PDA

View Full Version : Going to educate the sports misc on the Eagles

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 04:17 PM
There has understandably been tons of hate flowing to us in the past couple days and I just want to make sure you Haters at least can hate on correct facts so here goes:

1) They have cap space left
The eagles still have a lot of cap space left as said by team president joe banner. They have money left from cap credits that carry over from last season, restructuring Vick to a long term contract which will bring his number from 16mill to around 10-12, and cutting/trading deadweight players like with brodrick bunkley who they just traded for a fifth round pick to the browns (gave them 2mill extra). Other cuts/trades soon to happen are jaqua Parker (4mill) and hoselio Hanson (1-4mill).

2) Desean jacson will be resigned
As mentioned above we have a good amount of cap space left so this will be no problem. This is not like the TO situation, the team knows he's worth more than 500-900k a year and will pay him as soon as they are done making outside moves. Desean will be signed to a long term contract by the end of preseason probably around 7-10 mil a year.

3) our D coordinator is an O-line coach.
First off, my 15 year old sister is an upgrade over Sean mcdermot and his overly complicated schemes which had no respect from his players. Secondly Juan Castillo played LB in college, his son plays safety at Iowa, and he has always been a defensive guy first and formost as he tells anyone who asks. When the legendary JJ (RIP) was the DC he frequently worked on gameplans with Juan which shows how much respect he had for him as a defensive mind. Who would better know how to attack an offense than the man put in charge of stopping said attacks? Not saying he will be the best of all time but he will certainly not be a liability.

4) Asante will not be traded
If he is traded none of you will be happy because the only way they would trade him is if they get a kolb-esque steal which would have to include a pro bowl caliber player along with a mid round pick. He will most likely be with the eagles this year as his contract isn't that bad at 6-7 mill this season and he can be easily traded in the off season. DRC has said he has no problem playing the slot since the eagles use their slot corner about 60-70% of the game anyway he will play starters minutes.

5)Vick will be injured
Well since any QB can get injured at any time in the NFL and losing your stared always downgrades your team I don't see how this is any different from the other 32 teams. If he does get injured however we have one of the better backups in the league in Vince young and while we as fans are hard on our players, the backup QB has been a favorite with us for a long while and he would be given slack obviously if he is forced into a staters role. As far as backups go, id rather have VY than most other teams number 2's

6) Andy Reid
Has no idea how to use timeouts true but players play hard for him and many (VY and babin specifically) have stated that they chose the eagles partially due to Reid so I don't think he hurts us that much.

7) our LB's suck
I'd argue that they are average but we are starting a rookie at MLB as of now and are very young so this is definitely a weak spot. But every team has weaknesses and I'd take our single one at LB over any other teams'

I don't think well go undefeated and just kill everyone since injuries and other unforeseen things can easily come up but as of now I think were one of the most complete teams in the NFL who can beat anyone and definitely win the Superbowl.
now you hate away with knowledge

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you I was uneducated

ChuteBoxeFC
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
So......DeSean Jackson will be resigned? Your title and explanation are contradictory

and Juan Castillo is not an upgrade from McDermott, IMO. And your analogy of who better to plan defensive schemes than a guy who knows the offense is pretty flawed.

Everything else I guess is pretty accurate.

bn7
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
So......DeSean Jackson will be resigned? Your title and explanation are contradictory

and Juan Castillo is not an upgrade from McDermott, IMO. And your analogy of who better to plan defensive schemes than a guy who knows the offense is pretty flawed.

Everything else I guess is pretty accurate.I think he just mis-worded it. D-Jax will be signed, and back with the team.

texanadian
07-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Having no great linebackers is not a concern to me. Lets be real this is a passing oriented league. We have the best d-line coach in the business with Jim Washburn, who has plenty of pass rushers (Babin, Cole, Graham, Parker, Jenkins). And the best secondary in the league. Linebackers in this type of system just need to be sure tacklers who can stop a running back if they get past the line.

And as far as Juan Castillo is concerned, I think he will do fine. He has been around football for decades now and is by far and away the hardest working individual in the League. (dead srs) If you have not watched some of the documentary type things on this guy go watch now. He is the first in the building by 2 hours and the last one out. As mentioned above he knows quite a bit about linebacker and secondary coaching (not that he needs that second part). And Washburn is more than capable of coaching the line by himself while educating Castillo at the same time.

other than those 2 points I agree with the rest of your post OP

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Yea I did mis word it I meant to say he will be signed to a long term contract. And @texanadian we agreed on the 2 points you brought up idk what your talkin about haha I said castillo will be good and while the LB's are definitely a weakness in relation to the other parts of our team 'm not worried about them because they have potential we just don't know how that's gonna work out.

@FC would you care to explain how mcdermot is better than Castillo when we haven't even seen Castillo's defense while sean's was not good last season? How is my analogy flawed, I'm not saying that his experience as the line coach is the sole reason he will be a good DC, I'm saying that coupled with the fact that he is originally a LB and defensive guy it proves that he isn't just some random offensive guy tryna just now start to coach defense.

jyjj
07-30-2011, 06:55 PM
desean jackson won't be resigned but he'll get 7-10M
Samuel will be traded but he'll be with the team for the year?

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM
desean jackson won't be resigned but he'll get 7-10M
Samuel will be traded but he'll be with the team for the year?

I mis-worded a little bit, has been edited

alleyezonme3
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
How long have all you been Eagles fans for, maybe 48 hours???

Packers64
07-30-2011, 07:13 PM

This lol.

Thats what happens in cities with 1 sports championship in 30 years tho. People come out of the woodwork when things look good.

thebestrbevr21

Born and raised in Philly still live here so 20 years. Went through the tough times with Rodney pete, Ty detmer. Witnessed mcnabb stunt on cards with a broken leg. Love deuce staley.

TexasHeat
how many superbowls have they won again?

there is no reason to hate the eagles

REDFIVEO
07-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't hate or dislike the Eagles anymore then I ever did (I've been a Cards fan since they were in the same division as the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys so I haven't really liked them ever) I am just annoyed by all of the morons already jumping on their bandwagon who 1 week ago couldn't name five Eagles players and probably still can't.

They have had aguably the best offseason so far and have room to do more so you have to give them props but really when was the last time that the team who got the most big name players in free agency won the Super Bowl? Just ask the Redskins how that's worked for them in the past.

ChuteBoxeFC
07-30-2011, 07:33 PM
The Eagles have only won the off-season superbowl.

They have picked up a lot of great players but I wonder how it's all going to play out. Taking great players and putting them into different systems and expecting results is a big risk. It doesn't always work.

JM2412
07-30-2011, 07:35 PM
This lol.

Thats what happens in cities with 1 sports championship in 30 years tho. People come out of the woodwork when things look good.

Yeah, because there haven't been an influx of Packers fans in this section over the past year...

lol @ you thinking the Eagles have a lot of bandwagon fans.

Philadelphia is a football city.

ChuteBoxeFC
07-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah, because there haven't been an influx of Packers fans in this section over the past year...

When a football team is winning or making splashes, their fans will be more vocal. That's the way it is. That doesn't necessarily mean people are jumping on a bandwagon. After all what is the point in running your mouth if your team isn't doing anything?

But then again whether your team is winning or your team is losing, other fan bases will bash you and make fun of you either way.

Your team is doing well: "lol look at all these ____ fans crawling out of the woodwork"
Your team is losing: "lol your team sucks you have no business talking" "lol how many rings does your team have?"

JM2412
07-30-2011, 07:46 PM
When a football team is winning or making splashes, their fans will be more vocal. That's the way it is. That doesn't necessarily mean people are jumping on a bandwagon. After all what is the point in running your mouth if your team isn't doing anything?

But then again whether your team is winning or your team is losing, other fan bases will bash you and make fun of you either way.

Your team is doing well: "lol look at all these ____ fans crawling out of the woodwork"
Your team is losing: "lol your team sucks you have no business talking" "lol how many rings does your team have?"

Good points.

I just find it hilarious that the guy I quoted would bring up fans coming out of the woodworks when the Eagles fanbase is one of the most loyal and passionate in the United States (with the Packers, Steelers, etc.).

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM
There is a slight difference between the lolskins signing players to obvious overpaying contracts(100 mil for a d tackle) and the eagles getting discounts on said players (ASO getting 12 mil when he made 14-16 last year, Cullen Jenkins for basically a 4mil one year contract, babin for 6mil/year, DRC for around 2 mil).

Also, since ASO is a bump and run corner and that's the coverage we plan on , Babin brought in because he excels in the wide 9 deployed by Jim Washburn, Jenkins a pass rushing DT perfect for the wide-9 as well, and VY a QB comparable (obviously not near as talented though) to our starter; i dont see how these players are in the wrong system.

I never said the eagles will 100% win the SB and murder the league because of these moves. I actually specifically said that's not true. But it's obvious they greatly improved an already dangerous team.

Packers64
07-30-2011, 08:01 PM

Good points.

I just find it hilarious that the guy I quoted would bring up fans coming out of the woodworks when the Eagles fanbase is one of the most loyal and passionate in the United States (with the Packers, Steelers, etc.).

sports misc does not equal real life. Theres a **** ton of new vocal eagle "fans" on the boards now.

milkman04
07-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Philly is having a great offseason OP, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, but they will lose both games to the Cowboys.

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Philly is having a great offseason OP, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, but they will lose both games to the Cowboys.

No sir! romo will have nobody to throw to with the secondary and then will be wrecked by our new and improved D-line. And vick will be raining hail marry passes all over that trainwreck you guys call a secondary son

TallBrah
07-30-2011, 08:28 PM
been living in phila since the age of 0.01 seconds

texanadian
07-30-2011, 08:43 PM

you are one cheeky kunt mate i swear. good luck fighting for 3rd place in the NFC east

thegenerel
07-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Born and raised in Philly still live here so 20 years. Went through the tough times with Rodney pete, Ty detmer. Witnessed mcnabb stunt on cards with a broken leg. Love deuce staley.

a real fan should be able to spell a player's last name, tard

what a crock of ****. the 'tough times' w/ Rodney PeEte were 1995-96, when you were somewhere between 4-6 years old. what a difficult phase! pretty damn impressive for a four year old to make it through to the 2 year reign of terror that was Rodney Peete.

and its Duce Staley. not Deuce, as in Deuce McAllister

maybe you are the one that needs educated.

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 08:48 PM
a real fan should be able to spell a player's last name, tard

what a crock of ****. the 'tough times' w/ Rodney PeEte were 1995-96, when you were somewhere between 4-6 years old. what a difficult phase! pretty damn impressive for a four year old to make it through to the 2 year reign of terror that was Rodney Peete.

and its Duce Staley. not Deuce, as in Deuce McAllister

maybe you are the one that needs educated.

Lol Really? Because I accidentally mis-spelled their last names I'm lying? I dont care enough about what some random person who I will never meet thinks about my fandom to write a 10 page paper on my personal eagles experiences. 4-6 year olds don't watch football?

Antonio519
07-30-2011, 09:29 PM
No one hates the eagles, Aaron Rodgers is going to be completing passes all over the eagles when/if they play (playoffs possibly) (no packer fan)

Miked1978
07-30-2011, 09:36 PM
What happened to Ernie Sims? I know he's a free agent but i always thought he was a decent LB and then I read somewhere saying he wasn't.

ChuteBoxeFC
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Good points.

Passionate, Absolutely. No dispute there. The Eagles and Philly sports fans are very passionate. But loyal, idk about that. If you aren't winning in Philly you are hated, if you are winning you are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I know because I live here.

theACEofSPADES
07-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Sucks that I won't be able to watch most of the season

thebestrbevr21
07-30-2011, 10:29 PM
What happened to Ernie Sims? I know he's a free agent but i always thought he was a decent LB and then I read somewhere saying he wasn't.

He's fast and strong and hits hard but has very little football knowledge. He just runs full speed at a hole, usually the wrong one or overrunning the play completely, putting him in a bad position where he rarely makes a play. Doesn't get a significant amount of INT's tackles, sacks, FF nothing. The Lions fans tried to tell us this when we picked him up last year but we thought we could fix him and we were wrong. Ernie sims sucks

spirit3530
07-30-2011, 10:30 PM
How do you define loyalty?

Eagles fans always pack the Vet when the Eagles were ****ty. Eagles fans may complain but they love the Birds always have and always will. Eagles fans may turn on players but they love their team. Players come and go but the Eagles fan loves the Eagles

Easy to be a Fan of a team that has won multiple super bowls and has MANY HOF'ers.

Should be a rule that Packers and Cowboys fans can never question what a true fan is. That is like Bill Gates wanting to have sympathy because he is no longer the richest man in the US.

BenadrylBandit
07-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with you OP.

But to address "bandwagon" claims by the jelly haters, Eagles fans are some of the most loyal fans, we have been and always will be, we're a football city who loves the birds.

You do realize that the eagles have been one of the top teams every year for the passed decade? There is no need for a bandwagon now, we've been to 5 NFC championships in 10 years, with one super bowl appearance. We didn't make the playoffs 2 years in the last 10. If there was a bandwagon to hop on to, it passed a long time ago.

The Cowboys are just like the Yankees, the two biggest bandwagon teams in the history of sports.

ChuteBoxeFC
07-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Eagles fans may turn on players
Well that is not loyalty.

Easy to be a Fan of a team that has won multiple super bowls and has MANY HOF'ers. Should be a rule that Packers and Cowboys fans can never question what a true fan is.

Don't take your anger out on me, pal. Just because you are a fan of a team that doesn't win and I am a fan of one that does doesn't make you anymore loyal or passionate or more of a fan than I am.