PDA

View Full Version : Olive Oil

jnatale3
07-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I am a HUGE advocate of using olive oil in my pastas with chic peas and mediterranean spices too. Question is, can anyone else recommend different things I can use the olive oil with to get more of it's benefits from? The g\good fats and nutrients it supplies are excellent and just want to get some more of the good stuff without getting bored with only pastas. - Joe

FenderElectrics
07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Well there aren't really "good" fats necessarily. But if you're looking for more olive oil in your diet a simple answer is to just drink it. It sounds nasty but it really isn't at all, I drink 0-2 tablespoons a day depending on my need for additional fats for the day.

You can also throw some on the frying pan along with some spinach and it is a pretty nice snack.

Daio
07-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Drizzle it over your vegetables or salad...delicious!!

aljick
07-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I fry my foods with it

I've tried an olive oil shot once but damn it kind of fizzled/burned my throat

jnatale3
07-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Sounds good to me. I like the fat I get out of the olive oil as opposed to the other fats i can get from greasy food like hamburger grease or other red meat grease in our foods. True, fat is fat, but i love some omega value too. As for the vegetables, that sounds great also. I wonder what the olive oil can "cook in". For example, can it be substituted for canola oil or soil oil when cooking foods like chicken or sauteed veggies? - Joe