PDA

View Full Version : Pence to Phillies done

JKS4
07-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Cosart, Singleton and two prospects to be named.

Fuk

Trapstar4.4
07-29-2011, 07:40 PM
wow they are really stacking that team out for this season. in to see how this all turns out. will lol if this campaign is unsuccessful
get em' braves!

melanimal_old
07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
people saying we're going to screw are selves in the future need to step back and realize that the 2 prospects we just dealt werent even prospects when we dealt for Halladay. The Phillies scouting and development is outstanding.

PhiGreens
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
YES, kept brown too. btw when will we drop this drew carpenter scrub?

JKS4
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Phillies and Giants pick up big bats...

Braves need to go get Bourn or Quentin

Ralph Wiggum
07-29-2011, 07:47 PM
people saying we're going to screw are selves in the future need to step back and realize that the 2 prospects we just dealt werent even prospects when we dealt for Halladay. The Phillies scouting and development is outstanding.

besides, who needs prospects when you have mountains of cash to throw around?

cor030
07-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Phillies and Giants pick up big bats...

Braves need to go get Bourn or Quentin

I just read on the Nats forum Bourn might be headed to the Reds...

JKS4
07-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I just read on the Nats forum Bourn might be headed to the Reds...

Read that as well... Feelsbad

Animal_Strength
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
i dont understand why this is a big trade. brb inflated BABIP = big bat.

cor030
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Read that as well... Feelsbad

I know that feel bro

I wanted Michael Bourn so bad, now we're about to give up one of my favorite nats(Storen) for Denard Span....

JKS4
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I know that feel bro

I wanted Michael Bourn so bad, now we're about to give up one of my favorite nats(Storen) for Denard Span....

I read that Nats said no to that trade..Storen is a stud.

kyleTX
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM
How good are Cosart and Singleton?

i need to know how soon they'll progress so I have a timeframe of WHEN WE'LL SHIP THEM BACK TO THE PHILLIES WHEN THEY TURN INTO ALL STARS

****in ed wade phaggot ass fairy fuk

cor030
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I read that Nats said no to that trade..Storen is a stud.

They did at first. The last report I read said he was still a possibility.

LostOne287
07-29-2011, 07:59 PM
besides, who needs prospects when you have mountains of cash to throw around?

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/51/5146/IRBCG00Z/posters/2010-world-series-champs-san-francisco-giants.jpg

Not a single high priced free agent was given that day.

kyleTX
07-29-2011, 08:01 PM
we sent cash to teh phillies as well so they'd avoid luxury tax, oh wow wonderful

ed wade is secretly on the phillies payroll, fact.

evilsteve02
07-29-2011, 08:02 PM

I agree with you, that team has 3 things that keep an organization winning. They draft well, have cash to make big time moves in the trade market and free agency, and your GM has big ass balls.

Ralph Wiggum
07-29-2011, 08:03 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/51/5146/IRBCG00Z/posters/2010-world-series-champs-san-francisco-giants.jpg

Not a single high priced free agent was given that day.

Phils had no high priced free agents when they won it on 08.

They now have the money to afford high priced free agents.. u mad?

BeachBrah22
07-29-2011, 08:05 PM
After this move, we're definately favorites to win the ws!

LostOne287
07-29-2011, 08:07 PM

Uh that's exactly my point lol. Developing players and homegrown talent wins championships not spending cash on FA's. But thanks for proving my point tho.

Randy_Marsh
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM

You act as if the Giants are broke or something. We've got plenty of cash too brah.

Ralph Wiggum
07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Uh that's exactly my point lol. Developing players and homegrown talent wins championships not spending cash on FA's. But thanks for proving my point tho.

You act like the Phillies buy all their players...

They bought: Cliff Lee, Raul Ibanez and Polanco (I guess? He was a Phillie in the past. Does it really count?)

Every other player is homegrown talent (drafted, rule 5) or traded (Halladay, Oswalt, and now Pence) for.

All i'm saying is Philly is a desirable place for free agents to sign now and they have money in the future.

Ralph Wiggum
07-29-2011, 08:14 PM
You act as if the Giants are broke or something. We've got plenty of cash too brah.

Surely not enough to outbid teams like the Yankees, Phillies, and Red Sox.

LostOne287
07-29-2011, 08:17 PM
You act like the Phillies buy all their players...

They bought: Cliff Lee, Raul Ibanez and Polanco (I guess? He was a Phillie in the past. Does it really count?)

Every other player is homegrown talent (drafted, rule 5) or traded (Halladay, Oswalt, and now Pence) for.

All i'm saying is Philly is a desirable place for free agents to sign now and they have money in the future.

Actually I'm not. My point is that they're going to have to now that they've mortgaged their whole farm system through trades.

Randy_Marsh
07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Surely not enough to outbid teams like the Yankees, Phillies, and Red Sox.

The general consensus among baseball people is that we will be a financial powerhouse along with the Yanks, Phils, and Sox. The profits from winning the world series helped a lot: we've basically been printing money with ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise. Not to mention our bad contracts come off the books in two years and we can reap the rewards from privately financing our stadium shortly.

Packers64
07-29-2011, 08:33 PM
read title too fast and came in wondering if Pence was a DT or ILB lol.

thebestrbevr21
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Actually I'm not. My point is that they're going to have to now that they've mortgaged their whole farm system through trades.

Yea cuz look at how great Carlos carrasco (rocked by royals tonight), Jason knapp(injured forever), Adrian Cardenas (minors still not looking like a star), mike Taylor (see Cardenas, A), and Kyle Drabek (struggling in the minors) are doing since we traded them.

People need to educate themselves before they formulate opinions I'll do it for you: singleton is a low power, good avg first baseman who hasn't even been above single A yet. Cosart has great stuff but serious injury issues, is said to have to make a move to reliever, and is having an average season.

Notasinglefukwasgiven.jpeg

ProWrestleFan
07-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Phillies are doing what they need to do to stay on top... And stay on top is what they will do when they win the world series...

As for trading prospects, we have enough time with the team we have now to breed their replacements and continue to dominate baseball...

melanimal_old
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
We apparently have mortgaged our future 3 times in the past 4 years. With a whole new crop of prospects each time.

The system is still stronger than the Giants. It sports pitchers Trevor May, Brody Colvin, and Jessie Biddle. All potential top 100.

bbacn123
07-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Imagine having the best night of your life at Turner Field moments ago and now coming home to see this and having your worst.

I am crying. Yes I said crying. Tears are running down my cheecks as I type this.

baseball_player
07-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Imagine having the best night of your life at Turner Field moments ago and now coming home to see this and having your worst.

I am crying. Yes I said crying. Tears are running down my cheecks as I type this.

I think you're drunk.

melanimal_old
07-30-2011, 01:01 AM

I dont know that feel bro.

Ralph Wiggum
07-30-2011, 06:12 AM
I dont know that feel bro.

The only feeling I know is the one when I get when Philly teams rob other teams fans (NY, Dallas, and now the Braves) of joy by trading for players they want or scooping free agents at the last minute.

evilsteve02
07-30-2011, 07:38 AM
We apparently have mortgaged our future 3 times in the past 4 years. With a whole new crop of prospects each time.

The system is still stronger than the Giants. It sports pitchers Trevor May, Brody Colvin, and Jessie Biddle. All potential top 100.

I understand the Giants won the WS last season, but come on....let's be honest with ourselves. The pitchers arn't going to pitch like they did last season (and they arn't). The only reason they won was because they got hot at the right time (and that is all that is needed). At this point, noone should even mention the Giants when we are talking about the 2011 World Series.

Ralph Wiggum
07-30-2011, 07:50 AM
I understand the Giants won the WS last season, but come on....let's be honest with ourselves. The pitchers arn't going to pitch like they did last season (and they arn't). The only reason they won was because they got hot at the right time (and that is all that is needed). At this point, noone should even mention the Giants when we are talking about the 2011 World Series.

inb4 giants fan start thumping their chests over the last series played in which they faced our fourth, fifth, and sixth starters (hamels pitched great too bad the phillies can't hit thurman murman anymore..)

stevesill
07-30-2011, 08:52 AM
"Not a single high priced free agent was given that day. "

Except Barry Zito right??? j/k