PDA

View Full Version : MLB could have a HUGE scandal on their hands

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I hate to start the conspiracy talks...I really do. But the Astros are requiring Delgado and Vizcaino for Bourn from us but ship Pence who was far more seriously pursued to the Phillies for Singleton and some Class A pitcher Cosart.

This is after they shipped Lidge to Philly for nothing a couple years ago, and Oswalt to Philly for nothing last year.

I dont want to jump the gun and start saying it's true because clearly there's no proof and it's all just talk, plus it would be terrible for baseball if that's how it ends up going down and I would hate seeing that personally. But even Astros fans on their message board on MLB.com are saying what's going on is very strange and aren't happy with how he's handed these players to Philly (whether intentionally or not remains to be seen)

It's no secret Wade is partial to Philly. He helped build their current system before going to Houston (drafting Utley, Howard, and Hamels). If he gets a job with Philly next season I can assure you that sh*t will most certainly hit the fan.

At first I really didn't think it was true. I just blew it off as Wade being a moron but after seeing that he wants both Arodys and Delgado for f*cking Bourn even I have to start wondering.

In b4 Philly fans try to sweep all this under the rug by saying Im just jealous. Im not jealous. Im not happy you got Pence but I'd like to think you at least got him fairly. It'd suck to see my favorite sport have something like this happen now so I really hope it's not what a lot of people are saying.

Thankfully it's all just talk for now. By seasons end though after Wade is let go by Houston....well we'll just see what happens.

JM2412
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.almostathletes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Amaro.Jr_.jpg
http://umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ed-wade-300x195.jpg

Problem, MLB?

Reptarr
07-30-2011, 09:54 PM
lol the Astros are the Phillies' AAAA team

AmazinJason
07-30-2011, 09:55 PM
lol i have never seen someone so irate and jelly before

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 09:58 PM
lol i have never seen someone so irate and jelly before

I've never seen a hater blindly hate another poster so much.

jkeithc82
07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
They could fire Wade, I'd be fine with that.

Forumite
07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm sure Philly will hire him in the offseason.

The_Albatross
07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I can't believe more teams weren't interested in Pence...

The_Albatross
07-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Are you still a mod? I can't tell with this new forum...

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Are you still a mod? I can't tell with this new forum...

lol x2. Terrible layout is terrible

STA1011
07-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Singleton - #30 at beginning of season
Cosart - #51

Delgado and Vizacaino.... Not even in the top 60

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110124&content_id=16493480&c_id=mlb

not like the Phillies gave them a couple of scrubs for cents on the dollar

cor030
07-30-2011, 10:06 PM
I can't believe more teams weren't interested in Pence...

This is honestly what makes it so fishy. There is no way that better offers weren't on the table for Pence.

Them giving the Phillies an extra million for the luxury tax was extra lulz.

JM2412
07-30-2011, 10:08 PM
lulz.

Nah, but the Astros got a real good package from the Phillies.

Cosart has ace potential but has some durability concerns.

Singleton has a really advanced approach at hitting for his age (one of the youngest players in his league).

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Singleton - #30 at beginning of season
Cosart - #51

Delgado and Vizacaino.... Not even in the top 60

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110124&content_id=16493480&c_id=mlb

not like the Phillies gave them a couple of scrubs for cents on the dollar

Mike Minor #37 (who the Braves openly said they would have sent to Philly)
Randall Delgado #35

Jonathan Singleton #39

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2011/2611317.html

Jarred Cosart #70

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2011/2611313.html

Arodys Vizcaino #93

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2011/2611312.html

So we offered them Minor for sure. Package him with just about anyone else and it's a better offer if you want to go with the rankings even though these rankings are f*cking retarded.

By the way Kimbrel was ranked #83. You think we'd trade him for Singleton? lol.

Now they want Delgado #35 and Arodys #93 for Bourn.

And let's ignore they were insistent on Teheran being included with Minor for Pence yet they settled for #39 Singleton and #70 Cosart.....yeah ok that makes sense. Make the Braves give Top 10 prospect and #37 prospect, then ask Philly to give #39 prospect and #70 prospect and say that was ok....lmfao.

melanimal_old
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM
I think someone is overrating Delgado. Whose stock has fallen pretty hard this season.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 10:45 PM
You are going by how one man rates these players as opposed to their actual worth to a club. If another team's scouts see more potential in a player than how they are ranked, they will want them in a deal. There was nothing fishy about the Pence deal, they gave up some good talent.

melanimal_old
07-30-2011, 10:46 PM
quit believing everything you read written by a sports writer who barely knows anything.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Not saying the deal for Pence was terrible. But Wade is gouging the Braves and letting Philly cherry pick him.

Teheran was a requirement from Atlanta but he bent and settled when the Phillies said he couldn't have Brown. On top of it the Astros go around saying they want pitching and we're willing to give them Minor and he'd rather have Cosart? Come on bro let's be real are you Philly fans really going to sit there and try to tell me Cosart is better than Minor while keeping a straight face?

Just admit it's fishy as f*ck. Im not accusing Philly of anything, at least not yet. And Pence is really just the tip of the iceberg to be honest. There's Oswalt and Lidge. There's chipping in an extra mil so Philly can avoid luxury tax. And I find it hard to believe he wants more for Bourn from us than he wanted from Philly for Pence.

Don't act like Im way out of line here starting this thread. Hell I didn't start these collusion talks so dont blame me for this sh*t. I was just the first to mention it in this forum. These talks originated all over the internet long before I decided to post them in here. What tipped me off was when I saw what he wanted from us for Bourn.

So you phaggots can blow me if you think it's just me being jealous.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Did you see what the Rockies wanted from the Yankees? Top positional prospect, top 2 pitchers, and another MLB-ready pitcher with good potential. It's the business of the game. If you've got a need, another team will try to exploit it.

Negatron617
07-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Huge

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Did you see what the Rockies wanted from the Yankees? Top positional prospect, top 2 pitchers, and another MLB-ready pitcher with good potential. It's the business of the game. If you've got a need, another team will try to exploit it.

The Rockies didn't turn around and sell Jimenez to the Red Sox for much less than they were asking from the Yankees though did they?

If the Astros want to ask for a bounty of players that's all fine and well. But when they ask for the world from Atlanta and then turn around and give players to Philly 3 straight years for a moderate return you dont think people are going to notice?

The Rockies were consistent in their asking price for Jimenez and they raped the Indians in that deal. They weren't like, "oh well since youre the Indians we'll give you Jimenez for much less than what we would want from NYY."

That's the problem here. It's not that they traded Pence to Philly. It's that they asked us for unreasonable packages of players (on Pence AND now on Bourn too who isn't nearly as desirable on the market as Pence was) then they turn around and let Philly have him for a package that wasn't bad in any way, but wasnt in the vicinity of talent that they seem to want from us for the same people.

And that's where these talks started on the internet. It's not me. Hell it's not even Braves fans that started these. Astros fans are the ones who are befuddled right now. That says a lot. Braves fans have since joined in once we heard what he wanted for Bourn.

It's almost laughable what he wants for Bourn to be honest. It really is. After what he dealt Pence for. It's just flat out laughable.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
lol they wanted Reddick AND Weiland from the Sox

They wanted Minor AND Teheran from us

And they settled for a couple Single A guys from the Phillies. Uh huh that seems normal. :rolleyes:

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Just because they are in A-ball doesn't mean they don't have talent. They are some of the best prospects the Phillies had.

Calmdownbro.jpg

AmazinJason
07-31-2011, 12:00 AM
bacon still mad? man how long can someone stay mad over something like this.

kyleTX
07-31-2011, 12:02 AM
This is after they shipped Lidge to Philly for nothing a couple years ago,

that's how the astros acquired Bourn, the player you're creaming your panties about. Jesus christ

But yes, Wade is still on the Phillies payroll. Strong collusion is strong, congress should waste our tax money investigating this rather than worrying about who's on cell tech

bn7
07-31-2011, 12:03 AM
The funny thing about the Lidge trade is to this day everyone still bitches about it being lopsided.

Lidge had an amazing 08, and has now had 3 more or less lost seasons of injuries/mediocrity. He has a whopping 1.8 WAR over 3+ seasons. Bourn has a cumulative WAR of 13.6 over that same time span.

Yet somehow that was looked at as a rape.

bbacn123
07-31-2011, 12:07 AM
bacon still mad? man how long can someone stay mad over something like this.

I dont know. Ask me again in November when Wade signs on with the Phillies.

jross2021
07-31-2011, 06:14 AM
when will it be Seattle's turn for conspiracy?

PitBillSoxFan
07-31-2011, 07:22 AM
wait, a GM is asking for different sets of prospects for a player?

I fully expect this huge scandal to bring baseball to it's knees. It'll be worse than the Black Sox or steroids.

mlb should prepare their anus.

MikeJones77
07-31-2011, 07:31 AM
JA Happ for Oswalt was a good trade, not srs

matexas
07-31-2011, 08:13 AM
It's not collusion. Ed wade is just dumb as shiit. Astros traded Oswalt and berkmen AND paid the majority of both contracts.

Oswalt had a no trade clause and listed only 4-5 teams he wanted to go to.

Lodge for bourn turned out ok on the long run. Short term for phils vs long term for Astros

ATownDRock
07-31-2011, 08:14 AM
But yes, Wade is still on the Phillies payroll. Strong collusion is strong, congress should waste our tax money investigating this rather than worrying about who's on cell tech

They shouldn't be worrying about either

STA1011
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
So is this the time when we turn back on braves fans since they traded bread crumbs for Bourn ?

You can quit ur whining now

RyzinEnagy
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Well that's different. The Yankees always get the higher price regardless of need. I hope Seattle is enjoying Justin Smoak.

bbacn123
07-31-2011, 09:41 AM
It's not collusion. Ed wade is just dumb as shiit.

Yep I agree with that now

bbacn123
07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
You can quit ur whining now

Where was I whining? I didn't start these talks for like the 1000th time you dumbass. Astros fans started them. Sorry for being the first one to post them on this board.

I said nothing is for sure now and we'd know more at seasons end. That's what I said. I usually dont neg people but you're very close because you're trying to put words into my mouth about stuff I didnt say. I never said there was collusion. I said it was a POSSIBILITY.

There's always dictionary.com if youre too stupid to know what that word means. Even the thread title says COULD have a huge scandal. Not that they do. That they could.

Sounds to me like someone else is lashing out now cause we got Bourn.

STA1011
07-31-2011, 09:52 AM
All this does is strengthen the fact that the NL representative will be from the East

Sounds to me like someone else is lashing out now cause we got Bourn.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZUNRFuQs7P4/TdZ_v_F-vII/AAAAAAAACEE/ELlMIjwbk5Y/s400/shane.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp2j7kORu91qb0kb8.jpg

STA1011
07-31-2011, 10:36 AM
It's not collusion. Ed wade is just dumb as shiit. Astros traded Oswalt and berkmen AND paid the majority of both contracts.

Oswalt had a no trade clause and listed only 4-5 teams he wanted to go to.

Lodge for bourn turned out ok on the long run. Short term for phils vs long term for Astros

This.

All you need to do is look at some of Wade's terrible trades WITH the Phillies.

Curt Schilling for Travis Lee, Omar Daal, Vicente Padilla

Scott Rolen for Polanco, Bud Smith, Mike Timlin

dirtyram
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm done with the Lastros! Ed Wade is the biggest piece of SH!T ass hole mongoloid!!

bbacn123
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Ed Wade rejoins Phillies in scouting role.

jus sayin

JM2412
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM

jus sayin
lolol I remember this thread.

Problem, bbacn?

Can't wait for baseball too (srs).

AriGhold
12-19-2011, 09:10 PM
baseball reasons

bbacn123
12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
lolol I remember this thread.

Problem, bbacn?

Can't wait for baseball too (srs).

But what will you do in 2012 and beyond without an inside man handing you top tier talent from your own personal MLB farm system?

melanimal_old
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Its not like the Astros didnt take 5 Baseball America top 100 prospects from us the past 2 years. Gose, Singleton and Cosart will be top 50

bbacn123
05-14-2012, 07:17 PM

jus sayin

lol

jkeithc82
05-14-2012, 07:22 PM
lol

Wizard

Goby
05-14-2012, 07:54 PM
The Rockies didn't turn around and sell Jimenez to the Red Sox for much less than they were asking from the Yankees though did they?

If the Astros want to ask for a bounty of players that's all fine and well. But when they ask for the world from Atlanta and then turn around and give players to Philly 3 straight years for a moderate return you dont think people are going to notice?

The Rockies were consistent in their asking price for Jimenez and they raped the Indians in that deal. They weren't like, "oh well since youre the Indians we'll give you Jimenez for much less than what we would want from NYY."

That's the problem here. It's not that they traded Pence to Philly. It's that they asked us for unreasonable packages of players (on Pence AND now on Bourn too who isn't nearly as desirable on the market as Pence was) then they turn around and let Philly have him for a package that wasn't bad in any way, but wasnt in the vicinity of talent that they seem to want from us for the same people.

And that's where these talks started on the internet. It's not me. Hell it's not even Braves fans that started these. Astros fans are the ones who are befuddled right now. That says a lot. Braves fans have since joined in once we heard what he wanted for Bourn.

It's almost laughable what he wants for Bourn to be honest. It really is. After what he dealt Pence for. It's just flat out laughable.

Indians didn't get raped. Both teams got raped because it looks like it's a lose lose deal.

bbacn123
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Indians didn't get raped. Both teams got raped because it looks like it's a lose lose deal.

lol Pomeranz and White have looked pretty bad. I won't lie. At the time it appeared they were getting quite the package though.

Goby
05-14-2012, 08:44 PM
lol Pomeranz and White have looked pretty bad. I won't lie. At the time it appeared they were getting quite the package though.

Yeah I was irate. The Indians problem has always been hitting for like the past decade and they went out and got a pitcher.