PDA

View Full Version : the last time a black qb won a superbowl?

RekeDMC
07-30-2011, 11:45 PM
no racist post but just curious. mcnabb has choked, vince young has choked, mike vick has choked, is it safe to say its not really smart tp draft a black qb?

again mods this is not a racist post. its proven fact that black qb's arent really good.

AGangsta
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
not an eagles fan, but idk if mcnabb and vick really choked.

mcnabb in the superbowl was sloppy and andy reid's time management was awful... vick wasn't effective against the packers but the eagles d got steamrolled that game

Reptarr
07-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Only one in history. Doug Williams

I said "who?" aswell.

bbacn123
07-31-2011, 12:02 AM
http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/confederate_tshirt.jpg

http://www.bikini-beach.com/bikini_joes-rebel-flag-bikini-13-10-l.jpg

FSUBRAH84
07-31-2011, 01:34 AM
not an eagles fan, but idk if mcnabb and vick really choked.

Throwing a game ending INT on a drive where you had a chance to win is not choking?

McNabb always choked in the big games.

jross2021
07-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Well Kordell Stewart would have won one had he played over O'Donnell in '96..

RalphNader420
07-31-2011, 06:46 AM
http://johnjohnsaidit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1308609872-95.jpg

Killer Wolf
07-31-2011, 07:03 AM
So you're saying their black skin prevents them from being successful in the post season. Hmm...

spirit3530
07-31-2011, 08:50 AM

It's a numbers game, college and high school coaches rely more on their athletic ability than reading defenses and reacting with their arms instead of feet.

BTW only 18 franchisees have won the super bowl.
There were not any drafted black QB's before 1983.

It is only a matter of time before the right combination produces another SB winning black QB.

OP is unstupided

Trapstar4.4
07-31-2011, 10:39 AM
lmao how many current NFL QB's have a ring? im sure its a very low percentage. each year there isnt even a handful of black QBs that play, so why do you expect black QBs to have rings, when most QBs can never get one as it is?

*edit
what he said ^^^
gotta be more analytical and improve your critical thinking skills

leafs43
07-31-2011, 11:19 AM

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/jason-campbell.jpg

:)

AceHigh03
07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/02/14/22/2S15DEMARCUS.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
RekeDMC hasnt been getting any attention for his trolling since he came back.

So to start a race thread isnt surprising.

You can tell he has a mental illness, not sure why everyone gives him attention.

Weezy32
07-31-2011, 11:50 AM
How can you even say no racist to this type of thread. I am white but wtf mane. What does a persons skin color
have to do with if they can win a SB. Football is a team sport so any time a team wins a SB its because the whole team contributed. I think most would agree that payton manning was (probobly still is) the best QB for the past 4-5 years yet he only wont one SB.

magicmatt
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
mcnabb was hungover during his superbowl

Trapstar4.4
07-31-2011, 11:54 AM
How can you even say no racist to this type of thread. I am white but wtf mane. What does a persons skin color
have to do with if they can win a SB. Football is a team sport so any time a team wins a SB its because the whole team contributed. I think most would agree that payton manning was (probobly still is) the best QB for the past 4-5 years yet he only wont one SB.

lol yeah, people act like sb rings come a dime dozen. the sh*t is ungodly difficult.

AceHigh03
07-31-2011, 11:59 AM

honestly Reke is asking a legit question i have always wondered why most black QB's dont develop in the NFL not even win sb but be a contender its just so rare ...

lllBoneZlll
07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
its because they are generally not as sharp as white quarterbacks....they have more raw talent and athletic ability, but mentally dont have what it takes to win big games...its been proven again and again...

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 12:23 PM
This isn't racist, and I can't believe people even want to play the race card on this.

Most black QBs rely on athleticism, but it takes a lot of mental effort to be a SB winning QB.

Not to mention that there is a lot more white QBs, thus a lesser chance for a black QB to win.

So the statistical data shows that 1 out of 3 African American quarterbacks drafted since 1949 were converted to another position. Of the 617 white quarterbacks drafted, only 10 were converted to another position (1.6%)

Just look at Wonderlic scores. White QBs are, on average, smarter (I will equate a higher wonderlic to overall mental capacity for the simplicity of this thread)

— The average score for the 71 African American quarterbacks from the 271 quarterback sample size was 19 (high scores belonging to Bruce Eugene (41) and Darrell Hackney (40) with low scores by Oscar Davenport (6) and Vince Evans (8)

— The average score for the 196 White quarterbacks from the 271 quarterback sample size was 26.5 (high scores belonging to Jason Mass (43), Drew Henson (42), and Alex Smith (40) with low scores for Jeff George (10) and Hall of Famers: Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Terry Bradshaw (all scored a 15)

Study: http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/african-american-quarterback-research-study/

GetBigyo
07-31-2011, 12:25 PM
OP is a 27 year old wigger.

So sad.

RekeDMC
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM
will cam newton be the net mcnabb or vick? or will he be philip rivers?

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 12:27 PM
OP is a 27 year old wigger.

So sad.

This 'thing' is 27?!

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2011/07/30/28330602/profilepic/1ox3qIYGdGSSWjRKJQJS0DB1w4CgV1128.jpeg

Oh lawd.

Does he even lift?

RekeDMC
07-31-2011, 12:28 PM
lol at this thread
you think i care if you all talk sht about me?
i wouldnt have put my picture up if i did. go ahead and talk sht about me
you must have nothing better to do with your lives lmao

GetBigyo
07-31-2011, 12:29 PM
lol at this thread
you think i care if you all talk sht about me?
i wouldnt have put my picture up if i did. go ahead and talk sht about me
you must have nothing better to do with your lives lmao

RekeDMC
07-31-2011, 12:31 PM
who cares lol

reLaxx1
07-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Only one in history. Doug Williams

I said "who?" aswell.

You must not know anything about football if you don't know who Doug Williams is.

spirit3530
07-31-2011, 01:03 PM
its because they are generally not as sharp as white quarterbacks....they have more raw talent and athletic ability, but mentally dont have what it takes to win big games...its been proven again and again...

Really?

Put Warren Moon on the ravens or buccaneers any they would have won the super bowl.

He is clearly better than Eli manning, trent dilfer, marc bulger and trent green Non of which will make it to the HOF. Defense won those super bowls, those QB's managed the game.

Saying when was the last time a black guy won a super bowl is like saying when has a white guy from Maine won a super bowl.

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
This isn't racist, and I can't believe people even want to play the race card on this.

Most black QBs rely on athleticism, but it takes a lot of mental effort to be a SB winning QB.

Not to mention that there is a lot more white QBs, thus a lesser chance for a black QB to win.

What is it with this athleticism argument? Not every Black QB takes the ball and runs every play. Playing the QB position is about arm strength, accuracy, decision making, & leadership of men in the huddle.

Where does this athleticism play into it?

If you have the athleticism to get out of the pocket to avoid a sack, then how is that a "knock" on a QB?

Aaron Rodgers was the 3rd leading rusher for QB's.
Ryan Fitzpatrick was 4th.
Jay Cutler was 5th.
Tebow was 6th.
Big Ben was 7th.
Kitna was 10th.

Are these White QB's relying on athleticism? Outside of Tebow, none of those guys above would be considered scramblers.

If you believe all Black QB's drop back and runs around for 5 seconds yet still completes a higher CMP% than several White "pocket passers", what does that say? They cant throw, right? If Rex Grossman can lead a team to a Super Bowl then I dont believe its hard to fathom someone like Jason Campbell or Josh Freeman going.

Just look at Wonderlic scores. White QBs are, on average, smarter (I will equate a higher wonderlic to overall mental capacity for the simplicity of this thread)

Study: http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/african-american-quarterback-research-study/

None of those 4 Black QB's used in the study even played in the NFL. If you pull up the list you'll see plenty of guys who took the Wonderlic but never even had a cup of tea in the NFL, so how can you include them? Just this year alone you had guys like Josh Portis, Jerod Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, etc who are nothing more than camp bodies.

You want a real study then put up the Wonderlics of Black QB's who can actually play in the NFL for multiple seasons.

Today you can count the number of Black QB's on both hands, then maybe remember a few more guys out there.

If you can get to the HOF or Super Bowls with a Wonderlic score of 15, then what is your point regarding it takes a higher mental effort? Last time I checked Drew Henson and Alex Smith were leading their teams to a Vacation in February.

It all boils down to those 4 attributes I mentioned above. Its not some invisible conspiracy keeping Black QB's from winning the Super Bowl.

spirit3530
07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
The wonderlic is not an IQ test.

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM

Good thing no one said it is.

An IQ test isn't even a foolproof test of intelligence, so Wonderlic is simply a tool of assessment.

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 01:42 PM

An IQ test isn't even a foolproof test of intelligence, so Wonderlic is simply a tool of assessment.

So what was the point of using this in support of Black QB's lacking the mental effort needed to win a Super Bowl?

Man you guys have trolled me so many times. SMH

PatrickBateman1
07-31-2011, 01:47 PM

This guy speaks the truth. Tons of politically correct phaggots won't like it, but it's the truth.

Also... why is OP still part of the misc?

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2011/07/30/28330602/profilepic/1ox3qIYGdGSSWjRKJQJS0DB1w4CgV1128.jpeg

PatrickBateman1
07-31-2011, 01:48 PM

You can bet your ass that there is a strong correlation though.

ezjax
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
the last time a black qb won a superbowl was the only time...

That being said the only black qb with a chance to win one is vick

hockeyislife9
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM

this.

spirit3530
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM

Still waiting for proof that another black guy can not win the super bowl

spirit3530
07-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Are you saying higher the score better the QB? or high IQ = high wonderlic?

angelora87
07-31-2011, 02:09 PM
the last time a black qb won a superbowl was the only time...

That being said the only black qb with a chance to win one is vick

Josh Freeman has a better than average chance for a black QB too. Still young, only 23 if I recall, and has already become a good passer rather than runner, which not many black QBs can boast at that age. Has a good core growing with him too. Bucs probably aren't contenders this year, but give em another year or so and they will be. Freeman has like 10+ years to go in his career too. I think he wins one Superbowl.

becketmcginn
07-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Doug Williams of the Redskins back in 1988 i believe is the only one. He even wrote a book called QuaterBlack haha

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Still waiting for proof that another black guy can not win the super bowl

When has anyone said a black QB can't win?

The argument we are discussing is why haven't they won many, when there have been lots of talented black QBs.

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Are you saying higher the score better the QB? or high IQ = high wonderlic?

High IQ = Higher Wonderlic. Definitely a strong correlation.

Score and playing ability are not as strongly correlated.

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
So what was the point of using this in support of Black QB's lacking the mental effort needed to win a Super Bowl?

Man you guys have trolled me so many times. SMH

Did you even read what I wrote?

Just because the wonderlic isn't a 100% accurate assessment of mental capacity, doesn't mean you can just throw it out the window.

White QBs have predominately scored higher than black QBs. Simple as that.

QB is probably the most mentally challenging position in all of sports.

If you put 2 and 2 together, you get a piece of the puzzle why black QBs haven't been as successful, DESPITE often times better physical attributes.

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
When has anyone said a black QB can't win? The argument we are discussing is why haven't they won many, when there have been lots of talented black QBs.

THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 "GOOD" BLACK QB'S EVER

1. MOON

10 YEARS LATER COMES MCNABB

3 YEARS LATER COMES VICK

9 YEARS LATER COMES FREEMAN

Everyone else was average. Lettuce be reality, nobody remembers average QB's.

Proteinzz
07-31-2011, 03:07 PM
THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 "GOOD" BLACK QB'S EVER

1. MOON

10 YEARS LATER COMES MCNABB

3 YEARS LATER COMES VICK

9 YEARS LATER COMES FREEMAN

Everyone else was average. Lettuce be reality, nobody remembers average QB's.

And why have there only been 4 good black QBs, even though over 100 have been drafted....?

And for the record, I said "talented" QBs, not "good" QBs.

chlaxman
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Going into this question is kind of beyond the misc because there are subtleties that the misc doesn't really go into.

In youth leagues the best black athletes are put at positions like RB and WR, those that do play QB generally are taught the option. Why? Because they're athletic. So the black QBs are not taught traditional offenses like white QBs. To add to this, blacks tend to be socioeconomically disadvantaged to whites, which means that they are less educated and less "intelligent" in general. There is also still the idea that black QBs in college should run option-heavy offenses (with fewer reads) and that hurts them in the NFL.

Liangtastic
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM

lol I love this argument. How about thinking outside the box for once instead of trying to use basic heuristics to frame all issues? I know it's convenient and stress-reducing for you, but let's try it out. Maybe the lack of pro success could be due to the way they were used in college...when some QBs can rely solely on athletic talent to win games without having to be able to perfectly dissect defenses and have pinpoint accuracy (Pat White, Vince Young, Marcus Vick, Tyrod Taylor, Tim Tebow, Jake Locker, etc.). They never had to learn how to be pro-style pocket passers. Not to mention the fact that a lot of youth coaches share the prevailing stereotypical mentality displayed in this thread and automatically steer their players to certain positions in the first place.

Be_Easy_25
07-31-2011, 04:25 PM
answer is that there's more white QBs.
period.

there are more good white QBs.
and there are even way more terrible white QBs.
market is oversaturated....has nothing to do with all of this jibberish about wonderlics etc. etc.....all of that stuff is race baiting/ saying stuff on the internet that you wish you could say in public.

RekeDMC
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
answer is that there's more white QBs.
period.

there are more good white QBs.
and there are even way more terrible white QBs.
market is oversaturated....has nothing to do with all of this jibberish about wonderlics etc. etc.....all of that stuff is race baiting/ saying stuff on the internet that you wish you could say in public.theres alot of black qbs in college so your point is invalid

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
theres alot of black qbs in college so your point is invalid

Because plenty of college football teams specifically recruit for having an athlete at the QB position due to an offense they are running. Read chlaxman's post, he touches on this better than I'm mentally capable of doing.

What LSU sees a guy like Darron Thomas(Oregon QB) as being a FS in college, a team like Oregon saw as him being a QB. Who doesnt want to play QB? Thats why he ended up at Oregon.

Masstastic
07-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Did you even read what I wrote?

Just because the wonderlic isn't a 100% accurate assessment of mental capacity, doesn't mean you can just throw it out the window.

It all but went out of the window when you mentioned several White QB's who went to & won Super Bowls with low Wonderlic scores.

Then how exactly is it an empasse for a Black QB? The whole "mental capacity" argument is silly. 95% of White QB's in the NFL havent won a Super Bowl, does that mean they're not mentally capable of doing so?

White QBs have predominately scored higher than black QBs. Simple as that.

White QBs have predominately made up the number of QBs who've taken the Wonderlic. A low score by 1-2 Black QB's makes more of a statistical impact than a low score by a White QB based on a larger sampling size for them.

QB is probably the most mentally challenging position in all of sports.

If you put 2 and 2 together, you get a piece of the puzzle why black QBs haven't been as successful, DESPITE often times better physical attributes.
Once again you're looking at a small sampling size of Black QB's and questioning why they havent dominated the NFL. They're just as if not more successful than a vast majority of White QB's who've played in the NFL, but because there hasnt been a Black QB on the level of a HOF great like Manning or Brady you're using it as a knock on them.

The superior physical attributes like being faster & more athletic arent a necessity for the QB position.

A guy like Josh Johnson is faster & more athletic than Brady, but Brady has the edge in all important aspects of the QB position, which is why hes a future HOFer and Johnson is a backup. You can make the same argument of Brady eding Kyle Boller in all important aspects of the QB position like I said its all about talent.

It all boils down to those 4 points I mentioned earlier, because you still are playing naive.

Arm strength, Accuracy, Decision making, & Leadership.

Go over it.

Say it outloud and let it stick in your head.

Everything else is secondary.