PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember Willie Williams? Former 5 Star LB recruit who went to Miami

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 11:55 PM
http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/williewilliams.jpg

Possibly the greatest LB prospect ever. Hes 6'4 230 Lbs and runs a 4.4 but has been to jail 16 times and ruined his college career.

He had the greatest recruiting blog ever.

Well, every year around the time I do an annual check to see if has cleaned up his act and finally gotten a shot on a NFL roster.

- He went undrafted in 2009
- Blew a tryout opportunity with Green Bay,
- A friend helped him get a tryout with the UFL
- He got arrested for burglarizing that friends home and spent 2 years in jail
- He gets released sometime in 2011
- Moves to Ohio in hopes of getting a tryout with a AFL team

Well....

COVINGTON – A former pro football prospect is in jail on burglary charges, with more charges pending.

Willie Williams of Newport, a highly-touted linebacker from Florida who played at the University of Louisville and Union College in Barbourville, Ky., was arrested last week for second-degree burglary in Fort Mitchell.

Charges are also going to be filed against him by Fort Thomas police for attempted burglary at a home in that town, said Fort Thomas Police Lt. Rich Whitford.

It began when a home in Fort Mitchell was burglarized in late June. Then on July 1, a woman in Fort Thomas alleged that a man tried to break into her home through the back door while she was there. When she opened the door, he said he was doing a survey for a company and left, Whitford said. Someone else jotted down his license plate number and called police.

When Fort Thomas and Fort Mitchell police compared notes, and also later found out that a neighbor of the burglarized home in Fort Mitchell wrote down a license number of a suspicious car in the area that matched the one in Fort Thomas, they put the pieces together, which led them to Williams.

Williams was arrested at his Newport home.

“He admitted he was at those residences,” said Fort Mitchell Police Det. Tim Berwanger. “At the residence here, he said he never went in, but was just canvassing the area trying to sell subscriptions” to a fitness center at which he worked. “At the residence in Fort Thomas, he said he wasn’t trying to break in, but may have knocked on the door too hard.”

Berwanger said the burglary charge is punishable by five to 10 years in prison.

Fort Mitchell Police Chief Jeff Eldridge said it is his understanding that by being in Kentucky, Williams may also be in violation of parole terms from a crime he committed in Georgia.

Goodnight sweet Willie.

Liangtastic
08-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Strong waste of potential.

lrm546
08-01-2011, 01:05 AM
he's a piece of trash. hope he rots in jail

989sports
08-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Wasn't he the moron who was pulling fire alarms during campus visits?

wsuwarrior
08-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Sounds similar to a guy from my hometown.

McDonalds All-American game STARTER, recruited by everyone. I remember Dean Smith came to my small ass home town to recruit. Kansas scouts were always at games too. At the McDonalds AA game he was roomed with Kevin Garnett.

Decided to go to Wisconsin, became B10 Freshman of the Year. While in Madison did nothing but party, got in bars underage, unlimited access to drugs and alcohol, women of course. Even then was said to be a lock to be a lottery pick.

Ends up getting kicked off the team for drug use. Transferred then had a bunch of injury problems and could never

JakeWyler
08-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Should have never left UM. Was doing well there, no arrests, had some early PT on special teams. He should have been in the NFL right now making millions. Huge waste of talent. He was given so many opportunities.

SpermWhale
08-01-2011, 07:28 AM
too much lobsta

Crash49
08-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Reminds me of Cecil Collins

thegenerel
08-01-2011, 07:35 AM
too much lobsta

I cant believe something so little can cost so much.

thegenerel
08-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Reminds me of Cecil Collins

Willie Williams is a HS recruiting legend. that guy would forever be remembered based off his recruiting journal's alone.

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 07:40 AM
i bet hes white

joedirt87
08-01-2011, 08:16 AM
I remember him trolling the fuk out of FSU. Glad to see this piece of sh*t behind bars for doing that, plus he stunk it up at the U.

mustang
08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Miami and Ohio St regularly recruit these types of guys. I remember Ohio State was recruiting a known rapist a few years ago.

No surprise that both schools have new coaches this year. I know Al Golden will clean up UM.

batman15
08-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Inb4 his gold teeth picture.

JakeWyler
08-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Miami and Ohio St regularly recruit these types of guys. I remember Ohio State was recruiting a known rapist a few years ago.

No surprise that both schools have new coaches this year. I know Al Golden will clean up UM.

Its pretty well known that The program was the cleanest its ever been under Shannon. Strong ignorance.