PDA

View Full Version : Why would you give peyton manning a 5 year contract?

Nutella!
07-31-2011, 09:46 AM
he's old and continues to choke when it matters.

anonymous123
07-31-2011, 09:49 AM
in a second

liftTENhard
07-31-2011, 09:52 AM
he's old and continues to choke when it matters.

cuz he makes all those sony ads with JT

Nutella!
07-31-2011, 09:53 AM
cuz he makes all those sony ads with JT

honestly would have kept it @ 3 years tops. also LOL at fans thinking he cares about them and the team so he took a "cut"

cmoneyr
07-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Top 5 QB for the each of the last 10 years? I'd say it's a pretty safe play.

jross2021
07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
OP, do you not understand how contracts work?

if a player retires or gets cut, you don't pay the remainder of their salary.

Danomiteee
07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
The colts are hoping in the last two years of his contract that technology will be available to clone a younger version of Peyton.

Idk thats what I heard

Reptarr
07-31-2011, 10:00 AM
they can cut him whenever they want and save the money

MtMostWanted
07-31-2011, 10:01 AM
The majority of the money comes in the first 3 years. I don't agree that Peyton Manning has choked. He's turned two average receivers in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne into potential hall of famers. Unlike Tom Brady he hasn't always had a top 3 offensive line and never much of a run game to rely on. Peyton Manning is the GOAT. The day he retires, the Colts will once again become a yearly loser like the Browns and Bengals.

joedirt87
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes he is 35, but he has never been a QB who has taken a ton of punishment.

RojanRando
07-31-2011, 10:19 AM
they can cut him whenever they want and save the money

This. If he becomes a bad QB, they can just release. THis would be a bad contract in the NBA

Budly69
07-31-2011, 11:06 AM
The majority of the money comes in the first 3 years. I don't agree that Peyton Manning has choked. He's turned two average receivers in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne into potential hall of famers. Unlike Tom Brady he hasn't always had a top 3 offensive line and never much of a run game to rely on. Peyton Manning is the GOAT. The day he retires, the Colts will once again become a yearly loser like the Browns and Bengals.

Biggest troll post I've ever seen.

Tyler44
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM

You bothered that he is completely correct?

The colts are a 6 win team without Peyton.

bking10
07-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Not sure about the guaranteed money of it, but he receives about $70 mil in the first 3 years. So cutting him if he starts sucking won't save them any money and won't lower his cap hit very much. But Indy had no choice, the Colts were headed to Cali before Peyton

Budly69
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM

The colts are a 6 win team without Peyton.

They might be a 6 win team without him but the Colts will win just as many Superbowls without him. Peyton Manning is a choke artist and has had the greatest supporting cast in recent memory. Marvin Harrison is average without Manning? GTFO. No running game? Edgerrin James ring a bell? Joseph Addai and the defense carried Manning through the postseason to the only Superbowl he's ever won, which was against the worst team to ever appear in a SB.

Manning has never had a line? GTFO. Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday are hof'ers and Ryan Diem was one of the best RT's in the league for a long time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Manning has had prime Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Glenn, Saturday, and Diem, and yet Brady still owns Manning like he bought him at a yard sale. At this point Manning is the 4th best QB in the league. Take your homer glasses off.

rsnnh12
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Notsureifsrs

Marvin Harrison, average? You've gone full retard

LostOne287
07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Peyton or Brady, who won a Super Bowl last?

cor030
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM

this. just sayin, Brady just got a huge contract and he's been JUST as bad in the post season in recent years as Manning.

Stompin_Tom
07-31-2011, 11:34 AM

The colts are a 4 win team without Peyton.

fixed

rsnnh12
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM

Peyton or Brady, who threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs in the playoffs in the year they won a Super Bowl?

chlaxman
07-31-2011, 11:40 AM
How surprising...this thread turned into a Peyton vs. Brady war...

Shocking

krokaw7
07-31-2011, 11:42 AM
check his $tats

ChuteBoxeFC
07-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Notsureifsrs

Marvin Harrison, average? You've gone full retard

lol this. Marvin Harrision and Reggie Wayne are incredible wideouts. They would thrive on a team with almost any QB

MtMostWanted
07-31-2011, 01:29 PM

Just because I see football differently than you makes me a troll? C'mon man. Peyton Manning reads a defense like you read gay erotica. Expertly. He gets production from receivers regardless of name. His stats don't drop when his receivers are injured. He gets the ball out quick enough to make any line look good. I am no troll, I just recognize greatness. I honestly think the Browns would win the NFC North if they had Peyton Manning.

chlaxman
07-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Just because I see football differently than you makes me a troll? C'mon man. Peyton Manning reads a defense like you read gay erotica. Expertly. He gets production from receivers regardless of name. His stats don't drop when his receivers are injured. He gets the ball out quick enough to make any line look good. I am no troll, I just recognize greatness. I honestly think the Browns would win the NFC North if they had Peyton Manning.

But they wouldn't win a Super Bowl...

rumpsicle
07-31-2011, 01:48 PM

lmao

bking10
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
can you image the $$ Brady and Manning would command on the open market? Redskins would throw 7 year $200 mil contracts at them

Scrappy34
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
They might be a 6 win team without him but the Colts will win just as many Superbowls without him. Peyton Manning is a choke artist and has had the greatest supporting cast in recent memory. Marvin Harrison is average without Manning? GTFO. No running game? Edgerrin James ring a bell? Joseph Addai and the defense carried Manning through the postseason to the only Superbowl he's ever won, which was against the worst team to ever appear in a SB.

Manning has never had a line? GTFO. Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday are hof'ers and Ryan Diem was one of the best RT's in the league for a long time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Manning has had prime Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Glenn, Saturday, and Diem, and yet Brady still owns Manning like he bought him at a yard sale. At this point Manning is the 4th best QB in the league. Take your homer glasses off.

so you think Peyton is a choke artist just because the Colts haven't had a decent defense since his last superbowl? Maybe Peyton isn't the problem...

What about Brady? Whats his excuse? The Pats have a decent defense every year, so Brady doesn't have to play perfect games every week like Peyton in order to win. Maybe the the colts do have better receivers, but that doesn't mean **** if every team in the NFL knows Peyton is throwing every down.

but you won't admit it, because you are a troll.

rr00676
07-31-2011, 02:18 PM
yawn.... i cannot remember a franchise (in NFL) that has relied on a single player like the colts have done with manning.