PDA

View Full Version : Does all this seem ok?

InkyBinky
07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Calculated based on the Macronutrient Sticky.

Weight: 102 KG
Fat: 20%
BMR: 2132
Activity: 1.6
Daily Calorie Requirement: 3412
Daily Calories to Loose Weight (-10%): 3071
Fat: 102g
Car: 305g
Pro: 233g

Goal: Loose body fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Question: How much sodium, sugar, and water?

ParsonBrown
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
It looks like a decent starting point. If I had to guess I would have thought the calories would have been a bit more, but that doesn't matter either way....give it a try for 2 weeks and adjust as needed.

Water - I personally shoot for at least 1 gallon to 1.5 per day, and I do this without any issues.

I don't track sodium or sugar by themselves....If I end up eating out for the day it almost certainly goes over the minimum amount on sodium. But with an active lifting routine and plenty of water it doesn't matter much.

InkyBinky
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Water - I personally shoot for at least 1 gallon to 1.5 per day, and I do this without any issues.

I think I'll do the same too.

I don't track sodium or sugar by themselves....

Not sure if this would be the best possible route for me as I am going to be calculating each meal using the fitday.com website.

InkyBinky
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Question 2: As per my understanding, gaining/losing weight is dependent on calorie surplus or deficit in respect to your maintenance calories. Does this mean that I can eat whatever I want & still lose fat; as long as I get my macronutrient requirements are fulfilled and I remain at about 10% below my maintenance calories?

Question 3: If the above is true, why do people strictly choose to eat clean food only?

Question 4: Not to drift off too far from a clean diet, does this mean that I can have a single cheat meal everyday; again as long as I get my macronutrient requirements fulfilled and remain at about 10% below my maintenance calories?

sunchienlee
07-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Q2: Don't think of it as a blanket statement where you can "eat whatever you want". Eat what you enjoy while still keeping in mind that you should be eating a diet consisting of sufficient macro and micronutrients. *lose, not loose

Q3: Again, there is no "clean food". For me, knowing what's in my food is important to me. Also, fast food and processed food just don't offer the same satiety for me as whole food.

Q4: It's not a cheat meal if it still fits in your daily macro requirement. Don't think of it as a cheat meal. "Eating food that you enjoy" is not a very difficult idea.