PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Retires.

poppa_boner
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I cant believe people believed he still had it left in him.....he just showed it himself that he cant and the offers werent there

/adamschefter

JCV
08-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I bet he stays in shape and is back in the league by week 11 just in time for a playoff push with a contender

Future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing.

"After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," Moss' agent, Joel Segal said Monday.

Moss, 34, played 13 seasons, caught 954 passes for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6823929/randy-moss-retire-13-seasons-153-touchdowns

leafs43
08-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Actually kind of dumb.

If he decides to unretire he will be sent to the waiver wire and won't be able to shop around like he can now.

PumpAndGrow
08-01-2011, 10:00 AM
farewell Mr. Moss. Farewell.

grizz101
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
goodnight sweet prince

Big_Spaz
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
After seeing how much effort he put into playing for the Titans this is probably the best route to take.

What a shame, I see 34 years of age and just shake my head.

-Spaz

Blasphemy
08-01-2011, 10:07 AM
After seeing how much effort he put into playing for the Titans this is probably the best route to take.

-Spaz

i agree with stink. he didn't give a f*ck about the titans O, just like the raiders.

he'll be back.

rsk721
08-01-2011, 10:07 AM
tmJcUlrkMNg

DefensiveEnd896
08-01-2011, 10:19 AM
"It ain't nothing but 10 grand.. What's 10 grand to me? It ain't $hit. Next time I might shake my dick," classic R. Moss.

poppa_boner
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
LOLOL @ Jason La Confora a few days ago saying Randy Moss was the best WR in this free agency class....shows even more how retarded he is

Masstastic
08-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I cant believe people believed he still had it left in him.....he just showed it himself that he cant and the offers werent there

/adamschefter

Based on what?

How exactly did he fall off to the point he "sucks" in your opinion? Before last season he was putting up Pro Bowl numbers and was still respected as a top 10-15 WR in the NFL. Just because he acted like a jackass in New England and got traded and then took his behavior to a whole new level of jackass in Minnesota has nothing to do with what he brings you on the field. If you remember everyone was pissed at how stupid Childress was for waiving him after his comments made to those food caterers.

Fact of the matter is when Moss gets disgruntled he quits on his team. He only got targeted 16 times in Tennessee because they didnt incorporate him into their offense that late, and he had already mentally checked out by then.

Everytime he doesnt get his way, he quits.

It happened in Minnesota
It happened in Oakland
Its now happened again as a Free Agent.

None of that means he still isnt a top WR. He just wants his money.

poppa_boner
08-01-2011, 10:41 AM
LOL forgot Masstastic was one of those who agreed with La Canfora and said Randy Moss was the best WR in this free agency class. I dont know how you can see Randy Moss was worth getting more than Sims-Walker or even Braylon Edwards, really?

Masstastic
08-01-2011, 10:42 AM
LOLOL @ Jason La Confora a few days ago saying Randy Moss was the best WR in this free agency class....shows even more how retarded he is

He is.

Who is better? Santonio Holmes? He had 1 good season in Pittsburgh and got overrated. Sidney Rice hasnt proven himself other than 1 good season.

You look at what Moss has consistently proven and its not even close.

Moss was still getting double teamed last season despite giving 10% effort.

Masstastic
08-01-2011, 10:45 AM
LOL forgot Masstastic was one of those who agreed with La Canfora and said Randy Moss was the best WR in this free agency class. I dont know how you can see Randy Moss was worth getting more than Sims-Walker or even Braylon Edwards, really?

Who the **** is Mike Sims-Walker? Hes only known for having the "potential" to put up Fantasy numbers. He doesnt give you anything Moss gives.

Braylon Edwards had no market and is looking for a 1 year deal to prove himself. I'd probably have him #2 behind Moss anyways.

Moss is only retiring because he doesnt want to play unless hes getting paid the way he wants. Its not about him being washed up, its because the money wasnt right to him. We've known he was that shallow for his entire career, so now we see how truly money obsessed he is.

Its a shame for his real fans, but thats how he carries himself.

Onita
08-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Who the **** is Mike Sims-Walker? Hes only known for having the "potential" to put up Fantasy numbers. He doesnt give you anything Moss gives.

Braylon Edwards had no market and is looking for a 1 year deal to prove himself. I'd probably have him #2 behind Moss anyways.

Moss is only retiring because he doesnt want to play unless hes getting paid the way he wants. Its not about him being washed up, its because the money wasnt right to him. We've known he was that shallow for his entire career, so now we see how truly money obsessed he is.

Pretty much this. Moss is 10x better than Sims-Walker. And Braylon? lol

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/braylon-Edwards-drop.gif

He can make some very good plays, but screws up the easy ones.

LostOne287
08-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Completely agree. It's pathetic really. We're seeing now why New England was the ONLY place he was content and behaved and even that wore out after a few years. He'll be back though. He'll probably wait until midseason when some team is begging him to come back and/or willing to offer whatever contract he wants.

ToPHeR35
08-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Jon Jay's my boy. Played with him in college.

dtbrehm
08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
#2 receiver all time. Disappointed but not surprised to see him retire.
xS9b4W3uPAw

cor030
08-01-2011, 11:16 AM
wouldn't have minded seeing him on the Panthers

the lulz would be through the roof with him + Cam + Smitty

Dynamiik
08-01-2011, 11:17 AM

-Spaz

Honestly com'n man its the titans, they are a complete **** team with an overrated rb that had ONE great year, a quarterback with a broken thumb (VY), and Jeff Fisher is an idiot, that team just flat out sucks dick I dont blame Moss for not even trying with them.

cor030
08-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Honestly com'n man its the titans, they are a complete **** team with an overrated rb that had ONE great year, a quarterback with a broken thumb (VY), and Jeff Fisher is an idiot, that team just flat out sucks dick I dont blame Moss for not even trying with them.

lolwut? Chris Johnson MAY be overrated, but it's only because people hold him to the 2k yard standard. he's still a fantastic RB and one of the best in the league(I still don't put anyone over AP).

abbot92
08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Will always love Moss. Right now he is still MORE TALENTED than the loser WR's on the free agent market.

kethnaab
08-01-2011, 11:45 AM
what Moss is and what he can be are frequently 2 separate things.

what he is changes day to day based on his mood. What he can be is the guy that pushes Jerry Rice into 2nd place.

poppa_boner
08-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Who the fukc is Mike Sims-Walker???? Do you even watch football?

Clearly you dont.

I would take Steve Breaston over Randy Moss

Blasphemy
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
#2 receiver all time. Disappointed but not surprised to see him retire.
xS9b4W3uPAwthis.

jaySWAG
08-01-2011, 03:00 PM

-Spaz

people always trying to say hes better then rice, give me a break, he doesnt have 1% of the drive and passion for the game of football that rice had. moss done at 34, rice still making pro bowls until he was 40

vudoodoodoo
08-01-2011, 03:29 PM
He'll be back.

ceo1kaweek
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
pats offered him a 1-year deal but he declined it

vudoodoodoo
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
pats offered him a 1-year deal but he declined it

He'll change his mind. He wants an SB ring. CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Source7769
08-01-2011, 04:01 PM
whos he kidding he aint going to retire

Onita
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
people always trying to say hes better then rice, give me a break, he doesnt have 1% of the drive and passion for the game of football that rice had. moss done at 34, rice still making pro bowls until he was 40

Nobody says hes better than Rice, they say he is more talented.

ChuteBoxeFC
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM
You know i kinda feel bad for Randy Moss. If there is anybody in the league that doesn't have a ring, that should, I believe it's Randy Moss.

Sure he was an immature Jerk for a good portion of his career but towards the tail end, he really started to get his act together. He works hard and he deserves to be on a team that is in a position to win a Superbowl. The guy is still dangerous and he can pretty much be thrown into any system and deliver.

And while Rice is possibly the greatest receiver of all time, he had 2 hall of fame quarterbacks throwing to him for most of his career. I don't think you can say he's that much better than Moss. But Rice was commited to his craft and for a while Randy was just happy being good.