PDA

View Full Version : Kolb rumors from ESPN insider (Eagle fans GTFIH)(facepalm)

in4thelulz
07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
As an eagle fan.....not sure if I like....I hope this doesn't happen:

UPDATE: Last word on a Kevin Kolb trade to the Arizona Cardinals was that a starting cornerback (in this case, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie) would not be tempting enough for the Philadelphia Eagles to make a deal. But what if the Eagles got a starting cornerback and a backup quarterback in return?

In his latest mailbag, NFC West blogger Mike Sando revealed an e-mail from a reader suggesting a three-team trade between the Eagles, Cardinals, and Tennessee Titans. In this trade, the Eagles send Kolb to the Cardinals, the Cards send DRC to Tennessee, and the Titans send Cortland Finnegan and Vince Young to Philadelphia.

Sando says the deal (which at this point is just wild speculation) makes some sense, but there would be many obstacles to such a transaction (see below).

plz no

baseball_player
07-23-2011, 10:18 PM
=in4thelulz;723647221

Sando says the deal makes some sense

plz no

No, that makes no sense at all. I do not want Vince Young, i'll take DRC.

Eagles cant **** this one up.

in4thelulz
07-23-2011, 10:21 PM
No, that makes no sense at all. I do not want Vince Young, i'll take DRC.

Eagles cant **** this one up.

I know man...I don't want an over tempered corner and a suicidal QB....

The only possibility this could be great is if Vick were to mold VY, but still it sounds dumb as phuckkk.....

I wan't a 1st rd pick and a 3rd.....i'm sure we can get that. Hopefully the Cardinals and Seahawks get dumb and bid each other up.

Andrews11
07-23-2011, 10:24 PM
that would be a horrible trade, i like finnegan , but with ASO being out there for the taking in fa, i think we should go for the picks, young would be making a boat load of money to ride the pine and its doubtful that he would be happy to back up vick as he stated wherever he goes he wants an opp to start

Masstastic
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Andy Reid is a slick mother****er.

It must feel good knowing you have 2 teams ready to break their necks for a backup QB.

cor030
07-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Andy Reid is a slick mother****er.

It must feel good knowing you have 2 teams ready to break their necks for a backup QB.

Seriously. Eagles fans should be happy to get a few footballs and a headband for a QB like Kolb. They're about to get a massive return for a guy that has proven nothing.

in4thelulz
07-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Seriously. Eagles fans need to realize they would be lucky to get a few footballs and a headband for a QB like Kolb.

idk....the dude has potential. I don't think he will be "elite" but he will be a quality quarterback when he gets put on the right team.

cor030
07-23-2011, 10:42 PM
idk....the dude has potential. I don't think he will be "elite" but he will be a quality quarterback when he gets put on the right team.

He's not even the best QB available this year. A team could take a chance on Matt Moore without giving up draft picks and get a guy that is arguably better than Kolb with the same/better potential.

Masstastic
07-23-2011, 10:46 PM

You can say that for 90% of QB's in the NFL.

I can see him throwing for 21 TD's and 16 INT's next season. Nothing too impressive, but for what Arizona is willing to give up it will look like a bad deal.

Masstastic
07-23-2011, 10:49 PM
He's not even the best QB available this year. A team could take a chance on Matt Moore without giving up draft picks and get a guy that is arguably better than Kolb with the same/better potential.

If I were the Cardinals GM, I'd try to grab McNabb for a 5th rounder.

Trust a veteran McNabb for 1 season with the intention of drafting a QB in either the 1st or 2nd Round in 2012. It makes much more sense than their desperate attempt to acquire Kolb.

melanimal_old
07-23-2011, 10:51 PM
ewww Finnegan

RWC5113
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Seriously. Eagles fans should be happy to get a few footballs and a headband for a QB like Kolb. They're about to get a massive return for a guy that has proven nothing.

Agreed.
Seriously, Kevin Kolb just isn't very good.
I just don't get it.

cor030
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
You can say that for 90% of QB's in the NFL.

I can see him throwing for 21 TD's and 16 INT's next season. Nothing too impressive, but for what Arizona is willing to give up it will look like a bad deal.

I don't see what has given you the impression Kolb could put those stats up on any team other than the Eagles.

Name me one thing that makes Kolb better than Matt Moore besides being drafted in the 2nd round several years ago.

Moore has better stats, more wins as a starter, more TD's, played on a MUCH worse team with less offensive weapons, had John Fox as a head coach(lulz, Fox offense vs. Andy Ried offense), and they're both the same age.

and I by no means dislike the Eagles or whatever, I just cannot fathom the idea that Kolb is worth more than a 5th rounder.

Masstastic
07-23-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't see what has given you the impression Kolb could put those stats up on any team other than the Eagles.

Name me one thing that makes Kolb better than Matt Moore besides being drafted in the 2nd round several years ago.

Moore has better stats, more wins as a starter, more TD's, played on a MUCH worse team with less offensive weapons, had John Fox as a head coach(lulz, Fox offense vs. Andy Ried offense), and they're both the same age.

and I by no means dislike the Eagles or whatever, I just cannot fathom the idea that Kolb is worth more than a 5th rounder.

Because from all indications it looks like Arizona is going to get away from that run first offense they tried to use last season(& failed dramatically) and have a more open passing offense. They still have Fitz, Breaston, & a decent offensive line just 1 season removed from Warner leading them to the Playoffs.

Kolb has a stronger arm, is more agile/athletic, & has been less injury prone than Moore has.

I could see him putting up 20 TD's in Arizona just off the fact he would be back in his comfort zone taking snaps in the shotgun set. With a big time passing threat and a bunch of slot guys running around, he should be able to make it work.

cor030
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Because from all indications it looks like Arizona is going to get away from that run first offense they tried to use last season(& failed dramatically) and have a more open passing offense. They still have Fitz, Breaston, & a decent offensive line just 1 season removed from Warner leading them to the Playoffs.

Kolb has a stronger arm, is more agile/athletic, & has been less injury prone than Moore has.

I could see him putting up 20 TD's in Arizona just off the fact he would be back in his comfort zone taking snaps in the shotgun set. With a big time passing threat and a bunch of slot guys running around, he should be able to make it work.

He does not have a stronger arm. He is a checkdown machine that is afraid to throw downfield when he has a very good receiving corps lol. The agile/athletic thing is arguable because Moore is actually pretty athletic. The only thing true is the injury concerns.

Moore as a starter in 2009/2010 with a good/healthy team: 4-1, 990 yards, 8TD/1INT, 100+ QB rating.

Just to be clear, I think they're both career backups. I just don't see how Kolb is so overrated lol.

milkman04
07-23-2011, 11:21 PM
If I were the Cardinals GM, I'd try to grab McNabb for a 5th rounder.

Trust a veteran McNabb for 1 season with the intention of drafting a QB in either the 1st or 2nd Round in 2012. It makes much more sense than their desperate attempt to acquire Kolb.

Makes sense to sign McNabb and wait for the draft but he didn't have the best year last season. And got bench for REX GROSSMAN.

mcnabb... i am disappoint

Don't understand the Kolb hype but the Eagles are gonna milk him for more than he's worth. Jakes on the team that gives an arm and a leg for him.

SteezeFactory
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I still don't know how to feel about a potential DRC trade, not liking it at all currently. AZ would finally have a secondary that has depth and tons of talent at CB and then we trade away one of the biggest pieces. I'm not getting too caught up in any rumors until the stupid ass CBA gets figured out. Not a single fukk about the NFL has been give in about two months for me.

I like the part where you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/316wysk.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/29dfe61.jpg

Arizona was anything but a run first offense last year. Whiz ran the 3 P offense Pass, Pass, Punt with absolute sh*t at QB (DeWreck Anderson, Max Hall...) all season long. Our passing game would have been much higher in attempts per game if the offense didn't go 3 and out all the time. The Cardinals could also run the ball pretty effectively, but Whiz would rather run less than anyone in the league. Now the backfield consists of Wells, Hightower, and Ryan Williams (and Stephens-Howling deserves a few touches as well). No idea how whiz will split carries there, hopefully he runs the fukking ball more especially if we have more mediocrity at QB.

Masstastic
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Makes sense to sign McNabb and wait for the draft but he didn't have the best year last season. And got bench for REX GROSSMAN.

mcnabb... i am disappoint

Don't understand the Kolb hype but the Eagles are gonna milk him for more than he's worth. Jakes on the team that gives an arm and a leg for him.

That wasnt a legit benching.

I still have no clue the reasoning behind that move Shanny made outside of making a statement to the rest of the team that any of them can be benched/traded/released.

Lasers1
07-23-2011, 11:55 PM

UPDATE: Last word on a Kevin Kolb trade to the Arizona Cardinals was that a starting cornerback (in this case, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie) would not be tempting enough for the Philadelphia Eagles to make a deal. But what if the Eagles got a starting cornerback and a backup quarterback in return?

In his latest mailbag, NFC West blogger Mike Sando revealed an e-mail from a reader suggesting a three-team trade between the Eagles, Cardinals, and Tennessee Titans. In this trade, the Eagles send Kolb to the Cardinals, the Cards send DRC to Tennessee, and the Titans send Cortland Finnegan and Vince Young to Philadelphia.

Sando says the deal (which at this point is just wild speculation) makes some sense, but there would be many obstacles to such a transaction (see below).

plz no

Did you miss this part? It's just some phaggot fan dreaming up trade ideas and trolling the ESPN boards

SRSmiscerIZsrs
07-23-2011, 11:59 PM
oh espn making stuff up, nothing new here.

Future24
07-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Eagles turning into the NFL version of the Portland Jailblazers

Clives_Bicep
07-24-2011, 05:58 AM
how can we trade VY when he is being released?

FatWhiteKid
07-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Cortland Finnegan and Vince Young? WTF?

Ralph Wiggum
07-24-2011, 06:18 AM
seriously.. id rather keep kolb than get any of these players, especially DRC. we need a guy on who can actually ****ing tackle a player. nobody in the eagles secondary can tackle worth a ****.

regGQ
07-24-2011, 10:43 AM
ewww Finnegan
This. Dude's a pos

PumpAndGrow
07-24-2011, 10:46 AM
trollololololol

thebestrbevr21
07-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Kevin kolb may not be a top 10 QB but he's definitely shown potential to be in the 11-15 range.

Things kolb has done that matt Moore hasn't:
1st QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards in his first 2 starts.
Torched a top 5 falcons team last season.
Been tutored under arguably the best QB molders in the NFL in Reid and Marty.

I know the argument I'm gonna hear is "it was against the saints and chiefs who's defenses weren't great" but it was his first 2 starts ever so that's still very significant as nobody had ever done it in history before him.

Also to whoever thinks the eagles are becoming the jailblazers idk how you can say that when they haven't had any players get in trouble while on the team.

thegenerel
07-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I want Kolb to become an All-Pro just so I can laugh at the guy. he has barely been given a chance, but every Misc Future GM has written him off.

The Eagles would be effed if the other 31 teams were not retarded and had made 2010 Join Date as a hiring requirement.

No one here has a clue how good he will be. Last year it was "Kolb = 2011 Pro Bowl", one year and one concussion later, he isnt worth squat.

Lasers1
07-24-2011, 11:20 AM

ITT: Everyone getting trolled

brb_ballin
07-24-2011, 11:30 AM
lol an email from a reader... aka some miscer PMed him the trade.

also Vick + Young QB combo.............wut?

Finnegan is a phaggot too

989sports
07-24-2011, 11:36 AM
This. Dude's a pos

How?

He's a great player.

Yank11
07-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Finnegan is fuking scum, dirtiest player in the league. If he goes to the Eagles I will be pissed, don't want to have to play him twice a year

21Classic
07-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Finnegan is fuking scum, dirtiest player in the league. If he goes to the Eagles I will be pissed, don't want to have to play him twice a year

He'll match their fan base perfectly, whats the problem?

DRC will get eaten alive in philly. The moment he gets burned or jumps the wrong route, they will obliterate him. Aside from his pro bowl season, hes been pretty terrible for awhile now. Hes living off reputation as this point as a 'pro bowl CB'. He actually sucks pretty bad. Our #2 CB, Toler, is better than him in many aspects.

Still. I dont want to give up DRC. Ill give a 2nd and 5th for Kolb. Thats it.

Kolb isnt even #1 on my list.

Orton
Palmer
Kolb OR Vince Young
Bulger
Mcnabb.

VY gets a bad rep for being a dickhead. but as far as QB's go, hes not bad. pretty accurate. strong arm. big guy hard to tackle. great scrambler. Hes like a bigger vick. Id take him.

sleet83
07-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Kevin kolb may not be a top 10 QB but he's definitely shown potential to be in the 11-15 range.

Things kolb has done that matt Moore hasn't:
1st QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards in his first 2 starts.
Torched a top 5 falcons team last season.
Been tutored under arguably the best QB molders in the NFL in Reid and Marty.

I know the argument I'm gonna hear is "it was against the saints and chiefs who's defenses weren't great" but it was his first 2 starts ever so that's still very significant as nobody had ever done it in history before him.

Also to whoever thinks the eagles are becoming the jailblazers idk how you can say that when they haven't had any players get in trouble while on the team.

I guess you didn't watch Kolb play last season? He was constantly checking down and missing WIDE OPEN receivers. Jackson + Maclin were running circles around secondaries getting open but he'd drop it 5 yards to his RB/TE. He has ZERO vision.

Arizona Cardinals, the Quarterback graveyard.

sleet83
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
He'll match their fan base perfectly, whats the problem?

DRC will get eaten alive in philly. The moment he gets burned or jumps the wrong route, they will obliterate him. Aside from his pro bowl season, hes been pretty terrible for awhile now. Hes living off reputation as this point as a 'pro bowl CB'. He actually sucks pretty bad. Our #2 CB, Toler, is better than him in many aspects.

Still. I dont want to give up DRC. Ill give a 2nd and 5th for Kolb. Thats it.

Kolb isnt even #1 on my list.

Orton
Palmer
Kolb OR Vince Young
Bulger
Mcnabb.

VY gets a bad rep for being a dickhead. but as far as QB's go, hes not bad. pretty accurate. strong arm. big guy hard to tackle. great scrambler. Hes like a bigger vick. Id take him.

VY isn't even a top 20 QB. He's got a terrible attitude and has done **** all in the NFL. 75 QB Rating and 1:1 TD:INT ratio.... everytime something doesn't go his way he starts bitching. Let him go off to the CFL/UFL.

thebestrbevr21
07-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I guess you didn't watch Kolb play last season? He was constantly checking down and missing WIDE OPEN receivers. Jackson + Maclin were running circles around secondaries getting open but he'd drop it 5 yards to his RB/TE. He has ZERO vision.

Arizona Cardinals, the Quarterback graveyard.

Actually you must not have seen him play the few games he got action in.
Matt Ryan averaged 6.5 ypa while kolb averaged 6.3 and I don't hear people saying he's a checkdown QB

sleet83
07-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Matt Ryan averaged 6.5 ypa while kolb averaged 6.3 and I don't hear people saying he's a checkdown QB

Yeah, he played so well he was able to get his starting job back from Vick... wait...

letsnotbl
07-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Lmao. Actually a lot of people here say Matty Ice isnt much of cannon. Pretty safe QB.

And if we are gonna rate QB by yds per attempt like you just did then Kolb ends up being worse than

Troy Smith lol
Alex Smith lol
Colt McCoy
Rex Grossman lollol
Bruce Gradkowski lololol
and finally .01 yd better than Derek ****ing Anderson

So, in conclusion, if you wanna shoot down the whole "Kolb checks down when DJax and Maclin are wide open" argument, dont use YPA as your argument.

My position is, Kolb is a safe QB. Just like Matty Ice. The dude isnt Rivers or Vick out there throwing monster passes to receivers. Sure he occasionally takes a deep shot like in the ATL game, but not often. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but don't try to argue that he slings it out deep all the time, when he did miss wide open receivers and didn't even look for them half the time (like someone said, poor vision)

His rating was 76.1. Pretty average imo.

And for those of you saying McNabb isnt any better for Arizona cuz he came off a bad year, his rating was still better than Kolbs. So the only plus side there is that Kolb is a more long term option.