino (11th highest WAR among all MLB hitters and 7th among OF'ers in only 80 games), all star 3B Placido Polanco, and All star OF Hunter Pence.

Have you been living under a rock all season or are you just a moron?
it was a parody thread

which one of us is a moron again?

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
uhh ever think of the fact that they score more runs is because they're against worse pitching? 0_o

Your argument is a better argument for why NL pitching > AL pitching

The argument after this is interleague. In interleague, AL ERA is less than NL ERA...

thebestrbevr21
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
it was a parody thread

which one of us is a moron again?

The one of us who isn't on here literally all day searching through every thread because he has a life is not a moron.
In other words, you are a moron

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
The one of us with zero situational awareness
i feel sorry for you

Be_Easy_25
08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
This Yankee lineup generally leads the league in runs scored, or is right at the top every year, not to mention they won the WS with basically this same lineup 2 years ago. Fail post is fail.
do you understand the term overrated?
it means that there is some evidence there to suggest that their lineup is good or even great but it's fool's gold...the evidence leads you on further than it should.
which is why your post is fail.

the yankees had a better DH in hideki matsui (WORLD SERIES MVP....DERP!)
johnny damon
and melky cabrera
a prime Jeter who had one of his best statistical seasons ever
an A-Rod with power
a jorge posada that hit for .285 (who now hits .235)

that's the 09 yankees....with a devastating lineup.

now?
u have a fail jeter hitting .268 (he was .330+ in 2009)
tex and granderson tearing the cover off of the ball.....WHEN THEY HIT THE SHIET IF EVER!....poor averages
an injured a-rod whose power is declining.
a fail jorge posada.

yea, theyre looking like if they run up against a giants, braves or phillies that theyre toast.
sorry.
didnt this happen already?
a combined 3 total runs against colby lewis and cliff lee in their starts in the ALCS last year?

yea, try again.
inb4 crappy argument where u argue just for the sake of being right insead of just admitting ur wrong.

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Sabathia
See Brewers in 08
17 Games, 7 Complete Games, 3 Shutouts, 130.2 IP, 128 Ks, 1.00 WHIP, 1.65 ERA
Luckily, he started 34 Games the next season, so his projected stats for 08 would be...
34 Games, 14 CG, 3 SO, 261.1 IP, 256 Ks, 1.00 WHIP, 1.65 ERA
The next year in the AL East...
34 Games, 2 CG, 1 SO, 230.0 IP, 197 Ks, 1.15 WHIP, 3.37 ERA

Feeling defeated yet NL?

Be_Easy_25
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Sabathia
See Brewers in 08
17 Games, 7 Complete Games, 3 Shutouts, 130.2 IP, 128 Ks, 1.00 WHIP, 1.65 ERA
Luckily, he started 34 Games the next season, so his projected stats for 08 would be...
34 Games, 14 CG, 3 SO, 261.1 IP, 256 Ks, 1.00 WHIP, 1.65 ERA
The next year in the AL East...
34 Games, 2 CG, 1 SO, 230.0 IP, 197 Ks, 1.15 WHIP, 3.37 ERA

Feeling defeated yet NL?
what is your point.
anybody's ERA is going to go up if you go to a league that has 9 hitters.
u adjust for that...nobody cares that on average AL SPs have higher ERAs n lower strikeouts.

doesnt make them better.
CC is a great pitcher....but this tells you nothing.

but btw...u have his stats in the playoffs against the phillies?
srs.

RyzinEnagy
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
do you understand the term overrated?
it means that there is some evidence there to suggest that their lineup is good or even great but it's fool's gold...the evidence leads you on further than it should.
which is why your post is fail.

So basically, I should believe the Yankees offense is overrated not on the evidence, but because you're telling me it's overrated?

The offense isn't as good as '09 (which scored more runs than Boston is on pace for this year...so much for an historically good offense) but the pitching is deeper and better. The Yankees rode Sabathia to that ring and he's even better this year.

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
what is your point.
anybody's ERA is going to go up if you go to a league that has 9 hitters.
u adjust for that...nobody cares that on average AL SPs have higher ERAs n lower strikeouts.

doesnt make them better.
CC is a great pitcher....but this tells you nothing.

but btw...u have his stats in the playoffs against the phillies?
srs.

Yes, that explains why his ERs were 4x what they were in half as many starts in Milawaukee.

bbacn123
08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Ya'll *****s postin in a troll thread

Be_Easy_25
08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
So basically, I should believe the Yankees offense is overrated not on the evidence, but because you're telling me it's overrated?

The offense isn't as good as '09 (which scored more runs than Boston is on pace for this year...so much for an historically good offense) but the pitching is deeper and better. The Yankees rode Sabathia to that ring and he's even better this year.
not a fan of circular reasoning.

u should believe theyre overrated because they're having trouble hitting for average....even their most productive hitters are.
so while they might finish top 3-5 in runs etc. etc....when they get into the playoffs or a series in which a good team will throw 3-4 good SP at them (oh wait, that would only happen to them in the world series) they'll struggle (like last year against cliff lee and colby lewis)....what are they gonna do throw their regular season rankings at another team?

dont pay attention to me.
read deeper into the evidence is what im saying.
IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED and it can happen again.....still hard to comprehend?

razorsedgepit06
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
not a fan of circular reasoning.

u should believe theyre overrated because they're having trouble hitting for average....even their most productive hitters are.
so while they might finish top 3-5 in runs etc. etc....when they get into the playoffs or a series in which a good team will throw 3-4 good SP at them (oh wait, that would only happen to them in the world series) they'll struggle (like last year against cliff lee and colby lewis)....what are they gonna do throw their regular season rankings at another team?

dont pay attention to me.
read deeper into the evidence is what im saying.
IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED and it can happen again.....still hard to comprehend?

Have you ever watched this Yankee lineup?? It doesnt seem so.

The lineup is built on patience and power. Not average, you moron. The Yankees won 95 games last year, then swept the Twins out of the first round, then took a **** on Texas bullpen in game 1 of the ALCS. They cooled off and dropped the next 4 of 5. Its called a slump. A teamwide slump where no one did anything especially the pitching staff. It happens. You are looking into this way too much with bull**** predicitions. There is only 1 lineup in all of baseball that consistentely scores more runs than the Yankees, and that is the Red Sox. The Giants, Braves, or whatever else in the NL is a complete joke.

Covy1
09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
very good point OP...im scared of the Red Sox offense

magicmatt
09-27-2011, 05:51 AM
very good point OP...im scared of the Red Sox offensenice try but this was a parody thread of a thread that bacon made. i just changed some words in the OP

taxe91
09-27-2011, 06:28 AM
lol this is the most fail bump ever.

would say nice try covy but it really wasnt