PDA

View Full Version : Question about P90X Phase 1

Downside
07-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi guys, just a simple question for those who have done the P90X diet. According to my numbers I'm at level 3 and currently doing phase 1. That means that if I go with the portion approach (which is what I'm doing) I am able to have 2 double snacks a day. Now it specifies you can either have any 2 single snacks or 1 double snack per serving. I'm a big fan of peanut butter which is listed as a single serving at 1 tbsp so if I were to make peanut butter my only snack does that mean I can have 4 tbsp a day since I'm doubling it?

I'm absolutely following everything but since 4tbsp of peanut butter is so good to be true I just wanted to double check. But I am indeed entitled to 2 double snacks so....

Downside
07-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Bump........

sawoobley
07-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Read the stickies! Learn to follow your macros and get your micros rather than a dumbed down nutrition plan for beginners.

Downside
07-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Dude with all due respect but my question is directed towards those who have followed the P90X plan and those people know it's such a simple question. I know IIFYM allows you to eat whatever you want but I'm sticking to this "dumbed down" diet because I am getting a lot of whole foods and providing my body with everything needed. I just have a question in regards to that particular snack. So thanks anyway but I've tried doing the stuff in the stickies about a thousand times and never seem to understand squat so I said the hell with it.

jon1995
07-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Dude with all due respect but my question is directed towards those who have followed the P90X plan and those people know it's such a simple question. I know IIFYM allows you to eat whatever you want but I'm sticking to this "dumbed down" diet because I am getting a lot of whole foods and providing my body with everything needed. I just have a question in regards to that particular snack. So thanks anyway but I've tried doing the stuff in the stickies about a thousand times and never seem to understand squat so I said the hell with it.

if u dont believe him il tell it to you read the stickies I've done p90x there nutrition guide is old you need to follow the stickies.

Jamie94
07-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Fuk, just go read the damn stickys again

bbavender
07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
28 years old and can't comprehend the stickies? I think you may have a bigger issue than 4tbsp of pb

Jamie94
07-16-2011, 04:05 PM
28 years old and can't comprehend the stickies? I think you may have a bigger issue than 4tbsp of pb

I know right. Dumbed down version of stickys:

Get 1g/lb protein, .5g/lb fat, find maint add 500 cals to bulk subtract 500 to cut.
Eat what ever you want when ever you want, hit macros.

OGOD MY BRAIN

desslok
07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Are you weighing the PB or eyeballing? As long as you don't use heaping spoons of it you're fine.

Downside
07-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Are you weighing the PB or eyeballing? As long as you don't use heaping spoons of it you're fine.

Finally someone who can at least be respectful. I'm eyeballing it. I just have 4 spoonfulls with a regular small spoon, I think I may even be under 4 tbsp's actually but I just assume that's it.

Jamie94
07-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Finally someone who can at least be respectful. I'm eyeballing it. I just have 4 spoonfulls with a regular small spoon, I think I may even be under 4 tbsp's actually but I just assume that's it.

So people giving you advice to make a much better difference to your nutritional views, and changing your life from thinking eating 4 tbsp of pb a day is bad, are being disrespectful? Ok sir.

desslok
07-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Check this OP http://caloriecount.about.com/article/when_you_cant_measure_estimate_portions

Downside
07-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I know right. Dumbed down version of stickys:

Get 1g/lb protein, .5g/lb fat, find maint add 500 cals to bulk subtract 500 to cut.
Eat what ever you want when ever you want, hit macros.

OGOD MY BRAIN

That's pretty much what I'm doing mate. Maint is 3,676 so since I'm cutting I do 3,000

9 servings of whole protein, 1 serving of carbs, 4 veggies, 2 fruit, 4 dairy, 1 condiment, 1 fat, 2 double snacks, 1 drink, 1 bar.

It all amounts to 3,000 cals with 1g protein per pound my question is more of a "make sure" deal with the pb but then again there's always the need around here for sarcasm. Any way I appreciate the fact that you at least contributed with something.

Can I have an example of your cutting diet? Not that I will apply it to my body type but just to see how much of the foods you really like you are allowed to eat?

Jamie94
07-16-2011, 05:09 PM
That's pretty much what I'm doing mate. Maint is 3,676 so since I'm cutting I do 3,000

9 servings of whole protein, 1 serving of carbs, 4 veggies, 2 fruit, 4 dairy, 1 condiment, 1 fat, 2 double snacks, 1 drink, 1 bar.

It all amounts to 3,000 cals with 1g protein per pound my question is more of a "make sure" deal with the pb but then again there's always the need around here for sarcasm. Any way I appreciate the fact that you at least contributed with something.

Can I have an example of your cutting diet? Not that I will apply it to my body type but just to see how much of the foods you really like you are allowed to eat?

My diet changes day to day - I don't plan beforehand because It makes me feel like I want to go off track. Most days I'll incorperate a bowl of cereal cause I love the stuff, usually tuna just for 30g protein from 140cals, and then the rest what ever. Usually a Subway or two (Since I work there), and some meal that my mom would make - pasta with meat in it or something. Then maybe cheese to get some more fat/protein, and if i hit macros but under on cals - more cereal, or a cookie etc.

nlite2000
07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Beachbody=good workout videos/brotastic diet plans

Just find a calorie intake based on your goals and go with that.

nlite2000
07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
and if you want a brotastic answer to your brotastic question, go to the beachbody boards instead of getting pissy when people give you advice here.

33BMB33
07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi guys, just a simple question for those who have done the P90X diet. According to my numbers I'm at level 3 and currently doing phase 1. That means that if I go with the portion approach (which is what I'm doing) I am able to have 2 double snacks a day. Now it specifies you can either have any 2 single snacks or 1 double snack per serving. I'm a big fan of peanut butter which is listed as a single serving at 1 tbsp so if I were to make peanut butter my only snack does that mean I can have 4 tbsp a day since I'm doubling it?

I'm absolutely following everything but since 4tbsp of peanut butter is so good to be true I just wanted to double check. But I am indeed entitled to 2 double snacks so....

OP, I am on my 3rd round of P90X and my results through the first two rounds have been outstanding as far as weight loss goes. However, I gained very little muscle and this is because I only recently found this site and IIFYM. All I can say now is that I wish I knew then what I know now about what my body needs to grow and become strong. If I were you I would find your maintenance level and increase by 20%. This in my opinion is far better than trying to follow their food guide. The reason for this is because it takes a GREAT deal of time to measure out their portions and what they want you to eat when you can just eat foods you like and fit it into your macros. Just my opinion bro

Downside
07-16-2011, 07:13 PM
so if my deficit is 3000 cals that means 208g protein and how much fat? how much can I feel with chocolate ice cream and cookies? isnt that more fat and sugar? I don't understand