PDA

View Full Version : CFL (canada) vs AFL (arena)

redfield11
07-31-2011, 09:42 PM
I just turned on the TV and saw a canadian football game going on and while it still stupidly has the goal post at the front of the endzone in the middle of the play, it's very similar to usual football rules/regulations. But arena is just a ccompletely different game and I was curious if anyone knows which has better players? It seems to me the CFL players are more elite but I have no evidence to really back that up.

Don't want to start anything but I mean do the D1 athletes who go undrafted or cut by nfl teams usually end up in CFL or Arena first? If you get what i'm trying to ask

brb_ballin
07-31-2011, 09:59 PM
haven't seen arena in years, CFL is decent.. only major difference is field is a bit bigger, only 3 downs and the rougue (1 point) other then that its virtually the same.. the ball is different though.

I would say CFL is better but i don't know arena at all so tough to say

AgRyan
07-31-2011, 10:03 PM
CFL probably has better players. It's normally the first choice for QBs to go to if they don't get drafted by an NFL team. Lots of American D1 college QBs, or cut NFL QBs go up to Canada to try and prove themselves up their since it's a more similar style of play.

NinjaKix
07-31-2011, 10:06 PM
AFL....Kurt Warner, 'Nuff said.

Kenetics
07-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Doug Flutie is considered to be one of the best CFL QBs ever and he played in the NFL for a bit too.

I would think CFL is a better option for players cut by the NFL since its more similar to NFL than arena.

AgRyan
07-31-2011, 10:13 PM

Really one of the only AFL success stories while there are many CFL success stories.

brb_ballin
07-31-2011, 10:19 PM

pretty sure Warren Moon played CFL

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I just turned on the TV and saw a canadian football game going on and while it still stupidly has the goal post at the front of the endzone in the middle of the play, it's very similar to usual football rules/regulations. But arena is just a ccompletely different game and I was curious if anyone knows which has better players? It seems to me the CFL players are more elite but I have no evidence to really back that up.

Don't want to start anything but I mean do the D1 athletes who go undrafted or cut by nfl teams usually end up in CFL or Arena first? If you get what i'm trying to ask

D1 guys who get cut in training camp are stuck because the CFL season is basically in full stride by the time the final cuts go down. If you want to play in the CFL you have to sign there before their season starts and forfeit trying to go to training camp with a NFL team. If you do sign in the CFL, you cant sign in the NFL for 2 seasons due to the option-year rule.

Most guys who dont take that route usually just stick around trying to stay in shape hoping to end up on a practice squad or make a NFL roster after guys get hurt.

There is hope though. Last year 51 undrafted rookies made 53 man rosters. By Week 17 there were 140 undrafted rookies on 53 man NFL rosters.

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Really one of the only AFL success stories while there are many CFL success stories.

Yeah, recently its been Cameron Wake who came from the CFL.

There is a guy I saw for Edmonton who is a rookie LB that probably has a chance at the NFL if someone notices. He literally was everywhere on the field.

Mac_xX
07-31-2011, 10:31 PM
CFL is real football, Arena is not.

GingerBrah
07-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Out balls are bigger. (cfl)