PDA

View Full Version : Indians about to Trade Pomeranz, Kipnis and White for Jiminez...

BeachBrah22
07-30-2011, 05:20 PM
If this happens I swear to god I am done with this team

Shinya-Aoki
07-30-2011, 05:22 PM
lol

bobcat11
07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Ahh ****... We should just wait until next year! WTF!

bobcat11
07-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Trading (arguably) our best young pitchers and Kipnis...pls no.

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 05:48 PM
deal done

u fcuked. lmao.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 05:51 PM
In b4 Indians have no hope for contending anyway. At least the Yankees didn't waste their farm on him.

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 05:52 PM
In b4 Indians have no hope for contending anyway. At least the Yankees didn't waste their farm on him.

exactly, thanks Indians for making sure Cashman couldn't fcuk up.

BroHeat
07-30-2011, 05:52 PM
jesus...three of the only prospects (also chiz) they should have made untouchable.

ubaldo sucks. brb getting ripped off HARD

*sigh*...just another day in the life of an indians fan.

VTheKing
07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
If the report is true...

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/47914/cuban2.gif

For ****s sake, will this franchise ever learn that drying up your prospect pool year in and year out will rarely result in berths, let alone a WC? Brb probably not winning anything before the Cubs.

bn7
07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice I have Kipnis as a minor leaguer in my keeper league. Dude's going to do work in Coors Field.

Also sorry for Indians fans though, pretty ballsy move by the org.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 05:56 PM
exactly, thanks Indians for making sure Cashman couldn't fcuk up.My thoughts exactly. From what I read, the Yankees pulled their offer of Montero and and/or Betances/Banuellos and offered Hughes instead haha. Brb, blowing up a pitcher and offering him to another team asking for the moon and thinking it's acceptable.

jesus...three of the only prospects (also chiz) they should have made untouchable.

ubaldo sucks. brb getting ripped off HARD

*sigh*...just another day in the life of an indians fan.
I think it's going to be one of the most miserable deals the Indians will ever make, and they've already made a bunch of them. Just traded a bunch of top prospects for a deteriorated AJ Burnett (velocity is down from last year).

richard02
07-30-2011, 05:58 PM
So glad i'm not an Indians fan, more power to the people who are.

Nice I have Kipnis as a minor leaguer in my keeper league. Dude's going to do work in Coors Field.

Also sorry for Indians fans though, pretty ballsy move by the org.

Kipnis is staying put.

BeachBrah22
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Pomeranz White McBride for Jiminez

Holy fukk we couldve gotten Pence for that

we dont need anymore god damn pitching!

VTheKing
07-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Pomeranz White McBride for Jiminez

Holy fukk we couldve gotten Pence for that

we dont need anymore god damn pitching!

but but it worked for the Giants right right

magicmatt
07-30-2011, 06:04 PM
in for ari response

BroHeat
07-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I think it's going to be one of the most miserable deals the Indians will ever make, and they've already made a bunch of them. Just traded a bunch of top prospects for a deteriorated AJ Burnett (velocity is down from last year).

totally agree. brb trading 2 top of the rotation prospects for a guy who has doe nothing but get worse since his one breakout season.

same thing they did with hafner and fausto. the guys had one god freakin year and they threw the piggybank at them instead of seeing if they could do it for more than one damn season. stupid, stupid decisions.

and i'm reading it's pomeranz, white, and matt mcbride. so it appears kipnis is safe?

sups31
07-30-2011, 06:16 PM
inb4 ubaldo carries the indians to a division title

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
inb4 ubaldo carries the indians to a division title

they don't even need him, the AL central is terrible

magicmatt
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
now reading on twitter that jiminez is starting tonight and sox beat reporters saying sox still in it?

http://twitter.com/#!/GordonEdes

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 06:25 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Joelsherman1/statuses/97462386813960193

Post has learned that #Yankees asked #Rockies 4 datys ago to do physical on Jimenez if deal agreed to, Col refused, so Yanks bowed out

lol he's probably messed up, rox trying to dump him

BroHeat
07-30-2011, 06:29 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Joelsherman1/statuses/97462386813960193

Post has learned that #Yankees asked #Rockies 4 datys ago to do physical on Jimenez if deal agreed to, Col refused, so Yanks bowed out

lol he's probably messed up, rox trying to dump him

wouldnt doubt this. currently praying the red sux somehow pull of a deal and save the tribe front office from their own stupidity.

MontelWilliams
07-30-2011, 06:54 PM
i see that the rockies already have someone warming up in the bottom of the first...looks like a deal might be reached very soon. I feel like this trade has bust all over it...

BroHeat
07-30-2011, 06:57 PM
i see that the rockies already have someone warming up in the bottom of the first...looks like a deal might be reached very soon. I feel like this trade has bust all over it...

agreed. i'm just praying the sox swung a deal. the tribe CANNOT make these sorts of decisions.

WheyneNewton
07-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Ubaldo getting hugs and handshakes in the dugout, deal's done.

TexasHeat
07-30-2011, 07:13 PM
indians control jimenez for 3 more years, thats why it was so expensive.

bad trade for them though.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 07:21 PM
8:01pm: It appears that the Indians are getting a fourth player, Jon Heyman of SI.com reports (on Twitter).
Lulled hard. I wonder who else they included.

northnorth35
07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
gardner, mcbride and white has been confirmed brah

BeachBrah22
07-30-2011, 07:46 PM
"Ubaldo seen crying in the dugout. He appears aware of his future run support."

cheerupemokid
07-30-2011, 08:02 PM

It's funny because it's true.

Did the Rockies still make out in this trade? I'm a fair weather baseball fan, and the Rockies suck this year. I have no idea about any of those guys.

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 08:07 PM
It's funny because it's true.

Did the Rockies still make out in this trade? I'm a fair weather baseball fan, and the Rockies suck this year. I have no idea about any of those guys.
Rockies made out very well... especially being that they wouldn't even give the guy a physical to show whether or not he was healthy.

PatrickBateman1
07-30-2011, 09:00 PM

I would cry too if I had move from Denver to Cleveland.

MontelWilliams
07-30-2011, 09:02 PM
I would cry too if I had move from Denver to Cleveland.

lulz your hate for anything ohio is never ending

LostOne287
07-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Rape of the century. brb Justin Masterson has a 2.56 era with only 8 wins but let's trade for more pitching. Pomeranz alone will be better than Ubaldo then you throw the rest in it's just ridiculous.

bobcat11
07-31-2011, 12:12 AM
White and Pomeranz will end up being better than ****ing jimenez. **** you indians gm! i hope you rot in hell for this trade. both are sweet pitchers and ubaldo is falling hard. **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you

MooseLaddin
07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
absolutely retarded trade by the Indians. I'm sorry but Drew Pomeranz is absolutely filthy, and his future is unbelievably bright. I know they kept Kipnis, but Pomeranz by himself is more valuable than Jimenez, and you add Alex White to. I'm just shaking my head, I hope Jimenez turns out great for the Indians, but I don't see it, I see Pomeranz making multiple all star teams and possibly Cy Young as well. He has that upside. He should make the rotation for the Rockies next year out of spring training I think.

evilsteve02
07-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Everyone in here is overracting. Pomeranz and White look good, but who knows. What kind of track record do any of those guys have at the MLB level, not to mention injuries happen; Adam Miller, enough said. White already had a finger issue, i see Tommy John Surgery in Pomeranz future and they won't reach their full potential until 2014 or 15. So let the Rockies feel the pain of having those guys produce for them and leave to play for the yankees. We sold HIGH. We brought in a true #1 pitcher who will be around for 2012,13, and 14. Our organizational depth is at Starting Pitching. We will continue to draft well and we won't even miss either of those guys. With Jimenez, Masterson, and Carmona (as long as he keeps meeting with his psych) we have 3 guys who pitch like number 1's more often that none.
This move was made for the right reasons and i like it a lot.

Now we don't need to go out and sign a vet pitcher to fill into our rotation next season. Look at the bums who will be free agents that will comand more than 2 million a year as a starter.

Lastly, the deal isn't finalized until an Indians approved doctor does a physical on Jimenez. Looks like a win for the Indians now and a maybe win for the Rockies in 3 years.