PDA

View Full Version : protein intake without working out

THIZZinVA
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
well im stuck in the field playing army. Ive been out here since the 1st of the month and we dont leave the field until the 14th. Im tyring my best to maintain my protein intake which is about 175-180 grams a day. Mainly through bars and shakes since the army only feeds breakfast and dinner. what are the expected results of this? I workout 6 days a week, but like i said no gym until the 14th. will my bodyfat increase?

Onebadapple1
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
It depends on the amount of exercise your doing it may go down, with out the weights your muscle will decrease.

justanothagirl
02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
maybe you can still do some calisthenics? lunges, squats, tricep dips, push ups, pull ups, abs etc. i dont know i guess its not the same if you're used to lifting really heavy but it's better than nothing

DiosItaliano
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
well im stuck in the field playing army. Ive been out here since the 1st of the month and we dont leave the field until the 14th. Im tyring my best to maintain my protein intake which is about 175-180 grams a day. Mainly through bars and shakes since the army only feeds breakfast and dinner. what are the expected results of this? I workout 6 days a week, but like i said no gym until the 14th. will my bodyfat increase?

dont worry about it you have the rest of your life, i just got out of the marine corps trust me

ps2cho
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
You will lose STRENGTH, but hardly any muscle if you continue to keep the protein high. Strength can be regained in a few weeks...but muscle takes months. So keep the protein high and you shouldn't lose much. Do some pushups before bed each night

THIZZinVA
02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah i think im going to hit the pushups before bed. any idea how many sets i should do? we have big ass 50 cal barrels but they are not heavy enough and i dont feel like doing 20 reps per set to actulally get something accomplished. so ill stick with the push ups. i got lucky cause my commander let us use the gym, It was great. but i dont think we are going back..lol. so push up it is.