PDA

View Full Version : Braves players frustrated with management

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
AJC Reports:

-When told last night that Pence was traded to Philly and not coming here many of the Braves players rolled their eyes and muttered their displeasure.

-Many Braves players are high on Upton. Some like Bourn. All want another reliever.

Trapstar4.4
07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow i was wondering how the players felt about this. Just before the trade deadline frenzy began, chipper talked about how they needed to make a fee moves to really make that push. We didn't do jack sht. The front office really dropped the ball on this one. They bitched up

MikeJones77
07-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Been reading on MLB rumors the Astros prefered the Braves prospects and wanted pitching don't know how they didn't get him. •The Braves would have included Mike Minor in a deal for Pence, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (on Twitter).

Reptarr
07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
The Braves don't make desperation moves...just not their style.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Giants interested in Bourn now

God damn Atlanta what the f*ck are you doing

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Mike Minor for Andruw Jones

do it.

http://i.imgur.com/FwZAK.gif

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
The Braves don't make desperation moves...just not their style.

You do know we havent had a leadoff hitter since Furcal right? Maybe they can try out "desperation" for once and get the guy we need, Bourn.

Or are you saying you like having Schafer and McLouth suck ass every night in the CF/Leadoff position.

MikeJones77
07-30-2011, 07:10 PM
isn't the philly pitching prospect the Stros got in single A? they turned down minor for him?

magicmatt
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
braves will be moved out of atlanta soon enough

LostOne287
07-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Braves dun goofed. Good luck with your playoff goals for 2011.

UniversityMisc
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Every since Liberty Media bought the Braves its been all downhill. They don't care about winning.

Forumite
07-30-2011, 08:36 PM
The Astros wanted both Minor, Delgado, Bethancourt (sp) and a Class A pitcher the Braves thought very highly of. Instead they take a package from the Phils that had much less upside, Ed Wade will be fired at seasons end and probably get a job with Philthy..... if so MLB needs to look into collusion.

Right now reports are that the Astros want to start with Bethancourt and probably want Minor as well for Bourn.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Every since Liberty Media bought the Braves its been all downhill. They don't care about winning.

Actually since they bought the team we've started winning again. But you're right it's not because of them. They don't care.

It certainly hasn't been downhill though for the team. It's been the opposite.

And news on Bourn, Astros demanding Arodys and Delgado from us....for Bourn. Seriously starting to buy into the collusion talks with the Phillies. That's absurd. They didn't get those kind of players for Pence and Pence was much more highly sought.

UniversityMisc
07-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Actually since they bought the team we've started winning again. But you're right it's not because of them. They don't care.

And news on Bourn, Astros demanding Arodys and Delgado from us....for Bourn. Seriously starting to buy into the collusion talks with the Phillies. That's absurd. They didn't get those kind of players for Pence and Pence was much more highly sought.

Yeah I didn't mean the team, I was referring to the front office/management.

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 08:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6dH4c.gif

might as well throw Minor in their list of demands too, lmao.

GetBigyo
07-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Epic fail.

How do you let him go to your rival. It's not even like Pence would be a rental... Dude is 28 and underrated.

LostOne287
07-30-2011, 08:43 PM
And news on Bourn, Astros demanding Arodys and Delgado from us....for Bourn.

http://i54.tinypic.com/20gxheq.jpg

Aran
07-30-2011, 08:43 PM

obviously they feel you guys are desperate to make a trade.

Forumite
07-30-2011, 08:46 PM

Just saw where Bowden tweeted that but not even 10 minutes earlier Shanks reported that the deal would be centered around catcher Christian Bethancourt. Something doesn't add up.....

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 08:52 PM
obviously they feel you guys are desperate to make a trade.

Either that or something else.

Aran
07-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Either that or something else.
lol i just saw your scandal thread. to be honest, as someone who doesn't closely follow either team...it does seem very suspicious. but there really isn't any rule being broken. teams are free to make whatever trades they want to.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 09:00 PM
lol i just saw your scandal thread. to be honest, as someone who doesn't closely follow either team...it does seem very suspicious. but there really isn't any rule being broken. teams are free to make whatever trades they want to.

And Im not saying there has been any rules broken. But if Wade signs on with Philly at the end of the season the MLB may want to look into collusion. Until then though there's nothing to this so like I said in that thread, no need to jump the gun. Im not accusing either of doing it. Just pointing out something, and if Wade signs with Philly I will fully believe it at that point so Im hoping he doesnt sign on for the sake of baseball.