PDA

View Full Version : So is Noel Devine done?

J-Ro-Mac
07-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Devine went undrafted after and injury riddled senior year, and now has been let go by the eagles after leaving the squad. Is he done for? I would assume with his speed and playmaking ability he could be inserted as a mismatch like McCluster or Bush.

Jp9MuxAszEM
jkMK7KrMrbg

[ignore poor song choices]

brb_ballin
07-31-2011, 10:17 PM
im sure he'll sign with another team.. at least get worked out.. end up on a practice squad... get signed if he regains form.

showed too much potential to not get a look elsewhere

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 10:33 PM
im sure he'll sign with another team.. at least get worked out.. end up on a practice squad... get signed if he regains form.

showed too much potential to not get a look elsewhere

This.

Not sure why he quit. He could've made the Eagles at KR.

kyleTX
07-31-2011, 10:46 PM
This.

Not sure why he quit. He could've made the Eagles at KR.

don't know the specifics but just speculating that maybe they asked him to solely try out for return team, and he's hellbent on being an NFL RB... coming from a past of being mentored by Deion and spotlighted early in college as being the next great breakout running back

07-31-2011, 10:52 PM
That's crazy. I didn't even realize he never got drafted. His HS highlight tape is still the best highlight tape I've ever seen and he added a few to those while at WV also. Hopefully he makes it back on somewhere. He would have been perfect on the Eagles ssquad... the speed on that team is already ridiculous.

Dennis71
07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
alot of people dont realize that Noel wasnt that good in college...

also hes only 5'7 179lbs... if your that small in the NFL u better run a 4.2
Devine ran a 4.42 at his pro-day

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 11:02 PM
don't know the specifics but just speculating that maybe they asked him to solely try out for return team, and he's hellbent on being an NFL RB... coming from a past of being mentored by Deion and spotlighted early in college as being the next great breakout running back

You're probably right. I looked on Wikipedia and saw he was facing a lot of competition at RB anyways. Should've just signed with Atlanta.

He could make it as a RB in the NFL but when he had those foot/ankle injuries last year it made everyone believe him being too small would make him injury prone at the next level. He still is a beast, I know I made 2 threads in 2 consecutive years saying he'd be a Heisman finalist.

kyleTX
07-31-2011, 11:03 PM

actually, a lot of people realize that he was never able to showcase himself in college because of a terrible, vanilla coach in Bill Stewart.

Brb draw up the middle EVERY play with an undersized speedy back....

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM

He wasnt that good in college? 5,761 All Purpose Yards. Spent his first 2 seasons overshadowed by Pat White & Steve Slaton in the option, coached by Bill Stweart, & got injured his senior year. Despite my "excuses" those numbers set an all-time record at WVU.

The 4.42 time was despite an injured ankle he hadnt healed from.

At the WVU Pro Day he ran a 4.26.

Hes 5'8 179 but he did 26 reps of 225 lbs at the combine. He has a 35.5' vertical.

The guy is a legit freak. Dont doubt the manlet.

Liangtastic
07-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I had no idea he quit on the Eagles. I thought they released him because a lingering injury popped up again. What the hell was his deal? Didn't want to just be a returner? If he proved himself there, the possibility of him becoming a back was going to be high considering the team's history of shifty, versatile backs.

cbad7676
08-01-2011, 01:19 AM
in b4 chargers pick him up as sproles replacement

The_Source
08-01-2011, 01:32 AM
in b4 chargers pick him up as sproles replacement

This. Really thought they'd use a late round pick on him in the draft, or at least pick em up as an UDFA

Would be the perfect successor for Sproles

magicmatt
08-01-2011, 05:39 AM

he did all that with a nagging toe injury

actually, a lot of people realize that he was never able to showcase himself in college because of a terrible, vanilla coach in Bill Stewart.

Brb draw up the middle EVERY play with an undersized speedy back....
this. also the OC mullen. with those 2 at the helm i cant believe they didnt lose every game.

devine fukked himself so bad by going back for his senior year

SoCool
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Devine was a very good college back. Explosive and a hard runner. Size is over-rated. There are more big players that suk then little IMO. I read he was released and no reason was given. Anyone follow his twitter? If u look at PHI roster they have a bunch of smaller backs already; Dion Lewis, Derrick Locke (KY), and McCoy goes about 205 (like him alot). The article speculated it was injury but he may just be looking for a better situation

BeastReturns
08-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Honestly. I've been watching highlights of him since HS. I was pretty devastated he didn't want to go to BC :/. Anyways, he's simply amazing I think he'll be an instant impact player for anyone he plays with. Like Deion Sanders said, hes the closest thing to Barry Sanders.

dekd
08-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Do you even watch college football?

the chargers already got a replacement for Sproles in Jordan Todman out of Uconn. Picked him up in the 6th round which was a steal IMO

Don't expect anything big from Todman. His success at Uconn was grinding out 4 yards at a time

Dennis71
08-01-2011, 07:54 AM
At the WVU Pro Day he ran a 4.26.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42132774/sports/player_news

4.43 =/= 4.2

dekd
08-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I am biased because I know him (went to High school together) but I do believe he will find a place in the NFL. He wont be an every down back, but he can find a niche on kick/punt returns or screens. He';s not a through the tackles kinda RB but give him some open field and he can make plays happen

I mean he's obviously a good back. A good idea would be to get another back to compliment him with more speed

dekd
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
What do you mean? He is the small speedy back on that team, much like Sproles used to be. he already has two backs that compliment him well in Mathews and Tolbert

Thought your earlier post was saying that he was gonna be their new starting guy

Trapstar4.4
08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
i though that phaggot was a falcon. I could have sworn i read headlines talking about a deal was being made. wtf, so confused.