PDA

View Full Version : ATL Fail

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Seriously, the Atlanta Braves front-office failed horribly. Letting Pence go to the Phillies and Beltran going to the Giants. Now, unless they get Quentin, they would have to be a trade deadline failure. They NEED an outfield bat. They have a loaded farm, not letting go of a few for an OF'er when they desperately need one means that they are not in win-now mode. Congrats to the Phillies and Giants for improving their teams.

JKS4
07-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I want Bourn and Heath Bell

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe it was just cause I was at last nights game but I really liked Constanza. Dude can straight up fly.

I have absolutely NO idea why we didn't try to see what he could do up here way earlier. That may be an even bigger fail than letting Pence go to the Phillies. He seems to be performing very well in AAA and looked pretty comfortable last night in his first game with in the Bigs.

Instead ATL likes to stick with guys like Proctor and McLouth while guys like Varvaro and Conztanza who could help us sit in the minors.

Sadly it's too late to roll the dice on Constanza now. We needed more time to see what he could do. Now we do have to make a trade though.

bn7
07-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to part with any of their top arms.

With Hanson, Jurrjens, & Beachy in the rotation, and Venters, O'Flaherty, & Kimbrel in the pen. Where exactly do they plan on putting all of these pitchers?

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to part with any of their top arms.

With Hanson, Jurrjens, & Beachy in the rotation, and Venters, O'Flaherty, & Kimbrel in the pen. Where exactly do they plan on putting all of these pitchers?

Let's not forget the forgotten man Kris Medlen too.

Do we really even need Teheran? I mean I get it he's supposed to be fantastic but we already have fantastic.

Hanson
Jurrjens
Beachy
Medlen
Teheran/Delgado/Arodys/Minor

Realistically we could ship any 3 of those last 4 off and be just fine with MLB pitching for at least the next 5 years.

chlaxman
07-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Why do braves fans want them to sacrifice very good future assets for a pretty good hitter?

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Why do braves fans want them to sacrifice very good future assets for a pretty good hitter?

Honestly we dont need to sacrifice that much. We dont really need Pence. We need a CF who can be a leadoff hitter for us with some speed. Bourn is absolutely perfect for us but the Braves sit on their ass and do nothing.

I never wanted Beltran personally. Pence would have been nice but I still think Bourn is our perfect fit. It hurts to see Pence go to Philly though.

My list of players I preferred went like this:

Adam Jones (yeah strong wish but if I could get anyone it'd be him)
Bourn
Rasmus
Pence

Span would have been an acceptable guy to pursue too but instead we hear ATL linked to f*cking Quentin and Ludwick and Willingham and Coco f*cking Crisp. Serious? GTFO Atlanta management.

melanimal_old
07-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I dont really understand why Minor isnt expendable

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Why do braves fans want them to sacrifice very good future assets for a pretty good hitter?Because the Braves have seemed to want to make a run this year, and they can't make that run with the guys they have in their OF, much like the Giants can't make the run without some hitting. I think some of those top arms are expendable with their current rotation and crop of guys in the bigs. For a team like the Yankees, that's not the case- they have weak pitching right now, so getting rid of some of their young and promising arms would just be dumb. Atlanta is in a good spot to give something up and not really mortgage their future.

chlaxman
07-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Honestly we dont need to sacrifice that much. We dont really need Pence. We need a CF who can be a leadoff hitter for us with some speed. Bourn is absolutely perfect for us but the Braves sit on their ass and do nothing.

I never wanted Beltran personally. Pence would have been nice but I still think Bourn is our perfect fit. It hurts to see Pence go to Philly though.

My list of players I preferred went like this:

Adam Jones (yeah strong wish but if I could get anyone it'd be him)
Bourn
Rasmus
Pence

Span would have been an acceptable guy to pursue too but instead we hear ATL linked to f*cking Quentin and Ludwick and Willingham and Coco f*cking Crisp. Serious? GTFO Atlanta management.

Picking up quentin or the others would be worse than nothing

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:25 AM
The Braves are not one of the main teams in on Bourn yet, tweets Rosenthal.

Posted 30 minutes ago

What the F*CK Braves blow me.

Just go get Ludwick cause we all know thats what you phaggots are gonna do.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Picking up quentin or the others would be worse than nothing

No sh*t

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Ludwick or Francoeur would provide absolutely nothing to any team besides a third/fourth outfielder. For a team making a run at a title, you need something better than that. Quentin is just about the only thing that could save-face for Atlanta, but he's still no Beltran or Pence.

BeauJ
07-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I can't wait to see the shiit streak left across Wren's marble floor office after he drags whatever turd to Atlanta and tries to convince the fans "We tried and did what we could"

Same old front office, different season

cmdmac514
07-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't wait to see the shiit streak left across Wren's marble floor office after he drags whatever turd to Atlanta and tries to convince the fans "We tried and did what we could"

Same old front office, different seasonThat's what sets apart the good teams from the very good teams. For that reason, I can see the Blue Jays becoming a very good team in the near future.

bn7
07-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Braves fans, do you guys think the org is gun shy about making the big move after how the Teixeira trades went?

That's basically the only reason I can think of when it comes to them not making a big move mid-season. The Uggla trade was a stone cold rape of the Marlins, so that's an easy one for them to accept.

bbacn123
07-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Braves fans, do you guys think the org is gun shy about making the big move after how the Teixeira trades went?

Yeah I really do. Braves fans have given management a lot of sh*t for that one and personally I dont see why. At the time it was a great trade. We took a shot and had two seasons where we were legit contenders and it just didn't work and the fans got all pissy because we didnt win and started calling it a terrible trade.

It really wasnt a terrible trade though. We got exactly what we needed from it. Sometimes things just dont work out. Rewind back to that July we made the trade I would 100% do it again.

Taking a shot at it with Tex sure as hell hasn't set us back any. Look at our team. It's stacked with young players. Does anyone really care that we dont have Feliz, Salty, Andrus or Harrison? I f*cking dont.